Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25528 May 11, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
...Just as there are no 'experiments' to show that avoiding drinking and driving will lower risk of fatal crashes. But we do have STATISTICAL and common sense reasoning which is quite adequate to the challenge. Assuming the person isn't a dim a fool as you....
Looks like LHMF is wrong:

http://www.roadcrewonline.org/files/researchp...

Abstract

Over the past decade there has been little decrease in the number of alcohol-related driving fatalities. During this time most interventions have been educational or legal. This paper presents the results of a field experiment that used social marketing to introduce a new ride program into three rural communities....

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25529 May 11, 2013
Neither of my Teeth wrote:
You're saying it's wrong, surely you can prove it, right ???
I'm saying, there's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation, therefor it's a hoax.

You might disprove that by posting a citation to a peer reviewed journal that shows an experiment on man made greenhouse gas and climate temperature. If you can do that, I'll change my mind.

What would it take for you to change your mind about climate change mitigation?

We can see the temperature rising, so we naturally have our theories, are you really dumb & lazy, denier ???
I don't have a theory about climate temperature; climate always changes.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25530 May 11, 2013
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
well well another self proclaimed genius, you can pull your head out a your butt long enough to explain to my why they chose Lenin's birthday to celebrate on ?
Can you explain why they picked the traditional day that our founding Pilgrim fathers chose to put up May poles with rainbow streamers to dance around and celebrate the coming Spring's natural bounty?
Neither of my Teeth

Seattle, WA

#25531 May 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying, there's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation, therefor it's a hoax.
You might disprove that by posting a citation to a peer reviewed journal that shows an experiment on man made greenhouse gas and climate temperature. If you can do that, I'll change my mind.
What would it take for you to change your mind about climate change mitigation?
<quoted text>I don't have a theory about climate temperature; climate always changes.
You're saying it's wrong, surely you can prove it, right ??? We can see the temperature rising, so we naturally have our theories, are you really dumb & lazy, denier ???
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#25532 May 11, 2013
Closing in on the second half of May and we, in Minnesota are looking at another winter storm or two! Now the man on the mountain (Keeling) is saying that the gas that is boiling our planet is at historic levels. Clearly, 400ppm of CO2 is not high enough to drive up temps this Spring.

Now the question is.: At what level does CO2 have to be to make it physically impossible for this ridiculously cold weather... IMPOSSIBLE?

Last question for this Post: Everyone reading this... Could you all please produce as much CO2 as you can? Thanks.
Neither of my Teeth

Seattle, WA

#25533 May 11, 2013
Pre-dick-ting the LOCAL WEATHER future as an argument against GLOBAL Warming ?? Yeah, an idiot, without a clue....
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#25534 May 11, 2013
Pre-dick-ting the LOCAL WEATHER future as an argument against GLOBAL Warming ?? Yeah, an idiot, without a clue....
http://www.livescience.com/14953-states-add.h...

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25535 May 11, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
Closing in on the second half of May and we, in Minnesota are looking at another winter storm or two! Now the man on the mountain (Keeling) is saying that the gas that is boiling our planet is at historic levels. Clearly, 400ppm of CO2 is not high enough to drive up temps this Spring.
Now the question is.: At what level does CO2 have to be to make it physically impossible for this ridiculously cold weather... IMPOSSIBLE?
Last question for this Post: Everyone reading this... Could you all please produce as much CO2 as you can? Thanks.
Snow is a form of precipitation , and hasn't climate scientists been warning now for years that global warming will cause our winters to be wetter, with more extreme swings in the weather --what can be more 'extreme' than massive snow-shower superstorms one day and 70 degree weather the next? "Brace yourselves now There is some evidence that climate change could in fact make such massive snowstorms more common, even as the world continues to warm. As the meteorologist Jeff Masters points out in his excellent blog at Weather Underground, the two major storms that hit Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., this winter in December and during the first weekend of February are already among the 10 heaviest snowfalls those cities have ever recorded. The chance of that happening in the same winter is incredibly unlikely.

But there have been hints that it was coming. The 2009 U.S. Climate Impacts Report found that large-scale cold-weather storm systems have gradually tracked to the north in the U.S. over the past 50 years. While the frequency of storms in the middle latitudes has decreased as the climate has warmed, the intensity of those storms has increased. That's in part because of global warming hotter air can hold more moisture, so when a storm gathers it can unleash massive amounts of snow. Colder air, by contrast, is drier; if we were in a truly vicious cold snap, like the one that occurred over much of the East Coast during parts of January, we would be unlikely to see heavy snowfall."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,859...
Awful Truth

Grantsburg, WI

#25536 May 11, 2013
Sexual Sociopath of the Global Warming Cult,

You are an Idddiot.

"Pre-dick"
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

#25537 May 11, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron ignores all refutations.
Moron ignores all demands to support his bare assertions.
Moron posts no science whatsoever.
Moron repeats all bare assertions and false scientific claims VERBATIM as if refutations were never made and as if no support for his claims are necessary.
MORON CONCEDES.
Thanks for playing, moron. Now go back to diddling your sister.
I always enjoy the educated PHDs etc that claim Global Warming is proved by Minnesota ALL TIME RECORDS set for ice out and COLD TEMPS.

I always remember uneducated Bill Gates who without a degree IS one the richest men on earth.

Take your sheepskin and stuff it into one of your body cavities, you may pick the one.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25538 May 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Back to the main point; there has never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation or man made global climate change published in any peer reviewed journal. That's how you can know climate change mitigation is a hoax; don't buy a pig in a poke.
You've already bought it. You believe in the effects of CO2 because on 4/12/13 you wrote:

Using fossil fuel helps free ancient carbon back into the atmosphere where it can do some good. Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling; the well known ice age climate scenario.
We've always adapted to climate change. Don't panic.

Are you lying now or were you lying then?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25539 May 11, 2013
DFL Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
I always enjoy the educated PHDs etc that claim Global Warming is proved by Minnesota ALL TIME RECORDS set for ice out and COLD TEMPS.
I always remember uneducated Bill Gates who without a degree IS one the richest men on earth.
Take your sheepskin and stuff it into one of your body cavities, you may pick the one.
Bill has an honerarry degree and was a salesman, not a teacher. Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, will speak at Harvard University's commencement ceremony in June and, like all commencement speakers, will receive an honorary degree from the institution.

Congratulation, you "think" an exception who ISN'T you, proves you have a brain ???

LMAOROTFU~!

Patrick Swayze is a dead man, you're DEAD, right "man" ???
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

#25540 May 11, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Bill has an honerarry degree and was a salesman, not a teacher. Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, will speak at Harvard University's commencement ceremony in June and, like all commencement speakers, will receive an honorary degree from the institution.
Congratulation, you "think" an exception who ISN'T you, proves you have a brain ???
LMAOROTFU~!
Patrick Swayze is a dead man, you're DEAD, right "man" ???
Jesus Christ I forgot the honerary degree.

Oh that's right President Barrack Hussen Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, before he started his killing spree of innocents around the world.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#25541 May 11, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Snow is a form of precipitation , and hasn't climate scientists been warning now for years that global warming will cause our winters to be wetter, with more extreme swings in the weather --what can be more 'extreme' than massive snow-shower superstorms one day and 70 degree weather the next? "Brace yourselves now There is some evidence that climate change could in fact make such massive snowstorms more common, even as the world continues to warm. As the meteorologist Jeff Masters points out in his excellent blog at Weather Underground, the two major storms that hit Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., this winter in December and during the first weekend of February are already among the 10 heaviest snowfalls those cities have ever recorded. The chance of that happening in the same winter is incredibly unlikely.
But there have been hints that it was coming. The 2009 U.S. Climate Impacts Report found that large-scale cold-weather storm systems have gradually tracked to the north in the U.S. over the past 50 years. While the frequency of storms in the middle latitudes has decreased as the climate has warmed, the intensity of those storms has increased. That's in part because of global warming hotter air can hold more moisture, so when a storm gathers it can unleash massive amounts of snow. Colder air, by contrast, is drier; if we were in a truly vicious cold snap, like the one that occurred over much of the East Coast during parts of January, we would be unlikely to see heavy snowfall."
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,859...
Yes, I know you are right. It's just that I was not prepared for colder winters lasting to June. See, for years I have seen many reports suggesting that Minnesota and the rest of the Midwest were heating up and drying out at an alarming rate. So naturally I was very excited about the prospect that I might live long enough to see 400ppm of atmospheric CO2 thus assuring frostbite in April to be a thing of the past. Alas, such is not the case. The heatwave and drought ridden fore casts of Countless Catastrophic Climate Change models did not prepare me for cold wet Springs and below average Summer Temps. I think I'll go burn some wood in the fireplace now to take the nip out of the cold air. Stay warm my friend,
-koolaid

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25542 May 11, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know you are right. It's just that I was not prepared for colder winters lasting to June. See, for years I have seen many reports suggesting that Minnesota and the rest of the Midwest were heating up and drying out at an alarming rate. So naturally I was very excited about the prospect that I might live long enough to see 400ppm of atmospheric CO2 thus assuring frostbite in April to be a thing of the past. Alas, such is not the case. The heatwave and drought ridden fore casts of Countless Catastrophic Climate Change models did not prepare me for cold wet Springs and below average Summer Temps. I think I'll go burn some wood in the fireplace now to take the nip out of the cold air. Stay warm my friend,
-koolaid
So, you prefer not to get frostbite in winter at the cost of destroying the planet. Wouldn't spending a few dollars on buying a pair of warm mittens be a lot less expensive?
Florida Native

Winter Haven, FL

#25543 May 11, 2013
Lets see global warming produces cold and hot winters, cooler and hotter summers, late and early springs and falls, extreme wet and dry conditions, high winds and no wind, more tornadoes, ETC. Anybody believeing all of this is just nuts.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25544 May 11, 2013
Florida Native wrote:
Lets see global warming produces cold and hot winters, cooler and hotter summers, late and early springs and falls, extreme wet and dry conditions, high winds and no wind, more tornadoes, ETC. Anybody believeing all of this is just nuts.
Everybody knows now that you are not a scientist that's for sure.
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

#25545 May 11, 2013
Florida Native wrote:
Really frightening is that they are obviously nuts to a sane person but they are unable to realize it themselves.

How can they be THAT NUTS and IGNORANT at the same time?
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#25546 May 11, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> So, you prefer not to get frostbite in winter at the cost of destroying the planet. Wouldn't spending a few dollars on buying a pair of warm mittens be a lot less expensive?
Frost bite in April/ May was not an issue until CO2 pollution got above 350ppm.

Now I have to pay a sales tax and a carbon tax for mittens in May.

Excuse me, I don't mean to sound impatient, but when is that Warmer Dryer Climate the experts predicted for the Midwest going to get here?

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25547 May 11, 2013
DFL Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
Really frightening is that they are obviously nuts to a sane person but they are unable to realize it themselves.
How can they be THAT NUTS and IGNORANT at the same time?
Here's another voice from the peanut gallery of non-scientists. You are not a scientist either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mall of America Protest 1 hr Sunshine 2
GRUBER gate 2 hr LIbEralS 10
Muslims are a threat 14 hr Sheriff Joe 19
Minneapolis schools superintendent FIRED 21 hr Sunshine 8
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 23 hr American_Sons 10
Man Shoots Self After Leading Mankato Police On... Wed DILF 49
Unconstitutional Violation of Separation of Powers Tue LIbEralS 1
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web