Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27704 Jul 11, 2013
I'll take your bet !!!

"Never" right liar.......<SMIRK>

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/minneapolis-m...
post #20 "Perhaps, someone who controlled @10k shares ???"

Done the math, yet broke & dumb ?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT DUMMY BROKE MORONIC DADDY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZT !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27705 Jul 11, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
¿Bushwanker?
¿Bushtosser?
Juvenile "man", who has no business in American politics ....

Oh right, you spam vote & call other deniers LIARS... WELCOME ! LMAOROTFU~!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#27706 Jul 11, 2013
Since when has Topix been restricted to American politics, or even Americans Bushwanker?

And since when has Glowbull warming been American politics, Bushtosser?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#27708 Jul 11, 2013
I'd love to see the hundreds of thousands of smaller state , city, and local governments become more able to cooperate with our United States Congress on pursuing President Barack Obama 's call for a unified Climate Action Plan for the United States. "A resilient, efficiency-driven economy re-imagines America’s cities in a way that capitalizes on four key characteristics:

Resource efficiency – Using the least amount of energy and other resources to create a good and productive quality of life for all citizens

Location efficiency – Smart development that concentrates housing, transit, jobs and amenities in a way that delivers fast, convenient, equitable and affordable connections

Landscape efficiency – Adjustment to urban terrains and land-use patterns that can productively absorb rainfall, avoid flooding, and recharge the aquifer

Distributed infrastructure – Decentralized and redundant systems, especially energy and transportation, that focus on local supply and demand" http://www.cnt.org/news/2013/06/26/climate-ch...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#27709 Jul 11, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
I'd love to see the hundreds of thousands of smaller state , city, and local governments become more able to cooperate with our United States Congress on pursuing President Barack Obama 's call for a unified Climate Action Plan for the United States. "A resilient, efficiency-driven economy re-imagines America’s cities in a way that capitalizes on four key characteristics:
But if you did that, what happens to 'rustbelt america' and the end or the domination of the US superpower over the world? Efficiency and excellence is what put Japan, for example, on the map. Same with China. When they can totally outperform US 'buggy whip' industry, the US will be toast. The US got where it is because of innovation. Now it is the dinosaur.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27710 Jul 11, 2013
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of opportunities
and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of difficulties.

Harry S. Truman
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27712 Jul 11, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
Since when has Topix been restricted to American politics, or even Americans Bushwanker?
And since when has Glowbull warming been American politics, Bushtosser?
Who said it was restricted, my point is you clearly aren't serious or invested enough to discuss like an adult.

Ps- Thanks, you reinforce my thoughts.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27713 Jul 11, 2013
PS- Love those icons, huh child ?
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#27714 Jul 11, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of opportunities
and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of difficulties.
Harry S. Truman
And the USA is getting darn pessimistic these days. Or entrenched wealth doesn't like change and the challenges that go with it. Take you pick.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#27715 Jul 11, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you did that, what happens to 'rustbelt america' and the end or the domination of the US superpower over the world? Efficiency and excellence is what put Japan, for example, on the map. Same with China. When they can totally outperform US 'buggy whip' industry, the US will be toast. The US got where it is because of innovation. Now it is the dinosaur.
'Rustbelt America' cities have the intensive, all-inclusive urban infrastructure, population density, mixed-use residential/commercial housing, closeness to mass transit alternatives, etc. already in place from the earlier historical period of its greatest growth and prosperity that gives it advantages over newer cities with more overextended suburban sprawl in achieving vast rewards for implementing energy efficiency plans.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27718 Jul 11, 2013
Wow. It's nice to see some rational posters here for a change. I was beginning to think I was the only sane person in a forum full of reactionary alarmist huxsters.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#27721 Jul 11, 2013
The price to pay for our planet in terms environmental and social to maintain a consumerist lifestyle and to wonder whether all those things that we believe are essential to really, begin to see things from a different prospective and with a minimalist lifestyle is rewarding to know that we do good even a little to our planet... http://www.minimalistgeneration.com/
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27722 Jul 11, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
Report: Climate change causing energy disruptions
WASHINGTON—Climate change and extreme weather already are causing disruptions in the U.S. energy supply that are likely to worsen as more intense storms, higher temperatures and more frequent droughts occur, the government says in a new report.
http://www.twincities.com/business/ci_2364055...
These little disruptions will add up as they become more widespread and numerous.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27723 Jul 11, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
I have probably lied thousands of times in my life, care to elaborate on which one you are talking about?
why should we bother, turnip? your entire reality is made up of lies.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27724 Jul 11, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
These little disruptions will add up as they become more widespread and numerous.
<yawn>
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27725 Jul 11, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>'Rustbelt America' cities have the intensive, all-inclusive urban infrastructure, population density, mixed-use residential/commercial housing, closeness to mass transit alternatives, etc. already in place from the earlier historical period of its greatest growth and prosperity that gives it advantages over newer cities with more overextended suburban sprawl in achieving vast rewards for implementing energy efficiency plans.
Yep. Think Chicago and Detroit are better prepared for change than Houston or Atlanta.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27726 Jul 11, 2013
minimalistgeneration wrote:
The price to pay for our planet in terms environmental and social to maintain a consumerist lifestyle and to wonder whether all those things that we believe are essential to really, begin to see things from a different prospective and with a minimalist lifestyle is rewarding to know that we do good even a little to our planet... http://www.minimalistgeneration.com/
More power to you if that's the kind of life you wish for. I'm going to pass. I do agree with your link to some extent. Many things aren't built to last in this day and age. Positive thinking is a good way to live. Maybe some of these alarmists will take note of that.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27727 Jul 11, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Think Chicago and Detroit are better prepared for change than Houston or Atlanta.
those two cities have no choice but to change........they're almost bankrupt! they've been listening to the whims of the few and spent themselves into oblivion because of it. the nonsense has to stop. here.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27731 Jul 11, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>those two cities have no choice but to change........they're almost bankrupt! they've been listening to the whims of the few and spent themselves into oblivion because of it. the nonsense has to stop. here.
Detroit is in trouble, yes. You think maybe the recession/lack of auto sales might have something to do with it?

Chicago is alive and vibrant.

You misunderstood (of course) what we were discussing. If you can't follow the subject, you really ought to stay out of it.

Especially when you post that right wingnut nonsense for which you have no proof.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27732 Jul 11, 2013
Despite mixed signals from warming ocean surface waters, a new re-analysis of data from the depths suggests dramatic warming of the deep sea is under way because of anthropogenic climate change. The scientists report that the deep seas are taking in more heat than expected, which is taking some of the warming off the Earth’s surface, but it will not do so forever.

"Some of the heat (from human-caused global warming) is going into melting sea ice and heating the surface, but the bulk is going into the oceans,” said climate researcher Kevin Trenberth of the National Center for Atmospheric Research, a coauthor on a new research paper reporting on the deep ocean warming in the journal Geophysical Research Letters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 9 min Jobs Lost 26,274
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 15 min balls on sgts face 72
Obama: Adrian Peterson Could Have Been My Son 22 min Billy Bob 4
Springtime in Chicago 1 hr LIbEralS 30
Minnesota governor calls for Adrian Peterson's ... 1 hr cowboy chris 32
Meet the Minnesota Vikings All-Arrested team 18 hr slacker love child 14
Space ace Molested as a Child 19 hr The MasterDebater 4
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••