Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
23,181 - 23,200 of 32,474 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24474 Mar 18, 2013
jose wrote:
Ok so 3.5 million year camel fosseles were just discovered in the canadian artic because they lived there during a period of global warming(google it) and many of you will read this and still blame everything on modern man, Those of you who do this tell me do you use clothes dryers and spew warm air into the great outdoors or do you use a clothes line and walk the walk as you talk the talk
Moronic denier argument #1- Climate changed before, so we can dismiss all the science.

It's utterly nonsensical. There isn't even a hint of logic there.
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24475 Mar 18, 2013
PHD2 wrote:
Sure is cold out.
Splain that.
It's winter, you flippin' moron. Thanks for the millionth example of moronic denier argument #2.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#24476 Mar 18, 2013
Sounds "right", wing nut.
litesong

Everett, WA

#24477 Mar 18, 2013
PHD2 wrote:
Sure is cold out.
Splain that.
Splained plenty of times.

The Arctic has had 24 hours of darkness for nearly 6 months. Been really cold up there. But man-made excess energy in the atmosphere has occasionally but more vigorously pushed warmth into the Arctic. Simultaneously, cold Arctic fronts are pushed to the south. Often while the Arctic is excessively warm, southern climes are excessively cold.
Kyle

Knox, IN

#24478 Mar 18, 2013
PHD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is flat and Russia and China are on the other side and the pollution they produce stays on their side of the planet.
You're obviously a sock puppet for the original, as this is exactly as retarded as Post Hole Fitter's non-responses.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#24479 Mar 18, 2013
It's a schmahl minded spammer/name changer child...
litesong

Everett, WA

#24480 Mar 18, 2013
PHD2 wrote:
The earth is flat and Russia and China are on the other side and the pollution they produce stays on their side of the planet.
'Bout 10% of the air pollution in the west coast states of the U.S. comes from China. We got tsunami trash from Japan washing up on our shores. May not bother the 'Lands of the 10,000 Lakes' much, tho.
PHD2

Minneapolis, MN

#24481 Mar 18, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
'Bout 10% of the air pollution in the west coast states of the U.S. comes from China. We got tsunami trash from Japan washing up on our shores. May not bother the 'Lands of the 10,000 Lakes' much, tho.
How much VOG reaches the west coast?
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#24482 Mar 18, 2013
Depends on whether you're speaking or posting.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#24483 Mar 18, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't judge the land of 10,000 lakes by
PHD2,he fell through the educational safety net,he's a full fledge
nut,he's from trash side of town.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#24484 Mar 18, 2013
jose wrote:
Ok so 3.5 million year camel fosseles were just discovered in the canadian artic because they lived there during a period of global warming(google it) and many of you will read this and still blame everything on modern man, Those of you who do this tell me do you use clothes dryers and spew warm air into the great outdoors or do you use a clothes line and walk the walk as you talk the talk
There used to be palm trees and crocodiles at the Arctic. But if you see the crocs buying Bermuda shorts and sun cream and moving north again, don't think it's nothing to worry about- the rest of the Earth was arid and inhospitable when the Arctic was tropical.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#24485 Mar 19, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Geological sources are not emitting enough CO2 to explain the rise. Observable fact.
How do you observe all geological sources of CO2 when more than 2/3rd of the Earth is under the oceans?

Global warming is faith based, not science based.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#24486 Mar 19, 2013
Kyle wrote:
You said this a few times, but it's so strangely formulated that I don't understand your point.
My point is simple, if you are going to buy a hair growth product you should try a sample or a product that's been experimentally tested. Why wouldn't you use the same standard for climate change mitigation?

Kyle wrote:
Do you accept the science of climate change, but reject doing anything about it - supposedly on scientific grounds?
I accept the science of climate change; climate always changes. There's no experimental evidence we can do anything to mitigate climate change. I call that 'practical' grounds but if you want to call it 'scientific' grounds; go for it.

We've tens of thousands of years learning to adapt to climate change. Human climate adaptation science is so strong we can now live almost anywhere on Earth. No living species has evolved the ability to mitigate climate change; life adapts.

"the green troll"

#24487 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How do you observe all geological sources of CO2 when more than 2/3rd of the Earth is under the oceans?
Global warming is faith based, not science based.
CO2 is increasing in the oceans from the top down not the bottom up, and the isotope ratio doesn't match anthropogenic CO2.

Science.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#24488 Mar 19, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
CO2 is increasing in the oceans from the top down not the bottom up, and the isotope ratio doesn't match anthropogenic CO2. Science.
Water moves around, it's fluid. Science.

Please note, if the isotope ratio doesn't match anthropogenic CO2, then the CO2 isn't man made. Problem solved.

"the green troll"

#24489 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Water moves around, it's fluid. Science.
Please note, if the isotope ratio doesn't match anthropogenic CO2, then the CO2 isn't man made. Problem solved.
No, the CO2 isn't volcanic.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#24491 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>My point is simple, if you are going to buy a hair growth product you should try a sample or a product that's been experimentally tested. Why wouldn't you use the same standard for climate change mitigation?
OK. You should be using the same principle before you burn fossil fuels.

You are not thinking clearly.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#24492 Mar 19, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>.. you believe in baldness cures ! LMAOROTFU~!
Yet he does not believe in climate mitigation!

He's confused.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24493 Mar 19, 2013
I'm putting my money on bald & dumb, but you're clearly nicer.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24494 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>... There's no experimental evidence we can do anything to mitigate climate change...
Yes, & there was no experimental evidence that we could go to the Moon in 1963 when President Kennedy proposed we do it. You are just one of the pessimists who GUARANTEE failure before they even try.

What would happen if you started a business with the attitude "I KNOW this business is going to fail"? What if Jeff Bezos had had that attitude when he started Amazon? After all, there was no experimental evidence his business model could work.

You must have had a very tough time in life. Have you ever done ANYTHING worthwhile?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Henry Kissinger "assembly of a new world order" 54 min Space ace 1
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 58 min Space ace 3
Drop one word....add one word game 2 hr _Zoey_ 84
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr Advertisment 26,226
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 8 hr Einer Joe Hansen ... 63
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 8 hr cantmakeitup 17
DHS considering new security measures to interc... 8 hr cantmakeitup 3
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search