Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
23,241 - 23,260 of 32,035 Comments Last updated 32 min ago
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

We need to get big cars of the roads except for buses
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
I don't accuse them of dishonesty.
But I accuse 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' of being a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener, as well as NOT having science & mathematics in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa AND making errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.

All math errors by 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' were accomplished with very few attempts. In the last year or more,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' has NOT even attempted math calculations.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How do you observe all geological sources of CO2 when more than 2/3rd of the Earth is under the oceans?
Global warming is faith based, not science based.
Geothermal ocean vents, etc. have been surveyed and studied at length. Your ignorance is a pitiful argument, science denier.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Well, Brian, I think it likely that you're pretty satisfied with your response. It seems that you may well be a genuine denier; that is; that you don't secretly know you're wrong and are just irrationally in denial. That said, I'm going to show you exactly how your thinking is confused and point out the gaping errors in your arguments.

Don't let us down, though. All deniers initially refuse to learn anything or even acknowledge that they've lost on any point at all. I predict you'll be utterly incapable of conceding that I'm right on a single point.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>My point is simple, if you are going to buy a hair growth product you should try a sample or a product that's been experimentally tested. Why wouldn't you use the same standard for climate change mitigation?
I agree. Just as you would only undertake a hair growth experiment that is thoroughly researched, the same should be done with climate mitigation. Climate change has been studied in such detail for so long that this threshold was met many years ago. We know the carbon flows throughout the biosphere with rather narrow error bars and have for a long time.

So, can I count you as a supporter of immediate experimentation with mitigation schemes?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I accept the science of climate change; climate always changes.
You're lying via semantics. You know exactly what I was referring to and you deny the science. And you've just done so with yet another repetition of retarded denier argument #1. Analogy - You shouldn't have any problems with jumping out a 100th story window. After all, you've fallen down many times before.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's no experimental evidence we can do anything to mitigate climate change. I call that 'practical' grounds but if you want to call it 'scientific' grounds; go for it.
Only because deniers have succeeded in largely preventing meaningful amounts of mitigation. How convenient. Failure to state the mitigation measures you would back in your next response will be taken as a concession that you know you're posing a Catch 22.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We've tens of thousands of years learning to adapt to climate change.
You missed just a couple of salient points:

1) For 99% of that time, our population was orders of magnitude smaller and lived as hunter-gatherers. Relevance to billions and the required agriculture to feed them = damn near ZERO.

2) Climate changed very gradually the vast majority of this time, with rare exceptions. One was ~73,000 yrs ago, at which time the human population was reduced to perhaps 1,000 to 10,000 individuals; we nearly went extinct. One is right now, as the lagging effects of human action are just starting to accelerate. The human CO2 contribution is ~100X that of volcanism and the atmospheric CO2 concentration is rising ~100X faster than at any time in the 800,000 year historical record. That's 4 times the age of our species.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Human climate adaptation science is so strong we can now live almost anywhere on Earth.
We can, but how? Not long ago we did it by hunting and gathering in tiny numbers (but even then we wiped out entire classes of fauna). Now billions do it by trading on a global scale; trading the resources of the inhospitable regions for the food grown on most of the currently arable land.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No living species has evolved the ability to mitigate climate change; life adapts.
This is just indecipherable. Pure nonsense as far as I can tell. Clearly, we would mitigate the problem through technology, just as technology created it, not by evolving CO2 absorbent skin or something, you flippin' nitwit.

Now, don't let me down. Be a good denier and refuse to acknowledge any of your errors or the validity of any point that I made. Repeat some bumper-sticker idiocy and call me names.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>My science is in the experimental record; there' no demonstration of any climate change mitigation working and no experiments showing man made climate change. The science isn't behind climate change mitigation technology, the science is with the skeptics. If you could show it works, wouldn't that be an easier sell?
Your (ONE) idea is just silly, Brian. I put this analogy on other threads, but it's worth repeating.

It's like you're staying in an unfamiliar house & the furnace is staying on, causing uncomfortably warm temperatures. Rather than looking for a thermostat, though, you just "adapt" to the warmer temps.

Then you come here & say "the thermostat is a hoax, there's NO way to lower the furnace."

True, perhaps the thermostat is broken or the furnace is stuck on, or perhaps it's someplace in the house where you don't have access. But YOU DIDN'T EVEN LOOK FOR IT, let alone try to turn it on. How can you possibly know the thermostat is a hoax?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Climate doesn't have a thermostat.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
You should try scientific science fiction that would be the only info they can process.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Phd="If you most lie...."

You make it EZ, to disregard your claptrap.

The next time you address the topic, will be the first. Please seek help
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
The bush whacked got its clap trapper whacked again and again. You need to revisit 2nd grade English class again you fall short in the discipline. Now if you must prevaricate address the spacedoutblues and the "pinheadlitesout" they can carry a dialogue with you that you may understand.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

The bush whacked got its clap trapper whacked again and again. You need to revisit 2nd grade English class again you fall short in the discipline. Now if you must prevaricate address the spacedoutblues and the "pinheadlitesout" they can carry a dialogue with you that you may understand.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

The bush whacked got its clap trapper whacked again and again. You need to revisit 2nd grade English class again. You fall short in that discipline. Now if you must prevaricate address the spacedoutblues and the "pinheadlitesout" they can carry a dialogue with you that you may understand.

Since: Aug 08

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

PHD2 Reality wrote:
North Pole Weather Today
Mar 19
Mostly sunny and very cold 6 Lo -16
Wed
Mar 20
Mostly cloudy and very cold 5 Lo -20
Thu
Mar 21
Partly sunny and very cold 7 Lo -11
Fri
Mar 22
Cloudy and very cold1 5 Lo 4
Yes, you must agree that those North Pole temperatures are warmer than normal. Recent average temperatures above the 80th parallel have been -21 to 26 degC. Of course, even these temperatures have been warmer than mid-20th century temperatures. Yeah...... lots of cold is being forced to the south.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Listen up, you cowardly piece of shite:

You forfeited your right to make lame, denier comments when you chose to ignore my response that you cannot refute. Even the typical denier scum will simply disappear for a while when they're placed in a position of admitting they are wrong.

You can resume posting nonsensical denier BS just as soon as you admit that your previous posts was painfully wrong in almost every conceivable way. I suggest that you do as I do and address every point in sequence, quoting as needed to maintain continuity. Of course, that implies that you'll be making a reasoned, supportable argument.

Since we both know that you cannot do so in this case, I'll be generous and allow you to concede with one brief admission. Just one sentence to the effect of "I, Brian G, concede that all significant claims and arguments that I made in my penultimate comment have been successfully refuted and therefore retract them and agree to cease using them or their equivalents in the future, on this thread or any other."

That's what an honest person would do.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You should try scientific science fiction that would be the only info they can process.
You should try supporting your bare assertions.

You should also try posting or referencing science - any science.

You should try shutting up when you have nothing intelligent to say.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>The bush whacked got its clap trapper whacked again and again. You need to revisit 2nd grade English class again you fall short in the discipline. Now if you must prevaricate address the spacedoutblues and the "pinheadlitesout" they can carry a dialogue with you that you may understand.
No support for your position.

No science, yet again.

I accept your latest concession.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:

No science, yet again.

Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
The bush whacked got its clap trapper whacked again and again. You need to revisit 2nd grade English class again. You fall short in that discipline. Now if you must prevaricate address the spacedoutblues and the "pinheadlitesout" they can carry a dialogue with you that you may understand.

No science, yet again.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:

Yes is does. Climate's main thermostat is carbon dioxide, We know this from studying past climate on the earth, where CO2 level is the most important single factor in determining the earth's temperature.

Richard Alley has said this in his YouTube lectures. I THINK this is one where he says it; if not, I'll keep looking & try to post it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 10 min LIbEralS 52
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Listen Up 26,188
Andi uses racial slur 3 hr Bellweather 2
Tweet Gets Family Booted Off Plane 4 hr Leroy The Babtist 2
Police Shoot Dog During Chase 4 hr Mozolume Pilot 6
Franken REFUSES to debate at the State Fair 5 hr Space ace 4
Michele Bachmann 2016 first woman President ( Y... 5 hr Mozolume Pilot 20
•••
•••