Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
27,821 - 27,840 of 32,326 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>we're just putting it back into the light so it can do some good.

What did you mean?

Is it going to mitigate against the next ice age?
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote: Nice use of long refuted, yet transparently wrong to begin with, Argument for Morons.

Like I said, if you had good arguments, you'd use them.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>OHHHH!!! can i borrow this one from you, captain asshat?
If by that, you're asking permission to continue to use long refuted, yet transparently wrong to begin with, Arguments for Morons, you will do so regardless.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Not "in real science", in technology or policy experiments are used to measure real world results and validate the technology or policy.
What's the most compelling experiment or demonstration of climate change mitigation you've seen?
PRATT - Point refuted a thousand times!

The dumbazz denier of all dumbazz deniers makes the same dumbazz refuted argument again and again and again.

I'm outta here; just skinning the email alerts from you morons is detrimental to one's IQ.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
There's no experimental evidence that man can control or change climate.
(Face -> palm)

That's why I have to leave. The stupidity/dishonesty of the BG's and RDTM's is nauseating.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
Like I said, if you had good arguments, you'd use them.
ditto, darlin'...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>we're just putting it back into the light so it can do some good.

What do you mean?

Is it going to mitigate against the next ice age?

What is the good that adding CO2 to the atmosphere will do? Warm up the earth?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>(Face -> palm)
That's why I have to leave. The stupidity/dishonesty of the BG's and RDTM's is nauseating.
If you're so SMART you should be able to HONESTLY defend your claims with facts as opposed to your hissy fits.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>If you're so SMART you should be able to HONESTLY defend your claims with facts as opposed to your hissy fits.
He did. You ignored them. Many times.

You have proved yourself to be a vacuous troll.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
Brian_G wrote: <quoted text>we're just putting it back into the light so it can do some good. What did you mean? Is it going to mitigate against the next ice age?
If man made CO2 causes climate change then we're already mitigating against global cooling, the well known ice age climate scenario. If you'd like to mitigate against global cooling, maybe you could cite a peer reviewed experiment that demonstrates climate change mitigation, or man made global climate change. Maybe not.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
PRATT - Point refuted a thousand times! The dumbazz denier of all dumbazz deniers makes the same dumbazz refuted argument again and again and again. I'm outta here; just skinning the email alerts from you morons is detrimental to one's IQ.
There's never been even one experimental test of climate change mitigation or man made climate change. What's up with that?

Don't buy a pig in a poke.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

We're not discussing some otiose theory like evolution; the issue is climate change mitigation. Controlling man's CO2 emissions and setting up schemes to take CO2 out of the atmosphere and sequester it away. Preponderance of evidence might be fine for a study in biology but if you want to get a drug passed the FDA, you've got to provide experimental proof.

Why would you accept a lower standard for your planet's health?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
He did. You ignored them. Many times.
You have proved yourself to be a vacuous troll.
provide ONE example.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
We're not discussing some otiose theory like evolution; the issue is climate change mitigation. Controlling man's CO2 emissions and setting up schemes to take CO2 out of the atmosphere and sequester it away. Preponderance of evidence might be fine for a study in biology but if you want to get a drug passed the FDA, you've got to provide experimental proof.
Why would you accept a lower standard for your planet's health?
gee wizz 'brian', all of the tons of liquid oxygen that nasa stole out of the air without anyones permission, for their space shuttle launches should be considered. but of course, that was for science, so it was ok. rising levels of other gasses were not effected by the removal of billions of tons of oxygen in gas form from the atmosphere that they liquidfied and burned in the space shuttle launches without permission of the worlds people. yep, there is no experimental proof. only in frankinstein movies does science go wrong. they know what they are doing.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Provide ONE stock, 8k Flying blade, or anything, but your trolling games...
After all, even children takes turns & you've provided nothing, but 12 year old "behavior".
LMAOROFU~
if my posts are similar to a 12 year old......someone's still changing your pull ups.
See above posts for credible evidence.
LOL
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

rite on the muddle wrote:
Look at moniker mutt, what a "life" ?
Come on moniker, tell us all about the 8k blades, that destroyed your "brain" !!!
I've seem a 4 year old, with more intellect..
this is good example of what happens when 'litesong' goes to a family reunion.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Doggie wrote:
It's OK, I see you're not really a man to compete honestly. In fact, WE ALL SEE IT DAILY / Daisy....
LMAOROFU~
you change monikers really often!
Is it because of your inferiority complex, son?
Doggieakaliteson g

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you change monikers really often!
Is it because of your inferiority complex, son?
It is because of my inferiority complex, due in part because I do not have all the education I always talk about, but never show proof I have. The only way I can get away with my childishness is to, well act like the spoiled brat I am. Now if you will excuse me, Im going to my bed and cry.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Doggieakalitesong wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because of my inferiority complex, due in part because I do not have all the education I always talk about, but never show proof I have. The only way I can get away with my childishness is to, well act like the spoiled brat I am. Now if you will excuse me, Im going to my bed and cry.
oh no 'doggie', don't go. stay and teach litesong some tricks.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

LMAO.!!!!!!!!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

lips on November 12, 2013 at 4:04 pm
shutterstock_80468743

CREDIT: Shutterstock

The redistribution of rainfall predicted by climate change modeling is playing out in real life, a new study by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has found.

The research, published Monday in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, is the first study to find the signal of climate change in global precipitation shifts across land and sea. According to The Australian, large-scale studies to date have overlooked the 77 percent of global rainfall that occurs over the oceans.

The initial change has resulted in wet areas, such as the tropics, becoming wetter, while drier regions such as deserts have become more arid. The effect is expected to worsen as climate change continues to worsen.

According to the study, greenhouse gasses affect the distribution of precipitation through two mechanisms. Increasing temperatures that are expected to make wet regions wetter and dry regions drier (thermodynamic changes) and changes in atmospheric circulation patterns will push storm tracks and subtropical dry zones toward the poles.

“Both these changes are occurring simultaneously in global precipitation and this behavior cannot be explained by natural variability alone,” said lead author Kate Marvel.“External influences such as the increase in greenhouse gases are responsible for the changes.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Presidential Priorities 17 min Capt Crunch 2
Muslims Saw Americans Head Off 20 min Capt Crunch 5
The 1% Should Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes 2 hr cantmakeitup 15
Minneapolis man charged with murder in shooting 2 hr cowboy chris 1
CISCO laying off to hire Illegals? 5 hr John gotti 3
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,226
Kluwe and Vikings settle out of court 7 hr Vikings are Sissies 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE