Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
27,021 - 27,040 of 32,351 Comments Last updated 24 min ago
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>too many, and they're all greedy liars.
Lol
And the fossil fuel funded denial industry are all pure as the driven snow.(eyes rolling)
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>hanny and "cooked the books" just to name a couple equals 2. that's all i need. the rest are just fluff. the guy that's coming out in september....i'll wait to see how badly he lies again. pretty sure he duck, dodge, and it'll just be a jawner.
you really don't care bout renewable fuels, huh?? and you portrayed yourself as someone 'concerned' about the planet!!
bwaaahahahahahahaa
Note that I posted 6 comments in direct response to this denier scum three days ago that made the vacuity of his ideas all too clear.

Note that although this denier scum will make trivial responses to even off topic comments, he's failed to acknowledge any of them.

Note what a dishonest concession looks like when you're either a paid shill (a very bad one) or a psychologically deranged troll.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that I posted 6 comments in direct response to this denier scum three days ago that made the vacuity of his ideas all too clear.
Note that although this denier scum will make trivial responses to even off topic comments, he's failed to acknowledge any of them.
Note what a dishonest concession looks like when you're either a paid shill (a very bad one) or a psychologically deranged troll.
and i responded. it only took me one post to do it, stupid.

again....read, comprehend, respond.

btw....are you taking caveman's torch now? he already admitted he doesn't care about epa rules and the environment. are you willing to tread into those waters too?

wouldn't supp-rize me one iota.

heeeheeeheee
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>and i responded. it only took me one post to do it, stupid.
again....read, comprehend, respond.
btw....are you taking caveman's torch now? he already admitted he doesn't care about epa rules and the environment. are you willing to tread into those waters too?
heeeheeeheee
Please list any post where I said that I "didn't care" about EPA rules.

Please list any post where I said that I "didn't care" about the environment.

You can't, because you are lying.

Not being interested is not the same as not caring.

What about an answer to my question about this "conspiracy"? What is your evidence? Explain how two scientists could put their "rigged" numbers front and center with no challenge, and be followed by scores of other scientists bringing the same numbers, who are not part of the original two-person "conspiracy"? What are the odds? How many people are involved in this "deception"? Do you still maintain that it is the original two? Would you be willing to admit that it might be as high as a hundred? How? Why?

Will you answer? Will you give us more details of this "sham"?

heee heee heee
nearasfar

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Earthling wrote:
All the scientists have to do now, is prove that the culprit is CO2 and that human emissions are responsible.
"The culprit is CO2" Check
"And human are responsible for increased CO2 emissions." Check
nearasfar

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Owl Gore wrote:
Unlikely Skeptic: A Liberal Environmentalist Challenges Global Warming Theory
Dr. Denis Rancourt speaks to Marc Morano on his views on the politics and science of global warming. "They look to comfortable lies" says Rancourt with regard to global warming believers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VWVXarkPOAoXX
Physicist Dr. Denis Rancourt, a former professor and environmental science researcher at the University of Ottawa, has officially bailed out of the man-made global warming movement.
In a hard-hitting and exclusive new exclusive video just released by Climate Depot, Dr. Rancourt declares that the entire man-made global warming movement is nothing more than a "corrupt social phenomenon." "It is as much psychological and social phenomenon as anything else," Rancourt, who has published peer-reviewed research, explained in a June 8, 2010 essay.
WOW! The entire scientific community in cahoots to undermine the energy sector (researchers from Shell, Exxon/Mobil and BP and talking heads from Fox excepted of course)! Amazing... Well shouldn't we be setting up concentration camps or something? I mean these are people using tax payer dollars soiling our minds, aren't they really dangerous? This is all so incredible...

Since: May 13

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer your question.
Why invest???? Because investment brings returns on investment, it's really quite simple. Not investing means there are no rewards to reap. If you do not invest the planting and nurturing of a tomato plant you will likely not have any tomatoes to reap except through pure happenstance.....which you have had no active part in.
The highest cost in the creation of any product is energy, therefore not investing in cheap and renewable sources of energy has the net effect of being a hindrance to economic growth and job creation.......not to mention the pollution and negative effects from the reliance on dinosaur fuels.
The cost of war also goes into the price of a gallon of natural gas or oil.
The GWB admin was chocked full of oil and coal people who implemented their solution to the energy problem and we are in worse shape today because of it.
thethirdrail
why invest
If the new energy is developed enough and practical enough(cost,,etc.)And you Want To Risk Your Capital etc.-- Not Not
mine---( some areas like bio fuel are okay ) go ahead.
by the way it was under George W. Bush who supported among other
things bio-fuels that are used in those Free Free Free shuttle
buses that are in use in many areas around South Florida and
other places.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Not being interested is not the same as not caring.
really, son?!
Lol
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>really, son?!
Lol
lol

Really, boy!

lol

LOL

lol?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Iím not going to compare deniers to Nazis. Iím going to get more contemporary.

Hundreds of men, women, and children have been killed in Syria this week under circumstances that can only be described as highly suspicious.

On the news, dead children have been shown lain out in rows with no visible signs of trauma and no blood stains. It is the same with dozens of adults, male and female, of all ages. The rebels claim that these deaths are the result of the shelling of various villages surrounding Damascus. Some of the bodies have been shown lying in perfectly structurally sound hallways and streets, with no artillery damage visible. The injured survivors all show signs of poisoning; dilated pupils, convulsions, tremors, sweating. Doctors and rescuers all claim that poison gas was used in the bombardments. There does not appear to be live video of the attacks or any other solid conclusive evidence. What evidence there is, is highly circumstantial.

The Assad regime is known to have chemical weapons and the delivery systems to use them. They deny that they have used any chemical weapons. The rebels are not known to have access to nerve gas or the artillery to deliver it. The Assad regime and their ally, Russia, have suggested that the rebels have faked the attacks so as to bring international condemnation on government forces. Both China and Russia have urged the international community not to jump to conclusions in this matter, as there is not enough evidence of any genocidal action by the Syrian government. All three of these factions maintain that these allegations are simultaneously not true, not conclusive, and staged. They suggest we wait and see and do more investigation.

What is the moral choice? What is the tentative conclusion? What course of action should the rest of the world chart based on such incomplete information? Can we look at the Chinese and Russian records and extrapolate from that to determine what the real truth is?

Inaction will probably lead to more death. Military action against Assadís government may be unwarranted, illegal, and unfair without total certainly of its guilt. Whatís a global community to do?

Does anyone else see a parallel here?

As I have learned from some of my sub-contractors beforeÖit is better to take action and ask forgiveness than to wait and ask for permission.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
Hundreds of men, women, and children have been killed in Syria this week under circumstances that can only be described as highly suspicious.
On the news, dead children have been shown lain out in rows with no visible signs of trauma and no blood stains. It is the same with dozens of adults, male and female, of all ages. The rebels claim that these deaths are the result of the shelling of various villages surrounding Damascus. Some of the bodies have been shown lying in perfectly structurally sound hallways and streets, with no artillery damage visible. The injured survivors all show signs of poisoning; dilated pupils, convulsions, tremors, sweating. Doctors and rescuers all claim that poison gas was used in the bombardments. There does not appear to be live video of the attacks or any other solid conclusive evidence. What evidence there is, is highly circumstantial.
The Assad regime is known to have chemical weapons and the delivery systems to use them. They deny that they have used any chemical weapons. The rebels are not known to have access to nerve gas or the artillery to deliver it. The Assad regime and their ally, Russia, have suggested that the rebels have faked the attacks so as to bring international condemnation on government forces. Both China and Russia have urged the international community not to jump to conclusions in this matter, as there is not enough evidence of any genocidal action by the Syrian government. All three of these factions maintain that these allegations are simultaneously not true, not conclusive, and staged. They suggest we wait and see and do more investigation.
What is the moral choice? What is the tentative conclusion? What course of action should the rest of the world chart based on such incomplete information? Can we look at the Chinese and Russian records and extrapolate from that to determine what the real truth is?
Inaction will probably lead to more death. Military action against Assadís government may be unwarranted, illegal, and unfair without total certainly of its guilt. Whatís a global community to do?
As I have learned from some of my sub-contractors beforeÖit is better to take action and ask forgiveness than to wait and ask for permission.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Really, son?
Kyle

Wabash, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

The lie:
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>and i responded. it only took me one post to do it, stupid.
REALITY: You didn't respond to any of them. It's trivially easy to verify this fact.

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>again....read, comprehend, respond.
Nothing to read, scum. Comprehend?

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>btw....are you taking caveman's torch now? he already admitted he doesn't care about epa rules and the environment. are you willing to tread into those waters too?
heeeheeeheee

That's what's known as furiously flinging poo to evade the truth.

What conclusion is rational when you evade and then lie about it? Perhaps the content of the posts you refuse to acknowledge could yield some clues, eh?

ROTFL!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Really, son?
lol

Reeely, boy!

That would make you Russian! lol

lol

LOL

lol?

Since: May 13

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
thethirdrail
Maybe just maybe just maybe all those convoys from Iraq into
Syria are responsible???

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
The lie: <quoted text>
REALITY: You didn't respond to any of them.

That's what's known as furiously flinging poo to evade the truth.

ROTFL!
yes, i did.

is that what you're flinging, son?

LOL!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Reeely, boy!
That would make you Russian! lol
lol
LOL
lol?
really??

LOL

I'm a Russian now??

LOL

no wonder you make bizarre connections. it's like a disease with you insects.

LOL
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Our argument and our demand is as basic as it possibly can be. If they can disprove any part of it, we welcome their solid evidence. Where is it?

Our argument is that the Earth is warming, we are causing it, and there is something we can do about it. They can deny each point, but they cannot disprove any of them.

And as a statement of our earnest commitment to this issue, I think all AGW acceptors here will agree with me;

we wish we were wrong.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Wind generation:

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/08/24/2...

Driving through northern Illinois two weeks ago, these things were all over the place. And awesome.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Jennifer wrote:
I'm a firm believer in Global Warming. This year the heat during the State Fair is setting recotds.
Deniers and believers are irrelevant. The issue is KNOWLEDGE, i.e. knowing, based on serious scientific research.
Kyle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>.. denier scum?
Do you mind if we apply to other deniers as well?
I use it to apply to all of the willfully ignorant, immune to evidence or reason types.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info