Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
23,141 - 23,160 of 32,345 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
Are you implying that the validity of climate science is somehow dependent upon the status of mitigation schemes?
Not at all; I've never claimed "the validity of climate science is somehow dependent upon the status of mitigation schemes", those are Kyle's words, not mine.

I'm suggesting the validity of climate change mitigation is dependent on the experimental record and since no experiments show the possibility of changing global climate, climate change mitigation is a hoax.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Climate warms, climate cools, sometimes it stays about the same. Who can deny that?
Old nonsense.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
When human beings are aroused, they emit more carbon dioxide than when they are at rest.
Face it, emitting CO2 is fun!
Old nonsense.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to build a time machine that would exchange all the wasted time I waited for a sensible reply on Topix and turn it into sound sleep.
I'm still working on that one.
More old nonsense.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>There isn't even 200 years worth of accurate data to base anything on.
Globally, all they have is 30 years worth of slightly more accurate satellite data.
LOL.

A denier that fell into silence.. w/o ever admitting payment for posts from Spain.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Warmists seem more interested in the source of information, than it's accuracy.
More stale nonsense.

LOL.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite even one single experiment that shows how much manmade CO2 in the air changes climate? As far as I can find, climate change mitigation has never been tried or tested. That makes climate change theory weak, and climate change mitigation a hoax.
Who cares what you think? NOBODY.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Global warming is trivial, climate always changes. The question, how much does human activity influence climate, is manmade CO2 significant and is climate warming harmful are open for debate.
There are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation, it's never even been tried or tested. That's how you can tell, it's a hoax.
NOBODY cares about what you post!

hahaha

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Old nonsense. Old nonsense. More old nonsense. More stale nonsense. LOL.
Eternal truth: Climate warms, climate cools, sometimes it stays about the same. Who can deny that?

Fun fact: When human beings are aroused, they emit more carbon dioxide than when they are at rest. Face it, emitting CO2 is fun!

Witty Exaggeration: I tried to build a time machine that would exchange all the wasted time I waited for a sensible reply on Topix and turn it into sound sleep. I'm still working on that one.

I can't believe I posted that last one, can you cite?

SpaceBlues wrote:
Who cares what you think? NOBODY. NOBODY cares about what you post! hahaha
SpaceBlues posts a lot for a nobody.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

LOL.
Will Not fly on a 787

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

IF the globe was warming it would NEVER cool down like it has this year..

We still have February temps in MARCH!!!
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>NOBODY cares about what you post!
hahaha
NOBODY!!! Cares what you post they read it for free entertainment. Here is a new one why don't you post real science instead of you cut and pastes scientific science fiction?
Irish MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Will Not fly on a 787 wrote:
IF the globe was warming it would NEVER cool down like it has this year..
We still have February temps in MARCH!!!
Science isn't really your thing is it.
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Science, more like scientific science fiction.
Julio

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

As we see melting of polar ice caps, glacial withdraw and warming seas we know there is a temperature issue. In 1990 my father asked me if i noticed the sun was brighter than in my child hood.Kinda blew him off.It is brighter almost oppresive.Well a few tra ago we blamed hfc's for destroying the o zone for letting in many light spectruns and melting the caps.I suspect yes co2 is building a blanket effect.However the co2 also creates a green hous efect.If the rest of the world increases co2 production: in summery and the sun stays at or increases production.Well Katy bar the gate My small opinion is cut US fossil x ports.Or and or open our domestic markets and see what Mr. Solus does. U tell me
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

The end results will be more scientific science fiction to extract more tax dollars from the real tax payer and continue their fear tactics.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>Who takes your money at the gas station, a robot?
Who's there to unlock the tanks when the tanker truck arrives to fill them, a robot?
Who switches the pumps on when the station opens and off when it closes, a robot?
Who keeps an eye on things in case of accidents, a robot?
LOL.

Stop judging others.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanting to see the results of repeatable experimental tests before we change our economy isn't too much to ask. Basic science, the scientific method, includes testing a hypothesis. Faith based climate change mitigation may not be a wise choice.
After Bush reduced the economy, emissions became lower in USA but continued to increase in Asia.

The climate data will be explained in 2014 by IPCC.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
We reject climate change mitigation because it is a novel, untested prototype. It might not work, it might make things worse, it's never been tried.
Would you buy a used car without seeing it, hearing it run or taking it out for a test drive?
No one has ever experimentally captured or released greenhouse gas into the air and measured a temperature change. That's a good clue, it's a hoax.
"No one has ever experimentally captured or released greenhouse gas into the air and measured a temperature change?"

Wake up, liar. Released! Measured!

Status: Nowadays 90,000,000 tons of man-made CO2 are emitted daily and the temperatures are still measured all over.

Shame on you.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
We don't want our governments to tell us what to drive or try to mitigate climate change. We'll show them, in November.
And that was 2008 election.

Did you show them?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info