Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25786 May 21, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Don't blame me for your incompetence, MUM.
You are however making up your own reality.
Bosses? LOL. You must workfor fossil fuels. Look:
Hansen noted that in determining responsibility for climate change, the effect of greenhouse gas emissions on climate is determined not by current emissions, but by accumulated emissions over the lifetime of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. By this measure, the U.K. is still the largest single cause of climate change, followed by the U.S. and Germany, even though its current emissions are surpassed by the Peoples Republic of China.[Wikipedia]
In the lawsuit, the landowners sought compensatory and punitive damages against 32 companies and the Tennessee Valley Authority. The companies had argued that global warming was not attributable only to them but resulted from the emissions of greenhouse gases from millions of sources dating back to the Industrial Revolution.
and this backs up your claim that yesterdays tornado has something to do with climate change?!?!
check on your own reality, son.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25787 May 21, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Despite your full icon support, you failed to respond to my "where's the evidence?"
Deniers are liars, again.
okay....claim (falsely again) that i'm lying. it should be easy to refute!! that is.....if you're smart enough to show the forum where either organization cites climate change as the cause of yesterdays tornado.
or....could it be you're lying again?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25788 May 21, 2013
Is It Happening?

Yes. Earth is already showing many signs of worldwide climate change.

• Average temperatures have climbed 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (0.8 degree Celsius) around the world since 1880, much of this in recent decades, according to NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

• The rate of warming is increasing. The 20th century's last two decades were the hottest in 400 years and possibly the warmest for several millennia, according to a number of climate studies. And the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports that 11 of the past 12 years are among the dozen warmest since 1850.

• The Arctic is feeling the effects the most. Average temperatures in Alaska, western Canada, and eastern Russia have risen at twice the global average, according to the multinational Arctic Climate Impact Assessment report compiled between 2000 and 2004.

• Arctic ice is rapidly disappearing, and the region may have its first completely ice-free summer by 2040 or earlier. Polar bears and indigenous cultures are already suffering from the sea-ice loss.

• Glaciers and mountain snows are rapidly melting—for example, Montana's Glacier National Park now has only 27 glaciers, versus 150 in 1910. In the Northern Hemisphere, thaws also come a week earlier in spring and freezes begin a week later.

• Coral reefs, which are highly sensitive to small changes in water temperature, suffered the worst bleaching—or die-off in response to stress—ever recorded in 1998, with some areas seeing bleach rates of 70 percent. Experts expect these sorts of events to increase in frequency and intensity in the next 50 years as sea temperatures rise.

• An upsurge in the amount of extreme weather events, such as wildfires, heat waves, and strong tropical storms, is also attributed in part to climate change by some experts.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25789 May 21, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>and this backs up your claim that yesterdays tornado has something to do with climate change?!?!
check on your own reality, son.
Gosh. Where did I claim that?

Show us the post.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25790 May 21, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>okay....claim (falsely again) that i'm lying. it should be easy to refute!! that is.....if you're smart enough to show the forum where either organization cites climate change as the cause of yesterdays tornado.
or....could it be you're lying again?
WOW. You are lying.

Again and again.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25791 May 21, 2013
http://blog.sfgate.com/science/2013/05/21/is-...

Says: The basic fact of the Moore, Okla., tornado is that the town is smack dab in the middle of the Central Plains, where there are frequent collisions of warm, moist air from the south and cold air from further north, and there are no land features to block the flow of air between these two disparate air masses.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25792 May 21, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> The IPCC and NOAA do confirm the same results of global warming. Population growth, increasing economic growth and wealth, rising material standards of living are all related to an economy dependent on the burning of cheap fossil fuels , the shift from wood and coal to oil by the 70's , accelerated unregulated growth worldwide also produced over-development, crowded cities, deforestation, acidification of the oceans, collapse of global fisheries, mass starvation dirty air and water, breakdown of atmospheric stability,---
AND absolutely nothing to do with tornadic activity.

According to Harold Brooks of the NOAA if global warming is happening it means that, "the energy goes up and the shear goes down." Global warming, if anything, should diminish tornadoes.

Not the first time you alarmist got your story wrong.....or the first time you've tried to exploit a tragedy.

Pretty sad. You know, if science was REALLY on your side....why would you people need to concoct such nonsense?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25793 May 21, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>WOW. You are lying.
Again and again.
how? trying to change the subject, there, liar?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25794 May 21, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
http://blog.sfgate.com/science /2013/05/21/is-climate-change- making-tornadoes-worse/
Says: The basic fact of the Moore, Okla., tornado is that the town is smack dab in the middle of the Central Plains, where there are frequent collisions of warm, moist air from the south and cold air from further north, and there are no land features to block the flow of air between these two disparate air masses.
good observation.....which has nothing to do with CO2 or climate change....just like i said....and you tried to refute!!!

LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25795 May 21, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Is It Happening?
Yes. Earth is already showing many signs of worldwide climate change.
• Average temperatures have climbed 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (0.8 degree Celsius) around the world since 1880, much of this in recent decades, according to NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
• The rate of warming is increasing. The 20th century's last two decades were the hottest in 400 years and possibly the warmest for several millennia, according to a number of climate studies. And the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports that 11 of the past 12 years are among the dozen warmest since 1850.
• The Arctic is feeling the effects the most. Average temperatures in Alaska, western Canada, and eastern Russia have risen at twice the global average, according to the multinational Arctic Climate Impact Assessment report compiled between 2000 and 2004.
• Arctic ice is rapidly disappearing, and the region may have its first completely ice-free summer by 2040 or earlier. Polar bears and indigenous cultures are already suffering from the sea-ice loss.
• Glaciers and mountain snows are rapidly melting—for example, Montana's Glacier National Park now has only 27 glaciers, versus 150 in 1910. In the Northern Hemisphere, thaws also come a week earlier in spring and freezes begin a week later.
• Coral reefs, which are highly sensitive to small changes in water temperature, suffered the worst bleaching—or die-off in response to stress—ever recorded in 1998, with some areas seeing bleach rates of 70 percent. Experts expect these sorts of events to increase in frequency and intensity in the next 50 years as sea temperatures rise.
• An upsurge in the amount of extreme weather events, such as wildfires, heat waves, and strong tropical storms, is also attributed in part to climate change by some experts.
and co2 mitigation will change this how much?

thanks for your passive admission that co2 has nothing to do with tornadoes not withstanding!

lol

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25796 May 21, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh. Where did I claim that?
Show us the post.
post #25775, dumbass! You butted in and inferred that I was wrong about the organizations not supporting "you people's" claims.

So....you made the claim that they do! Or you were trying to lie....again!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25797 May 21, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.
Where's the evidence for your claims?
In your lonely head, only.
Exactly.

ritey lies all the time.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25798 May 21, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>post #25775, dumbass! You butted in and inferred that I was wrong about the organizations not supporting "you people's" claims.
So....you made the claim that they do! Or you were trying to lie....again!
LIAR.

Read my my posts again.

You are a little desperate despot, MUM.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25799 May 21, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>good observation.....which has nothing to do with CO2 or climate change....just like i said....and you tried to refute!!!
LOL
Much noise for a lie, you are desperate.

You lie about me and about science. Of course, you know nothing of either.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25800 May 21, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>how? trying to change the subject, there, liar?
Liar, you enjoy lying like a liar.

See my posts for facts.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25801 May 21, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh. Where did I claim that?
Show us the post.
Of couse, I knew he could not show.

Deniers are liars even at a tragedy involving climate.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25802 May 21, 2013
Of course, ritey could not show a post as evidence.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25803 May 21, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>AND absolutely nothing to do with tornadic activity.
According to Harold Brooks of the NOAA if global warming is happening it means that, "the energy goes up and the shear goes down." Global warming, if anything, should diminish tornadoes.
Not the first time you alarmist got your story wrong.....or the first time you've tried to exploit a tragedy.
Pretty sad. You know, if science was REALLY on your side....why would you people need to concoct such nonsense?
NOONSENSE.

You are an opportunist even in a tragedy. Wait for the science evidence to come out in time.

Your mouth runs before 20 hours passed since the event. Science takes time to find out the truth.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25804 May 21, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>AND absolutely nothing to do with tornadic activity.
You are the only one getting Harold Brooks' NOAA comments wrong. The climate science shows that global warming is a complex phenomenon and effects atmospheric instability in a myriad of contradictory, confusing ways--there are long periods of intense tornado activity like in 2011 and 2012 in between intense periods of drought and flooding due to erratic low level storms--no where does Brooks ever denies the linkages between global warming and extreme super-storm tornado activity Please read without impugning your own climate denier bias .

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25805 May 21, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Of course, ritey could not show a post as evidence.
lmao@u!!! Trying to back track, son? Okay fine!! So that snarky little comment DID NOT mean I was wrong..... Which can only mean one other thing. You must agree that I was correct! Lol
Thanks for your "not so graceful" admission!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The New York City Mayor 5 hr Bobert Ne Nero 7
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! 5 hr CNN Reporter 21
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 7 hr American_Sons 17
Mall of America Protest 8 hr Icantbreathe 30
Benghazi-Gate OBAMA not allowing access to surv... (Mar '13) 10 hr LIbEralS 330
The Army's findings on Bergdahl NOT to be relea... 10 hr Icantbreathe 17
Close, but no cigars -- or: A funny thing happe... 20 hr Kevin 5
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web