Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25548 May 11, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Frost bite in April/ May was not an issue until CO2 pollution got above 350ppm.
Now I have to pay a sales tax and a carbon tax for mittens in May.
Excuse me, I don't mean to sound impatient, but when is that Warmer Dryer Climate the experts predicted for the Midwest going to get here?
It's GLOBAL, not local.... Why are you deliberately stupid, con ???

Just frustrated, because YOU BLEW IT !??

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25549 May 11, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Frost bite in April/ May was not an issue until CO2 pollution got above 350ppm.
Now I have to pay a sales tax and a carbon tax for mittens in May.
Excuse me, I don't mean to sound impatient, but when is that Warmer Dryer Climate the experts predicted for the Midwest going to get here?
Excuse me? It was already here. Check this out: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/ph...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25550 May 11, 2013
Spammer doesn't care about reality, as much as reaction....
Kyle

United States

#25551 May 11, 2013
DFL Waste wrote:
<quoted text>I always enjoy the educated PHDs etc that claim Global Warming is proved by Minnesota ALL TIME RECORDS set for ice out and COLD TEMPS.
Moron repeats lie after it was revealed as such.
DFL Waste wrote:
<quoted text>I always remember uneducated Bill Gates who without a degree IS one the richest men on earth.
Moron spouts complete non sequitur. Science content nonexistent.
DFL Waste wrote:
<quoted text>Take your sheepskin and stuff it into one of your body cavities, you may pick the one.
Moron proudly repeats the "I'm smarter than a million PHD's" argument, proving that the anti-intellectualism the US has long been known for continues its proud tradition. Also, repeating already revealed fallacies sans any support or even acknowledgement demonstrates the Dunning-Kruger Effect rather well. For those demonstrating it, it means you're so ignorant that you think you're smart.
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

#25552 May 11, 2013
ALL TIME RECORD ice out on Minnesota lakes.

Lakes STILL have ice on them.

This has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!

NEVER!!
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

#25553 May 11, 2013
NEVER EVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!

NEVER!!

Still got ice on lakes..

No fishing except through the ice..
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

#25554 May 11, 2013
It may NEVER MELT!!

The next Ice Age may be upon us..

LOOK OUT, I see a glacier headed this way..

You dumb phocking Libertards are truely clueless.
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

#25555 May 11, 2013
Ignorance can't be made up, it's born in!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25556 May 11, 2013
Florida Native wrote:
Lets[sic] see global warming produces cold and hot winters, cooler and hotter summers, late and early springs and falls, extreme wet and dry conditions, high winds and no wind, more tornadoes, ETC[sic]. Anybody believeing[sic] all of this is just nuts.
Psst .. in addition to the marked, you are describing what is called "global climate change."

You are welcome.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25557 May 11, 2013
Warmer temperatures

Minnesota has warmed an average of one degree Fahrenheit during the past century. Parts of northern Minnesota have warmed five degrees Fahrenheit or more during the winter months. As the warming continues, northern cities like Hibbing may develop climates more similar to the current climate of Albert Lea or Des Moines, Iowa.
What does climate change mean for Minnesota?

Climate change is already observable. Animal and plant habitats are shifting, weather patterns are changing, and severe storms and droughts are becoming more common.

Minnesota has warmed an average of one degree Fahrenheit during the past century, according to the MPCA. Precipitation has increased by 20 percent since 1990 in parts of Minnesota, especially southern Minnesota.

If temperature readings and precipitation continue to increase over the next century, Minnesota might soon feel and look more like Missouri. Other impacts of climate change in Minnesota include the following.
Changes in ecosystems

Changes in the climate alter the plant and animal species that can survive in a certain area. This has an impact on some of the unique ecosystems and wildlife species that are currently found in Minnesota.

Areas of the state that are forested will decline by as much as 50 to 70 percent and be replaced by grasslands and savannas. The unique northwoods of pine and aspen will be replaced by forests of oak and other trees.
Reduction in the size and number of prairies due to possible drying: Minnesota prairies are the most important breeding ground for North American waterfowl as well as countless species of birds and insects. Prairies are also home to some endangered plant species.
Temperature and moisture patterns will change faster than plant and animal communities can adapt. This will result in the extinction of numerous plant and animal species in the next 100 years. Loss of habitat for cold-loving creatures such as trout and moose would cause the decline of these species in Minnesota.
Additional pests, diseases and invasive species may be able to extend their range into Minnesota.

Water resources stressed

Increased lake evaporation in the summer and decreased length of ice cover in the winter will reduce lake levels and degrade water quality.
Groundwater resources, a major source of drinking water, may be reduced due to a drop in stream flow and lake levels.
Lake temperatures are rising, which severely stresses the plants and animals in these aquatic habitats.
Reduced water levels in the Great Lakes will reduce the carrying capacity of large lake freighters, impacting commerce.

More extreme weather

Weather patterns will become more extreme. The overall frequency of both flooding and droughts will increase.
Infrastructure for runoff and water management, such as storm sewers, is likely undersized and will need updates to deal with increases in heavy rainfall and flash flooding
More heat waves and extremely hot summer days will result in more heat related illness and death. Hotter summers will increase demand for indoor cooling.
Increased frequency of poor air quality (smoggy) days in summer.
Winters with less snow will decrease opportunities for winter recreation. Milder winters will also affect animal hibernation patterns, stressing food supplies and habitats.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#25558 May 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like LHMF is wrong:
http://www.roadcrewonline.org/files/researchp...
Do you ever read or understand what you post? The reference confirmed the link between drinking and driving through statistics. And common sense solutions of NOT drinking and driving does cut down on crashes.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>During this time most interventions have been educational or legal.
I didn't say the DRUNK used common sense.. usually it is someone ELSE either legal or moral authorities.

Please engage your brain. This is pathetic. Have you been drinking??
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#25559 May 11, 2013
I find it hard to believe that there are STILL people that don't believe that global warming is occurring.

These are the same people that in years past said the moon landings were faked in the Arizona desert - why does anyone pay attention to these loons?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25560 May 11, 2013
Neither of my Teeth wrote:
You're saying it's wrong, surely you can prove it, right ??? We can see the temperature rising,
N.o.m.T.'s confusing global warming with climate change mitigation; I've never claimed the perception "we can see the temperature rising" is wrong. You can create a trend of any slope if you pick the right start and end points.

I'm claiming advocating climate change mitigation is wrong, especially if you've got an interest in selling 'news' media, scaring voters into giving their support or collecting research grants. I provide this evidence: it's never been experimentally tested.

Don't buy a pig in a poke.

Neither of my Teeth wrote:
so we naturally have our theories, are you really dumb & lazy, denier ???
^^^Ad hominem arguments are logical fallacies. Many alarmists act on fear, not reason.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25561 May 11, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Do you ever read or understand what you post? The reference confirmed the link between drinking and driving through statistics. And common sense solutions of NOT drinking and driving does cut down on crashes.
<quoted text>
I didn't say the DRUNK used common sense.. usually it is someone ELSE either legal or moral authorities.
I cited an experiment:

"This paper presents the results of a [field] experiment that used social marketing to introduce a new ride program into three rural communities...."

We've had years of tests for our drunk driving laws that show harsh penalties deter drunk driving. We've never had an experimental test on any man made greenhouse gas emission or capture that's shown any climate change. See the difference?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25562 May 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>N.o.m.T.'s confusing global warming with climate change mitigation; I've never claimed the perception "we can see the temperature rising" is wrong. You can create a trend of any slope if you pick the right start and end points.
I'm claiming advocating climate change mitigation is wrong, especially if you've got an interest in selling 'news' media, scaring voters into giving their support or collecting research grants. I provide this evidence: it's never been experimentally tested.
Don't buy a pig in a poke.
<quoted text>^^^Ad hominem arguments are logical fallacies. Many alarmists act on fear, not reason.
And many deniers act on fear , not reason, and certainly not science.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25564 May 11, 2013
The guy explains it real slow, so you can understand.

He also shows that Al Gore was only 9 years old when he got some scientists to start saying CO2 would warm the earth, thus starting the hoax....

http://skepticalscience.com/potholer-evidence...

Very good vid. Not that it will do any good for the oilfield trash here. They said you couldn't change a man's mind if his paycheck depended on that frame of mind.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#25565 May 11, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me? It was already here. Check this out: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/ph...
Really? Did anyone notice that field? Check it out ... That soil is meant for Soybean/Beet/Alfalfa rotation.

It appears that farmer may have gotten greedy.

Yes, average corn yields were below average but it is interesting to note that a record was set for total number of bushels that went to market!

That suggests... Well, I suspect you folk from MS are savvy.

Thanks for the link, quite informative.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25566 May 11, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't think it can read graphs. This has happened before.

BP doesn't get much for its money, does it? But it probably doesn't take much for Brain.
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

#25567 May 11, 2013
It's snowing in Minnesota today.

Global Cooling.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#25568 May 11, 2013
DFL Waste wrote:
Ignorance can't be made up, it's born in!!
Nice run...:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt cassel horrendous performance 1 hr Space ace 17
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Man From The Edge... 26,252
Republicans Simply Donít Want Minorities To Vote 1 hr redeemer 36
Django Unchained Actress Mistaken for a Prostitute 2 hr redeemer 6
Chaska officer on leave for racial-profiling il... 3 hr cantmakeitup 25
What happened to Jacob Wetterling ? 4 hr cantmakeitup 6
Utah teacher shoots herself in the leg at eleme... 4 hr Watsa Mattau 12
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••