Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#24036 Feb 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]Predictions Of The ‘Overpopulation’ LIBERALS: Wrong, Wrong, & Wrong Again[/QUOTE]

Not only did liberals predict over-population, but they sought for great educational programs in many countries, that were headed for population crashes. Such efforts of education were accomplished that many societies were changed in excellent efforts to curb family unsustainable growth rates.

Of course, "marred & tinny joke" only has derision for such great societal changes that have actually saved those societies.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#24037 Feb 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="marred & low 44waist"] now leave me alone, I'm not changing squat.[/QUOTE]

Without science & mathematics degrees & without upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, "marred & low 44waist" CAN'T change its squatting position.
PHD

Overton, TX

#24038 Feb 23, 2013
Dr. Roy Spencer, a team leader for NASA's Aqua satellite, studied a decade's worth of satellite data regarding cloud surface temperatures. "The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," he writes. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24039 Feb 23, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, when you post crap at the very start it doesn't inspire me to read further. The seas are not rising, simply not true.
Would it be beneficial for the vast tracts of land in Canada and Siberia to be warm enough to grow crops and allow people to live there? Right now they're basically worthless.
Naaah, sea level isn't rising:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

http://www.google.com/search...

The lines on these graphs are actually flat, not rising. Everyone who sees them rising is just hallucinating.

Now, I'll grant you, SO FAR the rise hasn't been very fast. But it IS rising.

Of course you have NO logical answers to the rest of my points. No surprise.

Location hidden

#24040 Feb 23, 2013
PHD wrote:
Dr. Roy Spencer, a team leader for NASA's Aqua satellite, studied a decade's worth of satellite data regarding cloud surface temperatures. "The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," he writes. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."
Yes, let's look at Roy Spencer's data:

http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-tem...

Who thinks temps are rising? falling? flat?

Location hidden

#24041 Feb 23, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
And you will defend him no mater what only because Liberalism is at stake!!!
It is not the climate you care about but liberal big government all you want!
Of course, you're wrong, wrong, WRONG, in everything you say. No surprises there.

I said I will NOT defend Al Gore for selling Current TV to al-Jazeera. No matter how many awards they've won, & how good their coverage of AGW/CC has been, they're still at least partly funded by oil money. Sorry to disappoint you.

And my ideal government would be smaller & certainly cheaper. It'd just be better. Again, sorry to disappoint you.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#24042 Feb 23, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Mann, ya, that's the guy, he got busted sending the Emails with the phony facts, sure , I remember him. Anything he says is worthless.
The above just proves that you either don't read the other side's (science's) material or that your confirmation bias has the best of you. The 100% intentional falsehoods that the deniers foisted on the gullible (you) about the actual meaning of said emails have been exposed so thoroughly and from the very outset that it is INSANE that you deniers can't/won't process the information!
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#24044 Feb 23, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, I believe, now leave me alone, I'm not changing squat. And neither are you.
Is that an admission that your beliefs are, and forever will be, unaffected by evidence?
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
When Gore and Obama start acting like they care, so will I.
That's just another in your long string of fallacious arguments. Apparently, that's the only kind you have. Clearly, you don't like what science has discovered; preferring non-scientific attacks against it.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#24045 Feb 23, 2013
PHD wrote:
And his scientific judgement is to be given greater weight than that of 98% of relevant scientists because ....?

Or maybe his scientific judgement should be highly suspect considering the massive amount of science denial and conspiracist mindset required to be a creationist. There is a very high correlation between denial of biology and denial of climate science, both in those who hold these views and in the "thinking" involved in justifying them.

You do know that Spencer's a full-fledged wacko creatard, don't you?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#24046 Feb 23, 2013
phud fetid feces face fiend wrote:
Dr. Roy Spencer.....
"phud fetid feces face fiend" using a discredited report, made by an oft discredited scientist, shows that "phud fetid feces face fiend" has no science or mathematics degrees, & has a poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa..... if it has that.

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

#24051 Feb 24, 2013
I Was Almost KILLED By Global Warming!
http://patriotaction.net/forum/topic/show...
PHD

Overton, TX

#24052 Feb 24, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
And his scientific judgement is to be given greater weight than that of 98% of relevant scientists because ....?
Or maybe his scientific judgement should be highly suspect considering the massive amount of science denial and conspiracist mindset required to be a creationist. There is a very high correlation between denial of biology and denial of climate science, both in those who hold these views and in the "thinking" involved in justifying them.
Thanks, but I did not write the article.I used the cut and paste method everyone here employes. I do know that "pinheadlitesout" is a full fledged wacko.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#24053 Feb 24, 2013
It's like, the Democrats keep painting the solid white line on the road that runs into the fake tunnel hole that's painted on the side of the wall, and the Rethuglicans keep running on into it.

Go tiny, GO !!!!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#24054 Feb 24, 2013
phud fetid feces face fiend wrote:
I do know that "pinheadlitesout" is a full fledged wacko.
"phud fetid feces face fiend" using a discredited report, made by an oft discredited scientist, & 39, 49 or 59 astronauts without climate expertise, shows that "phud fetid feces face fiend" has no science or mathematics degrees, & has a poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc..... if it has that.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#24055 Feb 24, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaah, sea level isn't rising:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
http://www.google.com/search...
The lines on these graphs are actually flat, not rising. Everyone who sees them rising is just hallucinating.
Now, I'll grant you, SO FAR the rise hasn't been very fast. But it IS rising.
Of course you have NO logical answers to the rest of my points. No surprise.
I went to the sea and looked, it's exactly the same level as the first time I saw it decades ago.
Try again.

I would like to thank AGW for giving Denver the crappiest, coldest winter in memory.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#24056 Feb 24, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's not, ur lying, as usual.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#24057 Feb 24, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that an admission that your beliefs are, and forever will be, unaffected by evidence?
<quoted text>
That's just another in your long string of fallacious arguments. Apparently, that's the only kind you have. Clearly, you don't like what science has discovered; preferring non-scientific attacks against it.
Now why in the world would I do that? I have no horse in this race, you and your ilk do, you would love to dictate to the rest of us how we should live and what we should buy and use.

You're the nazi, live as you wish and leave us alone. Stop trying to use the force of law to bend us to your will.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#24058 Feb 24, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us about the dishonest emails, the lies, the fakery.

If the world is warming, so what? Las Vegas is very hot, people live there just fine.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#24059 Feb 24, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, how EXACTLY do you know whether I drive a car? Remote viewing? This must be an incredible ability of yours.
Secondly, it's 100.00000000000000000000000000 000000000000% IRRELEVANT to the science what Al Gore, George Soros or even Obama do. You could prove all 3 of them are the most hypocritical, manipulative, venal, greedy, evil people in the history of the world, & you know what it would mean to the science?
NOTHING!
Scientific facts are true regardless of who does or doesn't believe them. The outlines of AGW/CC have been proven beyond all reasonable doubt.
Secondly, individual actions WRT their personal carbon footprints will NEVER be enough. Most carbon release is industrial, so we all need to reduce it together.
If you, e.g., took all liberals, which are ~20% of the US population, & had them reduce their personal carbon footprints to zero, total emissions wouldn't go down more than ~5% because so many emissions are industrial & out of individuals' personal control. We need EVERYONE to reduce emissions as part of broad, society-wide policies.
That's just the way it is. So you can say AGW/CC is false as much as you want, & accuse me or anyone else of not giving a cr*p, & it'll mean NOTHING to the science. Scientific facts are true no matter how much you & the oil companies want them to be false.
It's highly unlikely you don't have a car, heat your house, cool your house, fly on planes or use oil products.

The USA has made immense strides in the last decades reducing our carbon footprints.

Tell me, are you in fAVOR of sealing our borders? Or do you have the delusion, like all libs, that we can take in tens of millions of immigrants and not use vast amounts of additional energy and oil?

If you hate oil, gas, etc. don't use them.

“obamabot livs”

Location hidden

#24060 Feb 24, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
The above just proves that you either don't read the other side's (science's) material or that your confirmation bias has the best of you. The 100% intentional falsehoods that the deniers foisted on the gullible (you) about the actual meaning of said emails have been exposed so thoroughly and from the very outset that it is INSANE that you deniers can't/won't process the information!
Ur a zealot, a fanatic, a believer, I'm not, I'm merely skeptical that man is causing any warming and if there's anything we can even do about it. We're 2% of the world's land mass, the emerging countries are going to dwarf our energy use and they don't care one bit about your AGW theories, they care about improving their lifestyles, just as we have for centuries. There's were the carbon is going to be increased massively in the future, all your whining to us here at home is meaningless.

BTW, I only wish some oil co. was paying me off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Same-sex marriage could increase Minnesota's an... 33 min Liberal Lover 4
Ferguson rioters destroy businesses, police car... 1 hr Crack heads 20
How do I explain this to my black students? 4 hr Ron 24
Burn Diss Place Down 8 hr LIbEralS 8
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 8 hr LIbEralS 287
The Parents Weren't at the Scene in Ferguson Wed Liberal Lover 2
Car plows through protesters during Ferguson ra... Wed Mama Brown 4
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:19 am PST

Bleacher Report 1:19AM
New England Patriots vs Green Bay Packers: Breaking Down Green Bay's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 3:15 AM
Patriots vs. Packers: Breaking Down New England's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Patriots vs. Packers: What Are Experts Saying About New England?
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
NFL Week 13 Picks: Final Predictions and Over-Under Odds Before Thursday Night
NBC Sports10:13 AM
Watch No. 12: Tom Brady vs Aaron Rodgers - NBC Sports