Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
Capt Crunch

Cave Creek, AZ

#24309 Mar 10, 2013
PHD wrote:
Well if it fits you ware it.
ware"= are?>you
"ware"=wear?>you
PHD

Overton, TX

#24310 Mar 10, 2013
Capt Crunch wrote:
<quoted text>
ware"= are?>you
"ware"=wear?>you
Ok my bad wear it.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24311 Mar 10, 2013
Between the pair of you, no honor/brains.....
PHD

Overton, TX

#24312 Mar 10, 2013
Said the master above with no honor and no brains.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24313 Mar 10, 2013
As I said, no point in facts, when you're too stupid to support them.
PHD

Overton, TX

#24314 Mar 10, 2013
AS I said the master above with no honor and no brains.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24316 Mar 10, 2013
As I said, no point in facts, when you're too stupid to support them or use commas properly, incidentally.
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#24317 Mar 10, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
As I said, no point in facts, when you're too stupid to support them or use commas properly, incidentally.
Slewsie dear, how was your nap? You vanish so quickly sometimes that I worry about you. It makes me think your meds are causing you to black out again.
Ralph

Saint Paul, MN

#24318 Mar 10, 2013
I respect your radical positions on Global Warming.

However it's a colder than normal winter, it doesn't jell with the Global Warming claim.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24319 Mar 10, 2013
Overall, winters have warmed about two to four degrees in the past 30 years or so. One good way to measure it is to look at these number of subzero lows that we're seeing at night. There are distinct trends that are emerging in the past 30 to 40 years toward fewer subzero low temperatures in Minnesota and the Twin Cities.

Quick example: this year we've had five days so far, last year we had three. That's a very low number. If you go back to the 1970s - the whole decade - we had 444 subzero days. During the 1980s we had 280, during the 1990s we had 256; down to 198 in the 2000s. That's a 57% drop in those subzero nights. If you look at that overall the trend lines show we could be down to around 10 on average per winter. We used to average about 30 back in the '70s and we could be maybe closer to zero by 2040. By 2040, in the Twin Cities we could be very close to few or any subzero nights if our current climate trends continue.
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#24320 Mar 10, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Overall, winters have warmed about two to four degrees in the past 30 years or so. One good way to measure it is to look at these number of subzero lows that we're seeing at night. There are distinct trends that are emerging in the past 30 to 40 years toward fewer subzero low temperatures in Minnesota and the Twin Cities.
Quick example: this year we've had five days so far, last year we had three. That's a very low number. If you go back to the 1970s - the whole decade - we had 444 subzero days. During the 1980s we had 280, during the 1990s we had 256; down to 198 in the 2000s. That's a 57% drop in those subzero nights. If you look at that overall the trend lines show we could be down to around 10 on average per winter. We used to average about 30 back in the '70s and we could be maybe closer to zero by 2040. By 2040, in the Twin Cities we could be very close to few or any subzero nights if our current climate trends continue.
Slewsie dear, I am so proud of my gay hubby. Not only are you the Spell Check Queen of Topix, but now you prove you are Al Gore Jr. And you did it without cutting and pasting anything. LMAOROLFU~!
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#24322 Mar 10, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Yup, Sounds right to me. I HEART AGW! It seems to be a good thing.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24323 Mar 10, 2013
Flooding, agricultural changes, plants dying, and drought.... Sure, you're clueless, you prefer it....
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#24324 Mar 10, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Flooding, agricultural changes, plants dying, and drought.... Sure, you're clueless, you prefer it....
OMG Slewsie dear. Will our mythical cabin at the trout stream in the clouds be affected?
Capt Crunch

Cave Creek, AZ

#24325 Mar 10, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
How proud you must be! All that without using ebonics!
LEARNER

New Albany, IN

#24326 Mar 11, 2013
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
Could all of the space debry that falls back to earth have anything to do with the ozone layer problem? What about all of the rockets that burn through to outer space to send stuff that will eventually come back down ?
What goes up must come down. It's not just those huge rockets burning through the ozone layer, it is all the thousands of jet airplanes leaving trails in the upper atmosphere too. They want to blame it all on automobiles though.
PHD

Overton, TX

#24327 Mar 11, 2013
Yes and all the useless hot air posted by the bushmister.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24329 Mar 11, 2013
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#24330 Mar 11, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Most people don't realize that GHG theory states that warming will be greatest at night, in the winter, and near the poles. Warming will be least during the day, in the summer, and near the equator.

It's astounding to me that with all of the data showing precisely this taking place, denier wingnuts still claim that the sun is causing warming. If it were the sun, warming would be greatest during the day, in the summer, and near the equator.

Also, the upper atmosphere is cooling, as GHG theory predicts, instead of warming as it would if caused by the sun.

In other words, the lying wingnuts are proven wrong by four different data sets, but denier lies never die.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#24331 Mar 11, 2013
PHD wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Well, nutters, nothing's changed here.
Yes folks as the above commander nuttier have posted it and the above remain the same. Why it has to be the commander nuttier it claims itís an auto engineer that designs all the recalls.
Yet another (dishonest) concession from the 100% science-free grand poohba of all nutters.

Thanks again. Don't stop now; maybe if you fail to support your wingnuttery with science 1000 times in a row, the intellectual bankruptcy of denial will even be obvious to a microencepholitic sloth like Ralph.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mall of America Protest 12 hr cantmakeitup 15
Minneapolis schools superintendent FIRED 17 hr Ron 9
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) Fri LIbEralS 29
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... Fri American_Sons 13
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) Fri Martin Scott treptow 84
8 dead in aussie stabbing Fri Space ace 1
MNsure losing money already (Jan '14) Fri LIbEralS 17
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web