Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35607 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

#24567 Mar 20, 2013
Homosapien....

No one reads your long winded blabble.

Give me solutions to global warming.

Otherwise stfu
ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

#24568 Mar 20, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
I'm certainly your superior, in every respect. Of course, name calling is your ace in the hole..... just like daddy did to you...... Ps- Daddy was right both ways....
Are you trying to troll me?
Try harder.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24569 Mar 20, 2013
I'm certainly your superior, in every respect. Of course, name calling is your ace in the hole..... just like daddy did to you...... Ps- Daddy was right both ways....
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24570 Mar 20, 2013
ebtcollector wrote:
Homosapien....
No one reads your long winded blabble.
Give me solutions to global warming.
Otherwise stfu
Babble, black hole of intelligence..... LMAOROFU~!
ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

#24572 Mar 20, 2013
Blah blah blah....
Carbon tax.

You stupid deniers Blah Blah Blah....
Carbon tax.

You don't appreciate science Blah Blah Blah....
Carbon tax.

All roads lead to centralized power over world citizens all paying tax to a global central government.
Blah Blah blah.....
CARBON TAX

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24573 Mar 20, 2013
ebtcollector wrote:
So how do we tackle the problem of man made global warming?
By not releasing carbon (mostly CO2) into the atmosphere.

Many of us, & our governments, suffer from the psychotic, deslusional hallucination that it's "free" to emit carbon into the atmosphere without restraint. It most assuredly is NOT free.

It already costs us more than a hundred billion dollars annually. In the future it will be almost incalculably more expensive.

It's a bit like the national debt. We're spending the money now, expecting people in the future to pay the costs.

A stiff carbon tax is the only way to get the true costs of fossil fuels into their prices. That, plus stopping the enormous subsidies to FF companies (billions annually in direct subsidies, trillion-dollar oil wars in the Mid East, etc) is the only way to have a truly free market for energy that actually reflects reality instead of our fantasies.

The lack of a stiff carbon tax is a horrendous government policy that grossly distorts the energy market.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24574 Mar 20, 2013
Babble, trolling black hole of intelligence..... LMAOROFU~!

Poor child, you either lied or it's your duty to figure out how to help the environment. Pretty simple way... to point out you're stupid.....
ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

#24575 Mar 20, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
The lack of a stiff carbon tax is a horrendous government policy that grossly distorts the energy market.
Good luck with that
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#24576 Mar 20, 2013
ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

#24577 Mar 20, 2013
Seriously...
good luck with that carbon tax.

You are going to need it
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24578 Mar 20, 2013
What a child.....
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24579 Mar 21, 2013
Who wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new s/article-2294560/The-great-gr een-1-The-hard-proof-finally-s hows-global-warming-forecasts- costing-billions-WRONG-along.h tml
Do ya think?
National Enquirer equivalent... Pretty sad, you didn't find that obvious.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#24580 Mar 21, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
Yes is does. Climate's main thermostat is carbon dioxide, We know this from studying past climate on the earth, where CO2 level is the most important single factor in determining the earth's temperature. Richard Alley has said this in his YouTube lectures. I THINK this is one where he says it; if not, I'll keep looking & try to post it:[URL deleted]
No, climate doesn't have a thermostat:

A thermostat is a component of a control system which senses the temperature of a system so that the system's temperature is maintained near a desired setpoint. The thermostat does this by switching heating or cooling devices on or off, or regulating the flow of a heat transfer fluid as needed, to maintain the correct temperature. The name is derived from the Greek words thermos "hot" and statos "a standing".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermostat
Kyle

United States

#24581 Mar 21, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
It's important for you to act/feel superior, try slugs... People are WAY BEYOND YOU....
Poor baby.
Someday, you should try intelligence, if you have any..... LMAOROTFU~!
That clear concession is accepted.
Kyle

United States

#24582 Mar 21, 2013
ebtcollector wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you.
now what?
You're lying because you've lost the argument. You WILL deny again.

What next? Already answered more than once. Hint: It's what you deniers bitch about to deflect from the science.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#24583 Mar 21, 2013
ebtcollector wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I believed you.
Now what?
Or you just get off on fighting on forums?
Using issues to seek interaction with others, the only way you know how.
I believe you.
Global warming is real.
Now what?
Is your goal reaching a consensus?
Or just fighting with people?
I believe you.
NOW WHAT?
Are you just lying repeatedly as deniers do? If not, swear that you'll never deny again.

I say your question is desperate stalling. You know damn well what the big, market-based measure should be. Why don't you tell us?
I

“I Want To Be Evil”

Since: Feb 13

I Wanna Be Bad

#24584 Mar 21, 2013
Coldest spring in 40 years in Minnesota, so much for "Global Warming", oh wait, they had to change it to "Climate Change", because it's so obviously BS!!!!!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24585 Mar 21, 2013
Overall, winters have warmed about two to four degrees in the past 30 years or so. One good way to measure it is to look at these number of subzero lows that we're seeing at night. There are distinct trends that are emerging in the past 30 to 40 years toward fewer subzero low temperatures in Minnesota and the Twin Cities.

Quick example: this year we've had five days so far, last year we had three. That's a very low number. If you go back to the 1970s - the whole decade - we had 444 subzero days. During the 1980s we had 280, during the 1990s we had 256; down to 198 in the 2000s. That's a 57% drop in those subzero nights. If you look at that overall the trend lines show we could be down to around 10 on average per winter. We used to average about 30 back in the '70s and we could be maybe closer to zero by 2040. By 2040, in the Twin Cities we could be very close to few or any subzero nights if our current climate trends continue.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24586 Mar 21, 2013
Who wrote:
Do ya think?
But do you enough to watch this?

litesong

Everett, WA

#24587 Mar 21, 2013
Miss Piggy Chops wrote:
Coldest spring in 40 years in Minnesota, so much for "Global Warming", oh wait, they had to change it to "Climate Change", because it's so obviously BS!!!!!
Frank Luntz, advisor to re-pubic-lick-uns, said to use 'climate change' to make re-pubic-lick-uns more electable. However, re-pubic-lick-un numbers continue to decrease percentage-wise.

As for your cold weather, AGW enhanced warm fronts push hard into the Arctic, causing some of the Arctic increased temperatures. Simultaneously, Arctic cold fronts are moved out of the Arctic to the south, giving you cold toes. I'm glad.

You've read my accounts before. You just continue to deny the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 5 hr Chanta53 637
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING Fri LIbEralS 39
News Couple Charged In Fatal Shooting In North Minne... Fri Hunter 20
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro Dec 7 Trump worst presi... 71
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 7 Trump worst presi... 2
California Dems Block Gang Member Database Dec 6 TAAM 1
Get Over It! Dec 3 Evil Roy Slade 10

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance