Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
21,881 - 21,900 of 32,129 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

You can't claim to have seen a school lab, except as an experiment GONE HORRIBLY WRONG !!! Maybe if you ate some of that makeup, you could be pretty on the inside.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

UNAmused Stewed doesn’t really really know that he was that mouse in my lab when that experiment GONE HORRIBLY WRONG! It was discovered that UNAmused Stewed had one brain cell to function on. Yes it was ugly in side that small brain.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

It must have been "UGLY" if you were there and need to LIE...

Thanks for showing you're a POS liar, that means nothing you write is worth of intelligent perusal..

In your case-

Same sh*t, different day..
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

UNAmused Stewed wrote:
It must have been "UGLY" if you were there and need to LIE...
Thanks for showing you're a POS liar, that means nothing you write is worth of intelligent perusal..
In your case-
Same sh*t, different day..
Actually you use your expletives to cover up your shortfalls. Get real you have no intelligence.
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Are there still anti-science idiots out there that don't believe global warming is occurring??

ROFLMAO!!!!!
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

phud feces face wrote:
...... you use your expletives to cover up your shortfalls.
'phud feces face' uses his long excrements to cover its short comings.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Climate is always changing. The theory that man made greenhouse gas emissions is causing catastrophic global warming hasn't been experimentally tested. Therefor, climate change mitigation is a hoax.
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Climate is always changing. The theory that man made greenhouse gas emissions is causing catastrophic global warming hasn't been experimentally tested. Therefor, climate change mitigation is a hoax.
Are there seriously people that still believe that?

I think you know the truth but just get off on being a troll.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

pinheadlitesout wrote:
<quoted text>
'pinheadlitesout' uses MY long excrements to cover MY short comings.
So get that check up from the neck up. Remember how you so proudly explained that you car well protected you from that terrible crash? Well doctors have discovered years later mental issues can become fatal.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Consistent wrote:
Are there still anti-science idiots out there that don't believe global warming is occurring??
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Yes, they flock here but their numbers are dwindling.

There used to be real pukey ones. Look at the past posts.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
We haven't actually touched the sun, so it's NOT HOT, according to your "logic" ???

Man, you're a moron, the test temperature is CHANGING UPWARDS !!!

"THEREFOR", you're a MORON !!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

we are presently sitting on a huge..HUGE..pile of natural gas... i mean,its fairly clean stuff...beats the hell outta charcoal ..sticks..garbage..and cow dung...we all know thats what the re-distributionist green agenda folks would like us to burn.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

bifaith wrote:
we are presently sitting on a huge..HUGE..pile of natural gas... i mean,its fairly clean stuff...beats the hell outta charcoal ..sticks..garbage..and cow dung...we all know thats what the re-distributionist green agenda folks would like us to burn.
You'd probably have a point if we could only DRILL it out without permanently polluting tye local underground water supply.

Go watch the movie Promised Land starring Matt Damon

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Wow--watching FOX news perhaps for your source?

#1 virtually all the world renown science agencies have put out statements warning about the potential serious threats of global warming:

"Since 2007, no scientific body of national or international standing has maintained a dissenting opinion [on global warming - see below]. A few organizations hold non-committal positions >>
taken from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opini...

This includes all the national SCIENCE academies in the world [which study many sciences -- not just climatology]

National Academy of Sciences (United States of America)
Science Council of Japan
Russian Academy of Sciences
Royal Society (United Kingdom)
Australian Academy of Sciences
Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts
Caribbean Academy of Sciences
Indonesian Academy of Sciences
Royal Irish Academy
Academy of Sciences Malaysia Academy
Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand
Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences

All the organizations specializing in climate, atmosphere, ocean, and/or earth sciences
NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies (GISS/NASA)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
National Academy of Sciences (NAS)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Royal Society of the United Kingdom (RS)
American Geophysical Union (AGU)
American Institute of Physics (AIP)
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
American Meteorological Society (AMS)
Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS)

These organizations also agree with the consensus:
Royal Meteorological Society Community
American Association for the Advancement of Science
National Research Council
US Office of Science Technology Policy
US National Climatic Data Center
The National Academy of Engineering
The Institute of Medicine
American Chemical Society
The Weather Channel
National Geographic

This is typical:

American Association for the Advancement of Science

The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society. Accumulating data from across the globe reveal a wide array of effects: rapidly melting glaciers, destabilization of major ice sheets, increases in extreme weather, rising sea level, shifts in species ranges, and more. The pace of change and the evidence of harm have increased markedly over the last five years. The time to control greenhouse gas emissions is now. The atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide, a critical greenhouse gas, is higher than it has been for at least 650,000 years.

The average temperature of the Earth is heading for levels not experienced for millions of years. Scientific predictions of the impacts of increasing atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gases from fossil fuels and deforestation match observed changes. As expected, intensification of droughts, heat waves, floods, wildfires, and severe storms is occur Delaying action to address climate change will increase the environmental and societal consequences as well as the costs. The longer we wait to tackle climate change, the harder and more expensive the task will be.

http://www.aaas.org/news/press_room/climate_c...

#2 All the mainstream science media supports global warming -- examples: Scientific American, Discover, NewScientist, Science, Science News.

#3 Essentially all the scientific studies in peer review science journals support global warming.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

So no one really really knows. Does anyone know if "pinheadlitesout" got that check up from the neck up? The "pinheadlitesout" told all that it was in a bad car wreck and may be suffering form that sports brai injury.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Same ol' refrain from Brian, who seems to think you can put the Earth's climate on a laboratory table and "test" something.

Observation and measurement, Brian. Two cornerstones of the scientific method. We know that there are greenhouse gases, we know they tend to warm the environment, we know more and more have been emitted since the industrial age, and we know that that coincides with observed warming.

I still don't know what magical "experiment" you think needs doing, but no one's yet disproven AGW. Therefore, your unsupported claim that it is a "hoax" is dismissed for lack of evidence.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

bifaith wrote:
Actually,'green energy' folks are much happier with natural gas than coal, and certainly don't want to burn charcoal, wood, or dung.

Your "agenda" is making dimwitted posts to environmental boards, am I correct?:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

It's undeniable. We are all gonna DIE.
The planet has gone to shyt. Look at China, the news says kids can't play outside. F*** that! We're screwed.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

You are dieing the day you are born.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
You are dieing the day you are born.
Shyt yeah but do have to die like that!! I could fishing, cow tipping, hump in the back of the truck without dead birds falling from the sky, skinny dipping without snakeheads taking a bite at my balls, gimme a f***ing break!
My wife's hollering about the ice caps melting. I don't want her readings this crap later she's telling me to stock up on sugar.
Shyt, I'll stock on bullets and guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••