Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 34489 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#29227 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>enlightening yourself, son? lol
I don't understand your question, but I did laugh at it after reading it just like you did.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
rack'em up...and try again.
That's a good motto for you.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29228 Aug 18, 2013
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
Opening the outer continental shelf to drilling would generate hundreds of thousands of new jobs, generate hundreds of billions of dollars in government revenue, and bring more oil to the world market, thereby lowering gas prices and reverse the decline of America. Federal bailouts of failing American "Clean Energy" firms (which Obama supported both as senator and president) reward inefficient and corrupt management, rob taxpayers, hurt smaller and more responsible private firms, exacerbate our budget problems, explode national debt, and destroy our US Dollar. Even more importantly, any bailout of such private industry is in direct violation of the constitution.
You painted a nightmare like what happened to poor Nigeria.

We know too much, sucker.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29229 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>but, you people never seem to learn the lessons from the past.
Again if you took your own advice and become part of the solution, duh.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#29230 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>but, you people never seem to learn the lessons from the past.
Really?...and just who am I?!?!?

Rack em up and try again? and again?
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29232 Aug 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's no experimental test for climate change mitigation, there's no experiment showing man made global climate change so there can only be uncertainty, without scientific data.
I'm going to ignore your 27,389th repetition of that stupidity.

Instead, I'll merely point out that your stupidity was completely non-responsive to that which you replied.

Conclusion? You can't.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29233 Aug 18, 2013
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
The nonprofit group Environmental Defense calculates that the international round-trip between Nashville and Oslo, where Algore received the Nobel Peace Prize, produced about eight tons in carbon dioxide-equivalent gases per passenger.
Eight tons of carbon dioxide are produced annually per person to power the average American car and to supply heat and electricity for the average American home.
Such is the hypocrisy of the Minister of Propaganda for the Global Warming Hoax.
Effect on science and its findings?:

ZERO
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29234 Aug 18, 2013
Thin Skinned Obama wrote:
Darn it's cold out!!!
Polat bears are NOT dieing because of lack of ice..
Wow. Another dumbazz repetition of fallacious denier argument #2 and a straw man attack inre polar bears as if that's what we need to sort about.

Are you guys so effing stupid as to think you're scoring points with this crap? You are - for us.

“"Tanners Flat" U dummy”

Location hidden

#29235 Aug 18, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You painted a nightmare like what happened to poor Nigeria.
We know too much, sucker.
Their argument for drilling more oil is like tobbacco's reasoning for wanting a person to smoke more often, short term gains that are soon replaced by long term pains.

It's more akin to a drug addicts mentality than a rational sane and sober review of it. Just like "Wimpy"(from Popeye) they will gladly agree to pay on tuesday to have that hamburger today.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29236 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if you're worried about buying petroleum from despots and terrorists why not support keystone xl. most canadians i know are pretty nice people.
disasters will always occur....and will continue to be unavoidable. it's just part of nature, son. do you people think a tax is the solution for everything? lol
am i a commie?? lol no, son, i support free markets and freedom of choice. communism is an ideology your crowd seems to embrace.
i'm going to read brian g's posts everytime i see them going forward. he really gets you people riled up.....which can't be bad stuff!
Your failure to address his clear refutation of your disregard for the law of cause and effect has been noted. I predict that you will proceed to violate it with every other comment as you have been. Clearly, you are devoid of valid arguments or you wouldn't rely on this idiotic one so heavily.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29237 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>running people off of a public forum?? that's so typical of your crowd, son!! keep up the good work.
Is that your last post? LOL.

Nothing is good enough for you because you signed up to whine here.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29238 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
i just saw on the weather that temps in the south are unseasonably mild this weekend. maybe some hot heads that live down there should spend a little time outside today and reflect on things they previously assumed were known facts.
BINGO! Dumbazz denier fallacious argument #2 - again - but this time from our resident grand poobah of dumbazzes.

When you have no valid arguments, and you're dogmatically wedded to your position, you have no choice but to use invalid ones, even ones so obviously invalid, even when their fallacies have been revealed endlessly, on the thread, and recently.

If that's not a concession, what would be?

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#29239 Aug 18, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
The flow of shit from Keystone will go into producing diesel, commonly used to power vehicles, lol, especially in Europe.
lol
Germany and Japan are pulling ahead of us in electricity generation, and in sales of wind turbines and solar panels, commonly used to power buildings. lol
So you betray your country by remaining bound to the past.
lol
You may have missed this:
It is generally accepted that whoever is the first to play the "Hitler card" has lost the argument as well as any trace of respect, as having to resort to comparing your adversary to the most infamous mass-murdering dictator in history generally means
you've
run
out
of
better
arguments.
You had already violated Godwin's Law.
lol
LOL!!!

you can't get your facts straight to save your hide, son.

http://theenergycollective.com/josephromm/203...

you betray your country with your lack of knowledge on topics you're so committed to, saul.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29240 Aug 18, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Again if you took your own advice and become part of the solution, duh.
i'll be on board to any solution when it's clearly the correct approach. you're going on faith....not science.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29241 Aug 18, 2013
Yellow Star Seed is Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?...and just who am I?!?!?
someone who wonders why they're wasting time on topix?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#29242 Aug 18, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your last post? LOL.
Nothing is good enough for you because you signed up to whine here.
what are you whining about now, little tizzy fitter?

can't support, let alone prove, your position?? it's not my fault, son.
Kyle

United States

#29243 Aug 18, 2013
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
Opening the outer continental shelf to drilling would generate hundreds of thousands of new jobs, generate hundreds of billions of dollars in government revenue, and bring more oil to the world market, thereby lowering gas prices and reverse the decline of America. Federal bailouts of failing American "Clean Energy" firms (which Obama supported both as senator and president) reward inefficient and corrupt management, rob taxpayers, hurt smaller and more responsible private firms, exacerbate our budget problems, explode national debt, and destroy our US Dollar. Even more importantly, any bailout of such private industry is in direct violation of the constitution.
The effect on oil prices would be mild as this oil is generally toward the high end in terms of cost to produce. Some would be produced but that would not be the net increase in production. As the price would fall, other high cost sources would fail to come on line or expand production, partially offsetting it.

If one were to assume that a dictator would enforce maximum domestic production regardless of economics, then prices would fall much further, but only temporarily. The US simply doesn't have the reserves to affect large, long term changes in the oil market. Oil is very poorly distributed. The majority of global reserves lie under the ancient Tethys Sea. This is the modern day Middle East. The percentage of global reserves there continues to rise as we scour the planet and tap the non-ME fields.

The recent finds and developed fields in the US get a lot of press, but their impact is either ignored or exaggerated. For example, the Dakota fields' reserves were recently upped from 1 billion bbl to 2. Your type were ranting about how we could be self-sufficient inre oil in a few years. Reality? Those fields went from representing 50 days of US consumption to 100 days.

The offshore potential may be larger, but it doesn't materially affect the outcome. And don't pull that crap about conflating oil shale with conventional oil. I'll rip that to shreds.

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

#29244 Aug 18, 2013
Obama gave Solyndra $500,000,000 in taxpayer money and Solyndra shut its doors and laid off 1100 workers in August 2011 After Billions in Losses due to failure to make a solar product that works! If Europe wants to invest in more failure, let them do so and reap the losses, not American taxpayers. And, American military power is built on lots of cheap oil and nuclear power, not wimpy windmills. And, have you ever seen a windmill-powered Mercedes, for example? How many such autos were sold in Germany last year? Zero!

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

#29245 Aug 18, 2013
FAILURE is the name for those who invest in cheap energy:

Energy Conversion Devices: FAILURE – On February 14, 2012 Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy
Abound Solar: FAILURE - Abound Solar received a $400 million loan guarantee from Barack Obama announced in June, 2012 that it would file for bankruptcy
SunPower: FAILURE – SunPower stopped producing solar cells last year at near bankruptcy restructured only with help of, get this, oil giant TOTAL who owns 60% stake. Irony! Still struggling…
Beacon Power: FAILURE – Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy Oct 2011 just a year after Obama approved $43 million loan Government loan guarantee
Ecotality: FAILURE - ECOtality, a San Francisco green-tech company that never earned any money on the verge of bankruptcy after receiving roughly $115 million in two loan guarantees from Obama

WHY SHOULD AMERICAN TAXPAYERS INVEST MORE INTO FAILURE?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29246 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i'll be on board to any solution when it's clearly the correct approach. you're going on faith....not science.
Your delusions rule your posts!

You never post facts let alone a modicum of science, whiner.

Bwaaaaaahhhhhhh
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29247 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>what are you whining about now, little tizzy fitter?
can't support, let alone prove, your position?? it's not my fault, son.
Hey whiner, you whine to my conclusive point that you whine all the time. hhahahahahaha

As I posted before, you signed up to whine.

Go ahead:

International and national efforts to mitigate climate change are making little headway. In response to this slow progress and because of concerns about the local impacts of climate change, states, communities, colleges, churches, businesses, and other entities are addressing climate change directly by developing local mitigation plans.

Are you part of the solution?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you hear the one about ... 9 min FOVR 6
Judge orders Kentucky clerk jailed 2 hr FOVR 16
News In latest Taser suit against MPD, a pregnant pl... 2 hr cowboy chris 1
clinton probe extends to key aides 4 hr cowboy chris 70
Congressman John Kline runs away and hides 4 hr cowboy chris 4
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 15 hr _Zoey_ 321
Another Government FAILURE Vet benifits (Mar '13) 20 hr LIbErals 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages