Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Comments (Page 1,193)

Showing posts 23,841 - 23,860 of31,758
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Damn it'scold and snowy out there.

A year ago it was warmer than average and it PROVED Gloal Warming was upon us.

NOW it's COLDER than average and it's NO caused by Global Cooling.
Bushwhacked

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Humidity in the Earth's atmosphere is on the rise.4 More moisture in the air can mean more intense rain or snowfall. When the temperatures are warm, there has been an increase in heavy rain for the most extreme events of the year5 that can cause significant flooding and damage to homes, roads, and sewage systems. When temperatures hover below freezing, blizzards can occur more often—particularly in the Dakotas and western Minnesota.6 These storms cause major transportation delays, lengthy power outages, school and business closings, and sometimes collapsed roofs, including the Metrodome roof in December 2010.7

Monthly snowfall totals of more than 15 inches (38 centimeters) have occurred almost two and a half times more often in the Minneapolis–St. Paul area since the Metrodome was built than in the 50 years prior to its construction.8
The December 2010 blizzard in the Twin Cities brought particularly heavy, wet snow, with a snow–to–liquid ratio of 9 to 1, compared with the December–to–February average of 15 to 1.9 Heavier snow occurs with warmer winter temperatures and a ready supply of moisture.10
As much as 80 percent of all snowstorms of more than 6 inches in the United States in the twentieth century occurred during winters that had above–average temperatures and were wetter than normal.11
The economic impact of winter storms has been rising rapidly, reflecting higher–intensity
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
You (lyin' brian) lost and you're to blame because dishonesty is how you lost.
"lyin' brian" can only be a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener by incorporating dishonesty within its being.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with Lomborg, he does an accounting of the science. We're better off spending on disasters other than climate change mitigation. According to Lomborg, climate change mitigation is possible but expensive, infeasible. No experimental test shows him wrong.
Why are there no peer reviewed experiments testing climate change mitigation? Because climate change mitigation is a hoax and man made catastrophic climate change alarmism is pseudoscience.
I'm of the generation that grew up with 45 and 33 1/3 RPM records. When one cracked or warped, we threw it away. There was really no fixing it.

It appears you are a broken record. You are warped and cracked.

I'm throwing you away. You're no good.
Bushwhacked

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

DUDE, you nailed Brain Gone, except he's still setting down the needle.... Skip, crackle, and broken...
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
It appears you are a broken record. You are warped and cracked.
I'm throwing you away. You're no good.
Didn't know Linda Ronstadt was singin' bout, "lyin' brian".........
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
I agree with Lomborg, who says there's GW.
THANKS !! Funny, you'd like to cherry pick which parts you like and demand a global experiment for the rest... Poor Brain Gone, you wouldn't understand it anyway.
What global experiment? There is no experiment; that's the problem.

Don't fall for sham science, look at the experimental data.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What global experiment? There is no experiment; that's the problem.
Endless repetition of utterly destroyed nonsense argument = just another concession. You have no shame. Apparently, you also have no idea what effect you're having on your cause, either.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with Lomborg, he does an accounting of the science. We're better off spending on disasters other than climate change mitigation. According to Lomborg, climate change mitigation is possible but expensive, infeasible. No experimental test shows him wrong.
Why are there no peer reviewed experiments testing climate change mitigation? Because climate change mitigation is a hoax and man made catastrophic climate change alarmism is pseudoscience.
Dodge = concession

I asked for science that supports your claims of causation other than the GHE or by a GHG other than CO2. You tapped danced.

You lose.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What global experiment? There is no experiment; that's the problem.
NO, LIAR, you didn't "probably" write "If", you wrote:
"Using fossil fuel helps free ancient carbon back into the atmosphere where it can do some good. Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling; the well known ice age climate scenario."

I don't call my political opponents 'liars' because they don't use the scientific method. I call them liars when they LIE!

LIAR.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
Dodge = concession I asked for science that supports your claims of causation other than the GHE or by a GHG other than CO2. You tapped danced. You lose.
I'm not a scientist, I don't design experiments that test theories for my living. I can't find an experimental test of man made global warming; can you cite one?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

gcaveman1 wrote:
NO, LIAR, you didn't "probably" write "If", you wrote: "Using fossil fuel helps free ancient carbon back into the atmosphere where it can do some good. Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling; the well known ice age climate scenario." I don't call my political opponents 'liars' because they don't use the scientific method. I call them liars when they LIE!
LIAR.
I might have abbreviated my argument, in the example above the AGW assumption is tacit. I'm sorry of gcaveman1 is confused.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a scientist, I don't design experiments that test theories for my living. I can't find an experimental test of man made global warming; can you cite one?
If you're not a scientist, then performing the "experiment" would have no meaning for you, even if it were possible...

Perhaps, we could ask you to see if you can live without several organs ? I see you've started with your "brain", try your liver next.

Weak & stupid argument & you know it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Even non scientists can see how experiments are used in science to test theories. I find the emotion driven climate fear argument worst of all; shame on politicians demagoguing climate science. They are as shameful as the public funded researchers that find a vested interest in public funds for research.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that it's not water vapor because it can only be a dependent variable. For idiots like you, I'll explain:
We know it is not water vapor because the scientists leave that variable out of their computer models...
Further evidence that the planet may burn up from 40 additional molecules of CO2.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Humidity in the Earth's atmosphere is on the rise.4 More moisture in the air can mean more intense rain or snowfall. When the temperatures are warm, there has been an increase in heavy rain for the most extreme events of the year5 that can cause significant flooding and damage to homes, roads, and sewage systems. When temperatures hover below freezing, blizzards can occur more often—particularly in the Dakotas and western Minnesota.6 These storms cause major transportation delays, lengthy power outages, school and business closings, and sometimes collapsed roofs, including the Metrodome roof in December 2010.7

Monthly snowfall totals of more than 15 inches (38 centimeters) have occurred almost two and a half times more often in the Minneapolis–St. Paul area since the Metrodome was built than in the 50 years prior to its construction.8
The December 2010 blizzard in the Twin Cities brought particularly heavy, wet snow, with a snow–to–liquid ratio of 9 to 1, compared with the December–to–February average of 15 to 1.9 Heavier snow occurs with warmer winter temperatures and a ready supply of moisture.10
As much as 80 percent of all snowstorms of more than 6 inches in the United States in the twentieth century occurred during winters that had above–average temperatures and were wetter than normal.11
The economic impact of winter storms has been rising rapidly, reflecting higher–intensity
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Yes, thousands of these severe weather events have been recorded in the past year alone!
Yet, no one can find a single report of a severe weather event prior to Man's presence on Earth... Strong evidence that Man made Global Warming causes severe weather.
Bushwhacked

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Of course it is
Bushwhacked

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Nice of you to add, what you "know".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,841 - 23,860 of31,758
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game 40 min _Zoey_ 49
Discovery of Somali stink bug in Duluth may mea... (Mar '13) 2 hr Capt Crunch 9
Muslims smelling up the light rail 6 hr General DeShawn Patton 11
Gov. Rick Perry Snubs Obama's Handshake Request 6 hr General DeShawn Patton 1
IRS emails "lost" 7 hr LIbEralS 31
Obama demands 3.7 billion dollars for border cr... 7 hr cantmakeitup 24
#YesAllWomen: Elliot Rodger’s ravings inspire r... 7 hr lawls 15
•••
•••