Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Comments (Page 1,384)

Showing posts 27,661 - 27,680 of31,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
No Warming

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The only acts of desperation on this forum is the attempt to deflect away from climate reality, what is with the repetition ?
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

New Study: "2013 ranks as one of the least extreme U.S. weather years ever"– Many bad weather events at "historically low levels"

Tornadoes:'lowest total in several decades'

Number of wildfires:'On pace to be the lowest it has been in the past ten years'

Extreme Heat: The number of 100 degree days may 'turn out to be the lowest in about 100 years of records'

Hurricanes:'We are currently in the longest period (8 years) since the Civil War Era without a major hurricane strike in the US (i.e., category 3, 4 or 5)'( last major hurricane to strike the US was Hurricane Wilma in 2005)

http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/10/18/new-st...
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
[b]Another Libtard Global Warming Genius[/b]
-
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/02/10/too-goo...
You have some nerve, denier scum. You made a patently fallacious argument and have evaded dealing with it. Here's your choice- You can explain how CO2 increases because of warming render warming from CO2 increases "impossible" and maintain a tiny semblence of intellectual honesty. You can concede. You can illustrate my thesis, as others present have done many times before, that deniers are pathologically incapable of admitting to the failure of any argument.
heavy tune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

No Warming wrote:
The only acts of desperation on this forum is the attempt to deflect away from climate reality, what is with the repetition ?
gee wizz 'no warming', they have no clue. they only see the chance to collect a pee pot full of money slip away. the fairy tale will continue. will report more when I get my free taxpayers funding renewed. wish I could say more, but my current funding is almost running out.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
While your response is truly well thought out, no doubt thoroughly researched, and very "sciency", I will try and form a response. No one has ever argued that the earth has gone through a number of warming and cooling cycles over it's lifetime. And both warming and cooling in very recent years as well. But the fact remains that anyone who believes they have proven that mankind is the sole cause of, or a major contributor to, this phenomenon is ignoring 4.5 billion years of history. Thinking that a few decades of temperature monitoring is proof that mankind is the primary cause of changing climates is not science. It is quite obviously about the money, not the science or the environment or saving the race.
You may have noticed that Algore has become a very wealthy man thanks to his carbon credit scams and fear mongering movie, books, and lecture tours. In the process using up more energy that several small towns all by himself.
Your thoughts almost sound a little sciency, too, nearly reasonable for a moment, before we realize we are dealing with ANOTHER ONE WHO'S BEEN GORED!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation or catastrophic man made global warming.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation or catastrophic man made global warming.
LOL! What perfect timing to illustrate the universal denier trait:

"You can illustrate my thesis, as others present have done many times before, that deniers are pathologically incapable of admitting to the failure of any argument."
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

“A thing you often get in climate policy is people from the academic world who naively assume you need to know all the answers before you make a decision,”[Davd] Keith told the audience at the MIT geoengineering forum.“But the reality is, we make a decision by doing it, or by not doing it, every day.

“There’s no getting to certainty here.”

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

"And a lot of people don't understand what an environment is. They think it's just birds singing in trees. They don't understand that if you're in the inner city, then that's your environment and you need to be out and find out what's there. You'll find all sorts of amazing insects and spiders. That's what we're doing with our Roots and Shoots program. Go and find out about all the biodiversity in your city" Jane Goodall www.rootsandshoots.org
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
How many of the threatened sites have you seen? You know they will be very different soon.. enough.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>OK, ftard, tell us how the fact that CO2 increases caused by warming events with other causation makes warming caused by CO2 "impossible".
Small children can see that this is a nonsense argument, so may we assume that it's beyond your comprehension?
LMAO@U
Don't hold back or sugar coat, son. Let your opinions be known!!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

So many people confuse their opinions from facts. They often have the opinion that they're bright, too!! Lol
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
So many people confuse their opinions from facts. They often have the opinion that they're bright, too!! Lol
Those facts don't make you normal, LOl

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Those facts don't make you normal, LOl
your posts don't make you appear very bright either, son!
Lol
Especially when you claim Mann won a Nobel. Anybody with a brain knows that's not the case!!!
Lol
Only an idiot would claim that as fact.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>your posts don't make you appear very bright either, son!
Lol
Especially when you claim Mann won a Nobel. Anybody with a brain knows that's not the case!!!
Lol
Only an idiot would claim that as fact.
1. You are blind.

2. I'm NOT your family.

3. Professor Mann's prize(s) are NO argument between you and me but his case(s) must settle in the courts.

4. LOL

5. Yes, you are an idiot. Bhahaha
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
According to Emma Hammarlund these 2-billion-year-old fossils represent an early life form that experimented with evolving into some kind of multicellular lifeform, but did not succeed.

Carbon-containing microorganisms began to sink to the bottom of the oceans, where they created carbon-rich rocks. This allowed the carbon to be stored in the seabed instead of being released into the air, and thus less oxygen was needed to react with carbon. The result was that the concentrations of oxygen could be increased. The increased oxygen levels could now attack the rocks on land and in the process release nutrients such as phosphor and iron that ended up in the oceans as nutrients for microorganisms. This led to the formation of even more microorganisms that ended their lives on the ocean floor - and so the process could start again. After a while sediment stored carbon became released to the air again, and then there was a sudden need for a lot of oxygen to react with the released carbon. Such ups and downs in oxygen contents have always taken place on Earth. However, we shall not expect any dramatic fluctuations in the future, assures Emma Hammarlund. Today there is so much of the planet's carbon stored in underground rocks that cannot be released and react with oxygen. Only a gigantic disaster, for example if another planet crashed into Earth, could release this hard-bound carbon.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

No Warming wrote:
What is with your name?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

LIbEralS wrote:
New Study: "2013 ranks as one of the least extreme U.S. weather years ever"– Many bad weather events at "historically low levels"
Tornadoes:'lowest total in several decades'
Number of wildfires:'On pace to be the lowest it has been in the past ten years'
Extreme Heat: The number of 100 degree days may 'turn out to be the lowest in about 100 years of records'
Hurricanes:'We are currently in the longest period (8 years) since the Civil War Era without a major hurricane strike in the US (i.e., category 3, 4 or 5)'( last major hurricane to strike the US was Hurricane Wilma in 2005)
http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/10/18/new-st...
Wake up and smell the coffee.

Look up all over the globe, libless.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

middleofthedownwronggull y wrote:
They often have the opinion that they're bright, too!! Lol
It was good that you didn't waste your brightness on science or mathematics degrees or science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
How many of the threatened sites have you seen? You know they will be very different soon.. enough.
I just got back from the Maldives, ancient mountains that have been eroding for hundreds of millions of years. During all that time, reefs have grown around them, building atolls. I expect this will continue.

Don't panic, rising oceans, droughts, floods and other catastrophes won't be as bad if we adapt to climate change. Nobody has ever discovered a species that mitigates climate change and we don't have the technology to do it either. Else, we'd see experimental tests so we'd know how well it works and how much it costs.

Use common sense; don't buy a pig in a poke.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 27,661 - 27,680 of31,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Young Men of Color Need More Than Basketball an... 1 hr Purple Man 4
OBAMA: I'm Not Interested in Photo-Ops 1 hr LIbEralS 64
liberal war on women (Jul '13) 1 hr LIbEralS 75
Punch a liberal day 1 hr Purple Man 3
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr JOE NASTY 26,182
Drop one word....add one word game 10 hr marcus bachmann 64
Jerry Sandusky's son Redeemer talks of his bedt... 12 hr redeemer 12
•••
•••