Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Comments (Page 1,146)

Showing posts 22,901 - 22,920 of31,995
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

You want to pay carbon tax?
Go for it.

No one is stopping you.

Just write a check out to U.N.

But no one is paying carbon tax but you
ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't change the evidence for physical reality.
No matter how justified you believe the reason to do may be.
Lol evidence?

No one says you shouldn't believe what you want to believe.
Well least I'm not.

Pay your carbon tax all you want.
I wont and cant stop you from makinf those choices.

But go ahead and try to force Americans to pay a tax to U.N.
LOL

will go about as well as trying to disarm Americans

Lol stupid ass lemmings
Kyle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

ebtcollector wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol fine. Take comfort in your science.
but keep it out of my personal life.
I don't give a shit if you believe in martians or aliens.
Frankly I could care less what a feeble weak willed imbecile like yourself thinks.
But all this bullshit is about CARBON TAX.
LIKE I SAID WEAK WILLED MORON.
CARPOOL ALL YOU WANT.
PAY MONEY TO UN TO BREATHE IF YOU WANT. THATS YOUR CHOICE.
BUT FREE PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO PAY CARBON TAX.
is that so hard to understand?
Even for a person with limited intelligence like yourself....
Should not be that dificult
Science content = 0; concession accepted.

Substituted fallacious Argument from Consequences; concession accepted.

Continued to reference conspiracy theory sans any evidence for it; concession accepted.

Yelled "THIS IS ABOUT CARBON TAX", apparently thinking that Arguments by Bare Assertion are your best ones; concession accepted.

Lots of insults, based purely on disagreement with my acceptance of science and largely just Pooh flinging; concession accepted.

If you'd like to discuss the science, I'll discuss the science. If you want to continue to add exclamation marks after your monumental concession, by all means continue as before.
Kyle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

ebtcollector wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol evidence?
No one says you shouldn't believe what you want to believe.
Well least I'm not.
Pay your carbon tax all you want.
I wont and cant stop you from makinf those choices.
But go ahead and try to force Americans to pay a tax to U.N.
LOL
will go about as well as trying to disarm Americans
Lol stupid ass lemmings
Listen up, f-tard:

You're believing what you want to believe; that's the nature of all dogmatic beliefs. I would LOVE for the science to be wrong as I'm a rock-ribbed conservative libertarian. However, I looked at the facts and there is no controversy. You are factually wrong in every way. If you want to see conservative or libertarian solutions, you should advocate for them. Instead, you're relegating conservative and libertarian ideas to the dust bin of history by being an anti-science Nutter.

Insults= concession

More yammering about consequences as if they had any bearing on the reality of the problems = concession

More politics; ZERO science = concession

Don't stop now; you're the gift that keeps on giving.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

debtcollector wrote:
Take comfort in your science.
Science belongs to everyone.

Your statement is proof that you have so little science(& mathematics), that you have no connection to science & don't mind giving away what should be yours.
Kyle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

ebtcollector wrote:
Google agenda 21.
Google "Demented Agitprop: the Myth and Madness of Agenda 21 Conspiracy Theories"
ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen up, f-tard:
You're believing what you want to believe; that's the nature of all dogmatic beliefs. I would LOVE for the science to be wrong as I'm a rock-ribbed conservative libertarian. However, I looked at the facts and there is no controversy. You are factually wrong in every way. If you want to see conservative or libertarian solutions, you should advocate for them. Instead, you're relegating conservative and libertarian ideas to the dust bin of history by being an anti-science Nutter.
Insults= concession
More yammering about consequences as if they had any bearing on the reality of the problems = concession
More politics; ZERO science = concession
Don't stop now; you're the gift that keeps on giving.
Lol you looked at the facts?

And that's suppose to mean something?

LOL why are you so offended I don't want to pay carbon tax?

Lol why are you so offended I refuse the status quo?

Does it hurt your sense of having a free will because I don't accept what you present as "science"?

My goodness for a self proclaimed man of science...
You sure do throw a hissy fit when you cant convince others.

So show me the "science" that you "looked" at.

Bitch if you were anything worthy of science...
You wouldn't be propagating on topix.

Now try again feeble amateur.

Shouldn't you be working on cures or something Mr.scientist? ROFL.
What a joke you are.

TRY AGAIN AMATEURS
ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Science belongs to everyone.
Your statement is proof that you have so little science(& mathematics), that you have no connection to science & don't mind giving away what should be yours.
So far you lemmings keep stating "science" with ad hominem attacks.

Yet I haven't seen you post any.
just insults.

So you and litesong are more than welcome to pay a carbon tax
carpool all you want.
Limit your energy use all you want.

Seriously I don't mind if you want to pay carbon tax.
Infact you can pay my share.

But nobody who considers themselves free and independent will.

Obviously you "scientists" Rofl have more knowledge than I do.
So feel free to pay everyones carbon tax.

No one is stopping you.

Seriously...

and you can have the honor of paying my share and everyone else's.

What's stopping you from practicing what you preach?

I assume both you weak-willed "scientists" have been doing your fair share to stop global warming right?

I assume you are posting from a computer that is run by electricity generating bicycle or something.

You wouldn't be using coal powered electricity are you?

Cause that would be hypocritical.
Like al Gore and his energy sucking mansions.

Lol intellectual lightweights like you and litesong are so easy.
Capt Crunch

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Anyone who enjoys a dicussion between two or more fanatics with differing points of view and with not one iota of concluseve proof, must enjpy this thread! LOL
ebtcollector

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Capt Crunch wrote:
Anyone who enjoys a dicussion between two or more fanatics with differing points of view and with not one iota of concluseve proof, must enjpy this thread! LOL
Lol there is no conclusive proof of global warming caused by humans.
big A

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I read these comments and know we are not long before we have a dictator in america, people beleive anything you want them to just promise them something for nothing and you have all the stupid people.Eating out your hand.But when a dictator arrives on the scene you butt will be just like the rest hopeing to get a hand out from the goverment while you watch the old people die from lack of doctors to treet them and when we use up all the money what do you do then pray you can run fast enought to catch a rat to eat.
Ralph

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Ralph wrote:
Now THIS is funny! Ralph and ebtcollector are both the same person - a long retired military nut in North St. Paul Minnesota that posts all day long on Topix using a multitude of posting names and proxy locations.
This nut claims to be an expert on EVERY topic.
Ask him about the 787. Or light rail. Or hunting. Or pretty much ANY topic and this conspiracy theory maniac will know more than the experts.
Avoid this idiot like the plague.
THANKS for the endorsement.

Anything you say is the exact opposite of the truth.

IF someone from NSP has an opinion on everything, why is it wrong when you have NOTHING but garbage to post in response?

Prove me wrong with facts.

I simply post from expert sites. Your responses are junk, liberal drivel.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

ebtcollector wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you lemmings keep stating "science" with ad hominem attacks.
Yet I haven't seen you post any.
just insults.
So you and litesong are more than welcome to pay a carbon tax
carpool all you want.
Limit your energy use all you want.
Seriously I don't mind if you want to pay carbon tax.
Infact you can pay my share.
But nobody who considers themselves free and independent will.
Obviously you "scientists" Rofl have more knowledge than I do.
So feel free to pay everyones carbon tax.
No one is stopping you.
Seriously...
and you can have the honor of paying my share and everyone else's.
What's stopping you from practicing what you preach?
I assume both you weak-willed "scientists" have been doing your fair share to stop global warming right?
I assume you are posting from a computer that is run by electricity generating bicycle or something.
You wouldn't be using coal powered electricity are you?
Cause that would be hypocritical.
Like al Gore and his energy sucking mansions.
Lol intellectual lightweights like you and litesong are so easy.
Number of previously revealed fallacies, diversions, and deceitful "debating" tactics repeated = 100%

Science content = ZERO

Reasoning skills = non-existent

Concession complete.

Ability to admit to de facto concession = non-existent

Intellectual honesty = large negativer number
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong with facts.
I simply post from expert sites. Your responses are junk, liberal drivel.
Oh, so you have some? Good, the other nutter has conceded to having nothing.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

big A wrote:
I read these comments and know we are not long before we have a dictator in america, people beleive anything you want them to just promise them something for nothing and you have all the stupid people.Eating out your hand.But when a dictator arrives on the scene you butt will be just like the rest hopeing to get a hand out from the goverment while you watch the old people die from lack of doctors to treet them and when we use up all the money what do you do then pray you can run fast enought to catch a rat to eat.
You apparently posted to the wrong thread. This one is about the undeniability of the science of global warming.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Capt Crunch wrote:
I've tried in vain to to get the science deniers to present an iota of fact or valid argument.

BTW, "conclusive proof" is for mathematics and logic. Anyone applying such a term as the standard required for science knows nothing about science. Science is about evidence and is always provisional in as much as new information may lead to new conclusions. This is not a weakness; it's the strength of science.

The evidence for GW is unbelievably huge and broad-based. It's literally been "proven" (colloquial usage) for many years that it's "statistically impossible" that we aren't warming and "statistically impossible" that we aren't causing it! This info is freely available; you just have to know what real science looks like, be educated enough to understand it, and intellectually honest enough to accept it.

Since: Mar 09

Port Isabel, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!
They see the financial success of AT&T, Microsoft, Apple, Exon-Mobile, Walt Disney, Hollywood, etc.
And STILL they claim capitalism had absolutely NOTHING to do with it!
Capitalism is a religion to some. It does help make money for the few, but as we see, it does little to overcome the hardships of the many.

It is only a monetary system. It does little to solve the social problems. It has been fostered as the panacea for the people, but is simply a method of taking from the multitudes to fatten the fat calf. It is time for folks to understand that. Just because those with the means tell you that it is good for you to sacrifice for their welfare does not make it so.

Ours if a form of democracy (I understand that some of you will say that it is not a democracy but a republic, never-the-less, the people do have a voice in their destiny.) If everything is left to the forces of capitalism, the people have no direct voice. Those with the most marbles will win all the marbles.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Capt Crunch wrote:
Proof?

The Science of Global Warming Is Older Than Quantum Mechanics

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." [Neil deGrasse Tyson]

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I've tried in vain to to get the science deniers to present an iota of fact or valid argument.
BTW, "conclusive proof" is for mathematics and logic. Anyone applying such a term as the standard required for science knows nothing about science. Science is about evidence and is always provisional in as much as new information may lead to new conclusions. This is not a weakness; it's the strength of science.
The evidence for GW is unbelievably huge and broad-based. It's literally been "proven" (colloquial usage) for many years that it's "statistically impossible" that we aren't warming and "statistically impossible" that we aren't causing it! This info is freely available; you just have to know what real science looks like, be educated enough to understand it, and intellectually honest enough to accept it.
There's a knowledge gap with science deniers that we find it insurmountable to cross via any form of communication.

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." [Neil deGrasse Tyson]

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dep...

The Science of Global Warming Is Older Than Quantum Mechanics!
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

ebtcollector wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol there is no conclusive proof of global warming caused by humans.
"Proof"positive that ebtcollector hasn't the slightest familiarity with the fundamental principles of science ...... LOL. ;o)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,901 - 22,920 of31,995
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••