Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35524 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30069 Oct 12, 2013
The Prize

The dirty dealings that went on at the beginning of oil addiction are no better than the ones that go on now.

From Rockefeller to Ahmadinejad, oil has been an aphrodisiac. It smelled like money.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30070 Oct 12, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bit one sided. The land (47% of Palestine) was granted to them as a homeland for reparations of the Holocaust. Maybe a bit 'post facto' but still legal. The Palestinians backed the wrong horse.
But of course, I cannot defend the naked land grab that has gone on since. They 'took' 78%, exceeding the land grant by a wide margin. They currently 'control' 100% and they continue to expand settlements on 'occupied' territories that violates the Geneva Convention and is totally ILLEGAL in international law. And they continue to violate Palestinian rights with impugnity and some disdain. I value the Jewish friends I have, but the current STATE of Israel is nothing I can approve of.
They learned well from their Nazi overlords.

We have some kind of high moral ground by defending a country that has no oil, but only by a bunch of scrolls 2000 years old. The evangelists keep us connected.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Brad

Bolton, CT

#30071 Oct 13, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thinking Friedman is a moonbat only supports the idea that you must be one.
The subject is the present, not 10 centuries back.
You should try reading him before letting your dogma do the thinking for you.
Leftism eventually poisons everything it influences,including ones character,and Friedman is no exception.

Bad things done by people with pure intentions doesn't make the cruel acts any better.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30073 Oct 13, 2013
Rightism eventually poisons everything it influences,including one's character,and you are certainly no exception.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, or conversely, denier lies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#30074 Oct 13, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Rightism eventually poisons everything it influences,including one's character,and you are certainly no exception.
I notice that it also induces toxic personalities that like to spit on others as a way to bolster their own weak egos. And the extreme right winger doesn't want to pay for the bread and circuses he orders.

The right winger wants military adventurism, public money and world domination as HIS 'bread and circuses' while the left winger wants 'family values'(i.e parks, income security, health care, etc) as his.
gcaveman1 wrote:
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, or conversely, denier lies.
But most right wingers are motivated by self interest and arrogance. Some call themselves right wingers when they have a heart but that is almost sure to get them kicked out of the 'ring wingers club' eventually.

That said, it is a 'truism' that left wingers have no brain and right wingers have no heart. But for MOST people the labels are false. MOST people are between the right and left and only the 'extremism' of a bipartisan system creates the division.

MOST people want good government that doesn't cost too much. And anyone that hasn't inherited resources or 'friends with money' wants some sort of 'safety net' for the bad times, either through their own gambles or flaws, or from larger issues such as recessions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sinic

United States

#30075 Oct 13, 2013
Cut costs and greenhouse gas emissions:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

Seems someone is doing more than talking.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#30076 Oct 13, 2013
sinic wrote:
Cut costs and greenhouse gas emissions:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...
Seems someone is doing more than talking.
I love it! Fossil fuel. Natural gas is clean, when burned it produces water vapor and CO2, natural greenhouse gas. It's hard to store, fill and move, but it works great for launch vehicles.

What's not to love about global warming?

P.S. Just back from Maldives; the diving is unbelievable. The reefs are fantastic. The fish are like an animal garden. The resort pumped waste onto the shelf of the reef, so the current would carry it along the island's atoll. They are trying to encourage growth.

I want to encourage the growth of fuel and energy production and use. I oppose climate treaties, regulations or agreements.

We've got their names; John McCain's signed climate accords.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#30077 Oct 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I love it! Fossil fuel. Natural gas is clean, when burned it produces water vapor and CO2, natural greenhouse gas. It's hard to store, fill and move, but it works great for launch vehicles.
P.S. Just back from Maldives; the diving is unbelievable. The reefs are fantastic. The fish are like an animal garden. The resort pumped waste onto the shelf of the reef, so the current would carry it along the island's atoll. They are trying to encourage growth.
I want to encourage the growth of fuel and energy production and use. I oppose climate treaties, regulations or agreements.
You are dead wrong.. This is from The Seattle Times:

Waters welling up from the deep along the coast during certain wind events are naturally rich in carbon dioxide and bring that CO2-rich water right to the surface. That CO2 reduces the availability of certain chemicals in the marine water that young oysters draw upon to form their shells.

“This has been known for a long time and been thoroughly published and vetted in the published scientific literature for a couple of decades,” said Hales.

Under normal conditions, Pacific oysters, a nonnative species here, do OK, but live right at the edge of their tolerance.

But just a little extra CO2 can push larval oysters over a threshold so that they have trouble making shells. This, too,“has been covered extensively in the recent scientific literature and the cause of the sensitivity is known,” Hales said.

These changes in ocean CO2 were the leading cause of death for billions of larval oysters at Whiskey Creek, a major shellfish hatchery along the Oregon coast that supplies young oysters to many of the shellfish growers in Washington. Scientists know this through their own research. Even more telling, Hales said, is that when hatchery workers found ways to reduce the CO2, oysters stopped dying.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30078 Oct 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I love it! Fossil fuel. Natural gas is clean, when burned it produces water vapor and CO2, natural greenhouse gas. It's hard to store, fill and move, but it works great for launch vehicles.
You're an idiot. I'm not. This is where we differ.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#30079 Oct 14, 2013
Why not ask the waitress for an order of Pacific oysters on the half shell, and check them out for yourself?

http://www.pikeplacefish.com/buy/crab-and-she...

http://www.ilovebluesea.com/sustainable-seafo...
litesong

Everett, WA

#30080 Oct 14, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]Why not ask the waitress for an order of Pacific oysters on the half shell, and check them out for yourself?[/QUOTE]

While you infer restaurant prices, you show a present market price for oysters of over a dollar per oyster. Your inference is a sidewinder lie.

History catches you in another lie, since Seattle oysters were selling for $.50 per, back in 2006...... at restaurants. Yeah...... ocean seafood prices are going up rapidly.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30081 Oct 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are dead wrong.. This is from The Seattle Times:
Waters welling up from the deep along the coast during certain wind events are naturally rich in carbon dioxide and bring that CO2-rich water right to the surface. That CO2 reduces the availability of certain chemicals in the marine water that young oysters draw upon to form their shells.
“This has been known for a long time and been thoroughly published and vetted in the published scientific literature for a couple of decades,” said Hales.
Under normal conditions, Pacific oysters, a nonnative species here, do OK, but live right at the edge of their tolerance.
But just a little extra CO2 can push larval oysters over a threshold so that they have trouble making shells. This, too,“has been covered extensively in the recent scientific literature and the cause of the sensitivity is known,” Hales said.
These changes in ocean CO2 were the leading cause of death for billions of larval oysters at Whiskey Creek, a major shellfish hatchery along the Oregon coast that supplies young oysters to many of the shellfish growers in Washington. Scientists know this through their own research. Even more telling, Hales said, is that when hatchery workers found ways to reduce the CO2, oysters stopped dying.
I guess since your source was the Seattle Times, the proper rebuttal was a seafood ad.

But even if you had used Scripps or NOAA, you might still have gotten a tourism brochure from the Maldives in response.

A little to a lot of science from our side, lies and advertisements from the other.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30082 Oct 14, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text> The only reason I see for you posting this is an insanely lame attempt to justify your BS claims. Are we supposed to read a list of ideas that were replaced by better ones when better evidence was found and conclude that any dumbass mistake you've made is destined to become "fact"?
Holy crap, you are the poster boy for anti-science, anti-reality RW jittery.
"LMAO"Hooked me a Kyle cry baby HAHA....
I didn't read any of that B.S. on them sites Kyle baby.
I just Google science fact and picked a couple sites out to see if I could hook a few SUCKERS and see what kind of name calling I could get out of you cry baby's........
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013...
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30083 Oct 14, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
He (Sunny) didn't pay attention in Science or History class either.
Sunny, in spite of his name, may not be too bright.
You're right, though. It's more likely he heard of the Night of the Long Knives than the Munich rebellion.
Oh no you don't caveman....
It's a fact that Hitler was a Global warms just like you..
It's a fact that he had the little Bug made to help keep people from using to much fuel and saving the people from Global Warming right.lol
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30084 Oct 14, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bit one sided. The land (47% of Palestine) was granted to them as a homeland for reparations of the Holocaust. Maybe a bit 'post facto' but still legal. The Palestinians backed the wrong horse.
But of course, I cannot defend the naked land grab that has gone on since. They 'took' 78%, exceeding the land grant by a wide margin. They currently 'control' 100% and they continue to expand settlements on 'occupied' territories that violates the Geneva Convention and is totally ILLEGAL in international law. And they continue to violate Palestinian rights with impugnity and some disdain. I value the Jewish friends I have, but the current STATE of Israel is nothing I can approve of.
Hey Canuck Loonie just butt out after all you are like a little Brother in the shadow of big brother.
Big Brother has been protecting you little brother for 60 years from the evils of the world an you little brother haven't had to help out with the cost of that protection.lmao
Maybe its time to pay up if ya know what I mean little buddy.
I'm thinking 10% of your gross earning for 60 year would be just fine.heheheheehe
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30086 Oct 14, 2013
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30087 Oct 14, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're just shouting "look over there!" to distract from errors to which you're incapable of admitting - which is universal denier behavior.
http://www.squidoo.com/theIdio tAlGore
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30090 Oct 14, 2013
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30091 Oct 14, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30092 Oct 14, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump does it again 6 min But Hay 16
knock fovr out 2 hr space ace 3
News Authorities Identify Suspect In Pine City Playg... 6 hr anarchist 4
more syrians 8 hr anarchist 5
BLM lies on a 0-4 losing streak Tue anarchist 14
dead boys Tue anarchist 3
News Minneapolis Pride Parade fills streets with rai... (Jun '15) Mon Geezer Heimers 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages