Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24599 Mar 22, 2013
So, you have no proof, we do and you're pretending we don't ??? Pretty funny !!!
PHD

Overton, TX

#24600 Mar 23, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Nobody...."its" ??? Yeah, the contraction challenged doofus has the "answer"???
You answered it your---self. Bush whacked again and again. Now go to your corner and keep your clap trapper closed.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#24601 Mar 23, 2013
Want proof climate change mitigation is a hoax?

Look at the experimental record.

Since: Mar 09

Parsons, KS

#24602 Mar 23, 2013
Jarrod D wrote:
None of you know what youre talking about. its not "global warming"
anyone considered the bible?
God said in the world's end time you will see signs in the weather.
"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes" Matthew 24:7
"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."
The book of Matthew 24 is very good at explaing whats going on and soon to come, signs right in front of our eys. notice how crazy the weather is and recently? how can that be global warming? maybe that could be what's fulfilling these prophecies, even how the government is spraying the sky so much. wake up and see
How many times has this been quoted in history? Are you ready to sell everything and move to the mountains?

What is going on is that mankind is burning fossil fuels and releasing CO2. This is a known fact. It is also scientifically factual that the addition of CO2 to the atmosphere causes warming.
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24603 Mar 23, 2013
Jarrod D wrote:
None of you know what youre talking about. its not "global warming"
anyone considered the bible?..... notice how crazy the weather is and recently? how can that be global warming? maybe that could be what's fulfilling these prophecies, even how the government is spraying the sky so much. wake up and see
Yet more evidence that dogmatic thinking of all stripes correlates with all others. Wingnut Jarrod shows the correlation between religion, climate science denial, and conspiracism. Tell us, Jarrod, are you perchance a creationist as well?
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24604 Mar 23, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>The commander clap trapper calling the kettle.You bush wacked your---self again.
No science, no argument, yet still posting meaningless BS. You're a waste of flesh.
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24605 Mar 23, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it really matter?
Even if all the "climate change scientists" in the world told you idiots straight to your face GW is a hoax, the gloom and doomer imbeciles, like yourself, would still argue GW exists, liberal idiots like you would just find somebody else to say what you want to hear.
Why the scare quotes? Is that your substitute for supporting your insane denier position that all science is wrong, yet Exxon, Koch brothers and you are right? Scare quotes.(Face->palm)

Such transference! All of the scientists ARE telling you idiots to your face WITH PEER REVIEWED EVIDENCE AND MATH that GW is happening and you imbeciles still argue (very poorly) that it's a hoax because you can always find someone (unqualified, financially interested, ignorant, and/or lying) who agrees with you.
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24606 Mar 23, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You answered it your---self. Bush whacked again and again. Now go to your corner and keep your clap trapper closed.
No science, no argument, yet still spamming us with thought-free evidence of the thought-free nature of their position.

Thanks. You support the scientific position very well ..... in your own unique fashion.
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24607 Mar 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Want proof climate change mitigation is a hoax?
Look at the experimental record.
WTF are you talking about?! What experiments? I ask you again, moron - What experiments would you support? If you fail to answer either question, your "argument" will be revealed as fundamentally illogical or fundamentally dishonest.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#24608 Mar 23, 2013
What experiments have you got? Can you cite a compelling experiment for climate change mitigation?

Adapting to climate is well tested, you can sample umbrellas for protection from rain, nobody has mitigated climate change; there's the difference.

Architecture protects your home from climate; restricting greenhouse gas emissions does not. There is a difference between fact and fiction. Look at samples, tests, trial and experiments to tell which is which.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#24609 Mar 23, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about?! What experiments? I ask you again, moron - What experiments would you support? If you fail to answer either question, your "argument" will be revealed as fundamentally illogical or fundamentally dishonest.
Brian_G wrote:
And we've never tested the greenhouse effect of CO2, if we nuke an underground coal mine that's been enriched with oxygen, can we produce enough CO2 to make a measurable change in temperature? Might be worth a try.
Both.

He's posting fundamentally illogical arguments.

And Brian he's fundamentally dishonest: he not here for a rational debate, just to piss annoy people with illogical arguments.

A troll.

"the green troll"

#24610 Mar 23, 2013
Correction: And he's fundamentally dishonest..

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#24611 Mar 23, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Both. He's posting fundamentally illogical arguments.
I've proposed ill thought through experiments and admitted I'm no scientist. I don't design experimental tests for my living, don't depend on me as a source of original science. Be skeptical of experts who haven't demonstrated, tested or experimentally verified their policy proposals; that's all I say.

Fair Game wrote:
And Brian he's fundamentally dishonest: he not here for a rational debate, just to piss annoy people with illogical arguments.
I don't argue my political opponents by name, I argue their policy. Conservation, government funding alternate energy, taxing energy use and production are proven disasters. I don't call my political opponents dishonest, they fear climate and don't understand the experimental record; that's all.

Fair Game wrote:
A troll.
Ad hominem arguments are fallacious; I prefer logic and experimental evidence. This is where we differ.
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#24612 Mar 23, 2013
retuglicans hate the planet

"the green troll"

#24613 Mar 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've proposed ill thought through experiments

I prefer logic and experimental evidence.
About as much use as a tone deaf music critic or a restaurant critic without taste buds then.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24614 Mar 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've proposed ill thought through experiments and admitted I'm no scientist. I don't design experimental tests for my living, don't depend on me as a source of original science. Be skeptical of experts who haven't demonstrated, tested or experimentally verified their policy proposals; that's all I say.
<quoted text>I don't argue my political opponents by name, I argue their policy. Conservation, government funding alternate energy, taxing energy use and production are proven disasters. I don't call my political opponents dishonest, they fear climate and don't understand the experimental record; that's all...
So you're "not a scientist" & you can't "design experimental tests" to see whether AGW/CC mitigation is a "hoax" (your words). That's profoundly anti-scientific & illogical. You admit NO possibility of proving the null hypothesis.

It's a bit like you saying "prove to me that Beethoven was a great composer" but then saying you refuse to listen to any of his music. It's the ultimate in closed-mindedness.

In point of fact, EVERYTHING you say about policy is exactly backward. The "proven disaster" would be NOT instituting a very stiff carbon tax, or NOT funding clean energy, or CONTINUING to fight oil wars in the Middle East. The LACK of government policies strongly encouraging conservation is an absolutely proven, profound disaster.

It's OK to be spectacularly wrong, & you sure are.

But just tell us how much they pay you. Be honest JUST THIS ONCE. It'd enhance your credibility.
litesong

Everett, WA

#24615 Mar 23, 2013
Kyle wrote:
....... thought-free evidence of the thought-free nature.......
Like dirtling,'earthling has no brain','fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' also has no brain for its thought-free evidence of its thought-free nature.
Who

Wyoming, MI

#24616 Mar 23, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
So, you have no proof, we do and you're pretending we don't ??? Pretty funny !!!
So where is this "proof". Bluffington Post? Some other liberal rag? Al Mediawhore? So called "scientists" that rely on government grant money and will say anything that guarantess more grant money? Idiots like litebong and any of the other idiots that believe EVERY single thing that liberal science says without question?

Yeah, those are all way more reliable sources?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24617 Mar 24, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is this "proof". Bluffington Post? Some other liberal rag? Al Mediawhore? So called "scientists" that rely on government grant money and will say anything that guarantess more grant money? Idiots like litebong and any of the other idiots that believe EVERY single thing that liberal science says without question?
Yeah, those are all way more reliable sources?
The proof is in scientific journals, where deliberate deception is virtually impossible. You should try to read them. They have very, VERY powerful evidence.

If scientists deliberately distort data to get grants, why didn't they do it for the cell phone brain cancer scare? Or the high tension power lines cancer scare?

Preliminary studies raised the question of whether EMR (electromagnetic radiation) caused cancer, but larger, well-designed studies failed to show significant correlations. By your arrantly absurd "logic," the scientists should have distorted their data to show EMR DID cause cancer, assuring a supply of grant money.

THEY DIDN'T. Scientists only publish their best understanding the of the truth as nature reveals itself.

You see, science must be repeatable. If one scientist publishes something, another scientist in another part of the world will try to verify & elaborate upon those findings. This happens VERY quickly in an active field like climate science.

If the 2nd scientist can't verify the 1st scientist's work, the 1st scientist "has some 'splainin' to do." Sometimes errors are just embarrassing (remember cold fusion?). Sometimes there are problems with methodologies, & they may mutually work them out.

Deliberate deception, however, is ALWAYS discovered, & if it happens, that scientist's academic career is typically over. Adiós muchacho.

That's why compared to other people, scientists NEVER lie in their scientific papers. They CAN'T.

If you don't know this, you don't understand the way science works.

There are many things that are still unclear: the exact timing, severity & location of the consequences of AGW/CC. But the basics of the theory are proven beyond ANY doubt at this point. We just don't know exactly how bad it'll get, or exactly when & where it'll happen.

Every important scientific organization realizes the theory is correct. It's support by all the mainstream science magazines: Scientific American, Discovery, etc.

Here's NASA on the evidence:
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

The only deniers left are mostly either ignorant, ideological, psychotic or paid off by oil money.

Scientific facts are true no matter how many times you rail against them.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#24618 Mar 24, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
About as much use as a tone deaf music critic or a restaurant critic without taste buds then.
You don't have to be an expert chef to know which foods taste good and be a critic. You don't have to design experiments to recognize which technologies (climate change mitigation for one) have no experimental evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This is why everyone hates the IRS (Feb '14) 11 hr LIbEralS 28
GRUBER gate 16 hr Sunshine 11
Mall of America Protest 17 hr Sunshine 2
Muslims are a threat Wed Sheriff Joe 19
Minneapolis schools superintendent FIRED Wed Sunshine 8
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... Wed American_Sons 10
Man Shoots Self After Leading Mankato Police On... Wed DILF 49
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:37 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:37AM
The Pack Has Not Fared Well at Raymond James Stadium
Bleacher Report11:42 AM
Extending Randall Cobb Must Be a Matter of When, Not If, for Green Bay Packers
NBC Sports 1:41 PM
Norv Turner: It's pretty incredible to me what Teddy Bridgewater has done this season
Bleacher Report 4:17 PM
Previewing Vikings vs. Dolphins
NBC Sports 5:01 PM
Packers' front 5 helps keep offense humming - NBC Sports