Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24983 Apr 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Oil and natural gas constantly seeps out of natural reservoirs, coal is exposed and weathered by erosion. If we don't use fossil fuel, they'll contaminate the environment without providing the energy we need.
Fortunately, life on Earth evolved to survive planetary differentiation, the process where lighter elements rise to the surface and denser materials sink back down.
Fear of fossil fuel shows a lack of faith in science.
Behold! Behold Lyin' Brian's latest RETARDED claim. Of course, he makes it by implication only, as those who sow confusion are wont to do. But, let's not let his weaseling interfere with illustrating how desperate the jackbag is to find any way, no matter how RETARDED, to DENY the truth.

Lyin' Brian is now claiming that his denial is justified because just maybe natural oil and gas seeps and coal erosion (all of which he assumes are oxidized as well - with no supporting argument - of course) are LARGER THAN THE AMOUNT MINED, PUMPED, REFINED, AND BURNED!

That's right folks, Lyin' Brian's latest desperate gambit is to throw out a ridiculous, unsupported implication that the science should be ignored because seeps might be a trillion times larger than science says they are.

The world burns 3 cubic miles of petroleum every year. Lyin' Brian thinks that most likely there's 10 cubic miles of undetected oil seeps or some such RETARDED excuse for denial.

Stick a fork in this denier scumbag. He's done.

Or is he? I suspect that he's paid well enough that he'll be back willing to look like his IQ's in the single digits.
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24984 Apr 6, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Biig_Gzoof is getting a lot of attention.
I suspect that you're implying that we (I) are giving him too much attention because that's what trolls are all about. Point taken.

However, I believe that Lyin' Brian has left more than enough clues to being a paid disinformationist. I've allowed Lyin' Brian to keep desperately trying to maintain his ruse. In the process, he's made a string of outrageously improbable claims (by implication) in order to do so.

Lyin' Brian is doing what science cannot do - co0nvince the scientifically illiterate of the truth of climate science's findings. He's doing so by illustrating the vacuity and deceit of the denier arguments in ways that any fool can easily understand.

All I do was hand him the rope. He hung himself.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#24985 Apr 6, 2013
Excellent work, Kyle.

Congratulations.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#24986 Apr 7, 2013
Kyle wrote:
...We've performed this experiment - we added 100+ppm of CO2 to the atmosphere.(Or do you want to try to lie about that, to, a-hole?) The results are in. Not surprisingly, the results were consistent with the basic science known for centuries.
Now, you refuse to acknowledge that this experiment has been done; demanding an experiment wherein the CO2 is reduced some similar amount and then wait for the results. Apparently, you think it's possible that the law of cause and effect needs to be proven true. Is that your argument, jackbag? Besides your demand being RETARDED, it is BEYOND RETARDED because that action goes far beyond those that your entire reason for living appears to be arguing against! And the insults are earned, dipsquat. They're exclamation points following each of your deceits and logical travesties.
Learn the difference between an experiment and history, experiments are pre planned, controlled and have the goal of testing a theory. What's the most compelling experiment you've seen?

gcavema posted these:
http://www.carboeurope.org/education/CS_Mater...

One conclusion reads:
"This experiment does not claim exactness of results, but it does show that one should not use the motor cars so much. Whoever wishes for a stabile climate should push his car!"

Check them out, maybe you'll learn ad hoc fossil fuel use over time since the industrial revolution isn't an experiment. I'm impressed with the data's extremely low CO2 temperature effect.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24987 Apr 7, 2013
So, do the experiment ALREADY, if we do it, you'll just whine....

Poor Brain Gone, games and more games...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#24988 Apr 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
So, do the experiment ALREADY, if we do it, you'll just whine.... Poor Brain Gone, games and more games...
I'm not advocating treating the global climate; I've got nothing to test. Besides, I'm not a scientist.

I'm just asking, what's the most compelling experiment for climate change mitigation you've found? Until I find one, I'm going to wait before helping man made catastrophic climate change alarmism.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#24989 Apr 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not advocating treating the global climate; I've got nothing to test. Besides, I'm not a scientist.
I'm just asking, what's the most compelling experiment for climate change mitigation you've found? Until I find one, I'm going to wait before helping man made catastrophic climate change alarmism.
Bria its not necessary t tate the obvious, we all know that you are not a scientist, and that you have absolutely no clue about science.

But rst assured, all scientists studying climate change know what the cause is and what the consequences will be if we don't change our behaviour. One does ot need to drink a quart of boubon to know what the effects will be.

The sad partabout the whole thing is that we may already be past the tipping point.
PC Free Zone

Minneapolis, MN

#24990 Apr 7, 2013
'The sad partabout the whole thing is that we may already be past the tipping point.'

LOL, that's what the cave men said!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24991 Apr 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not advocating treating the global climate; I've got nothing to test. Besides, I'm not a scientist.
So, you want something for nothing, you're unwilling to do ?? Yep, teanagger...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24992 Apr 7, 2013
When you have no intelligent comment, troll...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24993 Apr 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You want a test run, do it yourself... Oh right, you're not a scientist, so any test run would be beyond you anyway... Perfect sense, for an idiot.... Have you met moron PC ??? LMAOROTFU~!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#24994 Apr 7, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
Bria its not necessary t tate the obvious, we all know that you are not a scientist, and that you have absolutely no clue about science. But rst assured, all scientists studying climate change know what the cause is and what the consequences will be if we don't change our behaviour. One does ot need to drink a quart of boubon to know what the effects will be.
The sad partabout the whole thing is that we may already be past the tipping point.
We are past the tipping point; Yipee!!!

There's no stopping it now, now we should enjoy it as much as possible because tomorrow we die. At least after the tipping point, mitigation is no longer the issue. Now we deal with the depression and trauma as best we can, and pray they snap out of it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#24995 Apr 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
So, you want something for nothing, you're unwilling to do ?? Yep, teanagger...
I want something: a compelling experiment for climate change mitigation. Fo nothing, my opinion that selling untested snake oil is fraud and hoax.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#24996 Apr 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
You want a test run, do it yourself... Oh right, you're not a scientist, so any test run would be beyond you anyway... Perfect sense, for an idiot.... Have you met moron PC ??? LMAOROTFU~!
I want to read about it in the news, and decide if I want to buy the extract from a peer reviewed journal. Maybe they'll be follow up experiments and attempts to reproduce the original results.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#24997 Apr 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I want something: a compelling experiment for climate change mitigation. Fo nothing, my opinion that selling untested snake oil is fraud and hoax.
You are a fraud and a hoax pusher.

All scientists are created equal. Climate scientists are no less in science.

But you are none in science.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#24998 Apr 7, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are a fraud and a hoax pusher.
All scientists are created equal. Climate scientists are no less in science.
But you are none in science.
Brian is paid to fill this forum with misinformation.

He does it by trolling.
A troll wants to cause a commotion and get people ranting and raving because they want their presence on a forum or comments thread to be the main focus. They want the spotlight and attention on them.

Often they will play devils advocate, vigorously defending statements or positions they know to be illogical or untrue in an attempt to get people riled up.
http://www.insidersedge.co.uk/lifestyletips/h...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#24999 Apr 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I want to read about it in the news, and decide if I want to buy the extract[sic] from a peer reviewed journal. Maybe they'll be follow up experiments and attempts to reproduce the original results.
What!

Extract? LOL.

The abstracts are free today.

So why is nobody doing it your way? Because your way is WRONG. You are WRONG.

This is your way of having a job. A liar against science!
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#25000 Apr 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting, would you please cite one?
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Kyle

Knox, IN

#25001 Apr 7, 2013
LYIN' BRIAN -“Learn the difference between an experiment and history, experiments are pre planned, controlled and have the goal of testing a theory. What's the most compelling experiment you've seen?”

Yes, yes, yes, we know you’re not a scientist; you don’t have to beat that dead horse by displaying your gross scientific illiteracy. Here’s a couple of ways you’re dead wrong:

1) Rejection of historical sciences - If you reject climate science on the basis of it being an historical science, then may we presume that you reject all of the historical sciences? Evolution? Geology? Paleontology? Astronomy? Astrophysics?

2) Defining science as ONLY single factor controlled experiments – ALREADY EXPLAINED THIS ONCE, MORON, SO PAY ATTENTION THIS TIME. I’ve personally designed and executed experiments with several independent variables, some of which I couldn’t control, yet I was able to extract not only the contributions of each to each response variable, I was able to determine the effects of the interactions between two variables – sometimes even three way interactions. This is std stuff. Piece of cake. Done every day in 100’s of different fields. YOUR IGNORANCE IS NOT AN ARGUMENT!

http://www.carboeurope.org/education/CS_Mater ...

Simplistic table top experiments for school children impress you? Why didn’t you say so; I thought you insisted on planetary scale testing. No problem then; every conceivable aspect of the physics has been examined, beginning 150 yrs ago.

LYIN' BRIAN -“Check them out, maybe you'll learn ad hoc fossil fuel use over time since the industrial revolution isn't an experiment.”

Read an effin’ book, maybe you’ll learn that your simplistic, limited, 5th grade concept of science is RETARDED.

“I'm impressed with the data's extremely low CO2 temperature effect.”

I’m impressed (not) by your reading comprehension, considering that YOUR LINK said in the SECOND SENTENCE,“Only qualitative conclusions are drawn from the experimental results, and these are critically and carefully applied to climate related issues.”

For the hard of thinking – QUALITATIVE MEANS NOT QUANTITATIVE. D_O__Y_O_U__U_N_D_E_R_S_T_A_N_ D__T_H_E__W_O_R_D_S__T_H_A_T__ I_’_M__T_Y_P_I_N_G, YOU SIMPERING TWIT?
Kyle

Knox, IN

#25002 Apr 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We are past the tipping point; Yipee!!!
There's no stopping it now, now we should enjoy it as much as possible because tomorrow we die. At least after the tipping point, mitigation is no longer the issue. Now we deal with the depression and trauma as best we can, and pray they snap out of it.
You're a effin' azzhole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslims are a threat 10 hr Sheriff Joe 19
Minneapolis schools superintendent FIRED 18 hr Sunshine 8
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 20 hr American_Sons 10
Man Shoots Self After Leading Mankato Police On... Wed DILF 49
Unconstitutional Violation of Separation of Powers Tue LIbEralS 1
Iggy Azalea to headline Target Center on April 30 Tue cowboy chris 1
Renee Manning Colleen wallin Joe Cole IPM DMW (Jun '09) Tue God will pass jus... 46
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:37 pm PST

ESPN 1:37PM