Mitt Romney: 'It kills me' not to be president

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

liBeRALs

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 3, 2013
Mitt Romney:'It kills me' not to be president

Source: Politico

By REID J. EPSTEIN | 3/3/13 9:08 AM EST

Four months after he lost to President Barack Obama, Mitt Romney says “it kills me” not to be in the White House finding solutions to the nation’s problems.

In his first television interview since the election, the former Massachusetts governor and Republican presidential nominee told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday" that he was convinced he’d win until Ohio’s vote came in, and that he damaged his campaign by failing to attract black and Hispanic voters and speaking too freely in his infamous “47 percent” comments.

Romney’s wife, Ann, blamed the media and Obama’s campaign for offering what she described as an unfairly skewed vision of her husband.

“I’ll look at what’s happening right now, I wish I were there,” Mitt Romney said.“It kills me not to be there, not to be in the White House doing what needs to be done. The president is the leader of the nation. The president brings people together, does the deals, does the trades, knocks the heads together; the president leads. And – and I don’t see that kind of – of leadership happening right now”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/mitt-ro...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 33 min Abe 26,703
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 46 min Big Al 39,168
Club calls police on black women golfers over s... 2 hr Space ace 3
Crassus, fovr, davy 20 hr Space ace 6
Comey beng investigated by IG 23 hr MAGAfiggypops 9
Exploding Ant plows van into pedestrians in Tor... Tue The Lumber Jack 11
Try me Mon Space ace 5

Minneapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages