Amy Hockert leaving KARE-11

Amy Hockert leaving KARE-11

There are 59 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Amy Hockert leaving KARE-11. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

There's a change coming to the KARE anchor desk. While recent unfounded gossip focused on the possible departure of the KARE-TV, Channel 11's meteorologist Sven Sundgaard, it turns out it's weekend anchor Amy ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Kirby

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#26 Sep 12, 2008
You folks all need to get a life. If your lives are so dull that you need to comment on people who read tela-promoters for a living, something is really wrong with you. Just say'n.
Metro Resident

AOL

#29 Sep 13, 2008
Kirby wrote:
You folks all need to get a life. If your lives are so dull that you need to comment on people who read tela-promoters for a living, something is really wrong with you. Just say'n.
Well at least you have a job commenting on those of us commenting on those that read telepromters.(although your use of tela-promoters might be a more accurate mistake)
Morgan Mundane

United States

#30 Sep 13, 2008
I thought she was from Alexandria.

Since: Feb 08

Big Lake, MN

#31 Sep 13, 2008
I didn't realize that people still watched the news on TV. You guys have computers with the Internets, right?

I got my weather in two minutes from www.wunderground.com and I didn't have to listen to DFL Don, weather boy, or Zippy the Pinhead, either.

Free yourself from TV. You'll be glad you did.
john s

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Sep 13, 2008
I'm with matman72. She's HOT. I'll miss her.
Forward Observer

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Sep 13, 2008
Too bad...she's a fox (almost as much of a fox as Jessica Miles).
Randy Clown

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Sep 13, 2008
now what are we supposed to do?
Da Crusher

Ulen, MN

#35 Sep 13, 2008
A GREAT loss for the Twin Cities!! Good for Amy to recoginize that family really does come first. To bad KARE can't 'KARE' for their employees...
Steve Hettinger

Minneapolis, MN

#36 Sep 13, 2008
Good. She wasnt from Minnesota anyway.
Sally

Alexandria, MN

#37 Sep 13, 2008
Sundgaard, Rick Kupchella and Eric Perkins — are known for their playful chemistry.-------Known by who?
Rick Kupchella is known for no sense of humor. I will miss Amy Hocker .
Why does Kare Lose all their best talent?
Jack

Duluth, MN

#38 Sep 13, 2008
Please say it isn't so.
Sally

Duluth, MN

#39 Sep 13, 2008
Metro Resident wrote:
I wish Mike Pomeranz could have a baby, live on the east coast and move! He has got to go! I can't watch when he's on. Head of hair but nothing between the ears.
I'll watch their weather when Belinda Jensen's on.
And Diana's getting to be a snit. They had a female guest on the other day and a near empty soft-sided bag being used to demo items soundlessly dropped backwards and Diane pretty much "dismissed" the guest. Didn't even say thank you. The poor guest was just in Diana's way.
Totally agree with you on Pomeranz, he's such a fake.
Pam

Duluth, MN

#40 Sep 13, 2008
Sally wrote:
Sundgaard, Rick Kupchella and Eric Perkins — are known for their playful chemistry.-------Known by who?
Rick Kupchella is known for no sense of humor. I will miss Amy Hocker .
Why does Kare Lose all their best talent?
Would someone please tell me what the hell is with Sven's dorky haircut?
Damifino

Cottage Grove, MN

#41 Sep 13, 2008
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
Would someone please tell me what the hell is with Sven's dorky haircut?
I think when he took his hair in for an oil change he got a grease job instead.

Whatever style he was going for, he missed, by a couple of years.
Bulletin

United States

#42 Sep 13, 2008
Not Surprised wrote:
The "blonding" at KARE continues. Hope she reappears at KMSP or KSTP after her maternity leave.
Did you miss the part where she's commuting form the East Coast to work weekends? She's not going to work in the Twin Cities unless someone offeres her a great deal, or hubby gets reassigned to the Twin Cities.
Bulletin

United States

#43 Sep 13, 2008
Da Crusher wrote:
A GREAT loss for the Twin Cities!! Good for Amy to recoginize that family really does come first. To bad KARE can't 'KARE' for their employees...
Weird that a company thought that after over two years of allowing someone to work part-time for a full-time salary they'd want more for their money.

I understand that the split was pretty pleasant -- despite what CJ and CJ wannabees say.

griddy

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Sep 13, 2008
Great Rack!
Stephen Canavan

Minneapolis, MN

#45 Sep 13, 2008
Must be a very slow news day.
Gndydncr

Saint Paul, MN

#46 Sep 13, 2008
Damifino wrote:
<quoted text>
I think when he took his hair in for an oil change he got a grease job instead.
Whatever style he was going for, he missed, by a couple of years.
Maybe his mother licks it down for him.
Monk

Manitowoc, WI

#47 Sep 13, 2008
Bulletin wrote:
<quoted text>
Weird that a company thought that after over two years of allowing someone to work part-time for a full-time salary they'd want more for their money.
I understand that the split was pretty pleasant -- despite what CJ and CJ wannabees say.
CJ has got to go. No one talks to her anymore because she's stabbed so many in the back. Now she wanders around with her little video camera trying to find a story. Go away CJ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minneapolis student targeted in Facebook postin... (May '10) 4 hr Meeee 26
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Tue Waikiki murders 586
Don't talk to commies Tue Waikiki murders 3
Get rough & get tough Mon Waikiki murders 2
News From reissues to reunions: What Prince fans can... Apr 24 @Real Kelly 3
#Dump Betsy Hodges! Apr 21 All libertards got 10
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Apr 21 UidiotRaceMakeWor... 36,891

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages