Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
Kyle

Knox, IN

#25332 Apr 28, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and I think you're right. Most aren't buying what the AGWs are selling. Follow the money.
Yes, by all means follow the money! Exxon-Mobil, coal cost, Koch brow, etc., representing fossil fuel profits measured in 100's of billions of $'s each year, funding 40 "think tanks" and buying or trying to buy nearly every national level politician.

Or were tlyou referring to that retarded conspiracy theory about scientists everywhere all ginning up false peer reviewed science and then deceptively peer reviewing it for reasons that are 180 degrees from reality?
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#25333 Apr 28, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, by all means follow the money! Exxon-Mobil, coal cost, Koch brow, etc., representing fossil fuel profits measured in 100's of billions of $'s each year, funding 40 "think tanks" and buying or trying to buy nearly every national level politician.
Or were tlyou referring to that retarded conspiracy theory about scientists everywhere all ginning up false peer reviewed science and then deceptively peer reviewing it for reasons that are 180 degrees from reality?
Not all scientists are 'on the take' just like not all politicians are 'on the take'. But it doesn't take all of them to cause problems, scientists or politicians, just a few can make a mess for everyone.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#25334 Apr 28, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all scientists are 'on the take' just like not all politicians are 'on the take'. But it doesn't take all of them to cause problems, scientists or politicians, just a few can make a mess for everyone.
An easy allegation to make anonymously, but those who have made it in print now face libel cases in court, which they will lose of course because there is absolutely no evidence of dishonesty.

Those who made the allegation in print were foolish and will face the law; those who slander anonymously face only being called weaselly lying scumbags, something I don't think with trouble their pitiful excuse for consciences.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#25338 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
An easy allegation to make anonymously, but those who have made it in print now face libel cases in court, which they will lose of course because there is absolutely no evidence of dishonesty.
Those who made the allegation in print were foolish and will face the law; those who slander anonymously face only being called weaselly lying scumbags, something I don't think with trouble their pitiful excuse for consciences.
We are a litigious society, that's true, but I doubt anyone would sue me over my post. Even if it were in print, in the newspaper, with my name on it.

"the green troll"

#25339 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
We are a litigious society, that's true, but I doubt anyone would sue me over my post. Even if it were in print, in the newspaper, with my name on it.
Something we will never know, as your slanders are done anonymously.

"the green troll"

#25340 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
We are a litigious society...
Oh no, you can't excuse it that way.

People like you have been telling wicked lies about scientists for years, even after enquiry after enquiry has found them not guilty.

Those who have been foolish enough to do it publicly deserve what they are going to get.

Anonymous weasels like you deserve only contempt.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#25341 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, you can't excuse it that way.
People like you have been telling wicked lies about scientists for years, even after enquiry after enquiry has found them not guilty.
Those who have been foolish enough to do it publicly deserve what they are going to get.
Anonymous weasels like you deserve only contempt.
Ok, I posted on the threads a lot. If I have stated 'wicked lies about scientists' you should be able to put your citations where your mouth is.

I know you're angry because I've torn you a few new ones lately, but nothing in my post comes close to slander or libel. I can't even give you good marks for effort.

The threads are entertainment. Contempt? get over it.

"the green troll"

#25342 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I posted on the threads a lot. If I have stated 'wicked lies about scientists' you should be able to put your citations where your mouth is.
I know you're angry because I've torn you a few new ones lately, but nothing in my post comes close to slander or libel. I can't even give you good marks for effort.
The threads are entertainment. Contempt? get over it.
Deniers are liars.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25343 Apr 29, 2013
We don't live in a Ayn Randian fantasy world where government can just abstain from any involvement in the market, and thank goodness for that. "Fisker Automotive may not be doing so well, even after its Department of Energy loan, but on the whole the government has a good—and necessary—track record on electric cars."... hen in 2008 George W. Bush signed the law creating the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program (ATVM), which gives loans to car companies investing in green tech, conservatives were outraged. They took to talk radio to express their dismay, they introduced bills to dismantle the program, they poured contempt on Bush for trying to "pick winners and losers" with a bunch of hippie-mobiles running on patchouli and idealistic delusions."

"I'm just kidding, of course. Conservatives didn't actually do those things. It was only when Barack Obama took office in 2009 that they discovered their antipathy to the ATVM (though their dislike of electric cars was evident long before). The program got some scrutiny last week when the House Oversight Committee held a hearing on the dire straits of Fisker Automotive, the recipient of a Department of Energy loan. Despite the fact that a number of the Republicans on the committee, including chairman Darrel Issa, had previously requested DoE loans for green-tech companies in their own districts, they delivered all the dudgeon they could muster at Fisker and the DoE for its unconscionable meddling in the private sector." Don't Give Up on Green Tech Yet
Don't Give Up on Green Tech Yet. Paul Waldman.... Paul Waldman is a contributing editor for the Prospect and the author of Being Right is Not Enough:...
prospect.org/article/dont-give-green-tech-yet
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#25344 Apr 29, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
We don't live in a Ayn Randian fantasy world where government can just abstain from any involvement in the market, and thank goodness for that.
It's a long book, but if you take the time and read it you would understand your above statement has nothing to do with Rand's philosphy.

Again a statement of extremes. Most of us do not live at the extremes of political views. I call it the looney left and the wacky right. There are those who fit the description, most of us live in the middle.

Having said that, our government should not 'invest' our taxpayer dollars in private industry.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#25345 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Deniers are liars.
Fair Game, you have demonstrated a good mind that should not be wasted. You would enhance your ability to participate in these discussions if you would simply read what you post before you post it.

"the green troll"

#25346 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair Game, you have demonstrated a good mind that should not be wasted. You would enhance your ability to participate in these discussions if you would simply read what you post before you post it.
Patronising little twerp.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#25347 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
I expected no less. LOL
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#25348 Apr 29, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, you've got to admit, you make it too easy. LOL
Mn Forum Users

Seattle, WA

#25349 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna tutorial on commas or is your "good mind" too filled with pompousness ?? Sorry, I can't say the same about you.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#25350 Apr 29, 2013
Mn Forum Users wrote:
<quoted text>Wanna tutorial on commas or is your "good mind" too filled with pompousness ?? Sorry, I can't say the same about you.
You have nothing of value to add to the discussion, so you want to talk about commas? Maybe there's a thread for that, but it's not this one.

P.S. I've been called all kinds of names I don't think you can come up with one I have heard.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25351 Apr 29, 2013
Mn Forum Users wrote:
<quoted text>To fossil fuel poster:

Wanna tutorial on commas or is your "good mind" too filled with pompousness ?? Sorry, I can't say the same about you.
It's the drought in its state that it is trying to deny here. Poor poor poster!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25352 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

P.S. I've been called all kinds of names I don't think you can come up with one I have heard.
haha "have heard" or 'have not heard?'

Also missing more punctuation.

You use your own skirt to cover your post's value.
Mn Forum Users

Seattle, WA

#25353 Apr 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing of value to add to the discussion, so you want to talk about commas? Maybe there's a thread for that, but it's not this one.
Nice try, but you were off topic... THEN, you weakly tell me I'm off ??? I see who adds nothing, it's you.

Global Warming isn't just political pissing matches, to our descendants....

If you were intelligent....
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#25354 Apr 29, 2013
Mn Forum Users wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try, but you were off topic... THEN, you weakly tell me I'm off ??? I see who adds nothing, it's you.
Global Warming isn't just political pissing matches, to our descendants....
If you were intelligent....
Would you like to discuss some facet of the global warming debate?

Off topic, no I was having an ongoing discussion with another poster. Unfortunately, you haven't been following because this particular poster conducts his discussion over many different threads. It's a challenge but that's how he does it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cassel stinks bridgewater rocks 6 hr Joey Zaza 7
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr Republicans for G... 26,281
Who Do The Vikings Play Today? 15 hr It is OK to be No... 3
I hate british people Sat Space ace 40
Drop one word....add one word game Sat _Zoey_ 121
Communism is a joke Sat Stalker 4
Another White Guy slaughter his own family once... Sat Space gay ace 15
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••