Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
26,241 - 26,260 of 32,447 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27895 Jul 16, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
I'm so glad you're you....and I'm not.
you actually posted something i can agree with!!!

amazing!!!

lol!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27896 Jul 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
There are no experiments to support the concept of climate change mitigation.
So what? You already believe we are mitigating climate change.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27897 Jul 16, 2013
(Reuters)- New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), the biggest transportation network in North America, is selling a $125 million "catastrophe" bond designed to cover the costs of damage from a future storm or hurricane, investors said on Monday.

The MTA, which suffered a $5 billion hit from Hurricane Sandy in October 2012, will be able to offload the risk of incurring similar storm-related losses to investors, who will receive a yield in return for agreeing to pick up future repair bills.

New York is preparing for an increase in severe weather after Sandy caused more than $30 billion of damage in the state. The city has just announced a $20 billion infrastructure plan to boost its storm defenses, and the state now includes a warning about severe weather threats in its bond prospectuses.

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>

I pity those investors.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27898 Jul 16, 2013
Adapting to a new planet.

http://www.bing.com/news/apiclick.aspx...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27901 Jul 16, 2013
He possibly lives on cobra venom.

http://www.nutrapharma.com/presskit/paulreidi...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27902 Jul 16, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I made no analogy between Global Warming & a car, I made an analogy between dumb requests. You're clearly on psychotropics & unable to see reality, from your pile of shyt & fly eyes....
You earlier said you sleep with the dead, which accord to your "logic" means you want mankind to EXPIRE, right fly liar ! LMAOROFU~!
i told you she was alive when i violated her. can't you comprehend? you can read, right?

reality is what you and your crowd choose to ignore, son. don't try to pass your bad habits onto the rest of us.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27905 Jul 16, 2013
(Reuters)- The World Bank's board on Tuesday agreed to a new energy strategy that will limit financing of coal-fired power plants to "rare circumstances," as the Washington-based global development powerhouse seeks to address the impact of climate change.

The Bank will amend its lending policies for new coal-fired power projects, restricting financial support to countries that have "no feasible alternatives" to coal, as it seeks to balance environmental efforts with the energy needs of poor countries.

The impact of this energy strategy may not be seen immediately, since bilateral donors and the private sector will still continue to finance coal. Some analysts hope the new strategy could send a signal that coal is a risky investment and prompt countries to turn to alternative energy sources.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27908 Jul 17, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>So, deniers are liars... No news there, fly speck.
are they? Are you calling me a liar, son? Lol....you seem to step in it every post!!
Co2 mitigation hasn't been shown to change anything relating to climate.
Show me that I'm lying. You should have a study handy to prove I'm lying.
Unless.......you're lying!!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27909 Jul 17, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>uhhhh....if you posted to someone......you didn't exactly ignore him/her.
you know what i mean?????
Yes, I do.

LOL.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27910 Jul 17, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
(Reuters)- The World Bank's board on Tuesday agreed to a new energy strategy that will limit financing of coal-fired power plants to "rare circumstances," as the Washington-based global development powerhouse seeks to address the impact of climate change.
The Bank will amend its lending policies for new coal-fired power projects, restricting financial support to countries that have "no feasible alternatives" to coal, as it seeks to balance environmental efforts with the energy needs of poor countries.
The impact of this energy strategy may not be seen immediately, since bilateral donors and the private sector will still continue to finance coal. Some analysts hope the new strategy could send a signal that coal is a risky investment and prompt countries to turn to alternative energy sources.
Well, this method curtailed nuclear expansion.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#27911 Jul 17, 2013
Nancy Willing 's Delaware Way blog had a very good entry on the proceedings of the Governor Jack Markell -appointed Coastal Zone Industrial Board on The Sierra Club appeal of a air quality permit granted to PBF Energy(new owner of Delaware City Refinery) "Delaware Sierra Club

The &#8234;#&#8206;Coastal Zone&#8236; industrial board has gone "off the record" again to deliberate over whether we have standing. &#8234;#&#8206;cza &#8236;.

@GovernorMarkell-appointed Coastal Zone Industrial Board has voted to approve the refinery's motion to dismiss our appeal based on standing." http://delawareway.blogspot.com/2013/07/coast...

I believe that 'what's next?' must be to convince the Jack Markell Administration and the controlling PBF Energy Industry to show us that they have a more committed 'standing' in our community-- respect the laws in the Coastal Zone Management Act and give us more energy alternatives that help reduce our petroleum dependency. President Barack Obama has told us 'what's next' and his "Invest.Divest" is a very interesting political strategy. President Obama - We Got His Back,“Convince those in power to reduce our carbon pollution. Push your own communities to adopt smarter practices. Invest. Divest. Remind folks there’s no contradiction between a sound environment and strong economic growth.”-President Barack Obama. Let's take the Climate fight to the Universities and College Campuses which are the main labor resource for the controlling power and energy industry. " With small, orange squares representing its cause, Fossil Free UD, a campus campaign that aims to encourage university administration to divest from fossil fuel companies, has submitted a proposal to Student Government Association that will be voted on next week.

The proposal, which will be brought in front of SGA Senate next Tuesday, has the mission of freezing investments in fossil fuel companies from the university’s endowment by 2018. Senior Jock Gilchrist*, founder of Fossil Free UD, said a university administrator confirmed over email that though the university does not disclose individual company investments, it does invest in “fossil fuel related companies.”

The university’s endowment topped $1.13 billion in 2012, making it the 67th highest endowment among universities, according to the National Association of College and University Business Officials.

By divesting, the university can make a statement about fossil fuel companies that “exploit the Earth of its natural resources,” Gilchrist said." http://www.udreview.com/news/student-group-se...
Lacky

Saint Paul, MN

#27913 Jul 17, 2013
Dead teenager wrote:
Damm it's hot out there.
Why did I ever question Global Warming?
See See See, it's HOT OUT, Al Gore is right!!
Simple explanations for simple minds.
Bushwhack r

Seattle, WA

#27927 Jul 17, 2013
US Huh

Virginia Beach, VA

#27928 Jul 17, 2013
Dead teenager wrote:
Damm it's hot out there.
See See See, it's HOT OUT, Al Gore is right!!
Exactly. To all those who doubt global warming, think about this, in December the average temp here was in the 40's, now in July it's been in the 80's. Please stop global warming God.
US Huh

Virginia Beach, VA

#27929 Jul 17, 2013
Bushwhack r wrote:
Simple Minds rocked. But then again, I'm just a simple man. One car, one house, and no yacht. I wonder if those who champion global warming can say that? Can you Mr. Kennedy, Ted Turner, and last but not least, well actually he did finish second in the 2000 election, Mr Al Gore. You lost to GW, YOU SUCK!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27930 Jul 17, 2013
Folks still smoke, does that disprove cancer ???

Nice "work", nut-so....

Cure stupidity next, post less...
US Huh

Virginia Beach, VA

#27932 Jul 17, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Nice "work", nut-so....
Uh, I am agreeing with you. Global warming exist. Last December the temps were in the 40's now in July it's in the 90's. Geez.
P.S. How do you know smoking causes cancer? Are you a doctor?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27933 Jul 17, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Nice "work", nut-so....
can you prove smoking is the only cause of cancer?

heeeheeeeheee......you think i'm every poster who blows you out of the water.

i live rent free inside your empty head!!!

bwahahahahahahahaaa

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27934 Jul 17, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
PS- Moniker changed moronic mutt....
you 'think' i'm the other poster who gave you another 'facial'?????

haaahaaahaaa....you're soooooo screwed up and stupid, son.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27935 Jul 17, 2013
Dead teenager wrote:
Damm it's hot out there.
because you're not as stupid and gullible as say......bushwhacker??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game 52 min _Zoey_ 82
Abbott Northwestern Hospital any good? 1 hr Abdual The Exterm... 13
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 1 hr Abdual The Exterm... 38
Minnesota’s Martyrs: The Path to Paradise 1 hr Capt Crunch 4
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 1 hr Capt Crunch 10
Dem senator claims male colleague told her: Don... 2 hr Think about it 5
Adrian Peterson: I'd play for Cowboys 3 hr Baby Adrian Daddy II 3
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating