Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35579 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#25710 May 16, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I got my Bachelor of Science degree....... Your highest educational level still led you to the middle of the down wrong gully.
i got a b.s and a masters.

and....if you're so smart...why aren't you rich like me?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25711 May 16, 2013
oh.....i finally get it!!!

anyone who is successful is in the gully according to the neer-do-well "lapdog litesong"!!

hahaha

what is up is down in it's world. that way lapdoggy doesn't have to judge itself in the mirror!!

yuk....

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25712 May 16, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I got my Bachelor of Science degree.......
and your mom wants to know why you're still living in her house at 38.

bwaahahahahahahaaa

luza!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25713 May 16, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
middle of the down wrong gully.
let me guess.....this is your attempt at proper english, huh, waitback?
litesong

Mountlake Terrace, WA

#25714 May 16, 2013
middleofthedownwronggully wrote:
and your mom wants to know why you're still living in her house at 38.
Since mom's long since passed away, you've been getting all your info from the psychic, who predicted Amanda Berry was dead. Now AGW advocates know why "middleofthedownwronggull y" is universally wrong. "middleofthedownwronggull y" wants me to move in with it but I won't, since it is in the middle of the down wrong gully, where its sewer is.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25715 May 16, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Now AGW advocates know why "middleofthedownwronggull y" is universally wrong.
advocates already believe what they advocate, stupid. advocates also "know" only what they choose to believe.

and, you're still not smart enough to bring forth the scientific studies which show what mitigation will provide.

you live on faith! lol.....what a bunch of "B.S."
Leggy Mountbatten

Denver, CO

#25717 May 16, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Since mom's long since passed away, you've been getting all your info from the psychic, who predicted Amanda Berry was dead. Now AGW advocates know why "middleofthedownwronggull y" is universally wrong. "middleofthedownwronggull y" wants me to move in with it but I won't, since it is in the middle of the down wrong gully, where its sewer is.
Why won't cowardly, dishonest, money grubbing AGW phonies debate AGW ? Makes me suspicious.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25718 May 17, 2013
As your pals redirect the topic, then you change monikers and criticize ???

We have the support of the scientific community, our observations, and mountains of data, why are you smart enough to look ?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25719 May 17, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you sure know how to avoid a quastion,while stating the obvious, too, son! i'll give you that.
Some of you deniers can only handle the 'obvious' When you can handle the climate science truth then let the rest of us know.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25720 May 17, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>advocates already believe what they advocate, stupid. advocates also "know" only what they choose to believe.
and, you're still not smart enough to bring forth the scientific studies which show what mitigation will provide.
you live on faith! lol.....what a bunch of "B.S."
If litesong brought out all the climate science mitigation studies for the umpteenth time to 'satisfy' you then you'd still reject them. Why? You can't convince a oil dependency addict to switch to renewables until he or she hits rock bottom, when the trillion dollar carbon bubble bursts like the last subprime housing bubble did.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#25722 May 19, 2013
Since science gave us pesticides making environmentalism necessary in the first place it has to be asked; just how close to unstoppable warming will science take us before they say their climate crisis WILL happen not just might happen? Not one IPCC warning isn't swimming in "maybes". Not once has science ever said their crisis was inevitable, just "could be". If science stopped saying “maybe” and started saying “inevitable” all debate would cease because if it’s not “inevitable” it’s not a crisis. Deny that.

“Climate change has moved into a new and highly dangerous phase and is now the most urgent issue confronting the world,” said Ian Dunlop, member of the Club of Rome and Deputy Convener for the Australian Association for the Study of Peak Oil.

"urgent phase" and "dangerous phase" and "has moved into a phase"
ARE NOT LIKE
"evetentual" "imminent" "inevitable" "unavoidable" "impending"

Since the scientists have said for 28 years that their climate crisis is NOT as real and eventual as they say comet hits are, what is it then? And let's spare the little tiny catastrophic climate crisis for a Harry Potter movie.

*Occupywallstreet now does not even mention CO2 in its list of demands because of the bank-funded and corporate run carbon trading stock markets ruled by politicians.
*Canada killed Y2Kyoto with a freely elected climate change denying prime minister and nobody cared, especially the millions of scientists warning us of unstoppable warming (a comet hit).
*Julian Assange is of course a climate change denier.
*Obama had not mentioned the crisis in two State of the Unions addresses.
REAL planet lovers are happy a crisis was exaggerated.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25723 May 19, 2013
mememine69 wrote:
Since science gave us pesticides making environmentalism necessary in the first place it has to be asked; just how close to unstoppable warming will science take us before they say their climate crisis WILL happen not just might happen? Not one IPCC warning isn't swimming in "maybes". Not once has science ever said their crisis was inevitable, just "could be". If science stopped saying “maybe” and started saying “inevitable” all debate would cease because if it’s not “inevitable” it’s not a crisis. Deny that.
“Climate change has moved into a new and highly dangerous phase and is now the most urgent issue confronting the world,” said Ian Dunlop, member of the Club of Rome and Deputy Convener for the Australian Association for the Study of Peak Oil.
ARE NOT LIKE
Since the scientists have said for 28 years that their climate crisis is NOT as real and eventual as they say comet hits are, what is it then? And let's spare the little tiny catastrophic climate crisis for a Harry Potter movie.
*Occupywallstreet now does not even mention CO2 in its list of demands because of the bank-funded and corporate run carbon trading stock markets ruled by politicians.
*Canada killed Y2Kyoto with a freely elected climate change denying prime minister and nobody cared, especially the millions of scientists warning us of unstoppable warming (a comet hit).
You were not listening very well to the President giving his State of the Union 2013 address.

"Obama proposed on Tuesday to divert some of the royalties from the boom in oil and gas production to invest in research for electric and natural gas vehicles and biofuels, part of a plan to tackle climate change described in his State of the Union speech.

Obama will ask Congress to make the production tax credit for wind, solar and geothermal power permanent and refundable to try to double renewable energy production by 2020, and in his budget in coming weeks, he plans to propose incentives for state governments that take steps to increase energy efficiency."Check this out: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50790131/ns/busines...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25724 May 19, 2013
mememine69 wrote:
ARE NOT LIKE
Look at the fossil fuel usage:

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/images...

look at the top greenhouse gas emitters:

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/images...

What do you find to be exaggerated about them? Think hard.
Real Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#25725 May 19, 2013
I say ground all aircraft.

The day after 911 when planes were grounded there was an immediate climate change.

So ground them all.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25727 May 19, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If litesong brought out all the climate science mitigation studies for the umpteenth time to 'satisfy' you then you'd still reject them. Why? You can't convince a oil dependency addict to switch to renewables until he or she hits rock bottom, when the trillion dollar carbon bubble bursts like the last subprime housing bubble did.
if litesong, or anyone else, brought out studies that answer and address the real questions....just once.... we could see what the response would be. stop speculating! you seem to grope for conclusions which have no basis in fact.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25728 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>Some of you deniers can only handle the 'obvious' When you can handle the climate science truth then let the rest of us know.
i don't deny the science of climate, son. i embrace it!! stop trying to make premature scientific conclusions that obviously haven't been addressed.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25729 May 19, 2013
If we showed you more facts, would it make any difference ? You've ignored thousands of them already, doofus...

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25730 May 19, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
If we showed you more facts, would it make any difference ? You've ignored thousands of them already, doofus...
i won't insult you, but just show the forum the facts that will make a difference. i'm not ignoring anything, son, but i'm also not making knee jerk reactions like soooo many people seem so eager to do here.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#25731 May 19, 2013
mememine69 wrote:
Since science gave us pesticides making environmentalism necessary in the first place it has to be asked; just how close to unstoppable warming will science take us before they say their climate crisis WILL happen not just might happen? Not one IPCC warning isn't swimming in "maybes". Not once has science ever said their crisis was inevitable, just "could be". If science stopped saying “maybe” and started saying “inevitable” all debate would cease because if it’s not “inevitable” it’s not a crisis. Deny that...
I gotta an idea. Turn of all yout pilot lights and turn on all the gas burners in your home. Leave them open for an hour or so then light up a cigarette. It cannot be guaranteed that your house will explode so there is nothing to worry about. Oh! I'll bet you wouldn't do that. But you are willing to ignore what the scientists say about climate change. What a logical mind you have.
Leggy Mountbatten

Denver, CO

#25733 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>Some of you deniers can only handle the 'obvious' When you can handle the climate science truth then let the rest of us know.
16 years now, no increase, you're the one in denial. Now go sell your car and live in an unheated cave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 Injured In North Minneapolis Shooting 5 hr Clinton 0 Trump 1 8
Sick hillary 5 hr LIbEralS 14
Sued in small claims court in different state Thu LIbEralS 2
Statewide protective agency (Oct '15) Sep 26 Troy 34
News Fmr. Prior Lake Youth Pastor Charged With Havin... Sep 26 Paris Hilton 24
News Ramsey County / Meth dealer's motives in sting ... (Aug '08) Sep 24 Lynnhollenbeck 13
Hillary will lose! "EmailGate" NOT WORTHY TO BE... Sep 24 cantmakeitup 5

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages