Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
27,641 - 27,660 of 32,323 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Denialist Crank wrote:
Oil is natural! I'mmagonna go drink some!
rip

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>rip
Now if we can only "space" Mr. Blues over here.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when a denier tries to sound all sciency and presents stupid shite and glaring mistakes while doing so.
This moron is either so clueless as to think that climate scientists ignore solar activity or thinks you are.
As for some of his other arguments? He's simultaneously stating a fallacious argument from ignorance and proposing causations that are laughably improbable.
While your response is truly well thought out, no doubt thoroughly researched, and very "sciency", I will try and form a response. No one has ever argued that the earth has gone through a number of warming and cooling cycles over it's lifetime. And both warming and cooling in very recent years as well. But the fact remains that anyone who believes they have proven that mankind is the sole cause of, or a major contributor to, this phenomenon is ignoring 4.5 billion years of history. Thinking that a few decades of temperature monitoring is proof that mankind is the primary cause of changing climates is not science. It is quite obviously about the money, not the science or the environment or saving the race.
You may have noticed that Algore has become a very wealthy man thanks to his carbon credit scams and fear mongering movie, books, and lecture tours. In the process using up more energy that several small towns all by himself.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
While your response is truly well thought out, no doubt thoroughly researched, and very "sciency", I will try and form a response. No one has ever argued that the earth has gone through a number of warming and cooling cycles over it's lifetime. And both warming and cooling in very recent years as well. But the fact remains that anyone who believes they have proven that mankind is the sole cause of, or a major contributor to, this phenomenon is ignoring 4.5 billion years of history. Thinking that a few decades of temperature monitoring is proof that mankind is the primary cause of changing climates is not science. It is quite obviously about the money, not the science or the environment or saving the race.
You may have noticed that Algore has become a very wealthy man thanks to his carbon credit scams and fear mongering movie, books, and lecture tours. In the process using up more energy that several small towns all by himself.
cantmakeitup, you sure can't make it up. What you made up sucks!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
While your response is truly well thought out, no doubt thoroughly researched, and very "sciency"
It shows a little of your belief system to call it 'sciency' instead of recognizing it as science. Obviously you are a POOR judge of what is science and what is 'sciency'.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
I will try and form a response.
You do that. And you might try to RESEARCH it instead of forming a response from imaginary expertise.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has ever argued that the earth has gone through a number of warming and cooling cycles over it's lifetime.
What you miss (not being interested in science) is that EACH ONE of those warming and cooling periods had a REASON behind it. Science and the age of reason tells us this and we have yet to find a credible case of 'spontaneous miracles'.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
And both warming and cooling in very recent years as well.
And each of THOSE trends had a 'cause' we can determine. Mostly the 1880 to 1945 period was dominated by warming from the 200 year solar cycle, the 1945 to 1975 period was dominated by cooling from smog (sulphate aerosols) countering the GHG warming that had started, and the 1975 to 2013 period is characterized by strong warming from GHGs.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
But the fact remains that anyone who believes they have proven ..
1: Science provides a 'well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses. Proof is not defined for anything outside of mathematics. Unless you take my 'definition' that proof is a 'convincing and reasoned argument supported by fact, and capable of convincing people educated in the facts of the issue'. If you think about what people CALL proof, you will find it fits.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
that mankind is the sole cause of, or a major contributor to, this phenomenon is ignoring 4.5 billion years of history.
Nope. Science determined what caused THIS warming. It does not 'ignore' the rest of history but it cannot presume causation from something that happened a billion years ago. Please get a clue.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking that a few decades of temperature monitoring is proof that mankind is the primary cause of changing climates is not science.
Of course not. Just monitoring temperature tells us that the global surface is warming but not WHY. Their was decades of science before the scientist were satisfied that the AGW explanation was solid theory. And YOU are not a judge of science. The NAS is.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite obviously about the money, not the science or the environment or saving the race.
This tells me a lot about YOU. That you are 'all about money' and 'scams'. But it doesn't show ANYTHING about AGW science.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have noticed that Algore has become a very wealthy man thanks to his carbon credit scams and fear mongering movie, books, and lecture tours.
Again, irrelevant. Al Gore was rich long before AGW and money makes money. Nice of you to admit that he EARNED a lot of that will his talks and lectures. But the SCIENCE has no dependence on Al Gore. He merely talks about it.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
In the process using up more energy that several small towns all by himself.
Rich people do use more resources. That is capitalism. What is your beef? That you are poor? With so little reasoning skills and education in the sciences, you can hardly expect to be rich. Nor does the relative income matter as long as ALL levels of society share equally (in proportion) in the costs and benefits.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>"Yikes"Kyle you're just a want to be scientist and also a little brat boy that thinks nobody can deny his little dream world.
Or maybe you're a pizzed off Android that just thinks he has to control everybody.....lol
Or maybe you been taking to many of them testosterone pills.
Because you're one little mean boy,oh gee I just got it your a short guy.HAHAHAHA
Concession accepted! LMAO
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome to the thread, "Poly"!! You'll see a lot of warmist religious freaks here. When posed with actual observations and facts, they always play the 'condescend' card.
pssssst......no intellectual honesty either. Some even perpetuate lies that have been proven wrong time and again.(1)
(1) See Spaced Blues willful dishonest claims.
You're so predictable. You quote him stating a transparently fallacious argument that I just showed to he fallacious for the slow witted. You then belittle science and rationalists while ignoring and all but endorsing that argument. If you had any intellectual honesty, you would have corrected him and told him not to use fallacious arguments. After all, that damages the denial industry's cause.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>WARNING!!!!!! Facts are met with ad hominem diatribes on this thread.
Like that one about the black hole that surely is affecting our climate, right?(Snicker)
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Good post, Kyle!!! Just replace "denier" (which most of us aren't) with "warmist".....and you might be onto something, son!!!
OK, ftard, tell us how the fact that CO2 increases caused by warming events with other causation makes warming caused by CO2 "impossible".

Small children can see that this is a nonsense argument, so may we assume that it's beyond your comprehension?
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool story bro.
Everything you think you know is wrong.
http://www.seafriends.org.nz/issues/global/cl...
That's nice. Now explain how CO2 released by warming means warming caused by releasing CO2 is impossible. Just dyin' to see you diagram that logic
(face -> palm)
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're on the right track.....but I bet he puts the "T" ointment under his arms.
Got logic? Defend the indefensible or concede it. Or continue to tap dance and hand wave; it reveals the dishonesty of science deniers quote well.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe because their claims aren't rational when compared to actual observations?? You clowns keep insisting predictions precede reality!!! LOL
Are you always stuck in stupid, son?
We obviously know what you want to believe.....but christ, son.....how long does reality have to keep bytch slappin ya???
Nice rant. Makes your pathological inability to acknowledge your fellow nutter's laughable, fallacious argument more glaring. Thanks.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>WARNING!!! Telling "Kyle" he is wrong is inviting a verbal lashing from a poster with sociopathic issues.
It's about "Kyle". Wish he wasn't Kyle.....I think he's a woman with HPD. At least the behavior matches a couple crazy bytches I new a couple decades ago.
You do know that ad homs while refusing to acknowledge a patently stupid argument does nothing but hurt your credibility. Or would do so in theory if you had any.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
It's as challenging as boxing a quadriplegic sometimes.
Then diagramming your logic should be a trivial task.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
This will answer your objection:

&li st=PLBA5C7AFD2C4AD1DA&inde x=6

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

And this will give you something to think about if you still think climate change is no problem because it's happened before:

http://www.greenmanstudio.com/wardco2big.jpg
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

"Uncertainty in exactly how something happens does not translate into uncertainty that it is happening. There is no rational basis for denial of the reality, or the risks, of global warming."

-Mark Boslough
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
In the first place, you should learn to recognize sarcasm when you see it.
It is impossible to see 'sarcasm' in a post. Many will post the same thing but with full conviction. You have to SAY that it is sarcasm (for you). I suggest <sarcasm>text</sarcas m>
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
I was making fun of Kyles use of the term "sciency" and his "holier than thou" attitude and condescending posts.
I can recognize condescension and 'holier than thou' posts just from the text though. This one for example.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, you "agw" types are an angry bunch aren't you? Is it so hard to be rational without being insulting and demeaning?
You seem to be projecting. That is, the attitude comes from you. Text posting leaves out most 'emotion' and it Kyle called you an idiot, it was probably on the evidence. You might try to make more intelligent posts...
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Unable to even consider the possibility that there is more to climate changes than just human influences..
Total hogwash. No wonder he suggested that you get a clue. Human influence is only one part of climate change. The POINT is that it IS a part of climate change and the dominant one in AGW.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
you lash out at those who question in a condescending, self important fashion as if you are better than the "stupid" people who don't go along with your theories.
Those who don't go along with science theories (i.e fact) are worthy of some 'derisive comments'. It is hardly 'lashing out' to point it out to them.
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, you also believe people who did not vote for Obama are inherently racist?
Your 'guesses' are as stupid as the rest of your post. Sorry that you are not getting much 'respect' from me but then you haven't earned any respect here. Not with this type of post.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

[b]Another Libtard Global Warming Genius[/b]
-
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/02/10/too-goo...
litesong

Monroe, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

canscrewitup wrote:
Unable to even consider the possibility that there is more to climate changes than just human influences......
AGW science always considers the natural influences to climate. They calculate its effects far more accurately than toxic topix AGW deniers, who very rarely have science & mathematics degrees, & also rarely have science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc in their poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

Why you even say such a thing, obviously shows your political desperation to add something to these toxic topix AGW threads, since you have no science cred. However....... other toxic topix AGW deniers use the same thought, also showing their collapsed understanding of AGW. You toxic topix AGW deniers are so desperate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CISCO laying off to hire Illegals? 2 hr John gotti 3
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,226
Kluwe and Vikings settle out of court 3 hr Vikings are Sissies 2
Obamacare fades from GOP's 2014 campaign playbook 4 hr LIbEralS 3
GOP Biased Rasmussen Polls: Dayton, Franken Lea... 4 hr LIbEralS 3
Not What Jesus Said 14 hr Sangelia 2
McFadden says he could support gas tax increase... 16 hr DFL Sweep in 2014 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000