Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27569 Jul 4, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
I support John Hanger for Pennsylvania Governor. http://www.hangerforgovernor.com/
Here is a good 4th of July blog post by John Hanger on our American struggle for good governance and individual civic responsible liberty. "This year’s 4th of July celebration also brings us the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, the turning point of our awful Civil War. The Union victory over the Confederacy that was sealed with the repulsion of Pickett’s desperate charge on July 3rd, 1863, echoes down through the last century and a half. It affirmed that the United States would indeed be committed to delivering on the promise of liberty for everyone.
The ultimate defeat of the southern rebellion settled some fundamental questions about the endurance of the experiment in self-governance that was and still is the United States of America – will we be bound by the rule of law and the process of politics, or will we settle disputes with violence? Are the blessings of liberty available to all, or only to privileged classes?" http://www.hangerforgovernor.com/thinking_abo...
An Associated Press analysis of federal payment records found that the government is still making monthly payments to relatives of Civil War veterans — 148 years after the conflict ended.

At the 10 year anniversary of the start of the Iraq war, more than $40 billion a year are going to compensate veterans and survivors from the Spanish-American War from 1898, World War I and II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the two Iraq campaigns and the Afghanistan conflict. And those costs are rising rapidly.

U.S. Sen. Patty Murray said such expenses should remind the nation about war’s long-lasting financial toll.

“When we decide to go to war, we have to consciously be also thinking about the cost,” said Murray (D-Wash.), adding that her WWII-veteran father’s disability benefits helped feed their family.

Alan Simpson, a former Republican senator and veteran who co-chaired President Barack Obama’s deficit committee in 2010, said government leaders working to limit the national debt should make sure that survivors of veterans need the money they are receiving.

http://blog.aarp.org/2013/03/20/u-s-still-mak...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27570 Jul 5, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>I really LOVE, when you state your reality, as FACTS.... 9 hours earlier, liar....
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/minneapolis-m...
post #20.
"Perhaps, someone who controlled @10k shares ???"
Never, huh ???<SMIRK>
Necro, your food gathering "ability", for your fly family, is spot on. You're full of SHYT !!! LMAOROTFU~!!!
your made up yarns equate to lying. You are aware of that, right, liar?
Lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27571 Jul 5, 2013
Your "made up" children, equate to insects, like weakass DOD ....

Necro- "how many shares did you buy? you never answer that question. <smirk>"

Never, huh ???<SMIRK>

Necro, your food gathering "ability", for your fly family, is spot on. You're full of SHYT !!! LMAOROTFU~!!!

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT DUMMY DADDY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZT !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#27572 Jul 5, 2013
"Never" right liar.......<SMIRK>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rite icon this too

Seattle, WA

#27574 Jul 5, 2013
Seems "rite" to do it over again, until you've got it rite...

Knock yourself out, blockhead.

So, if "rite" procreates with cadavers, are maggots or flies the progeny ??

Knowing how "strong" "rite" is in science, I figured YOU'D know, big daddy.....

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ DUMMY DADDY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Rite you're AN INSENSITIVE IDIOT !!!

You missed father's day !!! <SNICKER>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IMPORTANT Icon HERE

Seattle, WA

#27575 Jul 5, 2013
rite-raid- You're not jumping at the chance to inform the thread of all your knowledge about trading, investing, and speculating..

$4-$14 in 7 months....

Guess, you're wrong, again/always....

Men prove their words, you blather...

THERE'S A MILE WIDE GAP.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
IMPORTANT Icon HERE

Seattle, WA

#27576 Jul 5, 2013
"Never" right liar.......<SMIRK>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#27577 Jul 5, 2013
The price to pay for our planet in terms environmental and social to maintain a consumerist lifestyle and to wonder whether all those things that we believe are essential to really, begin to see things from a different prospective and with a minimalist lifestyle is rewarding to know that we do good even a little to our planet. http://www.minimalistgeneration.com/

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 13

Chatsworth, GA

#27578 Jul 5, 2013
I wonder if anyones gonna get rich from this scam? I bet a guy whose name rhymes with Mal Smore will see some interesting numbers.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#27589 Jul 6, 2013
LiBeRalS wrote:
<quoted text>Teabaggers sure have weird ideas about life.
Since, you live in mommie's basement, "everyone does", right L-O-S-E-R ~!
PS- Nice numbers you've made up, explains why you cannot earn any value in life.... Too stupid.... to realize, numbers have REAL meaning.
Isn't it cute to switch monikers ??
Poor child, you do play juvenile games...
PS- Ask your wife if I'm gay. Although, what I did to her was UNNATURAL !!!
How fitting that you should choose to use the LIbEralS moniker - very fitting for your posts.
Mai Lai

Manassas, VA

#27590 Jul 6, 2013
I've just came back from thailand last week and this time it's a bit hot in the evening and raining at night.sheesh...I felt that mold started to grow behind my back.gotta buy some fungicide whatsover.Last time my visit is "hot"(I'm cool with that...thai chicks) and now its getting hotter.Anyway thanks global warming!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27591 Jul 6, 2013
IMPORTANT Icon HERE wrote:
rite-raid- You're not jumping at the chance to inform the thread of all your knowledge about trading, investing, and speculating..
$4-$14 in 7 months....
Guess, you're wrong, again/always....
Men prove their words, you blather...
THERE'S A MILE WIDE GAP.
Then take a photo of your statement and post it. I'm sure you'll be as forthcoming with that as you were with your lawyers name and address,huh, lying poser?

bwahahhahahahaaa
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#27592 Jul 6, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Then take a photo of your statement and post it. I'm sure you'll be as forthcoming with that as you were with your lawyers name and address,huh, lying poser?
bwahahhahahahaaa
Ah yes, the irony of denier scum numero uno referencing another's failure to provide support. Simply breathtaking.

Still maintaining that GHG theory predicts a warming stratosphere, denier scum? Show us you possess an iota of decency and just admit that you were wrong on that one point. I'll bet you're incapable of it.
US Tourist

Manassas, VA

#27593 Jul 6, 2013
Maldives is getting inundated and nobody is going to bother about it?sheesh...thai sure is getting hotter this year.But I'm planning to visit it again next year!
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27594 Jul 6, 2013
Investing talk? How about "un-investing"?

America’s growing fossil fuel divestment movement may now be working with a higher power, as the first major US religious body has voted to divest its pension funds and investments from fossil fuel companies.

The United Church of Christ (UCC), a group of Protestant churches dating back to the 1600’s, approved a series of actions to divest its institutional investments from fossil fuel companies at its annual convention. UCC represents over 1 million members across nearly 5,200 US congregations.

Divestment didn’t happen overnight for UCC – the resolution took a year of internal negotiation to be approved with 72.5% of the vote – but it’s an important step for UCC’s mission of faith.“This resolution calls on each and all of us to make difficult changes to the way we live each day of our lives, in order to be part of the rescue of Creation,” said Don Hart, President of United Church Funds (UCF).

UCC’s decision follows similar divestment action by several US cites and colleges, and targets fully divesting by June 2018. The successful resolution was introduced by the Massachusetts Conference and backed by 10 of the UCC’s other conferences.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/06/united-...

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27595 Jul 6, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes, the irony of denier scum numero uno referencing another's failure to provide support. Simply breathtaking.
Still maintaining that GHG theory predicts a warming stratosphere, denier scum? Show us you possess an iota of decency and just admit that you were wrong on that one point. I'll bet you're incapable of it.
climate always changes, skippy. what will mitigating co2 do to change that? admit it, son, you have no idea! lol

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27596 Jul 6, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Investing talk? How about "un-investing"?
America’s growing fossil fuel divestment movement may now be working with a higher power, as the first major US religious body has voted to divest its pension funds and investments from fossil fuel companies.
The United Church of Christ (UCC), a group of Protestant churches dating back to the 1600’s, approved a series of actions to divest its institutional investments from fossil fuel companies at its annual convention. UCC represents over 1 million members across nearly 5,200 US congregations.
Divestment didn’t happen overnight for UCC – the resolution took a year of internal negotiation to be approved with 72.5% of the vote – but it’s an important step for UCC’s mission of faith.“This resolution calls on each and all of us to make difficult changes to the way we live each day of our lives, in order to be part of the rescue of Creation,” said Don Hart, President of United Church Funds (UCF).
UCC’s decision follows similar divestment action by several US cites and colleges, and targets fully divesting by June 2018. The successful resolution was introduced by the Massachusetts Conference and backed by 10 of the UCC’s other conferences.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/06/united-...
free market capitalism....you gotta love it!! i think it's great that we have freedom of choice. why don't you?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#27597 Jul 6, 2013
Mai Lai wrote:
I've just came back from thailand last week and this time it's a bit hot in the evening and raining at night.sheesh...
"How does one go about applying for the new government program that allows a solar, wind project or other specified energy property to receive a cash grant from the U.S. Treasury in lieu of a 30% tax credit?-- Michael W., Hartford, CT.

Michael, I’m glad you asked. As someone who recently completed this process, I can tell that there are multiple steps but the process works.

The entire application is online. First, you go to the United States Department of the Treasury's Application Submission Page for payments in lieu of tax credits for specified energy property. These payments are authorized by Section 1603 of The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act's tax title signed into law on February 17, 2009. "..."The Obama administration and the U.S. Treasury have, in my opinion, made the government proud. They actually came up with an excellent idea – Cash instead of tax credits – and implemented it quickly and ahead of schedule!

In fact, they promise that after the application has been accepted as complete that they will review the document and pay the grant within 60 days. Sounds fast, doesn’t it? But I am here to tell you the good news. We applied for such a grant for our building, a 550-kW PV system at 60 Shelter Rock in Danbury CT on the first day that the government was accepting applications and we received our grant in the first round of grants via wire transfer in approximately 10 days from start to finish!" http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/...
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27598 Jul 6, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>free market capitalism....you gotta love it!! i think it's great that we have freedom of choice. why don't you?
Oh, I love freedom of choice. And i think these people are making the right choice.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#27600 Jul 6, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I love freedom of choice. And i think these people are making the right choice.
thats fine, son. Everyone has their opinions. Maybe they'll make better ROI'S with solar or wind investments. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 4 hr American_Sons 18
Mall of America Protest 10 hr Go Blue Forever 34
Close, but no cigars -- or: A funny thing happe... 12 hr Medewiwin 8
Merry Christmas to all... 21 hr cantmakeitup 1
The New York City Mayor Wed Bobert Ne Nero 7
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! Wed CNN Reporter 21
Benghazi-Gate OBAMA not allowing access to surv... (Mar '13) Wed LIbEralS 330
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web