Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
24,001 - 24,020 of 32,475 Comments Last updated 57 min ago

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25355 Apr 29, 2013
Just stick this portable outlet to your window to start using solar power: http://bit.ly/ZvOj53 www.grist.org

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25356 Apr 29, 2013
Some people like sunlight coming through their windows...

Westerville, OH

#25358 Apr 29, 2013
Coldest spring since 1975 but Global Warming ALARMIST will ignore FACTS!!!

Westerville, OH

#25359 Apr 29, 2013
Honest Liberal wrote:
These scientists are heros of person kind. They care about our planet and have no ulterior motive. We need to pass the Fairness Doctrine so Fox News and others bought by Big Oil will no longer brainwash the sheep.
Then say goodby to MSNBC who admits being paid by union thugs!!!

Westerville, OH

#25360 Apr 29, 2013
Are not you guys the ones who said we will all starve in 2000?

Or that we will run out of critical healthcare metals?

Or that we will be overpopulated by the year 2000?

Or Al Gore said we will die of heat by when?

He's attending parties and posing for pictures with his fans. He's enjoying macaroni and cheese at the Discovery Channel's soir?e. He's palling around with Laurie David of Curb Your Enthusiasm, who is the husband of Larry David, who drives the Prius and then flies the GV. Larry David says, "You know, Al is a funny guy, but he's also a very serious guy who believes humans may have only 10 years left to save the planet from turning into a total frying pan."

Now, the last time I heard some liberal talk about "ten years" it was 1988, Ted Danson. We had ten years to save the oceans; we were all going to pay the consequences, which would result in our death. Now Al Gore says we've got ten years. Ten years left to save the planet from a scorching. Okay, we're going to start counting. This is January 27th, 2006. We will begin the count, ladies and gentlemen. This is just... You have to love these people -- from afar, and from a purely observational point of view.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2006/01/27/...

Westerville, OH

#25361 Apr 29, 2013
Liberals are the laughing stock of the world.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#25364 Apr 29, 2013
[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]Libs..... the laughing stock.[/QUOTE]

But re-pubic-lick-uns don't laugh because re-pubic-lick-uns are in stocks for (lick)ing (pubics)(re)peatedly.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#25365 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Patronising little twerp.
//////////
'fun farts' flopped:
I expected no less.
//////////
litesong wrote:
'fun farts', without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, & no science & mathematics degrees, I expected no more.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#25366 Apr 29, 2013
fun farts wrote:
It's a long book, but if you take the time and read it you would understand......
Is it as good as Marcia Bartusiak's Thursday's Universe.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25367 Apr 29, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Liberals are the laughing stock of the world.
Acrimony and hyperpartisanship have seeped into every part of the political process. Congress is deadlocked and its approval ratings are at record lows. America’s two main political parties have given up their traditions of compromise, endangering our very system of constitutional democracy. And one of these parties has taken on the role of insurgent outlier; the Republicans have become ideologically extreme, scornful of compromise, and ardently opposed to the established social and economic policy regime.

In It’s Even Worse Than It Looks, congressional scholars Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein identify two overriding problems that have led Congress—and the United States—to the brink of institutional collapse. The first is the serious mismatch between our political parties, which have become as vehemently adversarial as parliamentary parties, and a governing system that, unlike a parliamentary democracy, makes it extremely difficult for majorities to act. Second, while both parties participate in tribal warfare, both sides are not equally culpable. The political system faces what the authors call “asymmetric polarization,” with the Republican Party implacably refusing to allow anything that might help the Democrats politically, no matter the cost.

With dysfunction rooted in long-term political trends, a coarsened political culture and a new partisan media, the authors conclude that there is no “silver bullet” reform that can solve everything. But they offer a panoply of useful ideas and reforms, endorsing some solutions, like greater public participation and institutional restructuring of the House and Senate, while debunking others, like independent or third-party candidates. Above all, they call on the media as well as the public at large to focus on the true causes of dysfunction rather than just throwing the bums out every election cycle. Until voters learn to act strategically to reward problem solving and punish obstruction, American democracy will remain in serious danger.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25368 Apr 29, 2013
martinezjosei, "Now, the last time I heard some liberal talk about "ten years" it was 1988, Ted Danson. We had ten years to save the oceans; we were all going to pay the consequences, which would result in our death." We are 'paying the consequences as total world fisheries are on the brink of collapse and the Oceans grow more acidic--a boiling vast vat of acid bad enough for you? "A 2003 landmark study by a Canadian-German research team published in Nature concluded that 90 percent of the large fish in the oceans had disappeared over the last 50 years. Ransom Myers, a fisheries biologist at Canada’s Dalhousie University and lead scientist in this study, says:“From giant blue marlin to mighty bluefin tuna, from tropical groupers to Antarctic cod, industrial fishing has scoured the global ocean. There is no blue frontier left.” 5 "... "Overfishing is not the only threat to the world’s seafood supply. Some 90 percent of fish residing in the ocean rely on coastal wetlands, mangrove swamps, or rivers as spawning areas. Well over half of the mangrove forests in tropical and subtropical countries have been lost. The disappearance of coastal wetlands in industrial countries is even greater. In Italy, whose coastal wetlands are the nurseries for many Mediterranean fisheries, the loss is a whopping 95 percent. 69

Damage to coral reefs from higher ocean temperatures and ocean acidification caused by higher atmospheric carbon dioxide levels, as well as damage from pollution and sedimentation, are threatening these breeding grounds for fish in tropical and subtropical waters. Collapsing Fisheries - Earth Policy Institute
www.earth-policy.org/books/pb3/PB3ch5_ss6

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25369 Apr 29, 2013
“I think Lester Brown is one of the sharpest minds out there in terms of identifying the broad spectrum of ecological issues we face, and promoting practical, sensible solutions that are both environmentally and economically sound.”– Jeff McIntire-Strasburg, Sustainablog.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25370 Apr 29, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/27/opinion/the... "But we should not regard the pipeline or the eventual scale of tar sands production as inevitable. Nor should President Obama, whose decision is expected later this year, or Secretary of State John Kerry, who will advise him. In his Earth Day statement, Mr. Kerry, discussing global warming, said that “the science is screaming at all of us and demands action.” Blocking the pipeline is one obvious response. " Please ,Mr. President , stay strong on doing the right thing and stop Keystone XL. Make it as difficult as possible for companies to exploit our increasingly scarce, more expensive ,and ultimately damaging fossil fuels and ease the transition to develop renewable energy alternatives .

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25371 Apr 29, 2013
"Scientists monitoring global atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations report that, for the first time in human history, CO2 levels could soon rise above 400 parts per million for a sustained period of time in much of the Northern Hemisphere. " http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/400-...
Kyle

Knox, IN

#25375 Apr 29, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Coldest spring since 1975 but Global Warming ALARMIST will ignore FACTS!!!
Yo! Loser.jackass! You embarrassed yourself right off of this thread weeks ago. You imploded completely. Now you slink back as if your arguments had not been crushed.

And, just to emphasize the infantile nature of all of your arguments, YOU LEAD OFF WOTH RETARDED FALLACIOUS DENIER ARGUMENT #1!!!

Go by a effin' clue, effyard.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#25377 May 1, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Are not you guys the ones who said we will all starve in 2000?
Climate scientists? No. Anyone else you may be referring to would fall squarely in the "dishonest and fallacious argument" category.

martinezjosei wrote:
Or that we will run out of critical healthcare metals?
Climate scientists? No. Anyone else you may be referring to would fall squarely in the "dishonest and fallacious argument" category

martinezjosei wrote:
Or that we will be overpopulated by the year 2000?
Climate scientists? No. Anyone else you may be referring to would fall squarely in the "dishonest and fallacious argument" category

martinezjosei wrote:
Or Al Gore said we will die of heat by when?
First, you're lying (shocker) because he was referring to a point at which we will be unable to prevent future catastrophe, not the timing of the catastrophe itself. Second, unless Al recently received a PHD in climate science and published a peer reviewed paper, this is more dishonest and fallacious argument from denier scum.

Inre: your latest Argument from Al, ditto all of the above.

martinezjosei wrote:
... 1988, Ted Danson....
Is Ted a climate scientist, oh fallacious one? No? Then stfu.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#25378 May 2, 2013
Green energy is like living in the shade of a solar panel, with a wind turbine spinning on your hat. If climate change mitigation wasn't a hoax, there'd be experimental examples of it, or any man made global climate change.
Kyle

Wabash, IN

#25379 May 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Green energy is like living in the shade of a solar panel, with a wind turbine spinning on your hat. If climate change mitigation wasn't a hoax, there'd be experimental examples of it, or any man made global climate change.
Apparently, you're now just posting meaningless bafflegab because you have to post something to get your paycheck.

I'll ask again - so that you can be seen to dishonestly dodge again - how do you square these two facts:

1) You oppose - rabidly - all attempts to mitigate climate change.

2) You're only argument, repeated like an autistic parrot, is that we need to mitigate climate change to show that it's feasible.

Make it good, you effin' retard.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#25380 May 3, 2013
Kyle wrote:
Apparently, you're now just posting meaningless bafflegab because you have to post something to get your paycheck.
I post what I see; wind turbines spinning beyond the road going nowhere. That's progress?

I like generators kept indoors; I'm old fashioned.

Kyle wrote:
I'll ask again - so that you can be seen to dishonestly dodge again - how do you square these two facts:
Let's see if these 'facts' bear any resemblance to reality...

Kyle wrote:
1) You oppose - rabidly - all attempts to mitigate climate change.
Not even close, I support rabidly, any experiment to mitigate climate change, to see if the concept is feasible. You may mitigate climate to your heart's desire; please write up the results.

I don't consent to participate in Kyle's experiment. I hope he doesn't want 100% compliance, otherwise he's already failed.

Kyle wrote:
2) You're only argument, repeated like an autistic parrot, is that we need to mitigate climate change to show that it's feasible.
We need an experimental test to show if it's even possible for an experimental extraction or addition of CO2 or any other greenhouse gas, will cause a climate change. We don't necessarily need to mitigate climate change, it would suffice to change global climate in any in any measurable and reproducible way. Like a test.

Kyle wrote:
Make it good, you effin' retard.
I don't use profanity, and I don't insult my political opponents; this is where we differ. I don't believe Kyle's climate change mitigation ideas are good, but I wouldn't announce my opinion of his intellectual capacity. I'm against conservation as public and government policy; I want a society that encourages the production and use of energy and goods such as fuel. Again, this is where we differ.

I like prosperity, that means energy, fuel and productivity. I get a paycheck for doing my job; I post here for fun.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25381 May 3, 2013
Definition =Bush "Library"=

10K copies of My Little Goat & lots of empty chairs/heads...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Henry Kissinger "assembly of a new world order" 3 hr Space ace 1
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 3 hr Space ace 3
Drop one word....add one word game 4 hr _Zoey_ 84
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 8 hr Advertisment 26,226
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 11 hr Einer Joe Hansen ... 63
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 11 hr cantmakeitup 17
DHS considering new security measures to interc... 11 hr cantmakeitup 3
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search