Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Comments (Page 1,304)

Showing posts 26,061 - 26,080 of29,883
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes, the irony of denier scum numero uno referencing another's failure to provide support. Simply breathtaking.
Still maintaining that GHG theory predicts a warming stratosphere, denier scum? Show us you possess an iota of decency and just admit that you were wrong on that one point. I'll bet you're incapable of it.
climate always changes, skippy. what will mitigating co2 do to change that? admit it, son, you have no idea! lol

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
Investing talk? How about "un-investing"?
America’s growing fossil fuel divestment movement may now be working with a higher power, as the first major US religious body has voted to divest its pension funds and investments from fossil fuel companies.
The United Church of Christ (UCC), a group of Protestant churches dating back to the 1600’s, approved a series of actions to divest its institutional investments from fossil fuel companies at its annual convention. UCC represents over 1 million members across nearly 5,200 US congregations.
Divestment didn’t happen overnight for UCC – the resolution took a year of internal negotiation to be approved with 72.5% of the vote – but it’s an important step for UCC’s mission of faith.“This resolution calls on each and all of us to make difficult changes to the way we live each day of our lives, in order to be part of the rescue of Creation,” said Don Hart, President of United Church Funds (UCF).
UCC’s decision follows similar divestment action by several US cites and colleges, and targets fully divesting by June 2018. The successful resolution was introduced by the Massachusetts Conference and backed by 10 of the UCC’s other conferences.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/06/united-...
free market capitalism....you gotta love it!! i think it's great that we have freedom of choice. why don't you?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Mai Lai wrote:
I've just came back from thailand last week and this time it's a bit hot in the evening and raining at night.sheesh...
"How does one go about applying for the new government program that allows a solar, wind project or other specified energy property to receive a cash grant from the U.S. Treasury in lieu of a 30% tax credit?-- Michael W., Hartford, CT.

Michael, I’m glad you asked. As someone who recently completed this process, I can tell that there are multiple steps but the process works.

The entire application is online. First, you go to the United States Department of the Treasury's Application Submission Page for payments in lieu of tax credits for specified energy property. These payments are authorized by Section 1603 of The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act's tax title signed into law on February 17, 2009. "..."The Obama administration and the U.S. Treasury have, in my opinion, made the government proud. They actually came up with an excellent idea – Cash instead of tax credits – and implemented it quickly and ahead of schedule!

In fact, they promise that after the application has been accepted as complete that they will review the document and pay the grant within 60 days. Sounds fast, doesn’t it? But I am here to tell you the good news. We applied for such a grant for our building, a 550-kW PV system at 60 Shelter Rock in Danbury CT on the first day that the government was accepting applications and we received our grant in the first round of grants via wire transfer in approximately 10 days from start to finish!" http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>free market capitalism....you gotta love it!! i think it's great that we have freedom of choice. why don't you?
Oh, I love freedom of choice. And i think these people are making the right choice.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I love freedom of choice. And i think these people are making the right choice.
thats fine, son. Everyone has their opinions. Maybe they'll make better ROI'S with solar or wind investments. Lol

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reform energy policy; we want a government that encourages the production and use of energy and fuel. Conservation is a policy of poverty.
Slew Theme Song

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
We're simply not that stupid.
Yes you are, Gay Slewsie.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

I see, the children are on the computer.... "Mastered" contractions, yet..child ?

Funny, you commenting on another poster, like a putz.

How long have you had a crush ?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Reform energy policy; we want a government that encourages the production and use of energy and fuel. Conservation is a policy of poverty.
And we continue to see your poverty of logic.

Your cause is dying. Your campaign is losing.

Truth will triumph.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

The GOP is a "nutshell". Lost 2 elections & still swearing their party will prevail, despite the bushwhacker's destruction of THEM.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
"We" see that has no end game, brain gone.... We're simply not that stupid.
"we're"???
don't bring others down to your level, son!!
you really are. lol

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Robert Reich had it exactly right why so many Republicans would rather tax students to help Wall Street banks than tax polluting Corporations . "We should be taxing polluters and not taxing students. The GOP has it backwards because its patrons want it that way." http://robertreich.org/post/54763907245
Repeal CitizensUnited and get Congress straightened out on its priorities.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>"we're"???
don't bring others down to your level, son!!
you really are. lol
Down to my level ?? Rite ... LMAOROTFU~

"Never" right liar.......<SMIRK>

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/minneapolis-m ...
"Perhaps, someone who controlled @10k shares ???"

Done the math, yet broke & dumb ?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT DUMMY BROKE DADDY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZT !

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Down to my level ?? Rite ... LMAOROTFU~
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/minneapolis-m ...
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT DUMMY BROKE DADDY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZT !
whatever link you provided "was not found".....maybe because it doesn't exist. like those paper trade profits, huh, bozo?
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

I'll take your bet !!!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/minneapolis-m...

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT DUMMY BROKE MORONIC DADDY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZT !
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Robert Reich had it exactly right why so many Republicans would rather tax students to help Wall Street banks than tax polluting Corporations . "We should be taxing polluters and not taxing students. The GOP has it backwards because its patrons want it that way." http://robertreich.org/post/54763907245
Repeal CitizensUnited and get Congress straightened out on its priorities.
Then, there's the Koch Pledge. Any who signed it will probably not sign anything with "climate" in it. Including a half dozen of my legislators.

Then there's the irony of "cap and trade" being a Republican concept....

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
I'll take your bet !!!
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT DUMMY BROKE MORONIC DADDY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZT !
lol....what does a link to "IMMR Down Again" have to do with anything? Were you short the stock, son? Do you know what that means? Where's your statement? You don't have to show your name on it "big shot". But....if you're not blowing smoke.....you really should put up or just shut up! I think you're just lying....as usual.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>anybody can look up a stock chart, son. how many shares did you buy? you never answer that question. <smirk>

I really LOVE, when you state your reality, as FACTS.... 9 hours earlier, liar....
Never, huh ???<SMIRK>

Necro, your food gathering "ability", for your fly family, is spot on. You're full of SHYT !!! LMAOROTFU~!!!

I have nothing to prove, to a PROVEN LIAR !!!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

You're just a faker throwing terms around without the background, just like investing & speculating.

The best shorts frequently are "shares unavailable".

Stay rite here blathering, it's safer, for you.

Please, stay outta the market, for your own good.

My new name for you is "ignorance in action".

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
And we continue to see your poverty of logic. Your cause is dying. Your campaign is losing. Truth will triumph.
Our country is moving in the wrong direction, we need to reduce regulations to enhance freedom, reduce high taxes to enhance economic activity and stop wasteful spending on green and renewable energy crony boondoggles. Just because Oil Barons used to monopolize lobbying government is no reason to except any cronyism, even from anti-capitalists.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 26,061 - 26,080 of29,883
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
On Climate, Business as Usual 6 min griddy 1
Will George Bush Ever Paint the Ghost of an Ira... 26 min griddy 1
Inside Paul Ryan, Inside the GOP 41 min griddy 1
LRT 4 deadly weapon assaults in Mpls in 2 days 45 min Ralph 6
EPA stonewalling 47 min Ralph 6
Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine 50 min Ralph 2
Mpls. considers plastic food containers banMpls... 52 min Ralph 5
•••
•••