Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
23,781 - 23,800 of 32,345 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

So unoriginal, should I just post as you, too ???
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>"excess GHG's are man's doing" Climate always changes. Does it mean man made CO2 is the cause? No, there's no experimental data.
But, Brian, you said GHG's keep us from sliding into another ice age.

Did you do your little experiment?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Kiwi wrote:
THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE,I WILL EXPLAIN.
My propulsions class was similar. You didn't explain, because you have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Kyle

Knox, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Kiwi wrote:
THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE,I WILL EXPLAIN.
SLOW DOWN AND THINK.
Its like this,Planets and moons are wound up from their primaries radiation (belts,rings)
Planets from the sun and moons from their planets.
As a planet is made it starts rotating the sun.
As a planet gets older it starts travelling further and further away from the sun as it rotates .
As a planet gets older it starts tilting its south pole toward the sun.Mercury -2 degress,Venus 3 earth 23.5 mar 25 etc.
if you want to know where earth is heading look at mars we will be rotating on mars plane one day and mars further out.Mars atmosphere at 25 degress tilt 97% co2(They must have had alot of cars on mars,NOT)GOVERNMENTS WANT MORE TAX$$$ CARBON $$$$ WAKE UP,This is the natural course of the earth,nothing more ,nothing less.
The saddest part of all that WTFness? That you apparently think it's a reasonable explanation. Put way the computer and take your meds.
Kyle

Knox, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Greenhouse gases are good because they keep the warmth on the surface of Earth,...
Amounts of GHG's substantially similar to that which our societies, cities, crops, livestock, fisheries, etc. have evolved with are good because they keep substantially the same warmth that they all evolved with.

Amounts of GHG's higher than at any time since long before man evolved, rising 100X faster than the fastest rate that they risen over that same time, is obviously bad.

Unless you're so retarded that the obvious goes over your head.

Or you're paid so well by Exxon that you don't care if your grandchildren live a meager, depressing, and possibly shortened life.
Kyle

Knox, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a threat?
All living animals emit CO2, water vapor and other greenhouse gases. They understand that very well, in China. Greenhouse gases are good because they keep the warmth on the surface of Earth, in a cold universe. I know it sounds scary, a chaotic dance of planets and sun around a common gravitational point. A roller coaster ride through climate. Just wait...
In case you missed it, Lyin' Brian has just copped to the fact of CO2 being a critical GHG for regulating Earth's climate. Therefore, he has copped to the fact that increasing it 41%(now) or 100%(in decades) will regulate climate at a drastically different state.

Well, he has, but he'll lie and deny that the undeniable logic above is valid. He'll do so by repeating an already refuted argument that was prima facie retarded or just some handwaving nonsense.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]Is that a threat?[/QUOTE]

Wished it so. With your expertise in threats, your asking means, it isn't.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
But, Brian, you said GHG's keep us from sliding into another ice age. Did you do your little experiment?
I'm not advocating climate change mitigation; I've got no theory to test. I just noted, I've got the same experiments to support the belief man's greenhouse gases do good that you have to test the claim they are harmful.

We should wait for the science to catch up to the hype.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
Amounts of GHG's substantially similar to that which our societies, cities, crops, livestock, fisheries, etc. have evolved with are good because they keep substantially the same warmth that they all evolved with. Amounts of GHG's higher than at any time since long before man evolved, rising 100X faster than the fastest rate that they risen over that same time, is obviously bad. Unless you're so retarded that the obvious goes over your head. Or you're paid so well by Exxon that you don't care if your grandchildren live a meager, depressing, and possibly shortened life.
Mammals evolved when CO2 levels were much higher than today. We are living in a CO2 famine atmosphere.

Mother nature has adapted to our CO2 emissions; she likes it when we use fossil fuel.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Mammals evolved when CO2 levels were much higher than today. We are living in a CO2 famine atmosphere.
Mother nature has adapted to our CO2 emissions; she likes it when we use fossil fuel.
Because it burns her creation's lungs ??? Funny, your standard of BS is so high, while your standards of proof is so low. Face it Brain Gone, you're a dumb troll...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Because it burns her creation's lungs ??? Funny, your standard of BS is so high, while your standards of proof is so low. Face it Brain Gone, you're a dumb troll...
Then watch where you put your lips; CO2 at atmospheric levels is perfectly safe, it doesn't burn lungs. Don't you drink carbonated beverages, beer or sparkling wine?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Fossil fuels in the air, child.

litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]CO2 at atmospheric levels is perfectly safe......[/QUOTE]

'lyin' brian' advocates to push ppm of infra-red energy absorbing CO2 to 1000+ ppm. Therefore, many interiors would have infra-red energy absorbing CO2 levels in excess of 3000-4000 ppm, which causes infra-red energy absorbing CO2, toxicity health problems to millions of people.

'lyin' brian' types what its 2-bit oil can employers want it to type & it does.

'lyin' brian' advocates health injury to millions of people & possible death to others.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Fossil fuels in the air, child. Because it burns her creation's lungs ??? Funny, your standard of BS is so high, while your standards of proof is so low. Face it Brain Gone, you're a dumb troll...
Fossil fuel goes into the furnace, engine cylinder or turbine, CO2 goes into the air. CO2 doesn't burn, it's used in fire extinguishers.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Being dumb has benefits, right Brain Gone ??

Chronic exposure to airborne pollutants from gasoline and vehicle emissions contributes to severe asthma attacks and other lung-related health problems, as well as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer and premature births. Itís also harmful to anyone who simply enjoys being outside.

Guess, it's fortunate blather here is your hobby.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Chronic exposure to CO2 at levels much higher than the atmosphere is benign. Instead of distracting people about CO2 emissions, let's worry about real pollutants. We can't live without CO2 so we'd best learn to live with it.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Being dumb has benefits, right Brain Gone ??

Chronic exposure to airborne pollutants from gasoline and vehicle emissions contributes to severe asthma attacks and other lung-related health problems, as well as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer and premature births. Itís also harmful to anyone who simply enjoys being outside.

Guess, it's fortunate blather here is your hobby.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

CO2 isn't a pollutant in the atmosphere, not harmful or toxic but essential for life.

Water vapor is a greenhouse gas too.

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Livin Woodbury wrote:
2009 was another year of global cooling, which saw numerous low temperature and high snowfall smashed.
The Dutch canals for the first time in 12 years, record cold came to Al Gore's home town and ironically a blizzard dumped snow on the Copenhagen convention where world leaders met to try and stop global warming.
High snowfall records means that there have been high level of evaporation somewhere else
Kyle

Knox, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not advocating climate change mitigation; I've got no theory to test. I just noted, I've got the same experiments to support the belief man's greenhouse gases do good that you have to test the claim they are harmful.
We should wait for the science to catch up to the hype.
You lie. You have squat but for handwaving nonsense. You're advocating for continuing the experiment fro a 41% increase to 100% and beyond. Your theory is that doing so is just peachy. Any references to CO2 being good because of anything other than it's GHG action are red herrings that are obvious to the RETARDED. But then, the retarded are the deniers' remaining audience.

Hey, Lyin' Brian, you IGNORED (the #1 denier skill) that your reference to CO2 as a critical GHG logically supports the scientific position and renders yours RETARDED.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info