Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37108 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#29849 Sep 29, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But note this, from Popular Science:
Comments can be bad for science. That's why, here at PopularScience.com , we're shutting them off.
It wasn't a decision we made lightly. As the news arm of a 141-year-old science and technology magazine, we are as committed to fostering lively, intellectual debate as we are to spreading the word of science far and wide. The problem is when trolls and spambots overwhelm the former, diminishing our ability to do the latter.
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-09...
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><><>
It's the falseness of being fair to people who believe that there is no cancer/tobacco link or no evidence for evolution. The fringe, in other words. Why give them power that they wouldn't normally have?
Just something to think about.
They cut off all comments to actual science. These forums present a mix of science and denialism and the deniers will comment on both whether we do or not. Apples and oranges.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#29850 Sep 29, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>probably because you choose erroneous climate model predictions over actual observations? maybe you're not as 'bright' as you pretend to be?
Denier scum repeats implications that climate science is only models and that there is no data. Denier scum does so immediately after the gambit was exposed - again. Denier scum also refuses to acknowledge or address any recent rebuttals. Denier scum earns its name - again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#29851 Sep 29, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Desperate much, ya nitwit? BTW, still waiting for evidence of an 8,000 meter wind turbine blade toss.
after you, son! still waiting on your evidence that the oklahoma tornado was caused by man made co2 emissions, mullet.

LOL

you are smart enough to back up your 'scientific' claims, huh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29852 Sep 29, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Scientists are as certain that climate change is real as they are that cigarettes cause cancer.
There is no debate about that.
i.m certain of climate change, too, son. the role of man made co2 causing said change......uh, don't think so.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#29853 Sep 29, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>warming causes cooling. exactly! you have nothing to fear. rest well at night, son.
Not only does it, I explained how with an analogy that even a dolt like yourself can understand AND I backed it up with science AND I pointed out that a scientist in a link that you provided made reference to it.

Thanks again for both a transparent concession AND (of course) another in your endless string of examples of denier scum displaying maximum dishonesty. Like I keep saying - the best way to get the truth across to scientific illiterates is to keep the deniers commenting and then pointing out that they lie like a rug.

Thanks for playing, loser.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29854 Sep 29, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>Denier scum repeats implications that climate science is only models and that there is no data. Denier scum does so immediately after the gambit was exposed - again. Denier scum also refuses to acknowledge or address any recent rebuttals. Denier scum earns its name - again.
their predictions went in the other direction of their certainty. what a 'pickle' for the ipcc to be in. drink some more 'brine', son!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29855 Sep 29, 2013
Deniers are serial de facto concessors ..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29856 Sep 29, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>Not only does it, I explained how with an analogy that even a dolt like yourself can understand AND I backed it up with science AND I pointed out that a scientist in a link that you provided made reference to it.
Thanks again for both a transparent concession AND (of course) another in your endless string of examples of denier scum displaying maximum dishonesty. Like I keep saying - the best way to get the truth across to scientific illiterates is to keep the deniers commenting and then pointing out that they lie like a rug.
Thanks for playing, loser.
LOL.

a concession make you feel more 'right', son? is that why you almost beg for them? sorry i can't accommodate you on that, but feel free to keep demanding that you received them....if it makes you feel better, sport!

actually the best way to the truth is to conduct unbiased science and stop determining causes that aren't known, understood, and all natural variabilities are included in the models.

maybe you'll understand someday.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29857 Sep 29, 2013
It's so hard to keep arguing with nothing to back you up, isn't it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29858 Sep 29, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
It's so hard to keep arguing with nothing to back you up, isn't it?
real observations coupled with the reality of climate change before man made emissions came along were pretty much the same as present day. that's evidence enough for rational thinking people who view science with a scientific mind.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29859 Sep 29, 2013
Reuters)- A large freighter completed a voyage through the hazardous Arctic Northwest Passage for the first time this week, showing the potential for cutting shipment times and costs as global warming opens new routes.

The 75,000 deadweight-ton Nordic Orion, built in 2011 by a Japanese shipyard, left the Canadian Pacific port of Vancouver in early September and is scheduled to arrive in the Finnish port of Pori on October 7, according to AIS shipping data.

The ship will deliver coking coal from Canadian miner Teck Resources to Ruukki Metals, a Finnish steel producer.

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>

The irony burns.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#29860 Sep 29, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Blenders are killers:[]

Toy helicopters are killers:[]

Lawnmowers are killers:[]
Sure, industrial meat grinders are dangerous, so are toy helicopters:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/egypt-extends-detent...

By Hadeel Al Shalchi
CAIRO (Reuters)- Egypt's army-backed authorities have extended the detention of two Canadians held without charge since political clashes in mid-August as officials investigate a small remote control aeroplane and other items found in the pair's hotel room....
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29862 Sep 30, 2013
I wasn't addressing my statement, "It's so hard to keep arguing with nothing to back you up, isn't it?" to anyone in particular, but one sucker felt it applied to him because he knows he has nothing to back up his denial.

Even a fish wouldn't get in trouble if it kept its mouth shut.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29863 Sep 30, 2013
An ignorant statement like solar panels being killers is just the desperate straw-grabbing so typical of deniers who don't have a REAL argument.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#29866 Sep 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
I wasn't addressing my statement, "It's so hard to keep arguing with nothing to back you up, isn't it?"
It is hard to understand what the detention without charges of two Canadians in Egypt has to do with model helicopters. Do you think he is just cutting and pasting anything to distract from the debate? OR to fill in the silence of his lack of rebuttal?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#29867 Sep 30, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Kyle all we have to do is replace Denier scum with Jew scum an guess what Nazi mentality OMG.
Nice try, but denialists deserve the opprobrium. Jews didn't (that I am aware of). Oh, and 'Godwins Law'. You lose (again).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29870 Sep 30, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, but denialists deserve the opprobrium. Jews didn't (that I am aware of). Oh, and 'Godwins Law'. You lose (again).
Please do not ask me what denialists think. I don't know if they think, and if they do, I can't imagine the process.

I also invoke Godwin's law; the denialist has conceded that he has no argument.

The only connection that might possibly exist between present-day denialists and 20th Century European Jewry is that of minority persecution. But as you said, theirs is deserved.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

United States

#29871 Sep 30, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>So Lindzen distorts and deceives. What's new?
The actual Takeaway is that the heat budget as understood by climate science is correct. Climate scientists are the ones who said that the numbers were showing a discrepancy. Climate scientists did more science. Climate scientists found the source of the discrepancy. The energy budget is upheld, therefore the warming continues as predicted. In fact, since science has found no reason to believe that the oceanic phenomenon found to be at work will not revert to the mean, we can expect the warming rate to accelerate greatly when it does.
BTW, the heating of deep water is not some guess; it's solid science based on data. Lindzen knows all of this so all your comment proves is that Lindzen is an anti-science propaganda tool.
More deniers are joining b-gone and Lindzen.

Once out..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29872 Sep 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
An ignorant statement like solar panels being killers is just the desperate straw-grabbing so typical of deniers who don't have a REAL argument.
sounds as crazy to you as man made carbon emissions being the cause of sandy and Colorado floods does to me, son?

Lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#29876 Sep 30, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>people are waking up to the politically driven pseudoscientific bullshyt the IPCC hustles. Are you skeert?
Are you delusional? Never mind..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Affirmative Action/Somalis 15 min Rattlesnake Pete 18
Liberals are trying to destroy america 5 hr Space ace 1
News APNewsBreak: US restoring asset seizures - with... 6 hr Fit2Serve 13
News US restoring asset seizures - with safeguards 11 hr lol 7
Teach our kids to hate them 12 hr Space ace 1
News Australian 'healer' mourned after shooting by M... 12 hr Davycrockett 24
Trumps art of the deal. Haha 15 hr Davycrockett 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance