Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#22779 Dec 12, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate is not short term. That is weather. Nine of the warmest years have occurred during the last decade. Some try to say the warming has stopped. If that were true, the global temperatures would revert to the long termed average.
You first stated that climate is not short term then prove that you are only looking short term when you refer to nine of the last ten years. Short term in climate is measured in decades and not years and when you look at the last nine or ten centuries the proof is that yes the earth is and had been warming. The fact that your looking at the average of ten years instead of the trend of the last ten decades shows that you looking more at weather and calling it climate.

Norfolk va

#22780 Dec 12, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Funny girl, you're either a liar or liar, your choice....
Sorry Tina, YOUR WORDS ~!
"fourteen professional educators/\twelve years worth of teachers"
Neither adds up to a college degree, honey ! LMAOROTFU~! Especially, if you consider the REALITY, in college multiple teachers teach various disciplines...DUMMY ~! In your case, it's "collage"...
Actually it does add up to a college degree and a high school diploma.

And yes they teach various disciplines and each is considered an expert and highly knowledgeable in that discipline.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#22781 Dec 12, 2012
Funny girl, you're either a liar or liar, your choice....

Sorry Tina, YOUR WORDS ~!

"fourteen professional educators/\twelve years worth of teachers"

Neither adds up to a college degree, honey ! LMAOROTFU~! Especially, if you consider the REALITY, in college multiple teachers teach various disciplines...DUMMY ~! In your case, it's "collage"...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#22782 Dec 12, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You first stated that climate is not short term then prove that you are only looking short term when you refer to nine of the last ten years. Short term in climate is measured in decades and not years and when you look at the last nine or ten centuries the proof is that yes the earth is and had been warming. The fact that your looking at the average of ten years instead of the trend of the last ten decades shows that you looking more at weather and calling it climate.
And what is the trend for the last ten decades?

Norfolk va

#22783 Dec 12, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is the trend for the last ten decades?
Cycles of warming and cooling with an overall warming trend. Of course that same general trend has been in progress for the last ten centuries.

Like I said you are thinking short term when it comes to climate change.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#22784 Dec 12, 2012
litesong wrote:
You're the one asking questions........ dumb & dudd ones, too.
//////////
phdudd wrote:
And your(sic) the one that can't answer any question.So(sic) answer the questions with your own work expert.
//////////
litesong wrote:
I have & you haven't understood, thinking yourself wise. However, you repeat variations on a theme (not even that, but reflections). You did it above. You'll probably answer with a reflection. You complain about my thinking, but then use my thoughts to reflect back.

I don't answer your questions because they are unworthy questions. AGW scientists have addressed all issues by toxic topix AGW deniers. Since I'm not your teacher, I like toxic topix AGW deniers to remain as stupid as they have chosen to be.

Wichita, KS

#22785 Dec 12, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Cycles of warming and cooling with an overall warming trend. Of course that same general trend has been in progress for the last ten centuries.
Like I said you are thinking short term when it comes to climate change.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#22786 Dec 12, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it does add up to a college degree and a high school diploma.
And yes they teach various disciplines and each is considered an expert and highly knowledgeable in that discipline.
You posted 2 different number of "teachers", so NO, "it" doesn't....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PHD

Overton, TX

#22788 Dec 13, 2012
The less than a Box of Rocks AKA "tina" makes the flip flopping politician look like K Level material. On the other hand when it comes to an education spot the dog makes the Less than a Box of Rocks AKA"tina" looks like a higher educated person.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#22789 Dec 13, 2012
al gore said global warming was bad, then he got on his private jet and left
PHD

Overton, TX

#22790 Dec 13, 2012
Was that jet an solar powered one?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#22791 Dec 13, 2012
Geologists have already discovered, I dislike that word, that global warming is not unordinary to the planet. As they have concluded it has happened about seven times, five of which were documented by humans at the same time in different parts of the world. The glacial core also reinforces this occurence.

Wichita, KS

#22792 Dec 13, 2012
QuiteCrazy wrote:
Geologists have already discovered, I dislike that word, that global warming is not unordinary to the planet. As they have concluded it has happened about seven times, five of which were documented by humans at the same time in different parts of the world. The glacial core also reinforces this occurence.
Does that make it ok for us to alter the climate by dumping CO2 into the atmosphere?

Location hidden

#22793 Dec 13, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make it ok for us to alter the climate by dumping CO2 into the atmosphere?
I didn't say that Energizer Bunny. The green house effect and the depletion of the ozone layer are two contributing factors with ancient data that could not have been recorded. It could, although ignorant to presume that our current manner of exploiting the planet's natural resources in an fashion which humans had never before, attribute to this accelerated reaction.

Location hidden

#22794 Dec 13, 2012
btw I didn't judge you

Wichita, KS

#22795 Dec 13, 2012
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that Energizer Bunny. The green house effect and the depletion of the ozone layer are two contributing factors with ancient data that could not have been recorded. It could, although ignorant to presume that our current manner of exploiting the planet's natural resources in an fashion which humans had never before, attribute to this accelerated reaction.
Understand. However, this is an argument that many use to diminish the role of CO2 in global warming. Just because the planet warmed in the past does in no way support that argument. There are many problems associated with the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#22796 Dec 13, 2012
http://ecowatch.org/2012/fail-address-methane...

The Clean Air Act requires EPA to set emission controls—known as “New Source Performance Standards” or “NSPS”—for industrial sectors that cause or significantly contribute to air pollution that endangers public health and welfare. In August 2012, EPA revised NSPS regulations for the oil and natural gas industry. These regulations included, for the first time, federal air emission standards for natural gas wells developed through hydraulic fracturing, or “fracking,” along with requirements for several other sources of pollution in the oil and gas industry that are currently not regulated at the federal level.

However, the revised regulations do not address the industry’s methane emissions. In fact, although EPA concluded that its regulations would have “co-benefits” in reducing methane emissions, its decision not to directly address the emissions of methane from oil and natural gas operations leaves almost 95 percent of these emissions uncontrolled.

In today’s notice of intent to sue, Attorney General Schneiderman’s coalition charges that the EPA violated the Clean Air Act when it failed to address methane emissions in the August 2012 regulations. Specifically, the coalition argues that because EPA recognizes that methane endangers public health and welfare and is emitted in large quantities by the oil and gas industry—and has 18 years of data demonstrating that many methods of controlling these emissions are available and cost-effective—the Agency broke the law by deferring a decision on whether to set NSPS standards for methane emissions from the industry. The coalition’s notice states that it intends to file suit against EPA in federal district court, unless the Agency makes timely decisions on setting standards to curb these methane emissions from the oil and gas industry.

Location hidden

#22797 Dec 13, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand. However, this is an argument that many use to diminish the role of CO2 in global warming. Just because the planet warmed in the past does in no way support that argument. There are many problems associated with the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere.
Definately not using that as a discussion point to defend or express my opinion. I only believe that the factor that you mentioned and previous records would validate for this "warm climate" happening drastically faster or ahead of schedule.

If there is a better and more effect way to live and use energy we definately can develop it and use it.

Location hidden

#22798 Dec 13, 2012
buh bye bunny
continue to save the world, no jk

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#22799 Dec 13, 2012
QuiteCrazy wrote:
They have also documented what happened during these warming periods:

http://www.greenmanstudio.com/wardco2big.jpg

Extinction events, where many species are simply wiped off the planet.

The Earth will be fine- it's just us who are in trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Lady To Rally Voters In Minneapolis 11 hr goose 1
Obama Owns Ebola 12 hr Billy 38
Where do you most obtain your news, particularl... 16 hr Heather Johnson 0
VA Healthcare Not a peep from President 18 hr LIbEralS 46
Arrest hillary clinton for benghazi crimes Mon Space ace 1
How to clear out a High School Gym in short order. Mon Space ace 4
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Mon LIbEralS 271
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis Jobs