Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27623 Jul 8, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Assed- " how many shares did you buy? you never answer that question. <smirk>"
Answered- "Perhaps, someone who controlled @10k shares ???"
My new name for you is "ignorance in action".
BZZZZZZZZtttTTT Dumb liar daddy ZZZZZZZ TTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!
im sitting on positions that make or lose more in a day than you made on your little paper trade, son. I made more on RIN's last month than your paper trade made if you actually bought the low and sold the high in the last year....which you didn't. I won't ask anything else from you, since you're pretty weak in substantiating your claims, son. It's the way of 100% of the liars I've come across. I'll just sit back and laugh at you! Lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27624 Jul 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Our country is moving in the wrong direction, we need to reduce regulations to enhance freedom, reduce high taxes to enhance economic activity and stop wasteful spending on green and renewable energy crony boondoggles. Just because Oil Barons used to monopolize lobbying government is no reason to except any cronyism, even from anti-capitalists.
Sorry Charlie, "trickle-down" has been forced on us for decades and look where we are. It's a fail.

Let's cut the subsidies to fossil fuel and increase them for renewables and see what happens.

It would be something like the giant subsidy given to the trucking industry at the expense of the railroads. That subsidy was called the Interstate Highway System. A side benefit went to a little joint called McDonald's, which in turn spawned many smaller clones.

Supporting renewables could be a gigantic stimulus to the American economy. Your economics are outdated and seriously flawed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27625 Jul 8, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>im sitting on positions that make or lose more in a day than you made on your little paper trade, son. I made more on RIN's last month than your paper trade made if you actually bought the low and sold the high in the last year....which you didn't. I won't ask anything else from you, since you're pretty weak in substantiating your claims, son. It's the way of 100% of the liars I've come across. I'll just sit back and laugh at you! Lol
i'm ??

No, you're a child, that should avoid the market. You've proven to be a sloppy liar & an inadequate lover, even for a necrophiliac....

Poor troll, math on 10k share is too tough ?? LMAOROFU~!

So, is your loser "life".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27626 Jul 8, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>i'm ??
"im" on an iphone.....is that all you got, turnip? small caps and text style messaging is all blowhards like you are deserve.

dummy.

liar.

whackjob.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27627 Jul 8, 2013
"are" is another unbaited hook im sure you can't resist, gomer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27628 Jul 8, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>i'm ??
No, you're a child, that should avoid the market. You've proven to be a sloppy liar & an inadequate lover, even for a necrophiliac....
Poor troll, math on 10k share is too tough ?? LMAOROFU~!
So, is your loser "life".
psssst.....you know even less about my love life than you do the markets, son.

bwahahahahahahaha

what a fuquing dolt!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#27629 Jul 8, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>climate always changes, skippy. what will mitigating co2 do to change that? admit it, son, you have no idea! lol
TRANS: "I'm denier scum, do I'm far too dishonest to admit that I was ever wrong on anything."

Concession noted. Dishonesty reaffirmed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#27630 Jul 8, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Sorry Charlie, "trickle-down" has been forced on us for decades and look where we are. It's a fail.
Let's cut the subsidies to fossil fuel and increase them for renewables and see what happens.
Stop all wasteful government spending, energy and fuel don't need government help in the market, else its just a boondoggle.

gcaveman1 wrote:
It would be something like the giant subsidy given to the trucking industry at the expense of the railroads. That subsidy was called the Interstate Highway System. A side benefit went to a little joint called McDonald's, which in turn spawned many smaller clones.
That "subsidy" is paid by fossil fuel consumers and producers; federal fuel taxes. Is gcaveman1 thinking the zero emission cars of the future won't need roads, they'll hover on anti-gravity gimbals? That 'subsidy' is used by everyone who wants to go somewhere or have goods or services delivered anywhere.

gcaveman1 wrote:
Supporting renewables could be a gigantic stimulus to the American economy. Your economics are outdated and seriously flawed.
And maybe, it will continue to produce the string of bankruptcies and broken promises, the empty plants and impoverished investors. We've been supporting renewables, green, solar and wind for forty years; doing the same thing but expecting different results is psychotic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27631 Jul 8, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>TRANS: "I'm denier scum, do I'm far too dishonest to admit that I was ever wrong on anything."
Concession noted. Dishonesty reaffirmed.
lol....your cluelessness is confirmed! Congratulations!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27632 Jul 8, 2013

BZZZzzzZZttTTT Dumb liar daddy ZZZzzZZZ TTTTTTTTTTTTT !!! LMAOROFU~!

I see YOUR portfolio, it's as impressive as you .... Oops !!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27633 Jul 8, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lol....your cluelessness is confirmed! Congratulations!!
Lied about my weather statement, my investment prowess, the meaning of investing vs speculating, my share number's posting, and sleeping with cadavers ...

Yee haw, you're piling up "credentials"

Rite is a poser, although a child that spells "throw" as "through"... would be MY FIRST CHOICE(cough, cough,*snicker*, snicker*)to interpret complicated concepts....(*snicker* snicker*)

The name calling & claims of superiority are a nice touch, but...only posers, pretenders, and children do that. Superior folks can provide proof, it abounds in OUR lives.

Poor, delusional, broke azz, moron.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27634 Jul 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Stop all wasteful government spending, energy and fuel don't need government help in the market, else its just a boondoggle.
<quoted text>That "subsidy" is paid by fossil fuel consumers and producers; federal fuel taxes. Is gcaveman1 thinking the zero emission cars of the future won't need roads, they'll hover on anti-gravity gimbals? That 'subsidy' is used by everyone who wants to go somewhere or have goods or services delivered anywhere.
<quoted text>And maybe, it will continue to produce the string of bankruptcies and broken promises, the empty plants and impoverished investors. We've been supporting renewables, green, solar and wind for forty years; doing the same thing but expecting different results is psychotic.
No, fool, I'm talking about the tax breaks and loopholes for fossil companies. Even not passing or enforcing certain regulations subsidizes their bad behavior and increases their profits.

The Interstate system was an unintentional subsidy to trucking companies. Modeled after the Autobahn, it was intended to make things faster and easier, not only for the family car, but for the rapid deployment of supplies and missiles during the Cold War it was birthed within.

The "failing green companies" is a denialist meme. The vast majority of those companies have met with success. You don't like them because you want to put more dirt in the air.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27635 Jul 8, 2013
The Geneva Association, a leading international insurance thinktank that examines trends in the global insurance industry, has published a report this week that identifies “a significant upward trend in the insured losses caused by extreme weather events.”

It warns that changes in climate mean insurance companies have entered a new, highly uncertain era, and must adapt to what it calls a “new normal” in assessing risks and setting pricing policies. Traditional ways of assessing such risks, based solely on analyzing historical data, are “increasingly failing.”

The report, Warming of the Oceans and Implications for the (Re)insurance Industry, says the world’s oceans have been warming significantly as the result of rising greenhouse gas emissions &#8722; and it is this warming that is the key driver of global extreme events.

<><><>< ><><><> <><>

Well, if insurance starts pressuring government, it won't be long before we'll see some changes in energy legislation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27636 Jul 8, 2013
Here's our boy Krauthammer, making some sense one time, back in 2009:

"High gas prices, whether achieved by market forces or by government imposition, encourage fuel economy. In the short term, they simply reduce the amount of driving. In the longer term, they lead to the increased (voluntary) shift to more fuel-efficient cars. They render redundant and unnecessary the absurd CAFE standards -- the ever-changing Corporate Average Fuel Economy regulations that mandate the fuel efficiency of various car and truck fleets -- which introduce terrible distortions into the market. As the consumer market adjusts itself to more fuel-efficient autos, the green car culture of the future that environmentalists are attempting to impose by decree begins to shape itself unmandated. This shift has the collateral environmental effect of reducing pollution and CO2 emissions, an important benefit for those who believe in man-made global warming and a painless bonus for agnostics (like me) who nonetheless believe that the endless pumping of CO2 into the atmosphere cannot be a good thing... If anthropogenic global warming is real, a reduction in driving and increase in fuel-efficiency is an unvarnished good. If anthropogenic global warming is as yet unproved, as I happen to believe, then the reduction in CO2 pumped into the atmosphere is a reasonable bet in conditions of uncertainty."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#27637 Jul 8, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
No, fool, I'm talking about the tax breaks and loopholes for fossil companies. Even not passing or enforcing certain regulations subsidizes their bad behavior and increases their profits.
The only 'subsidy' gcaveman1 specifies is the highway system. The loopholes mentioned above might apply to all producers with capital expense depreciation.

gcaveman1 wrote:
The Interstate system was an unintentional subsidy to trucking companies. Modeled after the Autobahn, it was intended to make things faster and easier, not only for the family car, but for the rapid deployment of supplies and missiles during the Cold War it was birthed within.
So, the interstates weren't built to subsidize fossil fuel, they were built to help defend America. Even now, since the trucking companies pay for road construction and maintenance from the taxes they pay for fuel.

gcaveman1 wrote:
The "failing green companies" is a denialist meme. The vast majority of those companies have met with success. You don't like them because you want to put more dirt in the air.
Solyndra is just one example of a bankrupt solar company that lost hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27641 Jul 9, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Poor, delusional, broke azz, moron.
poor lapdog whackey is posing and lying again.
Still waiting to see some substantiation to back up your big mouth. Lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27642 Jul 9, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Here's our boy Krauthammer, making some sense one time, back in 2009:
"High gas prices, whether achieved by market forces or by government imposition, encourage fuel economy. In the short term, they simply reduce the amount of driving. In the longer term, they lead to the increased (voluntary) shift to more fuel-efficient cars. They render redundant and unnecessary the absurd CAFE standards -- the ever-changing Corporate Average Fuel Economy regulations that mandate the fuel efficiency of various car and truck fleets -- which introduce terrible distortions into the market. As the consumer market adjusts itself to more fuel-efficient autos, the green car culture of the future that environmentalists are attempting to impose by decree begins to shape itself unmandated. This shift has the collateral environmental effect of reducing pollution and CO2 emissions, an important benefit for those who believe in man-made global warming and a painless bonus for agnostics (like me) who nonetheless believe that the endless pumping of CO2 into the atmosphere cannot be a good thing... If anthropogenic global warming is real, a reduction in driving and increase in fuel-efficiency is an unvarnished good. If anthropogenic global warming is as yet unproved, as I happen to believe, then the reduction in CO2 pumped into the atmosphere is a reasonable bet in conditions of uncertainty."
couldn't agree more. He didn't believe in the hoax then or now. He makes sense now as well.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-07-04...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27644 Jul 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The only 'subsidy' gcaveman1 specifies is the highway system. The loopholes mentioned above might apply to all producers with capital expense depreciation.
<quoted text>So, the interstates weren't built to subsidize fossil fuel, they were built to help defend America. Even now, since the trucking companies pay for road construction and maintenance from the taxes they pay for fuel.
<quoted text>Solyndra is just one example of a bankrupt solar company that lost hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.
I could specify more subsidies and loopholes if I thought it was worth it to waste more time arguing with you. But it isn't. The biggest I can think of without going back to my notes is the subsidy of not having to pay for dumping their garbage into the air and water.

So, pay attention. I never said the Interstate was a subsidy for fossil fuel. But it did certainly increase their sales.

"Solyndra is just one example of a bankrupt solar company" and the right's favorite whipping boy. This ignores the 90% of companies that were successful. It ignores the successes in Germany, Japan, and China that are enabling those countries to pull ahead of us in this arena.

You are good at ignoring important stuff. Ignoring makes you ignor-rant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27645 Jul 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>couldn't agree more. He didn't believe in the hoax then or now. He makes sense now as well.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-07-04...
Can't read?

"the endless pumping of CO2 into the atmosphere cannot be a good thing..."

"the reduction in CO2 pumped into the atmosphere is a reasonable bet in conditions of uncertainty."

Krauthammer, Frum, and others get taken to the woodshed by their puppetmasters when they slip up and tell the truth or make some kind of sense. Maybe he's signed the Koch pledge? Maybe they threatened to stop his checks?

Look at Norquist, McCain, Romney; they've all flip-flopped. Look at the fact that cap and trade originated with Republicunt economists. They can tell the truth until their controllers inform them that the truth is dangerous.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27647 Jul 9, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Lied about my weather statement, my investment prowess, the meaning of investing vs speculating, my share number's posting, and sleeping with cadavers ...
Actually, sparky, you lied about all these things....or tried to anyway. But you got busted on all points.
:-)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feminist mafia demonizes cosby 34 min Jethro 5
State Fair: Corn Dog Vs. Pronto Pup! (Aug '07) 1 hr onexpresso 59
The Politically Correct Religion in Politics 5 hr Culture Auditor 1
Vikings' Peterson says he'll never use a switch... 8 hr cowboy chris 3
Dear White People: Mayor Betsy Hodges is Not in... 8 hr cowboy chris 6
Bill cosby special drink 16 hr Space ace 4
Minneapolis man molests 10-year-old sleepover g... Sat Liberal 6
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis People Search