Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 36487 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#25345 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Deniers are liars.
Fair Game, you have demonstrated a good mind that should not be wasted. You would enhance your ability to participate in these discussions if you would simply read what you post before you post it.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#25346 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair Game, you have demonstrated a good mind that should not be wasted. You would enhance your ability to participate in these discussions if you would simply read what you post before you post it.
Patronising little twerp.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#25347 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
I expected no less. LOL
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#25348 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, you've got to admit, you make it too easy. LOL
Mn Forum Users

Seattle, WA

#25349 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna tutorial on commas or is your "good mind" too filled with pompousness ?? Sorry, I can't say the same about you.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#25350 Apr 29, 2013
Mn Forum Users wrote:
<quoted text>Wanna tutorial on commas or is your "good mind" too filled with pompousness ?? Sorry, I can't say the same about you.
You have nothing of value to add to the discussion, so you want to talk about commas? Maybe there's a thread for that, but it's not this one.

P.S. I've been called all kinds of names I don't think you can come up with one I have heard.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25351 Apr 29, 2013
Mn Forum Users wrote:
<quoted text>To fossil fuel poster:

Wanna tutorial on commas or is your "good mind" too filled with pompousness ?? Sorry, I can't say the same about you.
It's the drought in its state that it is trying to deny here. Poor poor poster!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25352 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

P.S. I've been called all kinds of names I don't think you can come up with one I have heard.
haha "have heard" or 'have not heard?'

Also missing more punctuation.

You use your own skirt to cover your post's value.
Mn Forum Users

Seattle, WA

#25353 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing of value to add to the discussion, so you want to talk about commas? Maybe there's a thread for that, but it's not this one.
Nice try, but you were off topic... THEN, you weakly tell me I'm off ??? I see who adds nothing, it's you.

Global Warming isn't just political pissing matches, to our descendants....

If you were intelligent....
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#25354 Apr 29, 2013
Mn Forum Users wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try, but you were off topic... THEN, you weakly tell me I'm off ??? I see who adds nothing, it's you.
Global Warming isn't just political pissing matches, to our descendants....
If you were intelligent....
Would you like to discuss some facet of the global warming debate?

Off topic, no I was having an ongoing discussion with another poster. Unfortunately, you haven't been following because this particular poster conducts his discussion over many different threads. It's a challenge but that's how he does it.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25355 Apr 29, 2013
Just stick this portable outlet to your window to start using solar power: http://bit.ly/ZvOj53 www.grist.org

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#25356 Apr 29, 2013
Some people like sunlight coming through their windows...

Marengo, OH

#25358 Apr 29, 2013
Coldest spring since 1975 but Global Warming ALARMIST will ignore FACTS!!!

Marengo, OH

#25359 Apr 29, 2013
Honest Liberal wrote:
These scientists are heros of person kind. They care about our planet and have no ulterior motive. We need to pass the Fairness Doctrine so Fox News and others bought by Big Oil will no longer brainwash the sheep.
Then say goodby to MSNBC who admits being paid by union thugs!!!

Marengo, OH

#25360 Apr 29, 2013
Are not you guys the ones who said we will all starve in 2000?

Or that we will run out of critical healthcare metals?

Or that we will be overpopulated by the year 2000?

Or Al Gore said we will die of heat by when?

He's attending parties and posing for pictures with his fans. He's enjoying macaroni and cheese at the Discovery Channel's soir?e. He's palling around with Laurie David of Curb Your Enthusiasm, who is the husband of Larry David, who drives the Prius and then flies the GV. Larry David says, "You know, Al is a funny guy, but he's also a very serious guy who believes humans may have only 10 years left to save the planet from turning into a total frying pan."

Now, the last time I heard some liberal talk about "ten years" it was 1988, Ted Danson. We had ten years to save the oceans; we were all going to pay the consequences, which would result in our death. Now Al Gore says we've got ten years. Ten years left to save the planet from a scorching. Okay, we're going to start counting. This is January 27th, 2006. We will begin the count, ladies and gentlemen. This is just... You have to love these people -- from afar, and from a purely observational point of view.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2006/01/27/...

Marengo, OH

#25361 Apr 29, 2013
Liberals are the laughing stock of the world.
litesong

Everett, WA

#25364 Apr 29, 2013
[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]Libs..... the laughing stock.[/QUOTE]

But re-pubic-lick-uns don't laugh because re-pubic-lick-uns are in stocks for (lick)ing (pubics)(re)peatedly.
litesong

Everett, WA

#25365 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
//////////
'fun farts' flopped:
I expected no less.
//////////
litesong wrote:
'fun farts', without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, & no science & mathematics degrees, I expected no more.
litesong

Everett, WA

#25366 Apr 29, 2013
fun farts wrote:
It's a long book, but if you take the time and read it you would understand......
Is it as good as Marcia Bartusiak's Thursday's Universe.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25367 Apr 29, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Liberals are the laughing stock of the world.
Acrimony and hyperpartisanship have seeped into every part of the political process. Congress is deadlocked and its approval ratings are at record lows. America’s two main political parties have given up their traditions of compromise, endangering our very system of constitutional democracy. And one of these parties has taken on the role of insurgent outlier; the Republicans have become ideologically extreme, scornful of compromise, and ardently opposed to the established social and economic policy regime.

In It’s Even Worse Than It Looks, congressional scholars Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein identify two overriding problems that have led Congress—and the United States—to the brink of institutional collapse. The first is the serious mismatch between our political parties, which have become as vehemently adversarial as parliamentary parties, and a governing system that, unlike a parliamentary democracy, makes it extremely difficult for majorities to act. Second, while both parties participate in tribal warfare, both sides are not equally culpable. The political system faces what the authors call “asymmetric polarization,” with the Republican Party implacably refusing to allow anything that might help the Democrats politically, no matter the cost.

With dysfunction rooted in long-term political trends, a coarsened political culture and a new partisan media, the authors conclude that there is no “silver bullet” reform that can solve everything. But they offer a panoply of useful ideas and reforms, endorsing some solutions, like greater public participation and institutional restructuring of the House and Senate, while debunking others, like independent or third-party candidates. Above all, they call on the media as well as the public at large to focus on the true causes of dysfunction rather than just throwing the bums out every election cycle. Until voters learn to act strategically to reward problem solving and punish obstruction, American democracy will remain in serious danger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little boy blue nowhere to be found 2 hr Space ace 1
Keith ellison communist scum qualifications 2 hr Space ace 1
News Why Liberal Policies Are Terrible For Young People 2 hr Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
Fake news banned from press briefing 5 hr Space ace 1
News Minor Collision Involving Light Rail Train (Apr '11) 13 hr Phartlet 20
How many of us since the Pioneer Press days sti... 13 hr Space ace 10
CNN unreleased footage leak? 15 hr LIbEralS 3

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages