Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#28683 Aug 5, 2013
Okay, fairy tale time is over for today. Go get a pb&j Sammy, mullet, then go draw for a while.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#28686 Aug 5, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Yep, I have intelligence & money & and you're pointless & funny. Poor rat, just a loser panting behind the big dogs....
i bet your wealth and intellect are only surpassed by your humility, right? Lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#28688 Aug 5, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Same guy who said I can't invest, right rat ???
Really sad, you're such a twit. LMAOROFU~!
you can invest? Wow! Does that mean you like or hate t strips now? Heehee
Can you tell me the current yield on 5 years, please? I'm sure a smart, rich, "investor" like you knows that stuff from the top of his head.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#28694 Aug 5, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Like I'll continue to say, we take turns.
Nobody likes the company of a child who doesn't know how to share or take turns.
I told you how many shares, now you tell me your +20% stock pick, this month or admit you're a mouthy moron...
Now GO ahead, coward.... prove you HAVE WORTH.
i already did that. I gave you instructions on how you could do the same, but you got short squeezed, penny stock.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#28695 Aug 5, 2013
Well, well, well, looks like the denier scum have been busy being scummy. Let’s look at how true to form they’ve been:

What’s Angered American done to advance science today?

1) I made the simple observation that his political rant was irrelevant to the validity of science. His response was another political rant.

2) He repeated retarded denier fallacy argument #2 (It’s cold somewhere,…) for the billionth time. Most impressive.

3) He then posted yet another political rant. Shocking, eh?

4) He employs Argumentum ad Populum Fallacy (“Millions arent buying the Agenda...”) as if the denial industry’s successful duping were evidence inre: the science.(face->palm)

5) When SpaceBlues even destroyed the basis of his particular usage of retarded denier fallacy argument #2, he responded with ... wait for it ... a link to another political argument.(I’m embarrassed FOR this moron)

6) In a response to riteupbriang’srectum, he levels a vague, bare assertion that the science is all llies. IOW, he explicitly adopts the conspiracy theorist banner.

7) He then posts a link to ... you guessed it.

8) The Integral deflated the “no warming since 1998” lie with the facts that anyone who thinks they’re equipped to debate GW should already know (yet no denier admits to knowing or is capable of acknowledging). He didn’t even respond; instead he posted a link to ... what a worthless f@%knugget!

Maybe Expert did better. Let’s see:
1) I had asked him how far back he thought the historical record of CO2 levels went and why he thought so (because he denied the science). SpaceBlues posted links to massive, organized repositories of summarized science with links to the primary sources. Expert dismissed it all with a flip insult.

2) He responds to my question by ... not responding at all; he merely hurled a childish insult,“called BS” on the science again, and gave a figure of 100,000 yrs while ignoring the request to explain why he thinks so. I suspect rectal extraction.

3) He comments again,“calls BS” again, invokes his figure again, gives no reason for it – again.

4) The Integral posts a link directly to the primary SCIENCE that shows that I’m correct. He (snicker) dismisses the primary source (peer reviewed in a top journal) with the RETARDED excuse that The Integral was “hiding behind links to avoid any accountable position.”! What a transparent DENIAL move!

5) The Integral spells out the facts from the SCIENCE.“EXPERT” disappears, thereby keeping the denier scum record of never admitting to any error or defeat intact.

6)“EXPERT” also disappeared without ever even acknowledging that his false dichotomy* was RETARDED. That’s the intellectual integrity we all have come to expect from denier scum.

*” So is your position that the Earth is fine tuned to support life and if the climate average increases then life will not be able to adapt to that change? Or do you hold the position that natural selection, random mutations and adaptation determine the evolution of life?”

(to be continued)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#28696 Aug 5, 2013
(continued)

Did Sunny fair better than the other scumsuckers?:

1) In response to me pointing out that he had just effectively conceded an argument by failing to acknowledge its refutation, he went off on a long-winded deliberate non-sequitur, sprinkled in some insults, and deliberately misspelled my name – in all caps – twice. Very compelling argument.(eyes rolling)

2) He made a comment inre: my question for EXPERT that was nothing but a childish insult.

3) He made a comment inre: my explanation of why EXPERT had posed a question based on a grossly illogical premise with ... another childish insult - only.

4) He responded to SpaceBlues pointing out that he was ignoring SCIENCE that was posted with “Hi I don't care thanks.” Another transparent DENIAL move by another transparent denier.

What are the odds that ritedownthemiddle has ceased to be the least honest person on the planet?:

1) He also commented inre: my explanation of why EXPERT had posed a question based on a grossly illogical premise with ... another childish insult - only. He could have ignored it. Clearly, it pisses him off when a denier fallacy or lie is revealed, even if it wasn’t his. Clearly, the truth is the last thing he cares about; why else would he defend a gross fallacy? Very badly, I might add.

2) He posted – in response to no one or any recent point – dumbazz denier fallacy #1, as if it had ever been revealed as being RETARDED.

3) He finishes this comment with a vague, bare assertion of the science being all lies, and thereby also donning the banner of conspiracy theorist.

4) He comments in response to SpaceBlues posting SCIENCE for the sole purpose of dismissing it with an insult.

5) He responded to The Integral’s thorough debunking of a very common denier lie by ignoring it completely and changing the subject to something so completely out of the blue that we were all subject to whiplash. How intellectually dishonest is that?

6) He (I truly believe in a deliberate attempt to bury denier implosions under mountains of BS) exchanges several infantile, insulting, off-topic comments with bushwacker.

Nope, ritedownthemiddle has only been slimy old ritedownthemiddle; no miracles today. What’s this? Could it be Brian_G? He only seems to crop up when ritedownthemiddle is imploding. And he usually posts the same retarded Argument from Consequences with no acknowledgement that it’s obvious nonsense because it cannot possibly have any bearing on the validity of the science of GW.

No prizes will be given for guessing the content of Lyin’ Brian’s comment.

What did I say to you worthless wastes of flesh? AGAIN FOR THE HARD OF THINKING:

“OK, denier scum. You regulars need to address the refutations of your BS in your very next posts. No repetitions of the BS without acknowledging them. Anything less is tantamount to an admission that the facts aren't on your side and you're engaged in willful ignorance.”

... SNIP ...

You know, just ANYTHING that's actually a fact based and rational argument.

Or just STFU and stop embarrassing yourselves. I'd suggest that you might admit your errors and accept the objective facts, but monkeys will fly out of your butt before you'll develop that level of intellectual integrity."

D_O__Y_O_U__U_N_D_E_R_S_T_A_N_ D_?!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#28700 Aug 6, 2013
Ask your teachers, what's the most compelling experiment for climate change mitigation they've found. If they describe something that doesn't test man made greenhouse gas on Earth's climate; there's your proof this isn't hard science.

“Wise up Rise up”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#28702 Aug 6, 2013
It NEEDS to get hotter

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#28704 Aug 6, 2013
Looks like someone confuses their opinions with facts. Looks like someone needs a timeout. Looks like someone is having a hissy fit.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#28705 Aug 6, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Ask your teachers.... what the cost would be for your model, offer to pay for it, and prove you'd understand it...or you have no point, endlessly.
I'm not writing about models, I'm writing about experiments and how they are used to test and refine theories. It's not my job to pay for your bad science.
worried

Seattle, WA

#28706 Aug 6, 2013
The Integral wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should change your moniker, since you are no expert.
Please read the following article and get back to me with your response:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v429/n69...
oh but 'integral', that would mean all of the warmers fell for the failed politican b.s. and were wrong all the way.
worried

Seattle, WA

#28707 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not writing about models, I'm writing about experiments and how they are used to test and refine theories. It's not my job to pay for your bad science.
oh but 'brian', we all pay for the 'bad science' of global warming. if I could get funding, I would proove it to you.
worried

Seattle, WA

#28708 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not writing about models, I'm writing about experiments and how they are used to test and refine theories. It's not my job to pay for your bad science.
oh but 'brian' someone has to pay for it. bad science is all the rage nowadays. you might get famous.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#28709 Aug 6, 2013
Sunny wrote:
Me think KYLE had a melt down.
Me think you know you can't deny anything I wrote. Me think your failure to address with substance is - again - a clear concession. Me think no denier is intellectually honest enough to ever concede anything. Anything. Ever. I've yet to see it in the years that I've dealt with them.

That is a classic trait of copnspiracy theorists and other cranks. They never concede anything. They will insist that black is white first. They'll gladly appear retarded while insisting that a grossly fallacious argument is valid.

Thanks for playing. All rational people here know how it went down and that's the point. Nothing defeats liars and cranks better than keeping them posting. You effed yourself, moron.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#28710 Aug 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Ask your teachers, what's the most compelling experiment for climate change mitigation they've found. If they describe something that doesn't test man made greenhouse gas on Earth's climate; there's your proof this isn't hard science.
See? Here's Lyin' Brian willing to appear retarded because he can't possibly concede to the idiocy of this mantra.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#28711 Aug 6, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
Looks like someone confuses their opinions with facts. Looks like someone needs a timeout. Looks like someone is having a hissy fit.
Looks like another denier f#&knugget can't refute what I posted. Looks like another denier f#&knugget is incapable of conceding anything. Looks like another denier f#&knugget dogmatically maintains unsupportable positions.

Looks like a concession to me.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#28712 Aug 6, 2013
A Republican Case for Climate Action
By WILLIAM D. RUCKELSHAUS, LEE M. THOMAS, WILLIAM K. REILLY and CHRISTINE TODD WHITMAN
Published: August 1, 2013, New York Times

EACH of us took turns over the past 43 years running the Environmental Protection Agency. We served Republican presidents, but we have a message that transcends political affiliation: the United States must move now on substantive steps to curb climate change, at home and internationally.

There is no longer any credible scientific debate about the basic facts: our world continues to warm, with the last decade the hottest in modern records, and the deep ocean warming faster than the earth’s atmosphere. Sea level is rising. Arctic Sea ice is melting years faster than projected.

The costs of inaction are undeniable. The lines of scientific evidence grow only stronger and more numerous. And the window of time remaining to act is growing smaller: delay could mean that warming becomes “locked in.”

A market-based approach, like a carbon tax, would be the best path to reducing greenhouse-gas emissions, but that is unachievable in the current political gridlock in Washington. Dealing with this political reality, President Obama’s June climate action plan lays out achievable actions that would deliver real progress. He will use his executive powers to require reductions in the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the nation’s power plants and spur increased investment in clean energy technology, which is inarguably the path we must follow to ensure a strong economy along with a livable climate.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#28713 Aug 6, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like another denier f#&knugget can't refute what I posted. Looks like another denier f#&knugget is incapable of conceding anything. Looks like another denier f#&knugget dogmatically maintains unsupportable positions.
Looks like a concession to me.
a tornado in Oklahoma looks to you like a direct cause from co2 emissions, too. But that's not the case either, son. Unless you can support your positions I'll just accept your rants as a concession to not knowing much at all about most things you post about.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#28714 Aug 6, 2013
Maybe the alarmists should put a real scientist on the forum. These jokers only make their position seem weaker by the post.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#28715 Aug 6, 2013
Kyle wrote:
A Republican Case for Climate Action
By WILLIAM D. RUCKELSHAUS, LEE M. THOMAS, WILLIAM K. REILLY and CHRISTINE TODD WHITMAN
Published: August 1, 2013, New York Times
EACH of us took turns over the past 43 years running the Environmental Protection Agency. We served Republican presidents, but we have a message that transcends political affiliation: the United States must move now on substantive steps to curb climate change, at home and internationally.
There is no longer any credible scientific debate about the basic facts: our world continues to warm, with the last decade the hottest in modern records, and the deep ocean warming faster than the earth’s atmosphere. Sea level is rising. Arctic Sea ice is melting years faster than projected.
The costs of inaction are undeniable. The lines of scientific evidence grow only stronger and more numerous. And the window of time remaining to act is growing smaller: delay could mean that warming becomes “locked in.”
A market-based approach, like a carbon tax, would be the best path to reducing greenhouse-gas emissions, but that is unachievable in the current political gridlock in Washington. Dealing with this political reality, President Obama’s June climate action plan lays out achievable actions that would deliver real progress. He will use his executive powers to require reductions in the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the nation’s power plants and spur increased investment in clean energy technology, which is inarguably the path we must follow to ensure a strong economy along with a livable climate.
hey, "Kyle", how will a tax save the polar bears and climate? i need an explanation on that one!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) 37 min LIbEralS 25
GOP Biased Rasmussen Polls: Dayton, Franken Lea... 1 hr T-bro 7
Sick religion 1 hr cantmakeitup 9
Your Next President 2 hr cantmakeitup 11
So what happens to all the dire Obamacare predi... 2 hr Joey Zaza 3
Share 4 hr cowboy chris 1
I hate british people 6 hr LIbEralS 43
•••
•••
•••