Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29728 Sep 25, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did. Did you miss it or just not capable of thinking on your own?
I stand by the science and responsible action by government on issue of public interest.
<quoted text>
i do think for myself and on my own. Apparently that's exactly what drives you quacks crazy! Lol
The science isn't settled. The models you all cite are grossly erroneous. Public policy can't be made about something based on "could" and "maybe".
Let the studies continue until more is known. There's no need to make knee jerk reactions...and way too early for public policy on a sloppy theory full of holes.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29729 Sep 25, 2013
Whine deniers. Your goose is cooked.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29730 Sep 25, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i do think for myself and on my own. Apparently that's exactly what drives you quacks crazy! Lol
The science isn't settled. The models you all cite are grossly erroneous. Public policy can't be made about something based on "could" and "maybe".
Let the studies continue until more is known. There's no need to make knee jerk reactions...and way too early for public policy on a sloppy theory full of holes.
Typical denier whine!

You are thinking of swiss cheese for your whine.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/05/07/1...

P.S. Especially for you,#7,#32,#36, etc.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29732 Sep 25, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Typical denier whine!
You are thinking of swiss cheese for your whine.
P.S. Especially for you,#7,#32,#36, etc.
LMAO!!!! They give you mullets a handout??? A sort of cheat sheet when you're too stumped to respond on your own?!?!?
Bwaaahhaaaa
I notice there isn't a response to give when you claim someone won a Nobel prize when they really didn't !!!
May want to reach out to your puppet masters on that one. You come across as pretty dense on your own!
Lol
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#29734 Sep 25, 2013
Toutle wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry I don't make any since to you Space.
but I got to tell ya something that I don't like to do because I can't stand selfpity.
One time long ago I was falling a tree an a limb hit me in the head an the doc. told me I'd be ok but It could make things a little harder to do sometimes but nothing that anybody would notice.
But I have notice this kind of thing to be a little hard to do but I was thinking I'M getting a little better at it so cut me a little slack ok.
I'm trying to get better but I got to tell ya I'm having a hard time figuring out what that whacky guy from Seattle is saying,is that just me or does he have a head problem to.
It isn't you. That guy from Seattle has moments of coherence, but they are few and far between. Most times it sounds like he's proudly trying to rhyme 'knick knack paddy wack' into his posts.

Make of that what you will... he doesn't respond to queries on the matter.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29736 Sep 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't you. That guy from Seattle has moments of coherence, but they are few and far between. Most times it sounds like he's proudly trying to rhyme 'knick knack paddy wack' into his posts.
Make of that what you will... he doesn't respond to queries on the matter.
It is YOU!

You are here just to bully like your denier friends. Read to learn a little.

Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#29737 Sep 25, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>It is YOU!
You are here just to bully like your denier friends.
Aww gee... never mind you telling people to shut up, calling people liars, and a whole bunch of names.

Your hypocrisy is growing by leaps and bounds.

Do your part, sit in the dark.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#29741 Sep 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... a brat with the internet on the verge of a temper tantrum.
Don't be so harsh on yourself. You may grow up, eventually.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29743 Sep 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww gee... never mind you telling people to shut up, calling people liars, and a whole bunch of names.
Your hypocrisy is growing by leaps and bounds.
Do your part, sit in the dark.
LIAR. You are not people!

Whining, denier.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29744 Sep 25, 2013
bob wrote:
all a scam
It takes you to know one. NOT.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29745 Sep 25, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Whine deniers. Your goose is cooked.
LOL, lol.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#29746 Sep 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
You should have called out your teachers for NOT teaching you science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Oh, that's right. You never took the blocks of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
/////////
toutle tooted:
What a load of CRAP, litesong.
//////////
litesong wrote:
That's the word toxic topix AGW deniers use to describe their efforts in science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for their poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#29747 Sep 26, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so harsh on yourself. You may grow up, eventually.
Weak... so very weak.

Tip: quit taking your tips on wit from SpaceBlues.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29749 Sep 26, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Al "Adolph" Gore ?
No, denialsim is dead.

Ask yourself, where are all the man-made heat-trapping gases going at a rate of 90 million tons per day?

And what are they causing at energy daily equivalent of 400,000 hiroshimas?

Humans were not around when the planet had CO2 concentrations at the modern levels. Scientists discovered the modern man-made emissions are increasing the CO2 levels faster than the natural occurences of the past. What is clear however we are measuring the effects of the man-made global warming as it happens and/or after a natural variation(s) is(are) swiched on/off.

Also, that global warming goes on and on .. with resulting and companion consequences..

RIP.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29750 Sep 26, 2013
Denialism is dead.

RIP

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

United States

#29752 Sep 26, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Al "Adolph" Gore ?
The only mistake he made was in thinking that science denial can ever be defeated. Humans are irrational, averse to evidence, prone to conspiracy theories, ideologically motivated, dogmatic thinkers. Science denial will always be with us.

Hell, half the US denies biological science. A smattering of flat Earthers persist. Idiots like you, much like the poor, will always be with us.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

United States

#29753 Sep 26, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>It always amuses me to see so many on the side of pseudoscience pretend they have the intellectual high road.
It always amuses me when those promoting pseudoscience refer to actual science as pseudoscience. Infantile projection is a hoot. It's hilarious when a young Earth creationist tries to come across all sciency while referring to evolutionary biology, geology, paleontology, cladistics, comparitive genomics, etc. as "religions". What you're doing is no less asinine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

United States

#29754 Sep 26, 2013
bob wrote:
all a scam
Indeed. The denial industry's promotion of science denial is the most transparent scam ever. It's amazing how many fools can't see it, though.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29755 Sep 26, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
It always amuses me when those promoting pseudoscience refer to actual science as pseudoscience. Infantile projection is a hoot. It's hilarious when a young Earth creationist tries to come across all sciency while referring to evolutionary biology, geology, paleontology, cladistics, comparitive genomics, etc. as "religions". What you're doing is no less asinine.
maybe you should try to bring eugenics back in vogue and amalgamate it with your climate change religion, son!
Scepticism is enemy number one to any religion, and must be silenced. You could get sort of a "twofer" for your efforts according to your apparent world view.
Make you a deal....don't pretend to be smarter than me and I'll stop reminding you just how stupid you really are, okay?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

United States

#29756 Sep 26, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i do think for myself and on my own. Apparently that's exactly what drives you quacks crazy! Lol
There it is. The denier argument on a nutshell. Every point is wrong. Every point has been rebutted. Every rebuttal has been rejected. I count five.

1) "We're skeptics. Skepticism is good." There are clear differences between proper skepticism and denial that have been presented many times.

2) "The science should claim certainty before action is warranted." Fails on two counts; both revealed many times. Science never deals in proof or certainty. Demanding it before taking action is illogical in any case. If this semipro liar actually meant to imply that there is significant doubt within the field, he's simply lying. The truth has been revealed many times.

3) "Climate science = only models." Big Lie. Revealed as such many times.

4) "The science is shaky." Actually, the science is very robust. I have personally explained several ways that it is, some of which you assiduously avoid even acknowledging.

5) "Scientists are going off half cocked; it needs more study." It's been studied for decades by many, many scientists, with high tech research tools from the likes of NASA, etc. and by some for well over a century. The latest report by the climate researchers bumped the confidence level for anthropogenic, catastrophic warming from 90 to 95%. This matches the level of certainty that smoking causes lung cancer and exceeds the confidence level universally applied in medicine and public health matters. Also, the science has also shown the effects of delaying action.

All this information has been rejected by the denial industry as well. Congrats on so clearly stating the vacuous nature of denialist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autopsy reports on Ferguson Shooting 6 hr Space ace 15
Local widow of Ebola victim waiting for survivo... 15 hr Free Money 1
Twin Cities: lowest metro unemployment rate in US 18 hr Liberal 24
Nina Pham 'cured of Ebola' and set to meet Obama 19 hr Liberal 6
New York physician tests positive for Ebola Fri cantmakeitup 4
He fled, fired -- and died (Feb '07) Fri Gonar 163
Denver Somali Girls Try to Join ISIS Fri cantmakeitup 5
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs