Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35579 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Will Not fly on a 787

Minneapolis, MN

#24423 Mar 15, 2013
IF the globe was warming it would NEVER cool down like it has this year..

We still have February temps in MARCH!!!
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#24424 Mar 16, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>NOBODY cares about what you post!
hahaha
NOBODY!!! Cares what you post they read it for free entertainment. Here is a new one why don't you post real science instead of you cut and pastes scientific science fiction?
Irish MN

Saint Paul, MN

#24425 Mar 16, 2013
Will Not fly on a 787 wrote:
IF the globe was warming it would NEVER cool down like it has this year..
We still have February temps in MARCH!!!
Science isn't really your thing is it.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#24426 Mar 16, 2013
Science, more like scientific science fiction.
Julio

Ada, OH

#24427 Mar 16, 2013
As we see melting of polar ice caps, glacial withdraw and warming seas we know there is a temperature issue. In 1990 my father asked me if i noticed the sun was brighter than in my child hood.Kinda blew him off.It is brighter almost oppresive.Well a few tra ago we blamed hfc's for destroying the o zone for letting in many light spectruns and melting the caps.I suspect yes co2 is building a blanket effect.However the co2 also creates a green hous efect.If the rest of the world increases co2 production: in summery and the sun stays at or increases production.Well Katy bar the gate My small opinion is cut US fossil x ports.Or and or open our domestic markets and see what Mr. Solus does. U tell me
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#24428 Mar 16, 2013
The end results will be more scientific science fiction to extract more tax dollars from the real tax payer and continue their fear tactics.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24429 Mar 16, 2013
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>Who takes your money at the gas station, a robot?
Who's there to unlock the tanks when the tanker truck arrives to fill them, a robot?
Who switches the pumps on when the station opens and off when it closes, a robot?
Who keeps an eye on things in case of accidents, a robot?
LOL.

Stop judging others.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24430 Mar 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanting to see the results of repeatable experimental tests before we change our economy isn't too much to ask. Basic science, the scientific method, includes testing a hypothesis. Faith based climate change mitigation may not be a wise choice.
After Bush reduced the economy, emissions became lower in USA but continued to increase in Asia.

The climate data will be explained in 2014 by IPCC.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24431 Mar 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
We reject climate change mitigation because it is a novel, untested prototype. It might not work, it might make things worse, it's never been tried.
Would you buy a used car without seeing it, hearing it run or taking it out for a test drive?
No one has ever experimentally captured or released greenhouse gas into the air and measured a temperature change. That's a good clue, it's a hoax.
"No one has ever experimentally captured or released greenhouse gas into the air and measured a temperature change?"

Wake up, liar. Released! Measured!

Status: Nowadays 90,000,000 tons of man-made CO2 are emitted daily and the temperatures are still measured all over.

Shame on you.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24432 Mar 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
We don't want our governments to tell us what to drive or try to mitigate climate change. We'll show them, in November.
And that was 2008 election.

Did you show them?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24433 Mar 16, 2013
Poor Brain Gone, slept through the recent election and spamming is the only solution ???
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#24434 Mar 17, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>"No one has ever experimentally captured or released greenhouse gas into the air and measured a temperature change?"
Wake up, liar. Released! Measured!
Status: Nowadays 90,000,000 tons of man-made CO2 are emitted daily and the temperatures are still measured all over.
Shame on you.
Yes you are correct they did measure man made CO2 by the scientific science fiction method. Now put on your big boy/girl pants and show all your peer reviewed published REAL SCIENCE work or go away and shut your pie hole.
Kyle

Rensselaer, IN

#24435 Mar 17, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you are correct they did measure man made CO2 by the scientific science fiction method. Now put on your big boy/girl pants and show all your peer reviewed published REAL SCIENCE work or go away and shut your pie hole.
Not even the most dishonest/deranged science denier questions that the increased CO2 output is man made. All you need do is some simple math to calculate the amount produced by the burning of the known qty's fuels used
Where the hell is YOUR SCIENCE?! ANY SCIENCE?!

Knowing that you're incapable of science - even referencing it in any way - I preemptively accept your 134th consecutive concession.
Will Not fly on a 787

Minneapolis, MN

#24436 Mar 17, 2013
Damn it's COLD!!

10-15 degrees colder than average.

Global WARMING?

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#24437 Mar 17, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
"No one has ever experimentally captured or released greenhouse gas into the air and measured a temperature change?" Wake up, liar. Released! Measured! Status: Nowadays 90,000,000 tons of man-made CO2 are emitted daily and the temperatures are still measured all over. Shame on you.
Our CO2 emissions aren't an experiment; most alarmists don't understand science so they can't make rational judgments about it.

When they learn how experiments are used to refine theory and see there are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation; they'll know better.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24438 Mar 17, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Our CO2 emissions aren't an experiment; most alarmists don't understand science so they can't make rational judgments about it.
When they learn how experiments are used to refine theory and see there are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation; they'll know better.
Actually, your arrogance is astounding. If you knew science, you would recognize the posters with science education, training, and experience from their posts.

Your comment is absolutely nonsense. Hey stay that way, a box of rocks like your buddy ph'd.

The GHG physics is science that you don't understand along with the rest of science and mathematics.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24439 Mar 17, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>to ph'd:

Not even the most dishonest/deranged science denier questions that the increased CO2 output is man made. All you need do is some simple math to calculate the amount produced by the burning of the known qty's fuels used.
Where the hell is YOUR SCIENCE?! ANY SCIENCE?!
Knowing that you're incapable of science - even referencing it in any way - I preemptively accept your 134th consecutive concession.
I agree.

You express precisely and impressively. Thanks for our lesson.

Home, sweet home.

#24440 Mar 17, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Actually, your arrogance is astounding. If you knew science, you would recognize the posters with science education, training, and experience from their posts. Your comment is absolutely nonsense. Hey stay that way, a box of rocks like your buddy ph'd. The GHG physics is science that you don't understand along with the rest of science and mathematics.
Does SpaceBlues believe our greenhouse gas emissions are an experimental test of global warming, like Fair Game? If so, he knows as little about the experimental method as Fair Game.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24441 Mar 17, 2013
Just whining about an experiment, then you'd complain about the comparison... Go find a dog and walk it, you're more useful doing menial tasks.....

Home, sweet home.

#24442 Mar 17, 2013
Kyle wrote:
Not even the most dishonest/deranged science denier questions that the increased CO2 output is man made. All you need do is some simple math to calculate the amount produced by the burning of the known qty's fuels used Where the hell is YOUR SCIENCE?! ANY SCIENCE?! Knowing that you're incapable of science - even referencing it in any way - I preemptively accept your 134th consecutive concession.
Even if you measured worldwide, how much fuel people used or stored, how much wood, pete and organic waste was burned, that wouldn't tell how that compares to natural sources. There'd still be no way to compare man's CO2 emissions from CO2 effervesced from the oceans as they warm and CO2 emissions for geological sources.

Coincidence isn't causality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Statewide protective agency (Oct '15) 16 hr Troy 34
News Fmr. Prior Lake Youth Pastor Charged With Havin... Mon Paris Hilton 24
Sick hillary Sun LIbEralS 11
News Ramsey County / Meth dealer's motives in sting ... (Aug '08) Sat Lynnhollenbeck 13
Hillary will lose! "EmailGate" NOT WORTHY TO BE... Sep 24 cantmakeitup 5
Don't vote for Hillary! Sep 24 cantmakeitup 7
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Sep 23 LIbEralS 548

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages