Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35607 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#29877 Sep 30, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you delusional? Never mind..
you didn't think people would allow this UN nonsense to go on forever, did ya? Time for the adults to break up the treehouse party you kids have been having!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29878 Sep 30, 2013
Comparisons of modern America to Nazi Germany are a sign of ignorance.

First, there's the 70+ years of global change.
Then there's the difference in the systems of governance.
Then the demographic diversity of the USA.
The goals and strengths of industrial and commercial America.
And the history and philosophy of the flawed but striving constitutional democracy.

There is no valid comparison.

Now a closer analogy to the Nazi Party would be the Republicant Party, though the American Nazi Party promotes various philosophies of both parties.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29879 Sep 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
First, there's the 70+ years of global change.
Then there's the difference in the systems of governance.
Then the demographic diversity of the USA.
The goals and strengths of industrial and commercial America.
And the history and philosophy of the flawed but striving constitutional democracy.
There is no valid comparison.
Now a closer analogy to the Nazi Party would be the Republicant Party, though the American Nazi Party promotes various philosophies of both parties.
seems like you hate a lot of Americans, son!! Is that why you support an organization backed by the anti American UN?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#29880 Sep 30, 2013
middleofthedownwronggully wrote:
seems like you hate a lot of Americans
Lots of hate groups in America to hate, even the hate groups you love.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anonymous

Alexandria, UK

#29882 Sep 30, 2013
I think this global warming issue is just a way of bringing in more money by creating taxes. I live in the UK we have quite a few very busy mototways and i have never seen any dead trees or bare patches of ground at the side of them. In fact the highways department are forever cutting the vergers at the side of these busy roads. Just a question. We breath out carbon dioxide that plants need and they give us oxygen. If there is global warming which living in the Uk i haven't experieced yet, might it be caused by something else eg volcanoes, solar flares change in the earths axis. If you go back 3 to 4000 years they had draughts that lasted for years in some places. Extreme weather is nothing new. Expect more its nothing to go with global warming its what must happen extreme weather more earthquakes and wars and pretty soon ww3. Mans wickedness must soon come to an end.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29884 Sep 30, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of hate groups in America to hate, even the hate groups you love.
what groups do i love, son? you pretend to know so much.....let's see just how much you actually do, hmmmmmm?

LOL

you're so easy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29885 Sep 30, 2013
chris6868 wrote:
I think this global warming issue is just a way of bringing in more money by creating taxes. I live in the UK we have quite a few very busy mototways and i have never seen any dead trees or bare patches of ground at the side of them. In fact the highways department are forever cutting the vergers at the side of these busy roads. Just a question. We breath out carbon dioxide that plants need and they give us oxygen. If there is global warming which living in the Uk i haven't experieced yet, might it be caused by something else eg volcanoes, solar flares change in the earths axis. If you go back 3 to 4000 years they had draughts that lasted for years in some places. Extreme weather is nothing new. Expect more its nothing to go with global warming its what must happen extreme weather more earthquakes and wars and pretty soon ww3. Mans wickedness must soon come to an end.
exactly! climate change is nothing more than added taxation with no benefit....and wealth redistribution.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#29888 Sep 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Sorry to disagree but the politics in America and the social decay (led by the Republicans) is a sign of exactly the same forces that radicalized Germany in the 1930's.

And the fascists of America supplied at least half the technology and war materials of the Third Reich. Now, they want to do it for themselves (the war mongering of the US as 'global policeman' is not so different).

http://tinyurl.com/c7xv3wl

Fascism sneaks up on you with simple changed for 'efficiency' such as no enforcement of monopoly laws, making mega-corporations to 'compete internationally', the lobbyist groups (corporate influence in politics, as Mussolini once noted, Fascism is the merger of corporate and political interests). etc.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#29889 Sep 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
A sure sign of avoidance of classes ignorant people can't pass, are a lack of science & mathematics degrees, & science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in their poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29890 Sep 30, 2013
denier liar wrote:
Got that stock pick, yet ???
Busy on your nose, huh ???
LMAOROTFU!
When you become a man, let me know, I don't pick on children.
LMAOROTFU~!
only children hide behind multiple monikers, child!!

LOL

btw......what price did you add to that IMRR position...or whatever that cheap little stock was???

poor little cricket....always chirping yet no one really notices.

could it be because you're a boring idiot?

needy too!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29891 Sep 30, 2013
bushwhacked....litesong.....to oth??....deniar liar.....yada yada yada.

what a morbidly inane fuque you are!

LOL

and a lousy paper trader, too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29892 Sep 30, 2013
where is spaced blues today??? does it take a day off to repent for all the lies?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29893 Sep 30, 2013
he IPCC is a corrupt arm of the more corrupt UN.

what else can anyone say.

they don't even do research....and their boss is a washed up train engineer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29894 Sep 30, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
A sure sign of avoidance of classes ignorant people can't pass, are a lack of science & mathematics degrees, & science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in their poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
blame it on the public school system. i don't know why dumbazz democrats fight for that self serving teachers union.

glad i went to a private school and so did my kids. life is easier when you have democrat dumbed down UN lovin food stamp taking idiots to compete against...no offense, litesong!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#29895 Sep 30, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>after you, son! still waiting on your evidence that the oklahoma tornado was caused by man made co2 emissions, mullet.
LOL
you are smart enough to back up your 'scientific' claims, huh?
The difference here is that I NEVER MADE THAT CLAIM! You know this. I've told you multiple times before. I challenged you to show where I did. You couldn't.

So STFU or support your claim - now - you lying bag of excrement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#29896 Sep 30, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i.m certain of climate change, too, son. the role of man made co2 causing said change......uh, don't think so.
Oh, I'm convinced now. Wingnut says it's so; how can you argue with that?

The bare assertion - the lowest of all fallacies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#29897 Sep 30, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>their predictions went in the other direction of their certainty. what a 'pickle' for the ipcc to be in. drink some more 'brine', son!
That's the willfully ignorant interpretation. the rational interpretation is the one I just gave. The one that you failed to acknowledge in any way.(shocker)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#29898 Sep 30, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.
a concession make you feel more 'right', son? is that why you almost beg for them? sorry i can't accommodate you on that, but feel free to keep demanding that you received them....if it makes you feel better, sport!
actually the best way to the truth is to conduct unbiased science and stop determining causes that aren't known, understood, and all natural variabilities are included in the models.
maybe you'll understand someday.
Hear ye; hear ye! The denier scum evades and lies again.

As a reminder of what you so desperately and dishonestly refuse to acknowledge:

1) The analogy I gave was that of an oven in which the flame remains the same but the insulation is increased. The inside of the oven gets warmer as the outside gets cooler.

2) I don't recall what scientific source I cited because there are so many to choose from.

3) You had just posted a link to a video of Freeman Dyson in which he made reference to the cooling of the stratosphere being a clear signal of GHE warming.

So yes, your evasions are de facto concessions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#29899 Sep 30, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>real observations coupled with the reality of climate change before man made emissions came along were pretty much the same as present day. that's evidence enough for rational thinking people who view science with a scientific mind.
BIG LIES!

Reality - "Climate changed before" is no argument at all.

Reality - Previous climate changes were entirely different than today.

Reality - CO2 is increasing 100+ times faster than at any time in the 740,000 yr ice core record.

Reality - We've returned to the atmosphere in decades the C that took millions of years to sequester. No geological event has ever come close to replicating this.

You're very good at just saying shite irrespective of the truth or any evidence. Keep it up. You're denialism and deceit are our best argument for the non-scientific.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#29900 Sep 30, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>All we have to do caveman is replace Denialist idiots with Jewish idiots,an we may say caveman's mentality is like radical Nazism.
So f'n what, nitwit? All you have to do is replace BS with dollars and you'd be a billionaire.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro 10 hr Trump worst presi... 55
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING Mon LIbEralS 17
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Sun texas pete 628
Get Over It! Sat Evil Roy Slade 10
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 1 Georgia 1
News Cops To Drunk Drivers: We'll Make You Listen To... Nov 30 Ferrerman 20
Trump Won The Popular Vote Nov 29 Obamas comments 3

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance