Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#29813 Sep 28, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
Models of misinformation -- climate reports melt under scrutiny:
A last-ditch effort to refute climate “skeptics”—people unconvinced that we need to spend trillions to reshape our economies to halt or slow “climate change”-- has failed.
Last week, the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) published a study by 13 prestigious atmospheric scientists that supposedly provides “clear evidence for a discernible human influence on the thermal structure of the atmosphere.”
The NAS researchers pointedly echo the famous declaration by the United Nation-sponsored Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC, that the “balance of evidence suggests a discernible human influence on global climate.” With this new study, the authors claim to clinch the case. The IPCC, we’re supposed to believe, has been right all along.
With the IPCC now issuing the first segment of its latest mammoth study on the same topic, readers should take the NAS pronouncement with a large grain of salt—and the IPCC report too. This is an attempt to change the subject and ignore the elephant in the room: the crisis in “consensus” climate science arising from the growing mismatch between model-predicted warming and observed warming.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/26/don...
Yawn. Infinitely refuted denier BS. Got anything new?
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#29814 Sep 28, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Geez just checking to see if my little green mars man is still a goot spell checker.
And admitting that you can't follow a comment that any functionally literate, English-speaking adult should be able to understand. The only question is whether you're functionally illiterate, new to the English language, 10 yrs old, retarded, or pretending to be because deniers never engage honestly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#29815 Sep 28, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
The best analysis I can find is at http://tinyurl.com/mhm9o6k which documents normal failure 'throw' less than 50 meters. High winds have been documented to cause a throw of up to 100 meters. Of less convincing documentation is the 'caithness' report which claims a blade *fragment* thrown 1300 meters. I have no idea how that would work and the physics doesn't seem to add up unless it is a very dense part of the blade (anchor bolts?) that was propelled by an unusual 'slingshot' action on failure. Hard to accept and if it DID happen (not certain) it would be a very improbable event.
Agreed - highly improbable to throw a blade fragment 1300 meters, though I'm not going to take the time to do the math. That said, it may have happened once or twice. I've seen video of a runaway failure in high winds. I'll assume that at least several feet of blade tip would go supersonic, so a tip piece might launch at 750 - 800mph. If its departure angle was ~45 degrees, the blade was 150' long on a 250' tower, and maybe if there's a tuned mass damper in the tip for added mass, then just MAYBE ...

However, I don't have to do any math to know that the 8 kilometers claim is an example of denier scum reflexively lying. Do you think the semipro liar will even attempt to support his claim?
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29816 Sep 28, 2013
The Atlantic:

The polar icecaps are melting faster than we thought they would; seas are rising faster than we thought they would; extreme weather events are increasing. Have a nice day! That’s a less than scientifically rigorous summary of the findings of the Fifth Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report released this morning in Stockholm.

Appearing exhausted after a nearly two sleepless days fine-tuning the language of the report, co-chair Thomas Stocker called climate change “the greatest challenge of our time," adding that “each of the last three decades has been successively warmer than the past,” and that this trend is likely to continue into the foreseeable future.

Pledging further action to cut carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said, "This isn’t a run of the mill report to be dumped in a filing cabinet. This isn’t a political document produced by politicians... It’s science."

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>

I continue to be astounded by the stupidity of some deniers here.

Complimented by the deniers who, for reasons of obstinate ideology or money in the mailbox, deny the truth that they know very well.

Who warn of Nazis, and worldwide conspiracies, and communist takeovers, and Bilderburgs...who are as great a threat to their own children and grandchildren as climate change itself.

You should be ashamed.

You should be ashamed, either because of your ignorance or because of your deceit.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29817 Sep 28, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>As I clearly stated, you posted nothing worthy of a response. That hasn't changed. Work on your comprehension skills.
I'm in favor of not replying to them at all. Why give them legitimacy?

Instead, leave them out of the conversation and let's talk to each other about how stupid their particular statement is.

At least when we "warmists" talk to each other we don't have to imagine punctuation and mentally correct the bad grammar, along with the bad science and the no science..
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#29819 Sep 28, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in favor of not replying to them at all. Why give them legitimacy?
Instead, leave them out of the conversation and let's talk to each other about how stupid their particular statement is.
At least when we "warmists" talk to each other we don't have to imagine punctuation and mentally correct the bad grammar, along with the bad science and the no science..
It's tempting, but to the extent that we have the time, we should continue to reveal their ignorance and/or deceit whenever possible. As incredible as it may seem to rational people, if left unchallenged, there are people so lacking in critical thinking skills that they're swayed by - even impressed by - the obvious idiocy that they spout.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#29820 Sep 28, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle, Kyle
the well known pedophyle
and BJ queen.
Ah yes, denier science. Impressive.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

#29821 Sep 28, 2013
When I see palm trees growing in my back yard here in Philadelphia, I'll accept global warming. Until then it is so much hogwash.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#29822 Sep 28, 2013
Rambeaux wrote:
When I see palm trees growing in my back yard here in Philadelphia, I'll accept global warming. Until then it is so much hogwash.
Correction:

"Until then, a moron called Rambeaux thinks - or claims to think - that it's hogwash."

Reality deniers of all stripes share your problem; they confuse what they want to believe with reality. Rational people grow out of that phase at ~ the age of four.

You could have gone a little further and repeated what a raving teabagger told me to my face - "I'll never accept AGW." At least he was honest enough to admit to being impervious to evidence.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29823 Sep 29, 2013
GW is the problem wrote:
<quoted text>So, your point is flaws exist in products ???
yes. and flaws exist in climate change theory. flaws exist in the thought process of alarmists, too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29824 Sep 29, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>As I clearly stated, you posted nothing worthy of a response. That hasn't changed. Work on your comprehension skills.
is that what you did, son, make another statement based on your loony opinions?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29825 Sep 29, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm so ignorant about climate science, then why did I know that the GHE warming causes stratospheric cooling, whereas you incorrectly "corrected" me.(And refused to acknowledge your error multiple times)
If I'm so ignorant about climate science, then why did I know that the three other patterns in the warming are slam dunk evidence that the warming is GHE warming, whereas you've refused to even acknowledge the entire subject many times (except for the aforementioned f'up)?
warming causes cooling. exactly! you have nothing to fear. rest well at night, son.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29826 Sep 29, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in favor of not replying to them at all.
LOL

I've never seen a cogent reply from you, son.

LOL

Who are you kidding, mullet?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29827 Sep 29, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm so ignorant about climate science, then why?
probably because you choose erroneous climate model predictions over actual observations? maybe you're not as 'bright' as you pretend to be?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29829 Sep 29, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>It's tempting, but to the extent that we have the time, we should continue to reveal their ignorance and/or deceit whenever possible. As incredible as it may seem to rational people, if left unchallenged, there are people so lacking in critical thinking skills that they're swayed by - even impressed by - the obvious idiocy that they spout.
But note this, from Popular Science:

Comments can be bad for science. That's why, here at PopularScience.com , we're shutting them off.

It wasn't a decision we made lightly. As the news arm of a 141-year-old science and technology magazine, we are as committed to fostering lively, intellectual debate as we are to spreading the word of science far and wide. The problem is when trolls and spambots overwhelm the former, diminishing our ability to do the latter.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-09...

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><><>

It's the falseness of being fair to people who believe that there is no cancer/tobacco link or no evidence for evolution. The fringe, in other words. Why give them power that they wouldn't normally have?

Just something to think about.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29830 Sep 29, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
I've never seen a cogent reply from you, son.
LOL
Who are you kidding, mullet?
Yes, right, and the pinnacle of your intellectual ability is posting LOL.

lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29831 Sep 29, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>It's tempting, but to the extent that we have the time, we should continue to reveal their ignorance and/or deceit whenever possible. As incredible as it may seem to rational people, if left unchallenged, there are people so lacking in critical thinking skills that they're swayed by - even impressed by - the obvious idiocy that they spout.
See, this is what you get after you make a valid scientific response.

Kyle, Kyle
the well known pedophyle
and BJ queen.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29832 Sep 29, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the falseness of being fair to people who believe that there is no cancer/tobacco link or no evidence for evolution. The fringe, in other words. Why give them power that they wouldn't normally have?
Just something to think about.
It is an existential statement that the greenhouse effect is 100 percent.

Whereas some tobacco smokers might not end up getting cancer. This is an impossible guessing game. However, we have come to exist on this planet due to the naturally ocurring greenhouse effect. Now the artificial portion is a growing malady.. Something that started with the fossil fuel burning in industrialization era.

<as you know>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29833 Sep 29, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, right, and the pinnacle of your intellectual ability is posting LOL.
lol
I thought you were in favor of not replying at all, toots?
Oh well, you never back up your crazy claims anyway. I should've known!

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ASA GROUNDED 787

Minneapolis, MN

#29834 Sep 29, 2013
Global warming a myth..

Proven to be global cooling instead.

Climate change was a smart move by radicals, idiots..

Never before has the USA been manipulated causing econimic crisis by a minority of idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adrian Peterson child abuse 36 min Satisfly Kustamur 22
Chaska officer on leave for racial-profiling il... 39 min Joey Zaza 26
Django Unchained Actress Mistaken for a Prostitute 47 min Satisfly Kustamur 8
Matt cassel horrendous performance 3 hr Space ace 17
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Man From The Edge... 26,252
Republicans Simply Don’t Want Minorities To Vote 3 hr redeemer 36
What happened to Jacob Wetterling ? 6 hr cantmakeitup 6
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••