Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“obamabot livs”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24061 Feb 24, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for confirming the joke. Yes, Al Gore is fat.
IF this was a serious question, DUH. How could it threaten civilization? Gee, what do YOU think?
1. It is certain that there will be more intra-continental droughts, we just don't know exactly where, when or how severe. Droughts are increasing now world-wide. There is serious scientific work that suggests we will have droughts world-wide severe enough to cause agricultural collapse by mid-century. This would mean fis will worsen & almost certainly accelerate. If New York City is inundated, how much will that "cost"?$10 T?$20 T? more? Some cities, like Houston & Boston, are already trying to figure out how to pr
These connections you make are tenuous at best, simply speculation.

You by yourself have no way of knowing if they're even remotely true or simply conjecture, backed by nothing.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#24062 Feb 24, 2013
All your blather says is you'd rather NOT be inconvenienced and leave the problem to our children.... Quit making excuses for yourself and grow a pair.
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#24063 Feb 24, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
All your blather says is you'd rather NOT be inconvenienced and leave the problem to our children.... Quit making excuses for yourself and grow a pair.
lewsie dear, please don't give up with your own blather. I still say you are the Blather Queen of Topix. I believe in you hun.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#24064 Feb 24, 2013
Lewsie ? Weirdo wing nutter ???
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#24065 Feb 24, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
Lewsie ? Weirdo wing nutter ???
Oh, Slewsie, it was not Lewsie. It was lewsie. You are going to blow your job as Spell Check Queen on Topix if you can not even tell when a word is capitalized. I am not sure you are even worthy of being my gay hubby any more.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#24066 Feb 24, 2013
Lewsie ? Weirdo wing nutter ??? Yep, a nutter.

Location hidden

#24067 Feb 24, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to the sea and looked, it's exactly the same level as the first time I saw it decades ago.
Try again.
I would like to thank AGW for giving Denver the crappiest, coldest winter in memory.
Oooooh... Well, OBVIOUSLY...

I'd believe you over satellite radar ANY day. I'm sure your eyes are WAY more accurate than satellite radar.

Obviously...

Hey, maybe they should hire you at NASA. They wouldn't need to track objects in space, or worry about measuring the planet, or worry about anything - they could just ask you to LOOK at it!

Location hidden

#24068 Feb 24, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>

The USA has made immense strides in the last decades reducing our carbon footprints.
Tell me, are you in fAVOR of sealing our borders? Or do you have the delusion, like all libs, that we can take in tens of millions of immigrants and not use vast amounts of additional energy and oil?
If you hate oil, gas, etc. don't use them.
Yes, our carbon footprints have decreased, no thanks to people like you.

Tell ME, what ON EARTH does my position on illegal immigration have to do with this? What's the price of tea in China?

For your information, I think we should be discriminatory, letting in the educated, the skilled, the people who can contribute something. It might be too bad for some families, but education & skills are more important.

NO. The point is DEFINITELY NOT that people who don't like fossil fuels shouldn't use them. That won't be NEARLY enough.

The important thing is that EVERYBODY must use less fossil fuels, including people like you. You, like millions of other people, probably suffer from the psychotic delusion that it is "free" to emit carbon into the atmosphere.

It most assuredly is NOT free. It will be almost incalculably expensive in the future. People who burn fossil fuels now are just leaving it for people to pay for in the future. It's selfish, irresponsible & dangerous.

It's a bit like the national debt. We spend money now, expecting people in the future to pay for it. We burn fossil fuels now, leaving carbon in the atmosphere & expecting people in the future to pay for it.

Except the the costs of emitting carbon could be much, MUCH larger than the national debt. We know what the national debt is. The consequences of unmitigated AGW/CC might be low, but also might be almost unimaginably high.

Location hidden

#24069 Feb 24, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
These connections you make are tenuous at best, simply speculation.
You by yourself have no way of knowing if they're even remotely true or simply conjecture, backed by nothing.
They are NOT "backed by nothing."

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22549-a...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

When the temperature gets to a certain point, we cross the threshold, & all the methane is inexorably because it's a positive feedback cycle. Atmospheric carbon doubles, but it's much worse than that because methane is so much stronger as a greenhouse gas. It gives an extra ~5 C (or more) boost in temps, like the PETM.

Of course it might not happen, but it's the worst case scenario that would give us temps 10-15 higher, & of course an ice-free earth. Sea level would be ~75 meters (more than 245 ft) higher.

Everyone would want to live in northern Siberia, except OOPS! The northern third of Siberia would be under water.
PHD

Overton, TX

#24070 Feb 25, 2013
The above #25054 is overdue its diaper change. It must have another BS rash.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24072 Feb 25, 2013
Looks like "no brains tiny" has decided personal attacks are proof... Poor putz.
PHD

Overton, TX

#24073 Feb 25, 2013
You bet ti takes a putz to know a putz. Welcome to the fray.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#24074 Feb 25, 2013
TI ??

Yep, a moron... Ps- According to THIS theory, anyone who sees an idiot, becomes an idiot ?? Only, when you see them, honey.
PHD

Overton, TX

#24075 Feb 25, 2013
So idiot that would make you a less-on.Only when you see them Less-on.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24076 Feb 25, 2013
Is that 1 of the 3 phrases you've memorized ? Geez tiny, don't have children, think of your poor genetics...
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#24077 Feb 26, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur a zealot, a fanatic, a believer, I'm not, I'm merely skeptical that man is causing any warming and if there's anything we can even do about it. We're 2% of the world's land mass, the emerging countries are going to dwarf our energy use and they don't care one bit about your AGW theories, they care about improving their lifestyles, just as we have for centuries. There's were the carbon is going to be increased massively in the future, all your whining to us here at home is meaningless.
BTW, I only wish some oil co. was paying me off.
Congratulations for yet again showing that you're incapable of rational argument. I'll ignore all of the attempts to distract and steer the conversation elsewhere and repeat:

You are dead wrong about the emails and what they actually meant. I suspect that you know that, which explains your furious attempts to avoid the subject. That means that you knew you were lying when you brought of up. That makes you a dishonest debater and a dogmatic denier.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#24078 Feb 26, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us about the dishonest emails, the lies, the fakery.
If the world is warming, so what? Las Vegas is very hot, people live there just fine.
Your post serves as a complete concession. You know the truth about the emails, too, I suspect. The denier claims regarding them were Big Lies from the outset. The rest is just sad.

I accept your concession.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#24079 Feb 26, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us about the dishonest emails, the lies, the fakery.
If the world is warming, so what? Las Vegas is very hot, people live there just fine.
In case you forgot (snicker), the subject was your crazy denier cherry picking of the screwball "science" of a dogmatic science denier and creatard over all of the real science.

Now the subject is you running from it like a little girl. Stick a fork in this Bozo. He's done.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#24080 Feb 26, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's not, ur lying, as usual.
You are lying as usual. Use Google. Check Wikipedia and read his views in his own words. He's a crackpot.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#24081 Feb 26, 2013
PHD wrote:
Dr. Roy Spencer, a team leader for NASA's Aqua satellite, studied a decade's worth of satellite data regarding cloud surface temperatures. "The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," he writes. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."
So?

Facts can not change a belief based on faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autopsy reports on Ferguson Shooting 11 min ambientbake 14
Local widow of Ebola victim waiting for survivo... 8 hr Free Money 1
Twin Cities: lowest metro unemployment rate in US 11 hr Liberal 24
Nina Pham 'cured of Ebola' and set to meet Obama 12 hr Liberal 6
New York physician tests positive for Ebola Fri cantmakeitup 4
He fled, fired -- and died (Feb '07) Fri Gonar 163
Denver Somali Girls Try to Join ISIS Fri cantmakeitup 5
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs