Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
23,961 - 23,980 of 32,321 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]...... but the models are wrong.
I don't know why the stratosphere isn't warming; I suspect there isn't as much CO2 as in the troposphere.[/QUOTE]

toxic topix AGW denier,'lyin' brian', who has no science or mathematics degrees, nor science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, & has errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 73 million TIMES, & 2.5+ trillion TIMES, is surprised why the stratosphere isn't warming....... surprise surprise!

'lyin' brian' missed its energy flow equations, along with all the other equations it missed in all its missed science & mathematics classes.

Did I say,'lyin' brian' has errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 73 million TIMES, & 2.5+ trillion TIMES?
Yes, I did say,'lyin' brian' has errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 73 million TIMES, & 2.5+ trillion TIMES?
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I wrote: CO2 is in the upper atmosphere too, not as much but more thanks to our CO2 emissions. The upper atmosphere is supposed to warm because of greenhouse warming, but the models are wrong.
Because there are no experimental tests.
I don't know why the stratosphere isn't warming; I suspect there isn't as much CO2 as in the troposphere.
Either you're still lying or blissfully ignorant of basic climate concepts. Of course, we long since learned that you are both.

The upper atmosphere IS the stratosphere, as I'm sure you now know - but are willing to appear stupid about to avoid ever conceding on the tiniest matter. Therefore, you REPEATED YOUR ERROR - "The upper atmosphere is supposed to warm because of greenhouse warming,... "

You lose, loser. You've not just been caught in a blatant, 180deg from correct, error - and then repeatedly weaseled out of acknowledging it -

YOU REPEATED THE ERROR!

As I've stated multiple times, a near universal characteristic of both conspiracy theorists (which science deniers are) and trolls is the utter inability to ever concede on the tiniest point no matter how obvious the loss.

As both a conspiracy theorist and a troll, you will endlessly evade this transparent error. Exploiting this quirk in the CT'ist brain will be quite entertaining.

An honest and rational person would simply concede it, hit you are neither and pathologically so.

Weasel on, Lyin' Brian!
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]...... but the models are wrong.I don't know why the stratosphere isn't warming; I suspect there isn't as much CO2 as in the troposphere.[/QUOTE]

Lyin' Brian is too busy lying to even read responses. I long ago spelled out exactly why the stratosphere would cool at the same time that I explained why warming is greater at night, in winter, and at high latitudes. I did so qualitatively using a simple, but wholly appropriate analogy that a child could understand.

If warming were caused by any non-GHE forcing function, warming would be greater during the day, in summer, near the equator, and yes, the stratosphere would warm as well. This is analogous to increasing the flame in an oven or fireplace. The outside walls of the oven or house would get warmer as the interiors warmed.

The GHE is analogous to increasing the insulation in the walls of the oven or house. This also warms the interiors but the outer walls are actually cooler. This should be easy to grasp for anyone with basic intuitive physics. Either Lyin' Brian lacks intuitive physics or he's being willfully ignorant (lying). Possibly both.

One can think of the back bedrooms being analogous to polar regions. Winter is analogous to the fire in the fireplacing dying down between stokings. If the house were warmer because of a bigger fire, the living room would warm the most and the warming would be greatest when the fire was strong. If the house were warmer because of increased insulation, the back bedrooms would warm the most and the warming would greatest when the fire was low.

The science unequivocally supports that every one of these observations is on the side of GHE warming. Some of the numbers are astoundingly large.

Lie away, Lyin' Brian.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know
You should have started there and ended there.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
... I explained why warming is greater at night, in winter, and at high latitudes...
How convenient, at night when everyone's asleep at the poles where nobody's near. I doubt anybody will notice this climate catastrophe.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How convenient, at night when everyone's asleep at the poles where nobody's near. I doubt anybody will notice this climate catastrophe.
Congratulations. You have reached another level of stupidity.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
Congratulations. You have reached another level of stupidity.
We're talking about Kyle's theory man made global warming happens most violently at the poles, where nobody's around to witness and at night when most people sleep. Don't blame me for your bad pseudoscience.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How convenient, at night when everyone's asleep at the poles where nobody's near. I doubt anybody will notice this climate catastrophe.
Your dishonest dodge inre: the cooling of the stratosphere is noted and YOUR CONCESSION IS ACCEPTED.

LYING TROLL!
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We're talking about Kyle's theory man made global warming happens most violently at the poles, where nobody's around to witness and at night when most people sleep.
How are you a moron, let me count the ways:

1) It's not MY theory; it's FUNDAMENTAL HEAT TRANSFER CONCEPTS!

2) I thought if I dumbed it down with an analogy of a house heated with a single fireplace, even a dolt like you would see the obvious nature of the energy flows, but you're either megadolt or being willfully stupid.

3a) How effin' STOOOPID do you have to be to imply that polar temps aren't important because people aren't at the poles? Sea level rise will largely be a function of polar temps, not equatorial temps.

3b) The current cold spring is because the jet stream is weakened. Why? Because of 1000's of sq. miles of open sea that used to be iced over.

4) How effin' STOOOPID do you have to be to imply that night time temps aren't important because people are asleep? Crops and soils don't sleep. Livestock doesn't sleep in climate controlled enclosures. People would be just as screwed if they didn't have air conditioning and if they did, their electric bill would go up and GHG emissions with it.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Don't blame me for your bad pseudoscience.
As for the primary matter at hand - stratospheric cooling and your ERROR - talk to Freeman Dyson about HIS "pseudoscience", you microencephalitic gnat.

Your hilarious concession is again accepted.

Why don't you just admit the obvious - you were wrong about the direction of GH warming temp change in the stratosphere? Every time you tap dance and make a fool of yourself by refusing to do so just piles on the evidence that you're a classic conspiracy theorist and a troll. If you were rational, you would have done so long ago. I don't think you can force yourself to do it; such is the level of cognitive pathology in your fevered frontal lobes.

Wingnut's turn. Make your employer proud! ;o)
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We're talking about Kyle's theory man made global warming happens most violently at the poles, where nobody's around to witness and at night when most people sleep. Don't blame me for your bad pseudoscience.
First, somebody's around. If not the natives, then the occasional scientific expedition. There are even (gasp) camps full of scientists within both polar circles. And guess what? They are recording drastic warming, at least in the north.

Nighttime, huh? EVERYBODY sleeps at night? Do they sleep six months at a time? Then I guess they make up for it during the six months of daylight; why, the poles must be crawling with folks then!

Don't blame us for your stupidity elevator descending to the next level.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Check this out: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/25/1204... # "The idea of human-induced global climate change is one of the greatest hoaxes perpetrated out of the scientific community. It is a hoax." That's Rep. Paul Broun of Georgia speaking on the floor of the House of Representatives. Presumably sober. And serious. And stupid.

It would be so therapeutic to laugh off this lunacy. To acknowledge that in a Congress of 535 members there are bound to be a couple or three morons. A handful of representatives and senators providing the nation with a daily eye-roll. Hicks and halfwits who sit heavy-lidded in meetings all day long with their earbuds tuned into Limbaugh or other hate-radio losers.

But it's not just a couple. It's a couple of hundred. Elected men and women who are either deep in willful ignorance or blinded by the Koch and Exxon campaign cash they are up to their eyebrows in.

It would be comforting if they were all backwoods types where modern communications don't reach and the key industry is meth manufacture. But the Speaker of the House from urban Ohio is on board with denial, showing off his keen understanding of biology by making mouth-farts about how humans can't be causing climate change because cows emit CO2 via their digestive systems. Instead of the methane they actually do.

As the video above points out, these denier Republicans, the bought-and-paid-for ones combined with the blockheads, have rejected two dozen calls for congressional hearings on climate change. They don't even want to talk about it."

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

"A groundbreaking new study, published in Nature Geoscience, has found that global temperatures were warmer between 1970 and 2000 than any other 30-year period in the last 1,400 years.

The research, compiled by 73 scientists from 28 institutions worldwide, is the most comprehensive reconstruction of global temperatures to date. It used corals, ice cores, tree rings, lake and marine sediments, historical records, cave deposits and climate archives to help establish temperature trends over the last 2,000 years." ... "The timing of the warming period correlates directly with an increase in carbon emissions from human activity over the same period and broadly confirms an ever-growing message from climate scientists: climate change is happening, it is caused by humans and billions of people will fall victim to it without urgent action.

For example, the latest briefing from the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) warns that scientific consensus that global climate is due to human activity is strong and should not be ignored, and the upcoming Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change fifth report is expected to further bolster this overwhelming consensus."Check this out: http://ecowatch.com/2013/study-reaffirms-huma...

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

SunPower has officially begun construction at Warren Buffett's famed 579MW Antelope Valley Solar Projects, expected to be be completed within 2 years. When complete, California will be home to the largest PV array in the world. http://tinyurl.com/cklhqwf
Proof above average today

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Global Warming is proved today as it is above average today..

See it's Global Warming!!!
Kyle

Knox, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Proof above average today wrote:
Global Warming is proved today as it is above average today..
See it's Global Warming!!!
I assume this is Lyin' Brian's sock puppet; Lyin' Brian being too dishonest to face the music yet too rabidly anti-science to stay away.

And also, because it's exactly the kind of retarded BS that cretin specializes in flinging around.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
Check this out: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/25/1204... # "The idea of human-induced global climate change is one of the greatest hoaxes perpetrated out of the scientific community. It is a hoax." That's Rep. Paul Broun of Georgia speaking on the floor of the House of Representatives. Presumably sober. And serious. And stupid.
It would be so therapeutic to laugh off this lunacy. To acknowledge that in a Congress of 535 members there are bound to be a couple or three morons. A handful of representatives and senators providing the nation with a daily eye-roll. Hicks and halfwits who sit heavy-lidded in meetings all day long with their earbuds tuned into Limbaugh or other hate-radio losers.
But it's not just a couple. It's a couple of hundred. Elected men and women who are either deep in willful ignorance or blinded by the Koch and Exxon campaign cash they are up to their eyebrows in.
It would be comforting if they were all backwoods types where modern communications don't reach and the key industry is meth manufacture. But the Speaker of the House from urban Ohio is on board with denial, showing off his keen understanding of biology by making mouth-farts about how humans can't be causing climate change because cows emit CO2 via their digestive systems. Instead of the methane they actually do.
As the video above points out, these denier Republicans, the bought-and-paid-for ones combined with the blockheads, have rejected two dozen calls for congressional hearings on climate change. They don't even want to talk about it."
There are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation. Some politicians know you can't fool all the people all the time. It takes a special kind of pol to use fear and pseudoscience to promote new taxes and regulations.

There's no experimental evidence a new tax will change or mitigate climate change.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Feel free to do your experiments, nanny stater.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Brian G, "There are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation." A variety of leading experts explained how human-caused warming worsened the 2011 drought (see Warming-Enhanced Texas Drought Is Once in “500 or 1,000 Years … Basically Off the Charts,” Says State Climatologist). "And numerous scientific studies have projected that global warming will dry out the Southwest and at least parts of the Central Great Plains:

Aiguo Dai of the National Center for Atmospheric Research,“Drought under global warming: a review”(2010)
Michael Wehner et al.,“Projections of Future Drought in the Continental United States and Mexico”(2011)" Check this out: http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/04/12/1... " EPA is taking action under the Clean Air Act to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the largest sources by increasing the efficiency of our power plants, cars, and trucks. Our analyses show that these regulations will save consumers money at the pump, improve the air we breathe, promote jobs in the green technology sector, and cut millions of tons of harmful greenhouse gas emissions." Check this out: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/EPAactivitie...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

The Clean Air Act explicitly allows us to emit CO2 without EPA interference.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Feel free to do your experiments, nanny stater.

WAITING !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••