Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25382 May 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I post what I see; wind turbines spinning beyond the road going nowhere. That's progress?
I like generators kept indoors; I'm old fashioned.
Lying again. If you like your generator inside, even you would succumb to the carbon monoxide. That's that lovely carbon byproduct you cherish so much.

Hey, brainless, swallow this:

General Motors called on Barack Obama and Congress to work together on climate change, saying the effort would be good for business.

GM, which makes the plug-in Chevy Volt, was the first of the big three car makers to sign on to a new push from the business world for greater action on global warming from Washington, the Climate Declaration.

Aside from GM, the effort was endorsed by household names such as Starbucks, Intel, and eBay, as well as a number of outdoor clothing manufacturers.

Before signing on to the Climate Declaration, GM had been pressing the Obama administration to adopt a national energy policy, promoting natural gas and renewables.

GM has also been working for energy-savings on its manufacturing line,. The company said it now operated two of the world's biggest solar power arrays.

-The Guardian

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25383 May 5, 2013
Government Motors is playing crony politics to get more taxpayer bailouts.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25384 May 5, 2013
Brain Gone has fewer facts in his "reality", than he demands from actual reality... GO FIGURE ! LMAOROFU~!!

Poor little hippo-crite.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#25385 May 5, 2013
Callendar couldn't foresee just how much fossil fuels we would be burning over the next 75 years and what kind of negative effects we could produce with this gigantic chemical experiment with our planet's atmosphere by pumping billions of tons of carbon into it.

Carbob bubble? Money wasted?

"Two-thirds of a trillion" dollars were spent last year alone in fossil-fuels exploration when only a quarter of the known reserves can be burned in any conceivable future.

Plus nature's destruction and exploration accidents.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25386 May 5, 2013
'Today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a very good editorial on oil reserves and climate change. With new recovery techniques, "recoverable" reserves are up. Back when the planet seemed infinite that woulda, shoulda coulda been very good news. But on the planet we actually have--finite and getting hotter--it's definitely bad news. We are going to have to learn to say "no" to fossil fuels. And humans, particularly Americans, have never been very good at cutting themselves off from doing something they really, really want to do.' in the last 150 years or so, as man started burning fossil fuels in earnest, atmospheric CO2 has risen by a third. If it hits 450 parts per million, the earth’s mean average temperature could rise by 2 degrees Celsius. At that point, climate catastrophe will be well under way. The polar ice caps will be all but gone, so will many coastal areas. Deserts will spread.

“I wish it weren’t true, but it looks like the world is going to blow through the 400-ppm level without losing a beat,” geochemist Ralph Keeling of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography said in a statement Monday.“At this pace we’ll hit 450-ppm within a few decades.” Check this out: http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/columns/...
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

#25387 May 5, 2013
Carbon bubble?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#25388 May 5, 2013
I'm rooting on reaching 500ppm by 2050! CO2 is vital for life.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25389 May 5, 2013
Brian G, "I'm rooting on reaching 500ppm by 2050! CO2 is vital for life. " Brian _G must be Michelle Bachmann in drag. "(6) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT CARBON DIOXIDE IS ‘HARMLESS’: In 2008, a Stanford scientist revealed “direct links” between increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and “increases in human mortality”— globally, he found that as many as “20,000 air-pollution-related deaths per year per degree Celsius may be due to this greenhouse gas.” The next year, Bachmann, who is not a scientist, said that “carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.”Check this out: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/16/...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#25390 May 5, 2013
Many more die from cold.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25391 May 5, 2013
Brain Gone has fewer facts in his "reality", than he demands from actual reality... GO FIGURE ! LMAOROFU~!!
Poor little hippo-crite.
litesong

Everett, WA

#25392 May 5, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]Many more die from cold.[/QUOTE]

As continuously as we don't take care of the Earth, we don't take care of the poor, either.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25393 May 5, 2013
'The online comments on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's editorial, and the comments posted in response to this Andrew Freedman article, make me wonder: why are so many American so cocksure in their stupidity and ignorance? And that reminded me of another, older question: Why do the heathen rage?

Let's have a deist paraphrase of Psalm 2 from the Christian Bible, KJV:

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the great work of God, which is the planet, and against its ways, saying,

3 Let us break its bands asunder, and cast away its limits from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall He speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

The deal with climate change is that it doesn't care if you believe in it or not. It's real and it's here, and pathetic denial won't change that one bit.' "The last time there was this much carbon dioxide (CO2) in the Earth's atmosphere, modern humans didn't exist." http://www.climatecentral.org/news/the-last-t...

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25394 May 5, 2013
what will co2 reductions do for climate change? has their been a test for that?
litesong

Everett, WA

#25395 May 5, 2013
middleofthedownwronggully wrote:
..... has their been a test for that?
"middleofthedownwronggull y", alias 'lyin' brian'........
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25396 May 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Many more die from cold.
You're sounding more and more like the rearguard. You're even calling in reinforcements.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#25397 May 5, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"middleofthedownwronggull y", alias 'lyin' brian'........
you could've just answered the question.....but i suppose your blind faith doesn't have a response.
at least an honest one, son.
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#25398 May 5, 2013
We now have ALL TIME RECORDS for snow and cold.

Global Warming???

Give me a break!!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25399 May 5, 2013
Honesty not your "think", right name copycat ???
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25400 May 5, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
We now have ALL TIME RECORDS for snow and cold.
Global Warming???
Give me a break!!
You DO realize that "Bush...Whacker" is a liberal whose moniker is a subtle Freudian joke, and by using his name in an entirely unethical way, you are also pretending to be an enviro-wacko who is opposed to action on climate? therefore making you schizophrenic?

Have the balls to use your own name, denier, and let us see who you really are. Surely you can mock somewhat creatively without using a smart person's name. It's something we all learned on the playground, right?

But, while you're at it, bring some science to the discussion. We have already presented ours and your side is desperately short.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25401 May 5, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Honesty not your "think", right name copycat ???
And if I called you a liberal and you aren't one, please accept my sincerest apologies. I would never intentionally label someone as something they aren't, but sometimes I slip.

However, someone posting as gcaveman1 whose ideas do not fit my well-known ones would indicate an imposter who should be reported to Topix (for what good it will do).

For future reference, I will refer to him (faux-bushwhacker) as sloppy bush whacker, reflecting his position in the gang bang scene he did when he was 20 and needed work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola Spreads to Texas 1 hr LIbEralS 27
Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 histor... 2 hr Sangelia 8
St. Paul schools fall short on state proficienc... 3 hr LIbEralS 2
Mid Term elections 3 hr Zoey Jaja 9
Drop one word....add one word game 3 hr Doug77 133
al freakin tax cheater 3 hr cantmakeitup 3
Black Bear Fights Back During Vicious Murder 3 hr cantmakeitup 3
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs