Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 39145 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#29449 Sep 9, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for confirming that you have nothing to debate and no position prepared with arguements and reasoning.
<quoted text>
Knee jerk rejection? I guess you don't have anything to back up your spam. Thanks for confirming that your 'viewpoint' is based on ignorance and 'belief'. The 'asinine' is thus almost a badge of honor to those who actually debate the issue.
<quoted text>
Fatuous would more correctly apply to YOUR posts since they are both incompetent and smug.
<quoted text>
The fool often finds the most humor in his silliness. His listeners have to decide if he is worthy of laughter.
lol!! I'm laughing at you! You deserve it, too! Bask in your idiocy, son!
Lol
Mothra

United States

#29450 Sep 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>its amazing how these people demand changes they're unwilling to lead by example with themselves. If I were a judgmental type person...I'd swear they're all hypocrites! But....I'll leave the name calling to that crowd. That's all they have.
Check out this story from the NY Times...

Brad Pitt’s Carbon Footprint

http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/0...

Scroll to the comments and read how people are defending Pitt's huge carbon footprint.

They, like the warmists here, have a great tolerance for his actions cuz, well.. ya know... he's 'down' for the cause.

"A more reasoned analysis would compare the net negative impact of Brad Pitt’s air travel to the net positive impact of the work he is trying to achieve as he bounds around the globe. None of that is considered here."

This one is quite typical. Should not a warmist be finding ways make a "positive impact" AND reduce one's carbon footprint? Are they not saying it's possible to do both with only some minor changes in lifestyle?(Never mind his day trip from Chicago to LA for jury duty... just think of the public good.) When has anyone ever challenged him on what appears to be a contradiction of efforts?

Another motto for the warmists:

Relative ethics are absolute.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29451 Sep 9, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for confirming that you have nothing to debate and no position prepared with arguements and reasoning.

Fatuous would more correctly apply to YOUR posts since they are both incompetent and smug.
Would it be fatuous of me to point out that you didn't spell argument correctly as a way to point out your incompetence?

I'm not much for spell checking, but if you're going to call someone out for being inferior intellectually.....don't look stupid while doing so in the process.

just saying.

LOL

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29452 Sep 9, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Scroll to the comments and read how people are defending Pitt's huge carbon footprint.
They, like the warmists here, have a great tolerance for his actions cuz, well.. ya know... he's 'down' for the cause.
"A more reasoned analysis would compare the net negative impact of Brad Pitt’s air travel to the net positive impact of the work he is trying to achieve as he bounds around the globe. None of that is considered here."
This one is quite typical. Should not a warmist be finding ways make a "positive impact" AND reduce one's carbon footprint? Are they not saying it's possible to do both with only some minor changes in lifestyle?(Never mind his day trip from Chicago to LA for jury duty... just think of the public good.) When has anyone ever challenged him on what appears to be a contradiction of efforts?
LMAO!! A fitting motto for sure.
Mothra

United States

#29453 Sep 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!! A fitting motto for sure.
Other mottoes:

Do as I say, not as I do.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29454 Sep 9, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
So... the "leaders" of global warming don't abide by the standards for the followers and you say,'so what'?
Confirming the motto of the warmists:
Do what I say, not as I do.
No. I don't know if your statements are correct (they usually aren't). It sounds like more denialist propaganda. Maybe you'd like to cite your source?

Does it change the fact that the Earth is warming?

No.
Mothra

United States

#29456 Sep 9, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't know if your statements are correct (they usually aren't). It sounds like more denialist propaganda. Maybe you'd like to cite your source?
Does it change the fact that the Earth is warming?
No.
I gave you the link. Is not the head of the IPCC a leader?

Sheesh.

Regardless, I hear no outcry from warmists about other warmists.

Why is that?

"Does it change the fact that the Earth is warming?"

Hmmm... don't warmists say everyone needs to cut their carbon footprint... but not their leaders and mouthpieces?

Another motto:

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29457 Sep 9, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, if you're gonna make an omelet, you gotta break a few eggs.

We'll all be improving our carbon footprint as fossil fuels get phased down. These things take time. Be patient, child.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#29458 Sep 9, 2013
Didn't carbon taxes play a part in Australia's changing of the guard to the Liberal-National Party coalition(read that center-right conservative)?
Kyle

Fairfax, VA

#29459 Sep 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I've concluded that no conclusions have been made or determined.
That's nice. And meaningless. If you think the world is waiting for you to become honest and rational, you need to snap out of it.
Kyle

Fairfax, VA

#29460 Sep 9, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
Didn't carbon taxes play a part in Australia's changing of the guard to the Liberal-National Party coalition(read that center-right conservative)?
Bearing on the validity of the science = ZERO.
Kyle

Fairfax, VA

#29461 Sep 9, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see all the leaders, scientists, and politicians advocating the theory of global warming actually "do something about it" and make the lifestyle changes they demand others make?
Does the IPCC leader take a chauffeured gas powered car to/from his office one mile from his house?
Yup.
Does the IPCC leader own a gas-guzzler?
Yup.
Does the IPCC leader own an electric car?
Yup.
Does the IPCC leader use the electric car that was bought specifically for his own use actually use it?
Nope.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12473...
Some crisis.
Shall I continue with Al Gore?
Relevance to the validity of the science = ZERO.
Kyle

Fairfax, VA

#29462 Sep 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>its amazing how these people demand changes they're unwilling to lead by example with themselves. If I were a judgmental type person...I'd swear they're all hypocrites! But....I'll leave the name calling to that crowd. That's all they have.
Argument for how this affects the validity of the science? Still missing in action.
Kyle

Fairfax, VA

#29463 Sep 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>... if you're going to call someone out for being inferior intellectually.....don't look stupid while doing so in the process.
There goes your entire act.
Kyle

Fairfax, VA

#29464 Sep 9, 2013
Behold another fine example of denier logic:

"Rational person - "Does it change the fact that the Earth is warming?"
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm... don't warmists say everyone needs to cut their carbon footprint... but not their leaders and mouthpieces?
Note how refusal to acknowledge that which they do not wish to acknowledge comes so naturally to them. The non sequiturs flow like a river.
Mothra

United States

#29465 Sep 9, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Relevance to the validity of the science = ZERO.
Hey, don't bitch at me.

It's the warmists promoting global warming who aren't abiding by the "science".
Mothra

United States

#29466 Sep 9, 2013
Kyle wrote:
Behold another fine example of denier logic:
"Rational person - "Does it change the fact that the Earth is warming?"
<quoted text>
Note how refusal to acknowledge that which they do not wish to acknowledge comes so naturally to them. The non sequiturs flow like a river.
You fail to follow conversation.

Doesn't matter, nor change the fact that the leaders and promoters aren't abiding by your science.

Gawd... that's gotta really bug you, huh?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29467 Sep 9, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes your entire act.
so....you believe that you bring intellectual honesty to the forum? Really??!!??
Lol

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29468 Sep 9, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Argument for how this affects the validity of the science? Still missing in action.
get back to me when you can stop bastardizing valid science, sport!!
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#29469 Sep 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>so....you believe that you bring intellectual honesty to the forum? Really??!!??
Lol
I doubt if he believes he can get you to any form of 'intellectual honesty'. That doesn't mean that the truth should be hidden from you OR others. THAT is 'intellectual honesty'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Exploding Ant plows van into pedestrians in Tor... 3 min Joe Balls 5
News Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr hahaha 26,687
Try me 4 hr Space ace 5
Crassus, fovr, davy 8 hr Space ace 3
New species of 'exploding ants' discovered in S... 8 hr The Lumber Jack 4
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's shocking response t... 12 hr Space ace 5
Andrew mccabee 12 hr Space ace 1

Minneapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages