Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
Bushwacked

Seattle, WA

#25265 Apr 22, 2013
Another obvious idiot racist... Geez, get a job...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25266 Apr 22, 2013
Kyle wrote:
Brain Teaser:
How is Lyin' Brian different from Post Hole Digger?
A post-hole digger has two sides that operate together to get work done.

Lyin brian has one side and accomplishes nothing.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#25267 Apr 22, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
It is time for everyone to completely ignore the trolling, lying, corporately paid, unmitigated idiot that is Brian_G. In those more fundamentalist churches, this is called shunning.
He has no argument.
He will not listen to reason.
He does not understand science or he is paid to act like he doesn't understand.
He is a waste of oxygen and a huge emitter of CO2.
I know it will be hard not to respond to some of the incorrect, insane, untrue, and stupid things that lyin brian says, but the ONLY appropriate response to brain_gone is:
LIAR!
It is especially desirable to completely ignore braindead if he gets paid by the numbers of us who respond to us. I don't know what his payment plan is, but I do know that he is a LIAR.
I disagree on multiple counts.
Your statement, "He does not understand science or he is paid to act like he doesn't understand," to be the truth, must be, "He does not understand science & he is paid to act like he doesn't understand."

Also, your statement, "the ONLY appropriate response to brain_gone is:
LIAR", disallows me from calling 'lyin' brian', a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rooting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener."

Sorry, I ain't gonna stop. I got the rhythm. I got the 'lyin' brian' inspiration.'lyin' brian' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rooting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener."
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25268 Apr 22, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement, "He does not understand science or he is paid to act like he doesn't understand," to be the truth, must be, "He does not understand science & he is paid to act like he doesn't understand."
LIAR", disallows me from calling 'lyin' brian', a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rooting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener."
Sorry, I ain't gonna stop. I got the rhythm. I got the 'lyin' brian' inspiration.'lyin' brian' is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rooting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener."
Do what you want to. I just hope you're not helping lyin brian make money.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25269 Apr 22, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out "rotting".
THE LONE WORKER

Bellevue, WA

#25270 Apr 23, 2013
Philliproy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, surely insects with big appendages are proliferating because of GLOBAL WARMING! You should have seen the mosquito that I just swapped on my arm. And, that was not a dildo that fell out of the garbage truck that hit my windshield today, either. That was another mosquito with a big appendage caused by GLOBAL WARMING! How can MUTANT GLOBAL WARMING INSECTS actually fly with such huge appendages?
People mistake Maybugs for mosquito's sometimes. If all the ice caps melt though, places that are at or below sea level now, may be underwater at that point.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25271 Apr 23, 2013
Kyle wrote:
Kyle wrote: "Now, tell us how you square your claim the GH theory says that the stratosphere should warm when I linked to denier hero Freeman Dyson saying that stratospheric cooling is the most obvious evidence for GH warming. Do it now or concede that you’re a weasel."
<quoted text>
Forget the rest for now. The above is 110% non-responsive, you effin' weasel. I repeat - You claimed that GH theory predicts a warming stratosphere. Freeman effin' Dyson says that stratospheric COOLING is the BEST evidence for GH warming. Square this or admit that you were wrong.
Total inability to concede on any point, even a trivial one, is the classic characteristic of conspiracy theorists as well as trolls
I don't have to fix your broken theory, I don't believe we need to mitigate climate nor is there an immanent climate catastrophe. I don't think emitting carbon dioxide causes harm; which is a good thing since I need to emit CO2 to survive.

I would like to see an experiment published in a peer reviewed journal, that tries to answer Kyle's question.

I never claimed: "GH theory says that the stratosphere should warm" but I did claim, there has never been an atmospheric experiment testing GH theory.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#25272 Apr 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent question.
The latter flaunts its ignorance, and keeps a potty mouth.
The former has changed personality in 2013 and has taken up favoring nonpotty mouth. However, they stroke each other whenever they can.
I'm imagining that the former is a group whereas the latter an individual.
I hadn't considered the possibility of a group. I think it unlikely. I don't think a group would be as consistent (in TECHNIQUE, not in their arguments) as Lyin' Brian. Also, I can't imagine that a group would all agree to look so damn stupid so often. I'd think at least one would have enough pride to resist that, or enough sense to see how counterproductive looking both pathologically deceptive and retarded is for their cause.

BTW, I thought the answer was:

Post Hole Digger is more insane than immoral, and likely clinically diagnosable. Lyin' Brian is more immoral than insane. In fact, he may be sane depending upon definition. Some might argue that being willing to appear consistently both retarded and a pathological liar is insane. Others might argue that doing so for short term gain at the expense of the entire species and our planet is insane.

Regardless of his insanity, clearly Lyin' Brian is more aware than Post Hole Digger that he's factually wrong and a logical travesty; therefore, he's far more morally culpable.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25273 Apr 23, 2013
Here's something to think about: the Carbon Bubble we're all riding. Fossil fuel companies are valued for market purposes, and part of that valuation includes their in-the-ground assets, the coal and oil they own. Problem: if all of those assets are taken out of the ground and used, civilization is over. So the wealth represented by these companies is delusional. The Guardian quotes experts who think that the bubble's gonna pop, sooner or later, and...well, you can read all about it here. Funny that you don't hear so much about this in the US media, eh? Check this out: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/ap...
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#25274 Apr 23, 2013
LIAR!

Tue., Apr. 23rd:
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I never claimed: "GH theory says that the stratosphere should warm" ...
Wed., Apr. 10th:
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The upper atmosphere is supposed to warm because of greenhouse warming,...
LIAR!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25275 Apr 23, 2013
That's what deniers do here and elsewhere .. LIE.

Callendar didn't foresee just how much fossil fuels we would be burning over the next 75 years and what kind of negative effects we could produce with this gigantic chemical experiment in our planet by pumping billions of tons of carbon into its atmosphere.

Money wasted towards a carbob bubble?

"Two-thirds of a trillion" dollars were spent last year alone in fossil-fuels exploration when only a quarter of the known reserves can be burned in any conceivable future.

Plus nature's destruction and exploration accidents.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25276 Apr 23, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't considered the possibility of a group. I think it unlikely. I don't think a group would be as consistent (in TECHNIQUE, not in their arguments) as Lyin' Brian. Also, I can't imagine that a group would all agree to look so damn stupid so often. I'd think at least one would have enough pride to resist that, or enough sense to see how counterproductive looking both pathologically deceptive and retarded is for their cause.
BTW, I thought the answer was:
Post Hole Digger is more insane than immoral, and likely clinically diagnosable. Lyin' Brian is more immoral than insane. In fact, he may be sane depending upon definition. Some might argue that being willing to appear consistently both retarded and a pathological liar is insane. Others might argue that doing so for short term gain at the expense of the entire species and our planet is insane.
Regardless of his insanity, clearly Lyin' Brian is more aware than Post Hole Digger that he's factually wrong and a logical travesty; therefore, he's far more morally culpable.
Agreed in principle.

b_gone has posted about 41,000 times the same lies 24/7 in sickness and health. Surely, that's insane regardless of its monetary prison. They've both conducted insane and immoral acts.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#25277 Apr 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
Here's something to think about: the Carbon Bubble we're all riding. Fossil fuel companies are valued for market purposes, and part of that valuation includes their in-the-ground assets, the coal and oil they own. Problem: if all of those assets are taken out of the ground and used, civilization is over. So the wealth represented by these companies is delusional. The Guardian quotes experts who think that the bubble's gonna pop, sooner or later, and...well, you can read all about it here. Funny that you don't hear so much about this in the US media, eh? Check this out: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/ap...
A direct link to Stern's report:
http://www.carbontracker.org/wastedcapital

There are two good reasons for this being ignored by US media: 1) as many of these stranded carbon assets are listed on the New York Stock Exchange as in the rest of the world combined, 2) if it won't make you rich, get you laid or send you to heaven, Americans don't want to hear about it.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#25278 Apr 23, 2013
Northie wrote:
A direct link to Stern's report:
Hey, Northie....... Good to hear from you! Thot you got sick of all the toxic topix AGW deniers gettin' dumber & dumber........ or more likely........ more denial. But dumber & dumber accurately describes them, too.

Anyhow, welcome back.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#25279 Apr 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Indeed. Push any science denier - or any conspiracy theorist, for that matter - hard enough, and 99.9% of the time they will resort to dishonesty rather than reassess their position. Those merely confused victims of misinformation who are wide open to being educated are a vanishingly rare breed. That's what happens when politics, ideology, and even religion, intrude into maters of science.
SpaceBlues wrote:
"Two-thirds of a trillion" dollars were spent last year alone in fossil-fuels exploration when only a quarter of the known reserves can be burned in any conceivable future.
I've forgotten the statistics, but I believe that annual global exploration spending has at least tripled in well under a decade, while prices remain high, even in the face of the worst global recession in generations. Some people need to buy a clue; a massive move to alternatives would be smart without GW.

The only ones that will benefit from the current path are oil company stockholders when production goes off the Hubbert cliff, oil prices go sky high, and they stay there even under depression conditions. Profit margins and earnings will explode; oil stock values will skyrocket. Most commodities will deflate, making their profits even more valuable.

Meanwhile, billions will suffer and millions will die. This is WITHOUT GW!
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#25280 Apr 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed in principle.
b_gone has posted about 41,000 times the same lies 24/7 in sickness and health. Surely, that's insane regardless of its monetary prison. They've both conducted insane and immoral acts.
I take it that there is a way to determine the number of posts a person has made. Do you happen to know if they are spread out over multiple topics or 99+% GW denial?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#25281 Apr 23, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it that there is a way to determine the number of posts a person has made. Do you happen to know if they are spread out over multiple topics or 99+% GW denial?
It's numbered today 40,680, starting in Dec 2008.

I may have noticed it in a few science threads. Somebody else mentioned here it posting sometimes on a social thread. IMO b_gone lives on AGW denial 99+%.

Rounding its number to 41K is my guess because all posts unregistered for a long time.

It could be another avatar here, for example:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#25282 Apr 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Remember also, that toxic topix AGW deniers are often slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs....... & even alleged & proud threateners. We've read several toxic topix AGW deniers' posts who have defended kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) arguments.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#25283 Apr 24, 2013
Kyle wrote:
LIAR!
Tue., Apr. 23rd:
<quoted text>
Wed., Apr. 10th:
<quoted text>
LIAR!
I wrote: CO2 is in the upper atmosphere too, not as much but more thanks to our CO2 emissions. The upper atmosphere is supposed to warm because of greenhouse warming, but the models are wrong.

Because there are no experimental tests.

I don't know why the stratosphere isn't warming; I suspect there isn't as much CO2 as in the troposphere.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25284 Apr 24, 2013
Absense of a test you're too lazy to run means something ?? Poor Brain Gone, another moronic muttering...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! 2 hr Space ace 5
Dirty chat male to female 18 plus 10 hr Space ace 4
St. Anthony, Minnesota to Pay $200,000 to Settl... 14 hr Sunshine 2
Mall of America Protest 14 hr cowboy chris 17
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 17 hr American_Sons 14
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) Fri LIbEralS 29
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) Fri Martin Scott treptow 84
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web