House GOP Panel: No Evidence of Obama...

House GOP Panel: No Evidence of Obama Wrongdoing in Benghazi

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Lombard, IL

#1 Aug 16, 2014
Before you say,“not another story about Benghazi” and move on, there is real news for once: the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee voted to declassify its report that,“confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order was given.”

Everyone who isn’t either an irretrievable ideologue or looking to score political points against the president has known for some time the truth about what happened in Benghazi. There was a terrible tragedy that could have been avoided with better security, planning, and resources. There was no secret conspiracy, no stand-down order, no cover up. The White House’s talking points were based on the best intelligence they had at the time, and they were edited heavily because talking points are always edited heavily.(I guarantee you that if you could hack into the right Republicans’ email accounts, you would find edits to talking points about the edits to the Benghazi talking points.)

Now that the House Intelligence Committee — likely the committee in the best position to judge what went down that night — has definitively ruled that there was no wrongdoing by the administration, will Republicans and their enablers in the conservative media finally drop the ridiculous witch hunt that has taken up so much of their time and effort? Will they finally stop pursuing a clearly false scandal meant to do nothing more than tar the president they despise and the woman most likely to succeed him?

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Aug 17, 2014
or maybe

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Aug 17, 2014
Yes, it is very funny that all the current GOP congress does is manufacture scandal and avoid real issues. Hil f'n larious.
or maybe

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Aug 17, 2014
Oh Goody. Another name stealing, unimaginative, mind numbed lefty. Guess I'll have to change my name. Again. Let's see. What shall it be this time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask a deplorable. Hahaha 6 hr Davycrockett 5
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 7 hr Into The Night 38,777
News Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 12 hr Abe 26,479
Broward sheriff's captain who gave initial orde... Sun Joe Balls 18
Golf Fans Sun Cat Fan 4
Disgusted Mar 16 Space ace 10
David Dennison “ I hire the best and the bright... Mar 16 Davycrockett 1

Minneapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages