Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
PHD

Overton, TX

#22800 Dec 13, 2012
Yes during the warm periods my heat exchanger is turned off. Thatís global warming turning into global cooling.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#22801 Dec 14, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>You posted 2 different number of "teachers", so NO, "it" doesn't....
And I am still taking courses so of course the numbers are changing and the number of professor is increasing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#22802 Dec 14, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
A graph with nothing telling us what they used for data, how they calculated, or anything else.

As Mark Twain said, "There are three types of lies. Lies, damm lies, and statistics." What you have isn't even statistics.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#22803 Dec 14, 2012
Too bad it's too few, to support your claim/lies... Poor tina, keep spinning and you'll get dizzier.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CrazyasUR

Russellville, KY

#22804 Dec 14, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make it ok for us to alter the climate by dumping CO2 into the atmosphere?
And you have electricity to promote your propaganda by what means? Go outside and pulled the meter off your house hypocrite.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#22805 Dec 14, 2012
You first, it's your dumb rules...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#22806 Dec 14, 2012
CrazyasUR wrote:
<quoted text>And you have electricity to promote your propaganda by what means? Go outside and pulled the meter off your house hypocrite.
What a lame statement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#22807 Dec 14, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
A graph with nothing telling us what they used for data, how they calculated, or anything else.
As Mark Twain said, "There are three types of lies. Lies, damm lies, and statistics." What you have isn't even statistics.
Twain- Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

Nice "quote" tina...NICE ~!

Further background on this quote is provided by Stephen Goranson who writes on the Mark Twain Forum in a post dated 31 July 2002: Twain's Autobiography attribution of a remark about lies and statistics to Disraeli is generally not accepted. Evidence is now available to conclude that the phrase originally appeared in 1895 in an article by Leonard H. Courtney. So Disraeli is not the source, nor any pre-1895 person; merely Courtney. The 1895 article is now available online at: http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/maths/histstat/li... Courtney may have read Carlyle on statistics (also quoted at this site); certainly, misuse of statistics was complained about before 1895.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PHD

Overton, TX

#22808 Dec 15, 2012
Yes global cooling is 'undeniable,' scientists say

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#22809 Dec 15, 2012
Yes, anonymous asses are 'undeniable,' scientists say ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PHD

Overton, TX

#22810 Dec 15, 2012
So are you the "undenialble scientist" or the "anonymous asses"?scientist say...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#22811 Dec 15, 2012
Public: "We want jobs!"
Obama: "We need a jobs bill."
Tea Party Republicans: "No jobs bill, we have to focus on the deficit crisis."
Public: "What crisis? We want jobs!"
Tea Party Republicans: "Trust us, the deficit is the real crisis. We can't focus on jobs until we
solve the deficit."
Economists: "Austerity is not a good idea in this economic climate. Jobs first, then the deficit."
Tea Party Republicans: "We can get all Republicans to vote with us. They are afraid of the
voters back home who have suddenly decided that deficits are killing the economy. These
voters have decided that because we keep telling them it is true. With all Republicans voting
with us, we have control of the House and veto power in the Senate. No jobs bill. Fix the deficit.
Trust us, Obama hasn't gotten you any jobs. After the deficit is fixed, then the jobs will magically
appear."
Public: "We want jobs. But we trust you; Obama hasn't gotten us any jobs."
Obama: "You win. I'll talk about the deficit and not about jobs."
Liberal Democrats and moderate Republicans in Congress:[silence]
Public: "Hello? We still don't have jobs!"
Tea Party Republicans: "OK, we have to cut the part of the budget that gives aid to poor people
and working class people. But nothing else."
Economists: "That won't help, we need to grow the economy out of the slump first; cuts alone
will make things worse."
Tea Party Republicans: "But this is our big chance. We demand smaller government. We need
to make Obama look bad so that he won't get re-elected. Growth is not acceptable."
All Republicans: "We cannot grow the economy, we have signed Grover Norquist's pledge to
never raise taxes. That means no revenue increases, only cuts to programs that help poor
people and working class people."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#22812 Dec 15, 2012
Obama: "Cutting only programs for the poor won't be enough to balance the budget. I agree to
cut them, but they don't add up to enough cuts to balance the budget. We have to cut other
areas as well."
Public: "We still need jobs!"
Obama: "We still can't balance the budget without increasing revenue. We can cut out corporate
tax loopholes. We can create a millionaire's tax."
Tea Party Republicans: "We can't do that!! That will kill jobs. That is a tax on job creators! Only
cuts to programs that help the poor are acceptable. Those people are leeches anyway. How
come they don't pay taxes? Why take money from the few who already pay all the taxes and
create all the jobs? No revenue increases. We have signed a pledge. Why do you want to
destroy jobs in order to balance the budget? How come you haven't created any jobs?"
Public: "We need jobs!"
Obama: "I thought you wanted to balance the budget and not worry about jobs? Now you are
concerned about jobs and not the budget?"
Tea Party Republicans: "Forget about the budget. Kick that problem down the road. Just cut
programs for the poor. We have an election coming up, and we need to run on the fact that
Obama didn't create jobs."
Obama: "You want jobs? Here is a jobs bill."
All Republicans: "We can't create jobs now. We have an election to win, and we need to show
that Obama didn't create jobs. The economy needs to get worse, not better. No jobs, we need to
get Obama out of office."
All Democrats: "Now what are we supposed to campaign on?"
Public: "We still don't have jobs. Isn't the president supposed to create jobs for us? But we
don't trust Congress either."
Republican Presidential Candidates (one at a time): "God told me to run for President. I believe
in God more than the other candidates. Gays are bad because God says so. Immigrants are
bad. Abortion is the biggest problem facing America. Starve the economy and jobs will
magically appear. God loves America. Vote for me, and my prayers will create jobs. Don't vote
for the other candidates because they are evil. Oh yeah, and if I win the nomination, I won't
forget to tell you that Obama is evil also."
Economists: "It will take a long time to recover, but jobs are coming back. Just very slowly. The
economy is very fragile, we cannot allow the payroll tax cuts to expire yet or the economy will
return to a recession."
Obama and Senators from both parties: "We need to extend the payroll tax cuts for another
year."
House Republicans: "We cannot afford that. How will we pay for it?"
Public: "But if you let the tax cuts expire, our taxes will go up. I thought you opposed all tax
increases and signed a pledge never to raise taxes?"
House Republicans: "This doesn't count as a tax increase. Grover Norquist told us that we are
allowed to raise taxes on the working class. Our pledge only keeps us from raising taxes on rich
people."
Obama and Senators from both parties: "If we can't get the House Republicans to agree on an
extension for one year, let's extend them for two months so that we have time to reach an
agreement on how to pay for it."
Public: "We will not vote for you if you oppose the payroll tax cut extension."
House Republicans: "We didn't mean what we said. What we meant was that we won't agree on
a two month extension. We will agree on a one year extension only."
Obama and Senators from both parties: "The cuts will expire before we can make a one year
agreement, let's extend them for two months while we negotiate."
House Republicans: "No."
Public: "We will not vote for you if you oppose the payroll tax cut extension."
House Republicans: "Yes, but we will just use a voice vote so that the Tea Party Republicans
won't have to be on record of voting for this. And we will not say that we caved in to public
pressure, we will say that we compromised."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#22813 Dec 15, 2012
Public: "Obama is starting to look better compared to the rest of these clowns."
That's how it stands as 2011 comes to a close. We still have the entire election year of 2012 to go.
How will all of this turn out? http://economicsonlinetutor.com/realworld.htm... - 21k

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#22814 Dec 15, 2012
PHD wrote:
So are you the "undenialble scientist" or the "anonymous asses"?scientist say...
Well, you spelled it "undenialble", so you'll be able to work it out yourself....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#22815 Dec 15, 2012
phdudd wrote:
Yes during the warm periods my heat exchanger is turned off. Thatís global warming turning into global cooling.
phdudd wrote:
The melting ice really really wouldn't melt if it were off that back burner.
//////////
litesong wrote:
The melting ice really really is melting........ thus, the definition of 'melting ice'.
November 1980 total Arctic sea ice=18000 cubic kilometers.
November 2012 total Arctic sea ice= 6200 cubic kilometers.
Arctic sea ice is in an uncontrolled plummeting collapse of AGW heated Arctic waters, including powerful feedbacks, piled on other powerful feedbacks.
PHD

Overton, TX

#22816 Dec 16, 2012
The melting ice really really means nothing other than a new method for the scare mongers AKA "litesout.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#22817 Dec 16, 2012
Must be the "undenialble" ice in your drink, right dummy ???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#22819 Dec 16, 2012
phdudd wrote:
.......scare mongers AKA "litesong".
//////////
Amused Slew wrote:
Must be the "undeniable" ice in your drink, right dummy ???
//////////
litesong wrote:
Amused Slew....... Think my sentence,'phdudd is a silly goose', sounds better than your,'dummy'.
However, both of us are accurate.
PHD

Overton, TX

#22820 Dec 17, 2012
litesout wrote:
phdudd wrote:
.......scare mongers AKA "litesong".
//////////
Amused Stew wrote:
Must be the "undeniable" ice in your drink, right dummy ???
//////////
litesout wrote:
Amused Stew....... Think my sentence,'phdudd is a silly goose', sounds better than your,'dummy'.
However, both of us are accurate.
So that would make the both of you a silly dummy goose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mall of America Protest 5 min Sunshine 11
MNsure losing money already (Jan '14) 2 hr LIbEralS 17
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 4 hr Sunshine 12
Renee Manning Colleen wallin Joe Cole IPM DMW (Jun '09) 5 hr irs audit dmw Car... 48
Whites blacks 7 hr Icantbreathe 1
GRUBER gate 8 hr LIbEralS 16
This is why everyone hates the IRS (Feb '14) 23 hr LIbEralS 28
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]