Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 34489 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#26122 May 25, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>MBA, but I got an undergraduate in "brown shirt bullshit identification".
You were an easy pick on the first post, son.
Now, flop around in the bottom of the boat with your butthole buddy for a while.
I gotta run out for a while....i might through you back when I return if you're nice!
The scientists are coming out conflicting Cook's claims. If GW is undeniable, why do you think these clowns are always fudging data and reports?
MBA....figured it wasn't a science based degree....so I suggest you leave the science to the professionals

so how about a link to those scientists that disagree with global warming

and to the fudged data

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26123 May 25, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>im in the office this morning, but when I get home I'll see if I can find the link for you and his comment. Lol....thanks for the youtube! It was funny watching him squirm and "explain" the variabilities. It was particularly funny when he got into a huff and said he didn't come to the UK to discuss the science. But went into his political activist mode about Canada strong arming the UK. He claims that tar sands are going to kill our children (no evidence) based on a theory. Aside from that.... If the UK doesn't get Canada tar sand oil they'll just shop in Venezuela ....where the oil is worse environmentally .
Speaking of evidence, where's it?

It is absent in your posts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#26124 May 25, 2013
A guy with ANY DEGREE misusing a single syllable word ? DOUBTFUL....

Through for throw ??? LMAOROTFU~!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26125 May 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, thank you, thank you.......SpaceBlues...... exactly what I've been saying for many years, when I discovered toxic topix AGW denier unbridled racism & abilities to threaten, shortly after beginning my posts on toxic topix.
From the article:
......the tea party ideology owes more to the paranoid politics associated with the John Birch Society — and even the infamous Ku Klux Klan
//////////
toxic topix AGW deniers have a high percentage of racists & outright threateners......... slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs & alleged & proud threateners.
In a court of law I will testify of the racism & threats my wife, I & my Native Tribal culture have received here on toxic topix AGW forums from toxic topix AGW deniers.'large lying language' was the most unapologetic racist, with kkk affiliations, here on toxic topix AGW forums to recruit other racists. bob burns was the deepest, & again, unapologetic threatener on toxic topix AGW forums. Many other toxic topix AGW deniers are racists & threateners, including 'lyin' brian', dirtling, & JRS. Many other toxic topix AGW deniers have defended racists & threateners. Many, many have been incarcerated or proudly belong to the toxic topix AGW denier racist & threatener 'brian_g'('lyin' brian') ganghood.
It is no coincidence that toxic topix AGW deniers are often racists & threateners, most with savagely conservative, self-righteous, tea party, libertarian &/or re-pubic-lick-un backgrounds.
np, litesong :)

You are welcome.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26126 May 25, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
A guy with ANY DEGREE misusing a single syllable word ? DOUBTFUL....
Through for throw ??? LMAOROTFU~!!!!
Other words, too.

But not name calling.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#26127 May 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
MBA....figured it wasn't a science based degree....so I suggest you leave the science to the professionals
Yes, business degrees only teach how to take money away from people that build companies' wealth, the scientists, technologists, developers, designers, blue collars, secretaries, & even minimum wage earners, & put that money in the hands of upper crust management, paper shufflers & people shovers. That's where all the $100 million dollar bonus, retirement & stock option packages go. Not satisfied with that, they even invented hedge funds in which billions of dollars are funneled to individuals.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#26128 May 25, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>let's break it down so even you can understand, son. yes, you implied that weather events have something to do with co2. NO, you didn't EXACTLY say word for word (which was your poor attempt to back track, duck, and dodge) what I posted.....I stated that immediately!!
but....you tried to make a connection to c02 and weather events....and i called you on it....then you tried to LIE your way out of it.
see?
should i scroll back and find your post again about the arctic currents swooping down through the rockies...or whatever?
mindless troll....
You did not call anyone out or refute them on climate change. There ARE 'connections' between weather and the rapidly rising CO2 greenhouse gasses emissions into our atmosphere that we've seen the past 30-40 years. It's been scientifically proved that the burning of fossil fuels at an accelerating rate today is causing extreme changes in our climate .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26129 May 25, 2013
"2012 was the ninth warmest year since records begun in 1850 and the 27th consecutive year that the global land and ocean temperatures were above the 1961–1990 average. The years 2001 to 2012 were all among the top 13 warmest years on record.

.. the major weather events of 2012 – Hurricane Sandy, Typhoon Bopha – are linked to climate change."

Global warming is to blame for super storms and record low arctic sea ice as well as other consequences.

http://www.strategic-risk.eu/global-warming-t...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#26130 May 25, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
Cook's 97% consensus study falsely classifies scientists' papers according to the scientists that published them.
Evidence - sourced evidence - please. Anything less = a concession.

I've seen how the 97% was derived and find it to be quite proper. In fact, the implication that 3% of active climate researchers reject the major findings inre GW is misleading. They generally only quibble with a portion of it. True rejection of it among those who know the subject best is vanishingly rare. It's primarily rejected by political ideologues from other fields.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#26131 May 25, 2013
SADLY, MY PROOF IS YOUR QUOTED WORDS....

....back up your claim that the tornado yesterday was due to man made co2..."

MAGICALLY GETS DENIER WHIPPED TO

..."yes, you implied that weather events have something to do with..."

MAGICALLY GETS DENIER WHIPPED TO

"....you didn't say the exact words.....but you would've..."

Due to = implied = would have???

You're not smart implies you're dumb and according to your "words", I caused your stupidity. It's due to me POINTING IT OUT ???

Yeah, just make it up as you go, then ask for proof, from anyone else...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26132 May 25, 2013
Deniers live in a "would have" world but they spell it "would of."

Remember tina as one. LOL.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#26133 May 25, 2013
They "through" a lot of cow pies.... LMAOROTFU~!!!

Unfortunately, "strait" over their heads/jackets...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#26134 May 25, 2013
The actions of the business community can prove that AGW is real.

http://www.google.com/url...

After all, they look at the bottom line; politics is irrelevant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#26135 May 25, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
The actions of the business community can prove that AGW is real.
After all, they look at the bottom line; politics is irrelevant.
Color is important when buying tulips... When a businessman spends thousands for one bulb it proves that there is value in the scam he is buying into... just like AGW.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#26136 May 26, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Color is important when buying tulips... When a businessman spends thousands for one bulb it proves that there is value in the scam he is buying into... just like AGW.

So your position now is that not only are most of the world's scientists either stupid or running a huge scam, but that most of the world's insurance companies don't know how to assess risk.

What about city and state planners? Lost their minds too? What about the CIA and the US military? Fools who fell for a scam?

Are you and your buddies the only wise people in the world?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#26137 May 26, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Global climate change is a significant long-term challenge for the United States. Across the nation, individuals, businesses, and federal, state, and local governments are already consciously making decisions to respond to climate change. To make informed decisions, people need a basic understanding of the causes, likelihood, and severity of the impacts of climate change and the range, cost, and efficacy of different options to limit or adapt to it.

Individuals are choosing whether to make their homes and transportation more energy efficient, or support climate and energy policies. Private companies are reducing their carbon footprints, and some are planning for climate impacts. Humanitarian and environmental non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) are deciding how to guide their members and respond to climate change. Resource managers are deciding how to manage water, forests, and coastal ecosystems to reduce the risks of climate change. Cities and states are starting to limit emissions and develop adaptation plans—today, more than 50 percent of Americans live in a jurisdiction that has enacted a greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) reduction goal.

Wow, look at all these people "buying into" the scam! You need to warn them, kookaid!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#26138 May 26, 2013
"National security actors all over the world (although certainly not in all countries) see climate change as a future threat or threat multiplier that puts additional demand on military capabilities and capacities. What this demand might be and where it will play out, however, is seen quite differently in the countries that acknowledge a national security dimension to the problem. This variation may not be so surprising; knowledge about the climate change consequences that have potential relevance for armed forces -- consequences relating, for instance, to armed conflict or humanitarian disasters -- is actually quite limited."

"A 2010 Defense Department review identified climate change and energy security as "prominent military vulnerabilities," noting that climate change in particular is an "accelerant of instability and conflict." It was the first time the Pentagon addressed climate in a comprehensive planning document.

A subsequent assessment by the National Research Council found that even moderate climate shifts will impact Navy operations. Sea-level rise and more severe storm surges will hit coastal military bases, and marine forces could also face more work in responding to an increase in humanitarian crises following disasters. The opening of the Arctic as sea ice disappears will likely require more patrols in harsh conditions as nations and industry interests are expected to vie for control of new trade routes and energy resources."

Lions and eagles and bears, oh my, the UK, US, and Russia have bought into the scam!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#26139 May 26, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>MBA, but I got an undergraduate in "brown shirt bullshit identification".
You were an easy pick on the first post, son.
Now, flop around in the bottom of the boat with your butthole buddy for a while.
I gotta run out for a while....i might through you back when I return if you're nice!
The scientists are coming out conflicting Cook's claims. If GW is undeniable, why do you think these clowns are always fudging data and reports?
Bill Maher seems always to be on point. New Rule - science is made by scientists not idiots ! http://youtu.be/06R-qTXfVYE

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
P C Free Zone

Minneapolis, MN

#26140 May 26, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Bill Maher seems always to be on point. New Rule - science is made by scientists not idiots ! http://youtu.be/06R-qTXfVYE
One of your so-called scientists just said "the earth has a fever!"
I guess you have to dumb it down for you true believers! LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#26141 May 26, 2013
"They" dumbed it down, for YOU, doll rapist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you hear the one about ... 3 min cowboy chris 4
Congressman John Kline runs away and hides 7 min cowboy chris 4
Judge orders Kentucky clerk jailed 13 min cowboy chris 11
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 10 hr _Zoey_ 321
clinton probe extends to key aides 14 hr Phineas 69
Another Government FAILURE Vet benifits (Mar '13) 15 hr LIbErals 6
Comcast To Charge $30 For Data Over 300GB Cap 16 hr Little Boy Blue 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages