Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
26,561 - 26,580 of 32,140 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

July ends with record chill; what will August bring?

More than 10 times as many record lows were set than record highs.

Monthly record low temperatures were set or tied from California to Georgia

Temperatures dipped into the upper 30s in the Dakotas and northern Minnesota last weekend

Much of the country should stay cool for the first and second weeks of August

A record-setting cool snap that covered much of the country over the past week is forecast to continue into early August, forecasters said.

How cool? Over the last week of July, there were more than 10 times as many cold-temperature records (519) set than heat records (42), according to the National Climatic Data Center.

The center also said that several monthly record-low temperatures were set or tied from as far west as California to as far east as Georgia.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2013/07...

For all you warmists, this is good news, isn't it?

So spare me the grief.
never believed

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

what a bunch of sheep all you believers are ...It's the sun stupid...get it ....if you don't believe me then explain why the other planets also had a rise in temp? We sure don't live there...lol al gore sure couldn't answer the question and left the podium

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>How, what, evasive one?
How are you a loser, poser, liar, idiot, troll, and POS?
Already answered in detail - the detail you evaded by dismissing it as "bloviating".
How do you continue being a loser, poser, liar, idiot, troll, and POS? I don't think you're compensated financially; no one would pay you because you discredit denial like few deniers can. I think you're both an extreme dogmatic ideologue AND a borderline head case of a troll; seeking maximum attention, even if - or especially if - it's negative attention.
A brief listing of just your failures in the immediate past includes:
You dismissed the real science of global warming and claimed that the "real" science was in opposition. I asked for that science. You changed the subject completely. STRIKE ONE!
You dismissed science that uses qualifiers rather than invoking absolutes. I pointed out that this is a position only held by scientific illiterates. You evaded. STRIKE TWO!
You've evaded yet again the multiple, definitive hallmarks of GHE warming. The pattern of warming is consistent with the OBVIOUS physics of the GHE diurnally, seasonally, and geographically, as is the cooling of the stratosphere. All are 180deg from the predicted patterns if the forcing function behind warming were solar output, Melenkovich cycles, etc.(Of course, we also know that these aren't the culprit by other means as well.) STRIKE THREE!
Now, show us again what a dishonest weasel you are by failing to address any of it, by repeating a non sequitur - again, or spouting lies that have been revealed as such a million times.
i'm still in the batters box, son. get serious!!! pick up a mitt and get in the game, dumbmutt.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
IMMR
52-Week Range $4.15 - 16.73 or 180%
GAD, you mean to tell me, I gave you morons a stock that's increased +180 % and all you do is...
MISS THE MONEY ????
No wonder you whine ~!
Gee.... JUST TODAY you "geniuses" missed +10%...
No wonder you whine, you're LOSERS ~!
Gotta be tough, being handed MONEY and letting it SLIP THRU YOUR FINGERS ????
Gee gals, looks like a trail even a dumb dog can follow...
LMAO@U!! you keep going on and on boasting about some paper trade (which means you never actually executed a real one) on some thread months ago. your dumb azz acts like you think you're warren buffet now!!!
psssst.....why do you bring your lies from another thread to this one? you only look more stupid. JUST LIKE SPACED OUT TOLD YOU.
LOL
180% on 4 bucks ain't nothing for a real trader to talk smack about, son. if you weren't so blatantly stupid you'd realize that fact.
bwaaaaahaahahahahahahahahahaha

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

never believed wrote:
what a bunch of sheep all you believers are ...It's the sun stupid...get it ....if you don't believe me then explain why the other planets also had a rise in temp? We sure don't live there...lol al gore sure couldn't answer the question and left the podium
they think politicians are in it for the good of humanity. they don't care what difference man made co2 mitigation makes. they are brainwashed to hate capitalism in almost any form, and 'big oil' specifically. sheep.....good description.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

i wonder why the moderator took my photo down??? must be a liberal who got tired of me shoving facts down the "fairy tales" throat.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

never believed wrote:
what a bunch of sheep all you believers are ..
You believe that, of course, Mr. Sheep. The difference is that the other side has FACTS to base their convictions. You have rhetoric and demagoguery.
never believed wrote:
It's the sun stupid...get it
You will have to define what 'it' is if you want to present that. If you mean AGW, you are of course, wrong in sum, yet correct in a minor way. The sun is the source of the energy. But it is not the reason that the temperature (stored energy) of the planetary surface is increasing.
never believed wrote:
....if you don't believe me then explain why the other planets also had a rise in temp?
Not all of them have. Each one that does will have a specific reason, such as Mars being in the 'closer approach' of it's relatively eccentric orbit. That changes in the sun is not causing a warming in any of the planets is well documented by the instruments that measure the 'solar constant' which has not significantly changed over the last century.
never believed wrote:
We sure don't live there...lol al gore sure couldn't answer the question and left the podium
Or he got disgusted by the stupidity of Mr. Sheep who propounds question that make no sense and then complains when nobody will answer him.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>co2 mitigation impacting climate change.....now there's a myth. actually more like a half baked ideological position adopted by the foolish sheep of the world.
What do Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and George W. Bush have in common?

EPA administrators who worked for all of those presidents came out in support of stronger actions on climate change. They all support President Barack Obama's stronger stand on climate change !
http://grist.org/news/former-republican-epa-c...

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>What do Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and George W. Bush have in common?
EPA administrators who worked for all of those presidents came out in support of stronger actions on climate change. They all support President Barack Obama's stronger stand on climate change !
your crowd are all ideologues, you included, son. THAT'S EASY TO SEE!!! so.....tell me, did my post say democrats only??? politicians are all alike to a degree. i see them all what they are. your whacked out crowd just swallows the jizz of liberal democrat indoctrination. there are good and bad people who vote democrat just as there are republicans. you liberal idiots only care about demeaning those with differing views.... and dividing the country. funny how so many libs drive cars with bumper stickers saying 'celebrate diversity' when so many of you seem to abhor that concept.

you people act like your argument is won and settled.........but none of you can seem to answer the question, "what will man made co2 mitigation in our country do to benefit the global climate?" when you have a definitive answer on that.....the science will be settled. don't hate people who aren't a knee-jerk-frontporch-reactiona ry. those types of minds never prevail. saner minds do.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>What do Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and George W. Bush have in common?
based on the posts i read here and on other threads....i would think a republican endorsement would make you more skeptical of climate change than to settle the matter for a free thinker like myself. just saying.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that, of course, Mr. Sheep. The difference is that the other side has FACTS to base their convictions. You have rhetoric and demagoguery.
let's ask you a non-rhetorical question. what facts do you have that man's actions or inactions will alter climate change? i haven't seen those facts. i've seen many examples of coincidences cited.....but that's it. reload.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

never believed wrote:
but....but....but you don't understand!!! the sun doesn't offer a revenue stream to big government and political huxsters, so it can't be held responsible. nor can water vapor...or methane. deforestation, though leveling, can't be the culprit either (not enough money to feed the pig). only a minor trace gas can be identified from fossil fuels as the culprit!!! now that kind of taxation has some mileage for these clowns!!!
The Integral

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Owl Gore wrote:
Unlikely Skeptic: A Liberal Environmentalist Challenges Global Warming Theory
Dr. Denis Rancourt speaks to Marc Morano on his views on the politics and science of global warming. "They look to comfortable lies" says Rancourt with regard to global warming believers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Physicist Dr. Denis Rancourt, a former professor and environmental science researcher at the University of Ottawa, has officially bailed out of the man-made global warming movement.
In a hard-hitting and exclusive new exclusive video just released by Climate Depot, Dr. Rancourt declares that the entire man-made global warming movement is nothing more than a "corrupt social phenomenon." "It is as much psychological and social phenomenon as anything else," Rancourt, who has published peer-reviewed research, explained in a June 8, 2010 essay.
Now I know where the climate change deniers get their information. Global Depot. What a bunch of biased articles. Rancourt is a tenured professor that was kicked off of the campus. He also believes that ozone depletion was a hoax. What a nut case.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

The Integral wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know where the climate change deniers get their information. Global Depot. What a bunch of biased articles. Rancourt is a tenured professor that was kicked off of the campus. He also believes that ozone depletion was a hoax. What a nut case.
LOL....what a 'comfortable lie" and typical response from a left wing ideologue. attack the messenger while ignoring the message. you people are so transparent.

ohhhhhh. it's only the scientist who agree with your agenda who are to be so trusted!!!! got it!!! thanks for your 'scientific observation', gourd head.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>let's ask you a non-rhetorical question.
It is more of a CLUELESS question. Which you excel in.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text> what facts do you have that man's actions or inactions will alter climate change?
Basically the 'cause and effect' logic of modern reasoned science. Or, if you are a total dick, try 'if it hurts when you do this, stop doing this'. Nuff said? Of course, it requires some faith in cause and effect, which the religious and the necromancers dispute. Which are you?
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i haven't seen those facts.
Yes. I am sure that you rigorously avoid any science theory or publication. So? Your ignorance does NOT constitute an rebuttal.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text> i've seen many examples of coincidences cited..
Please cite such a citation and then demonstrate that it IS 'just coincidence'. Most science requires a logical causation as well as correlation and every science paper I have seen does establish such causation. Where do you get your reading material. Pampers?
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>.but that's it. reload.
More like retard. But facts continue to demonstrate their existence when minds like yours rebel. That is reality.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Gored heads are coming to get you.
The Integral

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....what a 'comfortable lie" and typical response from a left wing ideologue. attack the messenger while ignoring the message. you people are so transparent.
ohhhhhh. it's only the scientist who agree with your agenda who are to be so trusted!!!! got it!!! thanks for your 'scientific observation', gourd head.
Please provide a reference that indicates that global warming is not occurring.

Here is a reference for you. Please read it carefully and get back to me.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence

Peter Christoff, writing in The Age (2007), said that climate change denial differs from skepticism, which is essential for good science. He went on to say that "almost two decades after the issue became one of global concern, the 'big' debate over climate change is over. There are now no credible scientific skeptics challenging the underlying scientific theory, or the broad projections, of climate change."

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Glob Glob warming

Tee Heee!

Big Red Ball in Sky!!!!!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

The Integral wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide a reference that indicates that global warming is not occurring.
Here is a reference for you. Please read it carefully and get back to me.
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence
Peter Christoff, writing in The Age (2007), said that climate change denial differs from skepticism, which is essential for good science. He went on to say that "almost two decades after the issue became one of global concern, the 'big' debate over climate change is over. There are now no credible scientific skeptics challenging the underlying scientific theory, or the broad projections, of climate change."
1,122 Record Cold Temps in the U.S. in one week

July in the USA ends on a frigid note as record cold outpaces warmth nearly 10 to 1

71% Of The US Below Normal Temperature in 2013

South America in massive deep freeze
litesong

Stanwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

middleofthedownwronggully wrote:
a free thinker like myself.......
You mistake "wind through the belfry" with proper thinking. You never earned a science or mathematics degree. Did you ever pass a science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc class while poorly receiving a hi skule DEE-plooomaa? Not sure you got the hi skule DEE-plooomaa?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••