Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35524 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#29633 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Repeating what I posted before, from Wikipedia:
The IPCC presented Mann with a personalized certificate "for contributing to the award of the Nobel Peace Prize for 2007 to the IPCC", celebrating the joint award of the Nobel Peace Prize to the IPCC and to Al Gore.
P.S. You are another time waster because you are here to misrepresent science and scientists.
an IPCC certificate is not a NOBEL. LOL

you really aren't bright at all......and a bad liar, too.

LOL

he's not a nobel winning scientist, son.

face the facts....for once in your life. PLEASE!!

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29634 Sep 22, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>an IPCC certificate is not a NOBEL. LOL
LOL
LOL
My terminology is mine to use and I'm sticking to it. You have gone bananas over a few complimentary words about a scientist.

Once again the basis is repeated below:

The IPCC presented Mann with a personalized certificate "for contributing to the award of the Nobel Peace Prize for 2007 to the IPCC", celebrating the joint award of the Nobel Peace Prize to the IPCC and to Al Gore. The 2007 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the IPCC as an organisation, and the prize was not an award to any individual involved with the IPCC.[47] The IPCC officially states that the certificates were issued "to scientists that had contributed substantially to the preparation of IPCC reports. Such certificates, which feature a copy of the Nobel Peace Prize diploma, were sent to coordinating lead authors, lead authors, review editors, Bureau members, staff of the technical support units and staff of the secretariat from the IPCC’s inception in 1988 until the award of the prize in 2007. The IPCC has not sent such certificates to contributing authors, expert reviewers and focal points."[47][48] In his 2012 book Mann noted an IPCC meeting in 2009 celebrating the prize, where Working Group 1 co-chair Susan Solomon highlighted the personal sacrifice that he and Benjamin D. Santer had made in the name of the IPCC.[49][wikipedia]

Michael Mann even twitted, "IPCC certificate acknowledging me "contributing to award of the Nobel Peace Prize". Do they want my birth certif too?" It would appear the answer is yes.

Update from Climate Depot: The IPCC issued the certificates with the text on them to IPCC participants, including Mann. Mann did not add the text himself. Here is a photo of a UN IPCC issued certificate (LINK)

Move on, LOL.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29635 Sep 22, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>an IPCC certificate is not a NOBEL. LOL
LOL
LOL
Shame on you for calling me baseless names along with another denier just because I used a complimentary term for a climate scientist named Michael E. Mann, PhD.

Here's the basis for the background as I know it;

The IPCC presented Mann with a personalized certificate "for contributing to the award of the Nobel Peace Prize for 2007 to the IPCC", celebrating the joint award of the Nobel Peace Prize to the IPCC and to Al Gore. The 2007 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the IPCC as an organisation, and the prize was not an award to any individual involved with the IPCC.[47] The IPCC officially states that the certificates were issued "to scientists that had contributed substantially to the preparation of IPCC reports. Such certificates, which feature a copy of the Nobel Peace Prize diploma, were sent to coordinating lead authors, lead authors, review editors, Bureau members, staff of the technical support units and staff of the secretariat from the IPCC’s inception in 1988 until the award of the prize in 2007. The IPCC has not sent such certificates to contributing authors, expert reviewers and focal points."[47][48] In his 2012 book Mann noted an IPCC meeting in 2009 celebrating the prize, where Working Group 1 co-chair Susan Solomon highlighted the personal sacrifice that he and Benjamin D. Santer had made in the name of the IPCC.[49][wikipedia]

Michael Mann even twitted, "IPCC certificate acknowledging me "contributing to award of the Nobel Peace Prize". Do they want my birth certif too?" It would appear the answer is yes.

Update from Climate Depot: The IPCC issued the certificates with the text on them to IPCC participants, including Mann. Mann did not add the text himself. Here is a photo of a UN IPCC issued certificate (LINK)

Move on for the nth time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29638 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you for calling me baseless names along with another denier just because I used a complimentary term for a climate scientist named Michael E. Mann, PhD.

Here is a photo of a UN IPCC issued certificate (LINK)
shame on you for making an incorrect claim and lacking the intellectual honesty to admit you were wrong. shame on you for lying now about it. "A complimentary term"???? you mean a lie, son?

A photo of an IPCC certificate isn't a Nobel award. You claimed he was a Nobel winning scientist. Obviously you're not nearly as smart as you think. You're too stupid to even know when you're lying. I guess that puts you in the pathological category of liars, huh, son?

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29639 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>My terminology is mine to use and I'm sticking to it.
That's fine, son!!! Just like your opinions....your terminology has nothing to do with facts, son.

That much is obvious. Thanks for your continued contribution to climate change alarmist lies.

Documented and archived for future evidence. Facts are the kryptonite to warmists.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29640 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. You are another time waster because you are here to misrepresent science and scientists.
Apparently you're the one misrepresenting scientists, son. You claim pseudoscientists won awards that they never did.

Can you provide evidence that Mann won a Nobel? Pssssssst.... a nice little certificate from the IPCC doesn't back up your claim.

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29641 Sep 22, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>shame on you for making an incorrect claim and lacking the intellectual honesty to admit you were wrong. shame on you for lying now about it. "A complimentary term"???? you mean a lie, son?
A photo of an IPCC certificate isn't a Nobel award. You claimed he was a Nobel winning scientist. Obviously you're not nearly as smart as you think. You're too stupid to even know when you're lying. I guess that puts you in the pathological category of liars, huh, son?
LOL
LIAR.. your hatred is on fire.

With my compliments to Professor Mann:

Move on, liar. Your hatred is on fire!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29642 Sep 22, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>That's fine, son!!! Just like your opinions....your terminology has nothing to do with facts, son.
That much is obvious. Thanks for your continued contribution to climate change alarmist lies.
Documented and archived for future evidence. Facts are the kryptonite to warmists.
LIAR.. your hatred is on fire.

This is about Professor Mann, a Nobel-winning scientist:

Liar.. your hatred is on fire!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29643 Sep 22, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you're the one misrepresenting scientists, son. You claim pseudoscientists won awards that they never did.
Can you provide evidence that Mann won a Nobel? Pssssssst.... a nice little certificate from the IPCC doesn't back up your claim.
LOL
LIAR.. your claim is on fire..

Here's to the archives:

You lied by calling a climate scientist pseudo in your post. You lied about me as well.

Move on, liar for the zth time. Notice I said zth because I can.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29644 Sep 22, 2013
rite down the middle wrote:
<quoted text>just like the IR going over my head into outer space, son?
rack 'em again...you lose.
but go ahead and try this 'slant'!! i like making a fool out of you and you "g-h" friend.
Greenwood, MS!

Can you play the blues?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29645 Sep 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Believing man made CO2 emissions from fossil fuel use causes catastrophic climate change is superstition, not science.
Brain_Dead dances around the methane plume, illuminating the melting snow around him.

Be careful, Brain_Dead. don't burn your ass!

Brain_Dead worships the fire. Fire warm. Fire good. Until the fire lights up your ass. Then...not so good.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29646 Sep 23, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Greenwood, MS!
Can you play the blues?
LOL....no, but I listen to the blues every time I'm down that way...or in Chicago.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29649 Sep 24, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR.. your claim is on fire..
Here's to the archives:
You lied by calling a climate scientist pseudo in your post. You lied about me as well.
Move on, liar for the zth time. Notice I said zth because I can.
Mann didn't win a Nobel. You claimed he was a Nobel winning scientist. You were wrong then. Now you're a liar, too.
SpaceBlues

United States

#29650 Sep 24, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Mann didn't win a Nobel. You claimed he was a Nobel winning scientist. You were wrong then. Now you're a liar, too.
No, I'm not a liar. Take Professor Mann to court, LOL.

You are always a liar and you maintain your lying reputation as usual.

P.S. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29651 Sep 24, 2013
(Reuters)- Wear-and-tear costs on coal and natural gas power plants from adding high levels of wind and solar energy in the U.S. West is small compared with the benefits of generating less power using fossil fuels, a federal study said Tuesday.

The Energy Department's National Renewable Energy Laboratory determined the western power grid could accommodate 30 percent wind and 5 percent solar energy in 2017.

But to keep the grid reliable when the wind stops blowing and the sun stops shining, utilities will have to ramp their gas and coal-fired plants up and down more frequently, a process known in the power industry as cycling.

The NREL said cycling gas and coal plants would add about $35 million to $157 million per year in operating and maintenance expenses, depending on how much wind and solar is actually installed, by 2020.

"Increased cycling to accommodate high levels of wind and solar generation increases operating costs by 2 percent to 5 percent for the average fossil-fueled plant," Debra Lew, NREL project manager for the study, said in a release.

However, that is well below the estimated $7 billion per year that the increased use of wind and solar power would save in gas and coal fuel costs, NREL said.
SpaceBlues

United States

#29652 Sep 24, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
(Reuters)- Wear-and-tear costs on coal and natural gas power plants from adding high levels of wind and solar energy in the U.S. West is small compared with the benefits of generating less power using fossil fuels, a federal study said Tuesday.
The Energy Department's National Renewable Energy Laboratory determined the western power grid could accommodate 30 percent wind and 5 percent solar energy in 2017.
But to keep the grid reliable when the wind stops blowing and the sun stops shining, utilities will have to ramp their gas and coal-fired plants up and down more frequently, a process known in the power industry as cycling.
The NREL said cycling gas and coal plants would add about $35 million to $157 million per year in operating and maintenance expenses, depending on how much wind and solar is actually installed, by 2020.
"Increased cycling to accommodate high levels of wind and solar generation increases operating costs by 2 percent to 5 percent for the average fossil-fueled plant," Debra Lew, NREL project manager for the study, said in a release.
However, that is well below the estimated $7 billion per year that the increased use of wind and solar power would save in gas and coal fuel costs, NREL said.
Bogus expense, don't believe. They already do 'load following.'

What do they think? We're not all dumb and blind.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29653 Sep 24, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm not a liar. Take Professor Mann to court, LOL.
P.S. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
watching mr Rogers reruns, son?
Lol
I did not lie about you for calling you a liar.
If I'm lying and you stand by your claim that Mann is a Nobel winning scientist.....show the forum his Nobel Prize!!!!!
Alarmist liars! They don't know when to stop.
Must be hard for someone, who pretends to be smarter than others, to admit when he is wrong.
Go ahead and keep lying through your teeth. Your every posts proves your lack of intellectual honesty, son!!
Lol
litesong

Everett, WA

#29654 Sep 24, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
You("middleofthedownwrong gully") lied by calling a climate scientist pseudo in your post. You lied about me as well.
Ah..... "middleofthedownwronggull y" is related to "slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener lyin' brian". You have clarified that point, succinctly.
litesong

Everett, WA

#29655 Sep 24, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
(Reuters)- Wear-and-tear costs on coal and natural gas power plants from adding high levels of wind and solar energy in the U.S. West is small compared with the benefits of generating less power using fossil fuels.......
In regions like the Pacific Northwest, Canada, other areas with hydro-electric sources, the perfect electricity generating combinations of solar, wind & hydro, can merge the generating abilities almost seamlessly. Any added fossil fuel power plants do NOT need to ramp up & down.
SpaceBlues

Cypress, TX

#29658 Sep 24, 2013
Toutle wrote:
<quoted text>What do they think?They think you not know what you are talking about want to be scientist.
LOL. You're jealous, tooth.

You did not even think how to reply to my post...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump does it again 2 hr Pop the Weasel 48
News Purple Faith: Prince's Life as a Jehovah's Witness 10 hr red blood relative 986
FOVR fascist past 10 hr anarchist 1
Boots On the Ground Guy from Minneapolis diddle... 10 hr Joe Balls 6
BLM lies on a 0-4 losing streak 11 hr Tellitlikeitis 18
FOVR assaults old women/children 12 hr anarchist 1
Pathetic FOVR no money left 12 hr anarchist 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages