Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
23,921 - 23,940 of 32,066 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'll be in the control group that emits CO2 ad lib. I don't consent to your unprecedented, novel experiment. I don't consent to reducing human CO2 emissions because once a human stops emitting CO2 he dies.
Try again.
Every time you dodge like this and lead us around in a circle, you just illustrate more clearly what a deceptive weasel you are. Let’s list how many ways the above is BS and non-responsive, shall we?:

1) There can’t be a control group on a planetary scale. When I pointed this out BEFORE, you said that we didn’t need another Earth, just do it on the one we have. Therefore, your control group BS is both stupid and contradicts your earlier statements.
2) It has been shown conclusively that we are performing an experiment – the inverse of the one that you insist we must have while simultaneously insisting we should not.
3) You’re still using the RTARDED 5th grade conception of what makes for valid scientific observation – because to deal with it being refuted would be to implode.
4) You’re still ignoring the clear impact of your RETARDED 5th grade conception on several other scientific fields – because to engage on it would be to implode.
5) You’re perfectly willing to look RETARDED by conflating reduction with elimination – as denier scum will do to avoid reality.
6) You’re perfectly willing to look RETARDED by spouting non sequitur BS about exhaling CO2 – as this particular denier scum often does to avoid reality.

Nothing but a miserable implosion, Lyin’ Brian. So miserable, so deceptive, and so non-responsive as to represent another clear concession.

Now, tell us how you square your claim the GH theory says that the stratosphere should warm when I linked to denier hero Freeman Dyson saying that stratospheric cooling is the most obvious evidence for GH warming.

Do it now or concede that you’re a weasel.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'll be in the control group that emits CO2 ad lib. I don't consent to your unprecedented, novel experiment. I don't consent to reducing human CO2 emissions because once a human stops emitting CO2 he dies.
Try again.
Here I am, trying again as you asked:

Now, tell us how you square your claim the GH theory says that the stratosphere should warm when I linked to denier hero Freeman Dyson saying that stratospheric cooling is the most obvious evidence for GH warming.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Try again.
Trying one more time, as you asked:

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
Every time you dodge like this and lead us around in a circle, you just illustrate more clearly what a deceptive weasel you are. Let’s list how many ways the above is BS and non-responsive, shall we?:
I don't volunteer, I don't want to be part of your climate change mitigation by restricting CO2 emissions. I say No!

Kyle wrote:
1) There can’t be a control group on a planetary scale. When I pointed this out BEFORE, you said that we didn’t need another Earth, just do it on the one we have. Therefore, your control group BS is both stupid and contradicts your earlier statements.
You don't need a control group, you just need to manipulate the independent variable and measure the dependent variable over time. Forget the control group, it's just a light way to say I don't like your climate experiment of taxing fossil fuel production and use.

Kyle wrote:
2) It has been shown conclusively that we are performing an experiment – the inverse of the one that you insist we must have while simultaneously insisting we should not.
No, we aren't "performing an experiment" we are arguing. Don't you know what an experiment is?

Kyle wrote:
3) You’re still using the RTARDED 5th grade conception of what makes for valid scientific observation – because to deal with it being refuted would be to implode.
I just want to see a working sample, a demonstration of man made climate change before I buy into climate change mitigation. That's not too much to ask, don't buy a pig in a poke.

Kyle wrote:
4) You’re still ignoring the clear impact of your RETARDED 5th grade conception on several other scientific fields – because to engage on it would be to implode.
You said that before. It's still childish insults, name calling is ad hominem fallacy.

Kyle wrote:
5) You’re perfectly willing to look RETARDED by conflating reduction with elimination – as denier scum will do to avoid reality.
Elimination is a form of reduction but not all reduction requires elimination. Better safe than sorry when it comes to our individual right to use oxygen and emit carbon dioxide.

Kyle wrote:
6) You’re perfectly willing to look RETARDED by spouting non sequitur BS about exhaling CO2 – as this particular denier scum often does to avoid reality.
Reality is, the CO2 you produce when you burn fossil fuel is identical to the CO2 you produce when you breathe.

Kyle wrote:
Nothing but a miserable implosion, Lyin’ Brian. So miserable, so deceptive, and so non-responsive as to represent another clear concession. Now, tell us how you square your claim the GH theory says that the stratosphere should warm when I linked to denier hero Freeman Dyson saying that stratospheric cooling is the most obvious evidence for GH warming. Do it now or concede that you’re a weasel.
We don't have enough experimental data to forecast or mitigate climate change. If you disagree, please post the most compelling experiment you've seen for climate change mitigation.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:

"Now, tell us how you square your claim the GH theory says that the stratosphere should warm when I linked to denier hero Freeman Dyson saying that stratospheric cooling is the most obvious evidence for GH warming. Do it now or concede that you’re a weasel."
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We don't have enough experimental data to forecast or mitigate climate change. If you disagree, please post the most compelling experiment you've seen for climate change mitigation.
Forget the rest for now. The above is 110% non-responsive, you effin' weasel.

I repeat - You claimed that GH theory predicts a warming stratosphere. Freeman effin' Dyson says that stratospheric COOLING is the BEST evidence for GH warming.

Square this or admit that you were wrong.

Total inability to concede on any point, even a trivial one, is the classic characteristic of conspiracy theorists as well as trolls
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2013-0 ...

"Fueled by industrial greenhouse gas emissions, Earth's climate warmed more between 1971 and 2000 than during any other three-decade interval in the last 1,400 years, according to new regional temperature reconstructions covering all seven continents. This period of manmade global warming, which continues today, reversed a natural cooling trend that lasted several hundred years, according to results published in the journal Nature Geoscience by more than 80 scientists from 24 nations analyzing climate data from tree rings, pollen, cave formations, ice cores, lake and ocean sediments, and historical records from around the world."

Not undeniable but you have to be an extreme idiot like BG or unsane (if that isn't redundant).
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'll be in the control group that emits CO2 ad lib.
I would think the control (that would be the Earth) would be the group where nothing is added and nothing is subtracted. You don't understand "control group" methinks.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't consent to your unprecedented, novel experiment.
Don't look now, you unmitigated fool, but you're in the midst of an unprecedented, novel experiment.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't consent to reducing human CO2 emissions because once a human stops emitting CO2 he dies.
Try again.
A total argument from absurdity.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

It is time for everyone to completely ignore the trolling, lying, corporately paid, unmitigated idiot that is Brian_G. In those more fundamentalist churches, this is called shunning.

He has no argument.
He will not listen to reason.
He does not understand science or he is paid to act like he doesn't understand.
He is a waste of oxygen and a huge emitter of CO2.

I know it will be hard not to respond to some of the incorrect, insane, untrue, and stupid things that lyin brian says, but the ONLY appropriate response to brain_gone is:

LIAR!

It is especially desirable to completely ignore braindead if he gets paid by the numbers of us who respond to us. I don't know what his payment plan is, but I do know that he is a LIAR.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

A troll wants to cause a commotion and get people ranting and raving because they want their presence on a forum or comments thread to be the main focus. They want the spotlight and attention on them.

To do this they will disrupt the flow of conversation, provoke fellow commenters and/or post abusive statements to inflame a response.

Often they will play devils advocate, vigorously defending statements or positions they know to be illogical or untrue in an attempt to get people riled up.

http://www.insidersedge.co.uk/lifestyletips/h...

Of course Brian is paid to do it.

It's the perfect strategy. If nobody points out how stupid his arguments are, it looks like he has a point nobody can answer; if somebody point out how stupid his argument is, he can claim that being called stupid proves he has won the argument.

It's said that Americans will put up with anything in a political argument except being condescended to.

Unfortunately, pointing out how stupid and disingenuous Brian's phoney arguments are is inevitably seen as condescending by those for who it's all he said she said.

Like Paul Ryan said: "we'll never have the smart people on our side".

Brian's just looking for enough dumb people to block action.
One side is perfectly happy with government inaction. In fact, obstruction and gridlock serve their ideological and practical goals. They win if nothing happens. The other side sees problems that require collective action and try to achieve policy goals through the American political system, which seems more daunting each day. This conflict is asymmetrical — the anti-government side can play out the clock through inaction, while those trying to solve the problem need to use current system to achieve reform.
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/04/22/1...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
It is time for everyone to completely ignore the trolling, lying, corporately paid, unmitigated idiot that is Brian_G. In those more fundamentalist churches, this is called shunning.
He has no argument.
He will not listen to reason.
He does not understand science or he is paid to act like he doesn't understand.
He is a waste of oxygen and a huge emitter of CO2.
I know it will be hard not to respond to some of the incorrect, insane, untrue, and stupid things that lyin brian says, but the ONLY appropriate response to brain_gone is:
LIAR!
It is especially desirable to completely ignore braindead if he gets paid by the numbers of us who respond to us. I don't know what his payment plan is, but I do know that he is a LIAR.
Totally agreed.

Thanks for posting it.

We need to repeat the message.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

I like the idea of one of us writing a response, then ALL of us re-posting it after Brain Gone EVERY-TIME....
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
I like the idea of one of us writing a response, then ALL of us re-posting it after Brain Gone EVERY-TIME....
Sure.

Best policy considering...
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
Best policy considering...
Agreed.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Brain Teaser:

How is Lyin' Brian different from Post Hole Digger?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
Brain Teaser:
How is Lyin' Brian different from Post Hole Digger?
Excellent question.

The latter flaunts its ignorance, and keeps a potty mouth.

The former has changed personality in 2013 and has taken up favoring nonpotty mouth. However, they stroke each other whenever they can.

I'm imagining that the former is a group whereas the latter an individual.
Bushwacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Both offer/create nothing/voids, but with the post hole digger it's desirable ???
Bushwackers Psych

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Bushwacker wrote:
Both offer/create nothing/voids, but with the post hole digger it's desirable ???
Slewsie is every bit a sociopath and a narcissist, and by definition this makes He/She/It a liar, an It who uses others for personal gain without consideration of the effect, an It who feels little remorse for It's actions but is highly susceptible to feeling shame, and an It who demands validation because deep down, people of Slewsie's nature are incredibly insecure.

Slewsie manipulates womyn and BOI's compulsively and systematically, and while we are never privy to the details of It's prior relationships (aside from regular Psychotic Posts that seems to indicate It became volatile at the end Uncle Daddy's Manhood), we witness Its damning behavior through Its redundant interactions with Red Reamer the "Pimp from da Hood".
Bushwacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Spammer Psycho con-

4 kids, a failed marriage, and a drunk hiatus. At least you took responsibility ??? LMAOROTFU~!

Sorry, I forgot, you post threads here...criticizing minorities, for family problems...

SWEET IRONY, right ???
Bushwackers Psych

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Bushwacker wrote:
Spammer Psycho con-
4 kids, a failed marriage, and a drunk hiatus. At least you took responsibility ??? LMAOROTFU~!
Sorry, I forgot, you post threads here...criticizing minorities, for family problems...
SWEET IRONY, right ???
Sociopaths tend to "feel" that if they say "Ya well what about you" often enough, that they are Validated in the Life of Greed, Hedonism, and Narcissism they adhere to as "Folks" that embrace the 7 Deadly Sins.

Why?

Because as every Demokrat Defective knows...."Everybody does it"

“Impeach Obama!”

Since: Jul 08

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep finding blocks of ice on my 350 degrees oven!!!
But, surely insects with big appendages are proliferating because of GLOBAL WARMING! You should have seen the mosquito that I just swapped on my arm. And, that was not a dildo that fell out of the garbage truck that hit my windshield today, either. That was another mosquito with a big appendage caused by GLOBAL WARMING! How can MUTANT GLOBAL WARMING INSECTS actually fly with such huge appendages?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••