Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Comments (Page 1,183)

Showing posts 23,641 - 23,660 of29,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You want me to prove the CO2 from combustion is safe? You're about a million years late to that argument.
More irrelevant nonsense, BG. The dinosaurs had WAY higher CO2 levels & temps, but they were adapted to those. High CO2 & temps were their Goldilocks zone. And sea level was ~70 meters higher, of course.

We're not dinosaurs. Our Goldilocks zone is different. Our civilization has developed with Holocene climate. Our agriculture developed for this climate, & our infrastructure is adapted to this sea level.

If temps & sea levels were higher (& they will be MUCH higher with higher CO2; it's simple physics, AND the sun is stronger now), we might be able to adapt, but in the meantime the collapse of agriculture due to drought would cause billions of deaths, & the sea would inundate trillions of dollars of infrastructure. That's not to mention the storms & floods.

Unmitigated AGW/CC will be very, very, VERY costly - all because you & your ilk want to save a few pennies at the pump.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

HomoSapiensLaptopicus has more fairy tales, tell us The Story of the Three Bears. Tell us about the ideal climate Eden before the discovery of peat moss, soft coal and fire...

It's not science, its myth disguised as science to fool the masses.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
HomoSapiensLaptopicus has more fairy tales, tell us The Story of the Three Bears. Tell us about the ideal climate Eden before the discovery of peat moss, soft coal and fire...
No, B_Gone, your words are disguised as science to fool the masses. The richest industry in the world has profound financial interest in AGW/CC denial, & you have taken advantage of that.

After all,
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it!"
--Upton Sinclair
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
You're about a million years late to that argument.
Considering "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" has past errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, & 73 million TIMES, it presently HASN'T decreased its error rate.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
You're right, you don't talk about science and the 3 bears was your proof.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

HomoSapiensLaptopicus is the one citing weird "Goldilocks" pseudoscience. I didn't cite a fairy tale to justify my climate fears.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

You're right, you don't talk about science and the 3 bears was your proof.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
HomoSapiensLaptopicus is the one citing weird "Goldilocks" pseudoscience. I didn't cite a fairy tale to justify my climate fears.
The "Goldilocks" reference means we need climatic conditions on earth to be "just right," dimwit. We & the dinosaurs both need/needed "just right" conditions, but "just right" for the dinosaurs was very, VERY different from "just right" for us.

The dinosaurs had much higher CO2 levels, temperatures & sea levels than we need. Our civilization is adapted to Holocene climate, & we are now changing the climate into something very, very different. We are doing so at our peril.

But you & your ilk want to go right on changing the atmosphere, & the climate, without regard for the rest of us.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
The research results are in: zero peer reviewed experimental tests of climate change mitigation.
Dear Brian, may I respectfully disagree?
There have been thousands of climate mitigation tests/experiments involving CO2 in the air and the science is clear... 1100ppm is, in fact, a healthier invironment for plant life than the current level of 385ppm.

Sincerely,
koolaid
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Same lying guy, who said the 787 would never fly again !!! Moron troll, according to himself.
Kyle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
I quoted him directly, that quote is unchanged.
Paleohumans invented our fire technology, they already had the argument and it comes down to, "Fire good!" What's next, trying to reinvent the wheel?
Which is it, dipsquat?:

Are you so terminally stupid that you cannot differentiate the magnitudes of millions of camp fires burning biomass and biilions of people burning tankloads of gasoline, burning coal by the ton, etc.?

Or are you that desperately dishonest in your denial efforts?

Not rhetorical questions. Which is it. To you really wish flake the argument foe equivalency? Are you the typical denier; perfectly willing to appear functionally retarded if it's necessary to avoid conceding the most trivial point?

Hmmm? Stop ignoring my posts.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>This is untrue, natural carbon dioxide emission far outweigh's man's use of fossil fuel. Look at the yearly cycle in Keeling's atmospheric carbon dioxide graphs; it looks like Earth is breathing as she orbits the sun.
A LIE. You are being deliberately dishonest. You know damn well it is invalid to look at one half of an annual CYCLE and use it to dismiss the multi-year trend. What a scumbag. Here's the truth about Keeling's graph:

Charles David Keeling, of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego, was the first person to make frequent regular measurements of the atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) concentration, taking readings at the South Pole and in Hawaii from 1958 onwards.[2]

Prior to Keeling, the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was thought to be affected by constant variability. Keeling had perfected the measurement techniques and observed "strong diurnal behavior with steady values of about 310 ppm in the afternoon" at three locations:(Big Sur near Monterey, the rain forests of Olympic Peninsula and high mountain forests in Arizona).[3] By measuring the ratio of two isotopes of carbon, Keeling attributed the diurnal change to respiration from local plants and soils, with afternoon values representative of the "free atmosphere". By 1960, Keeling and his group had determined that the measurement records from California, Antarctica, and Hawaii were long enough to see not just the diurnal and seasonal variations, but also a year-on-year increase that roughly matched the amount of fossil fuels burned per year. In the article that made him famous, Keeling observed, "at the South Pole the observed rate of increase is nearly that to be expected from the combustion of fossil fuel". He also noted an apparent absence of any reduction due to absorption of CO2 by the oceans.[4]
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We can't know what the rates of emission are, because nobody measures whether you store or use the gas, oil and coal you buy.
Hillariously desparate ploy, douchebag. Are you really suggesting that the science is uncertain because it's just possible that 99% of all fossil fuels produced are being horded and never used?! What a monumental efftard you are.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> We can't measure Earth's geological CO2 emissions because more than three quarters of the Earth is under the oceans.
We can't know because we don't have the data; ..
A LIE. The FACT that the isotopic signatures are different has been presented to you repeatedly. Besides, are you seriously suggesting that not only may 99% of fossil fuel production be horded, but also that ocean floor volcanism/venting may well be 100X the best scientifically derived numbers?

This behavior of yours is called confirmation bias - or it would be if you really believed it. you;ve just made it crystal clear that you're a prevaricating bag of excrement. Which Koch-funded "think tank" pays you to post all day?
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle wrote:

"Who gives a flying eff that a denier moron like yourself thinks they need to act seperately to disentangle their effects."

I think its a good idea to see experimental data before blah, blah, blah (insert variation on same old tired, totally discredited BS claim made a thousand times)
You evaded your clear implosion, jackass. You clearly and repeatedly claimed that the effects of anthropogenic CO2 must be shown experimentally to have the same physical effects as other CO2. You know damn well that they have the same effect. you all so know that the former is 100X as much as the latter, yet you DISHONESTLY argued that it has yet to be demonstrated that the warming isn't being caused by the 1%. You know, the 15 that does the same thing as the 99%.

COULD YOU BE ANY MORE TRANSPARENTLY DECEPTIVE?!

I accept your concession on this argument because there is no way you can feign severe enough mental disability to continue to make it.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>See what I mean? Irrationality is a trait common to global warming alarmists and climate change mitigators.
OMFG. The projection. How do you do it. It must hurt.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>In the experiment posted above, anthropogenic salt was added to a solution containing bacteria. The amount of salt in solution was the independent variable and life or death of the bacteria acted as the dependent variable. Science moves forward by experimental tests, not untested or untestable theories no matter the consensus.
The experiment I want to see published is (insert another variation of totaslly defeated, common sense defying BS argument)
You EVADED again. I'm not letting you off the hook, dipsquat. You can start as if you;re going to addres your implosion and then tap dance into another BS defeated argument 100 more times, but I will make it crystal clear 101 times that you;re evading your implosion.

Let's review the actual topic that you pretended to address:

You claim that the science is poorly grounded because there must be experiments performed that require separating CO2 molecules based upon their origin in recent organic material or not, and then testing the centuries old solid science of the greenhouse effect of CO2 to see if the former isn't >100X more potent than the latter, thereby justifying your science denial.

That's retarded. You know it. Defend it or concede it you knuckle-dragging waste of flesh.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
That's retarded. You know it. Defend it or concede it you knuckle-dragging waste of flesh.
A troll wants to cause a commotion and get people ranting and raving because they want their presence on a forum or comments thread to be the main focus. They want the spotlight and attention on them.

Often they will play devils advocate, vigorously defending statements or positions they know to be illogical or untrue in an attempt to get people riled up.

When they get a response they cite that as a victory....

Sometimes it can be hard to determine whether someone is playing at being a troll or if, in actual fact, they’re just an idiot.
http://www.insidersedge.co.uk/lifestyletips/h...

"...vigorously defending statements or positions they know to be illogical or untrue."

That's what Brian's all about.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
What a monumental efftard you are.
Wow! You're getting tough on 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'. I only call it a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Well, for a dude that posts non-stop, Lyin' Brian has suddenly disappeared. What do you think? Was I correct when I posted?:

"I accept your concession on this argument because there is no way you can feign severe enough mental disability to continue to make it."

Or can Lyin' Brian feign mental disability sufficient to continue to make this last argument of his?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,641 - 23,660 of29,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
On Climate, Business as Usual 7 min redeemer 4
What does Griddy think? 15 min redeemer 7
Boycott Reid stay out of Vegas 27 min redeemer 8
Obama Victory - US freeing Iran funds as Tehran... 29 min redeemer 7
For a good, cheaper cigar, head to Wisconsin; M... 1 hr Sneaky Pete 65
Bill Bans Whole Milk For Kids At Day Care 10 hr Trigger 2
Muslim drivers refuse to work over Gay Games ad 11 hr Ralph 4
•••
•••