Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#30364 Nov 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>we're just putting it back into the light so it can do some good.

What did you mean?

Is it going to mitigate against the next ice age?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#30365 Nov 10, 2013
Kyle wrote: Nice use of long refuted, yet transparently wrong to begin with, Argument for Morons.

Like I said, if you had good arguments, you'd use them.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>OHHHH!!! can i borrow this one from you, captain asshat?
If by that, you're asking permission to continue to use long refuted, yet transparently wrong to begin with, Arguments for Morons, you will do so regardless.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#30366 Nov 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Not "in real science", in technology or policy experiments are used to measure real world results and validate the technology or policy.
What's the most compelling experiment or demonstration of climate change mitigation you've seen?
PRATT - Point refuted a thousand times!

The dumbazz denier of all dumbazz deniers makes the same dumbazz refuted argument again and again and again.

I'm outta here; just skinning the email alerts from you morons is detrimental to one's IQ.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#30367 Nov 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
There's no experimental evidence that man can control or change climate.
(Face -> palm)

That's why I have to leave. The stupidity/dishonesty of the BG's and RDTM's is nauseating.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30368 Nov 11, 2013
Kyle wrote:
Like I said, if you had good arguments, you'd use them.
ditto, darlin'...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30369 Nov 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>we're just putting it back into the light so it can do some good.

What do you mean?

Is it going to mitigate against the next ice age?

What is the good that adding CO2 to the atmosphere will do? Warm up the earth?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30370 Nov 11, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>(Face -> palm)
That's why I have to leave. The stupidity/dishonesty of the BG's and RDTM's is nauseating.
If you're so SMART you should be able to HONESTLY defend your claims with facts as opposed to your hissy fits.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#30371 Nov 11, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>If you're so SMART you should be able to HONESTLY defend your claims with facts as opposed to your hissy fits.
He did. You ignored them. Many times.

You have proved yourself to be a vacuous troll.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#30372 Nov 12, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Brian_G wrote: <quoted text>we're just putting it back into the light so it can do some good. What did you mean? Is it going to mitigate against the next ice age?
If man made CO2 causes climate change then we're already mitigating against global cooling, the well known ice age climate scenario. If you'd like to mitigate against global cooling, maybe you could cite a peer reviewed experiment that demonstrates climate change mitigation, or man made global climate change. Maybe not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#30373 Nov 12, 2013
Kyle wrote:
PRATT - Point refuted a thousand times! The dumbazz denier of all dumbazz deniers makes the same dumbazz refuted argument again and again and again. I'm outta here; just skinning the email alerts from you morons is detrimental to one's IQ.
There's never been even one experimental test of climate change mitigation or man made climate change. What's up with that?

Don't buy a pig in a poke.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#30374 Nov 12, 2013
We're not discussing some otiose theory like evolution; the issue is climate change mitigation. Controlling man's CO2 emissions and setting up schemes to take CO2 out of the atmosphere and sequester it away. Preponderance of evidence might be fine for a study in biology but if you want to get a drug passed the FDA, you've got to provide experimental proof.

Why would you accept a lower standard for your planet's health?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30375 Nov 12, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
He did. You ignored them. Many times.
You have proved yourself to be a vacuous troll.
provide ONE example.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
heavytune

Seattle, WA

#30377 Nov 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
We're not discussing some otiose theory like evolution; the issue is climate change mitigation. Controlling man's CO2 emissions and setting up schemes to take CO2 out of the atmosphere and sequester it away. Preponderance of evidence might be fine for a study in biology but if you want to get a drug passed the FDA, you've got to provide experimental proof.
Why would you accept a lower standard for your planet's health?
gee wizz 'brian', all of the tons of liquid oxygen that nasa stole out of the air without anyones permission, for their space shuttle launches should be considered. but of course, that was for science, so it was ok. rising levels of other gasses were not effected by the removal of billions of tons of oxygen in gas form from the atmosphere that they liquidfied and burned in the space shuttle launches without permission of the worlds people. yep, there is no experimental proof. only in frankinstein movies does science go wrong. they know what they are doing.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30381 Nov 12, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Provide ONE stock, 8k Flying blade, or anything, but your trolling games...
After all, even children takes turns & you've provided nothing, but 12 year old "behavior".
LMAOROFU~
if my posts are similar to a 12 year old......someone's still changing your pull ups.
See above posts for credible evidence.
LOL
heavytune

Seattle, WA

#30384 Nov 12, 2013
rite on the muddle wrote:
Look at moniker mutt, what a "life" ?
Come on moniker, tell us all about the 8k blades, that destroyed your "brain" !!!
I've seem a 4 year old, with more intellect..
this is good example of what happens when 'litesong' goes to a family reunion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30385 Nov 12, 2013
Doggie wrote:
It's OK, I see you're not really a man to compete honestly. In fact, WE ALL SEE IT DAILY / Daisy....
LMAOROFU~
you change monikers really often!
Is it because of your inferiority complex, son?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Doggieakaliteson g

Torrance, CA

#30387 Nov 12, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you change monikers really often!
Is it because of your inferiority complex, son?
It is because of my inferiority complex, due in part because I do not have all the education I always talk about, but never show proof I have. The only way I can get away with my childishness is to, well act like the spoiled brat I am. Now if you will excuse me, Im going to my bed and cry.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
heavytune

Seattle, WA

#30388 Nov 12, 2013
Doggieakalitesong wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because of my inferiority complex, due in part because I do not have all the education I always talk about, but never show proof I have. The only way I can get away with my childishness is to, well act like the spoiled brat I am. Now if you will excuse me, Im going to my bed and cry.
oh no 'doggie', don't go. stay and teach litesong some tricks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30389 Nov 12, 2013
LMAO.!!!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30392 Nov 12, 2013
lips on November 12, 2013 at 4:04 pm
shutterstock_80468743

CREDIT: Shutterstock

The redistribution of rainfall predicted by climate change modeling is playing out in real life, a new study by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has found.

The research, published Monday in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, is the first study to find the signal of climate change in global precipitation shifts across land and sea. According to The Australian, large-scale studies to date have overlooked the 77 percent of global rainfall that occurs over the oceans.

The initial change has resulted in wet areas, such as the tropics, becoming wetter, while drier regions such as deserts have become more arid. The effect is expected to worsen as climate change continues to worsen.

According to the study, greenhouse gasses affect the distribution of precipitation through two mechanisms. Increasing temperatures that are expected to make wet regions wetter and dry regions drier (thermodynamic changes) and changes in atmospheric circulation patterns will push storm tracks and subtropical dry zones toward the poles.

“Both these changes are occurring simultaneously in global precipitation and this behavior cannot be explained by natural variability alone,” said lead author Kate Marvel.“External influences such as the increase in greenhouse gases are responsible for the changes.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
8 dead in aussie stabbing 6 min Space ace 1
Mall of America Protest 27 min Sunshine 13
MNsure losing money already (Jan '14) 3 hr LIbEralS 17
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 5 hr Sunshine 12
Renee Manning Colleen wallin Joe Cole IPM DMW (Jun '09) 6 hr irs audit dmw Car... 48
Whites blacks 9 hr Icantbreathe 1
GRUBER gate 9 hr LIbEralS 16
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News