Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#30306 Oct 29, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
So many people confuse their opinions from facts. They often have the opinion that they're bright, too!! Lol
"Divesting from fossil fuel companies carries very low risk to the portfolio and hedges against the foreseeable decline in the fossil fuel industry known as the “Carbon Bubble”. If we are to limit temperature rise to 2oC, which is the internationally accepted limit on temperature rise, 60 to 80% of fossil fuel reserves cannot be extracted and burned for profit2. These are then are considered stranded assets, which severely inflates the value of the companies’ stock. Hence, long-term investments in the fossil fuel industry will likely prove to be bad investments.

Efforts to transition away from fossil fuels have been hindered by the industry’s money, political influence, and tacit acceptance from institutions like ours. This is where University of Delaware can play a role by publicly ending its investments in fossil fuels. A mass divestment movement can both harm these corporations’ bottom lines, and delegitimize them in the court of public opinion, aiding the transition to a sustainable future. University of Delaware can truly “Dare to be First” by being the first university among the top 100 universities with the largest endowment to divest from fossil fuels. In doing so, it would provide a strong impetus to the growing movement of divestment, which currently comprises of 6 colleges and universities, 18 cities, and numerous other institutions."
http://gofossilfree.org/students-at-the-unive...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30307 Oct 29, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Divesting from fossil fuel companies carries very low risk to the portfolio and hedges against the foreseeable decline in the fossil fuel industry known as the “Carbon Bubble”. If we are to limit temperature rise to 2oC, which is the internationally accepted limit on temperature rise, 60 to 80% of fossil fuel reserves cannot be extracted and burned for profit2. These are then are considered stranded assets, which severely inflates the value of the companies’ stock. Hence, long-term investments in the fossil fuel industry will likely prove to be bad investments.
Efforts to transition away from fossil fuels have been hindered by the industry’s money, political influence, and tacit acceptance from institutions like ours. This is where University of Delaware can play a role by publicly ending its investments in fossil fuels. A mass divestment movement can both harm these corporations’ bottom lines, and delegitimize them in the court of public opinion, aiding the transition to a sustainable future. University of Delaware can truly “Dare to be First” by being the first university among the top 100 universities with the largest endowment to divest from fossil fuels. In doing so, it would provide a strong impetus to the growing movement of divestment, which currently comprises of 6 colleges and universities, 18 cities, and numerous other institutions."
http://gofossilfree.org/students-at-the-unive...
Undergrad opinions...whoopty doo.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30309 Oct 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
& I'll repeat what I said on this thread, too:
No wonder "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" fell for the toxic topix AGW deniers' lies. "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc for its poorly or non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
DEAD is the knowledge of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".
I'm glad "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" never learns.
go right ahead, son. I love it when obnoxious warmists prove their stupidity.
Give us more, you pathetic moron !!!
You only hurt the cause you support.....even though you're clueless about the subject matter.
I guess that makes you a mindless minion?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30311 Oct 29, 2013
Keystone is almost ready. Life is good. And so is the NA surplus.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30312 Oct 29, 2013
Stop the stupidity warmists flunkies!!
Everyone wants and needs fossil fuels.
Nobody cares what a bunch of unemployed beer do wells think.
Fight another battle!!
Yours has been lost for a long time.
You idiots don't even realize it!!!
Lol
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30313 Oct 29, 2013
Folks - See the denier posts? They are all emotional.

The thread says "global warming undeniable." This fact is not a mere feeling but truly established by long years of scientific work.

We have our work cut out for us. Just do it, folks.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30314 Oct 29, 2013
ratdownthemiddle wrote:
I'll repeat myself again.
I love it when toxic topix AGW deniers repeat they do NOT understand & believe climate scientists.

No wonder "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" fell for the toxic topix AGW deniers' lies. "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc for its poorly or non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

DEAD is the knowledge of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".

I'm glad "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" never learns.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#30315 Oct 29, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
Stop the stupidity warmists flunkies!!
Everyone wants and needs fossil fuels.
Nobody cares what a bunch of unemployed beer do wells think.
Fight another battle!!
Yours has been lost for a long time.
You idiots don't even realize it!!!
Lol
Science content = zero.

Thanks for illustrating for the 8734th time that your beef with the science is purely economic, political, and ideological.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#30317 Oct 30, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Undergrad opinions...whoopty doo.
And most climate scientists and environmental economists agree with the college kids that divestment in fossil fuels now would lower the risks of waiting too long for the Carbon-based energy markets to collapse under the weight of its own subsidy-controlled prices and lower than prognosticated profit margins . Top 10 Policies for a Steady-State Economy « Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy http://steadystate.org/top-10-policies-for-a-...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30318 Oct 30, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> And most climate scientists and environmental economists agree with the college kids that divestment in fossil fuels now would lower the risks of waiting too long for the Carbon-based energy markets to collapse under the weight of its own subsidy-controlled prices and lower than prognosticated profit margins . Top 10 Policies for a Steady-State Economy « Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy http://steadystate.org/top-10-policies-for-a-...
"most climate scientists and environmental economists agree"

Most?

Let me guess... 97%.

Warmists love big government.

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen."
--Dennis Prager
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30319 Oct 30, 2013
motheaten wrote:
The smaller the gov't, the less response citizens have against multi-national coal, oil, energy businesses, who pay their upper floor upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers, hundreds of millions of dollars & pay low echelons of technologists, designers, engineers, blue-collars, secretaries, & min. wage earners as little as possible.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30320 Oct 30, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
loon
drinK the hivE

Anonymous Proxy

#30321 Oct 30, 2013
Boycott Oxygen - It Rust' Our Infrastructure...

http://www.humorlaugh.com/pictures/6_funny_pi...
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#30322 Oct 31, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
"most climate scientists and environmental economists agree"
Most?
Let me guess... 97%.
Warmists love big government.
--Dennis Prager
Science content = ZERO.

Politics substituted by anti-science denier.

Mothra has yet to ever post anything both relevant and substantive. He's just wasting electrons, making a fool of himself, and illustrating the nature of denial.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30323 Oct 31, 2013
Kyle wrote:
motheaten has yet to ever post anything both relevant and substantive.
I disagree with you, Kyle. motheaten posts many ideas that are relevant, substantive....... & wrong.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30324 Oct 31, 2013
motheaten muffed:
//////////
litesong wrote:
The smaller the gov't, the less response citizens have against multi-national coal, oil, energy businesses, who pay their upper floor upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers, hundreds of millions of dollars & pay low echelons of technologists, designers, engineers, blue-collars, secretaries, & min. wage earners as little as possible.
//////////
motheaten muffed:
loon
////////
litesong wrote:
Thank you for reminding me to include my preface:

.....the pure true & even loud tones of the Loon heard by many......
The smaller the gov't, the less response citizens have against multi-national coal, oil, energy businesses, who pay their upper floor, upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers, hundreds of millions of dollars & pay low echelons of technologists, designers, engineers, blue-collars, secretaries, & min. wage earners as little as possible.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30325 Oct 31, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>Science content = ZERO.
Politics substituted by anti-science denier.
Mothra has yet to ever post anything both relevant and substantive. He's just wasting electrons, making a fool of himself, and illustrating the nature of denial.
LOL

What a phony. Your buddy litesong posts mounds of gibberish but you don't lambast him for that.

I know, I know... he's a useful idiot for the 'cause', so he's tolerated.

Do run along and be a jackass elsewhere.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30326 Oct 31, 2013
motheaten wrote:
litesong posts mounds of gibberish.......
.....the pure true & even loud tones of the Loon heard by many......
The smaller the gov't, the less response citizens have against multi-national coal, oil, energy businesses, who pay their upper floor, upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers, hundreds of millions of dollars & pay low echelons of technologists, designers, engineers, blue-collars, secretaries, & min. wage earners as little as possible.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30327 Oct 31, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>.
loon
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30329 Oct 31, 2013
"With global warming you don't see a gradual warming from one year to the next. It's more like a staircase. You trot along with nothing much happening for 10 years and then suddenly you have a jump and things never go back to the previous level again."[Trenberth]

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas to all... 1 hr cantmakeitup 1
Mall of America Protest 1 hr cantmakeitup 31
The New York City Mayor 12 hr Bobert Ne Nero 7
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! 13 hr CNN Reporter 21
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 15 hr American_Sons 17
Benghazi-Gate OBAMA not allowing access to surv... (Mar '13) 18 hr LIbEralS 330
The Army's findings on Bergdahl NOT to be relea... 18 hr Icantbreathe 17
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web